ND ND - Thomas 'Tom' Bearson, 19, Fargo, 20 Sep 2014 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I can verify this information. I just spoke by phone with KFGO news reporter, Don Haney, who was there on scene when this happened and he stated that the dog picked up an active scent of Tom Bearson's from a shirt they had and followed that scent WEST. The dog followed, then lost the scent a short while later.

He was told that losing the scent might be the result of any number of things.

Thank you so much for your effort!!! You've gone above and beyond to verify this information.

Have to agree with Rocco. You're outstanding IB!

Yes, I can verify this information. I just spoke by phone with KFGO news reporter, Don Haney, who was there on scene when this happened and he stated that the dog picked up an active scent of Tom Bearson's from a shirt they had and followed that scent WEST. The dog followed, then lost the scent a short while later.

This was not his interpretation of the dog's actions, it was explained by the dog handler.

He was told that losing the scent might be the result of any number of things. When I asked if the information about the radio broadcast having this information and if this information was correct he said, "Yes".

You are welcome.

IBsleuthin <----------does what it says, says what it does.

THANKS, IB. I hope this can put a silencer on the constant criticism and reporting you experience on this thread.

Now, we have to wonder where Tom went from the house at 824 14th St N.

His fastest walking route to the dorm is to head north (left) on 14th St N then west (left) on 9th Ave N. one block to Barrett St, turn north (right).

Barrett St jigs into Albrecht Blvd on campus once he'd cross 12th Ave N, but he would continue north all the way to Reed Hall.

Now--- "if" the tracking dog scented him near the RR tracks, we have him going south then west.
WHY?

(Explanation of Fargo street/avenues)
Streets run north-south; avenues run east/west;
1-'whatever' avenues begin at the center of town and the label N or S attached according to the direction from the center of town.
Streets begin at the river (state line) and progress west.
Please correct me if I have forgotten this and got it wrong.

ndsu.area.JPG

THANKS, IB. I hope this can put a silencer on the constant criticism and reporting you experience on this thread.

Now, we have to wonder where Tom went from the house at 824 14th St N.

His fastest walking route to the dorm is to head north (left) on 14th St N then west (left) on 9th Ave N. one block to Barrett St, turn north (right).

Barrett St jigs into Albrecht Blvd on campus once he'd cross 12th Ave N, but he would continue north all the way to Reed Hall.

Now--- "if" the tracking dog scented him near the RR tracks, we have him going south then west.
WHY?

(Explanation of Fargo street/avenues)
Streets run north-south; avenues run east/west;
1-'whatever' avenues begin at the center of town and the label N or S attached according to the direction from the center of town.
Streets begin at the river (state line) and progress west.
Please correct me if I have forgotten this and got it wrong.

Thank you beyond words, Amanda for this post of positive energy.

After he and I spoke for a bit, I did share with him the information I posted here this week. It was a good conversation. Hopefully this will be the start of positive movement forward for this very sad situation.

About 350 meters. (Right at 1/4th of a mile).

Google Earth maps.

While we can never know what he may have been thinking, he may have been under the belief that the car was still at the impound lot. (Maybe it was still at the impound lot).

Perhaps he wanted something out of that car.

If the motivation was strong enough, that's not a far walk.

350 meters.jpg

So in summary: TB went missing in the area of the tow yard that Fargo uses to impound cars at a time when the tow truck was active, as was Tom. His scent was tracked by the dogs to the west of the house he was partying at, which is where the tow lot is located. He was found near the tow yard that the city of Moorhead uses. Goes missing in the vicinity of one tow yard---is found in the vicinity of another tow yard. What are the odds?

I can't follow this theory. Care to elaborate?

I can't follow this theory. Care to elaborate?

There's nothing really to elaborate on. He went missing near one city tow lot and was found near another city tow lot. I find that strange. It's not like he went missing near a McDonald's or Subway, where's there's one every few blocks, and was found near a McDonald's or Subway. There's only one City tow lot in Fargo and one City tow lot in Moorhead. I think the odds speak for themselves.

About 350 meters. (Right at 1/4th of a mile).

Google Earth maps.

While we can never know what he may have been thinking, he may have been under the belief that the car was still at the impound lot. (Maybe it was still at the impound lot).

Perhaps he wanted something out of that car.

If the motivation was strong enough, that's not a far walk.

View attachment 67633

Let's consider that for a minute. We know from the Fargo police logs that a tow truck was called out at 2:19am. If the truck returned and found someone trying to get into a car, if that's what happened, what might have played out from there? It's also interestng to note the train tracks are SW of the party house and the train left the Amtrak station, going westbound, at 3:30am----in the same time frame as when TB left the party house. I can't make anything of that yet but maybe someone else can come up with something.

This was not his interpretation of the dog's actions, it was explained by the dog handler.

He was told that losing the scent might be the result of any number of things. When I asked if the information about the radio broadcast having this information and if this information was correct he said, "Yes".

You are welcome.

IBsleuthin <----------does what it says, says what it does.

Grace & humility is not a character many possess.

<modsnip>

IBS: Can you please share with me the reporters telephone number? I have a number of questions about his report. I can't find a telephone number online. Did you just call KFGO? I would like to find out exactly how far "a short while" is as it is not very specific. Curious minds like to know.

Thank you so much in advance.

There's nothing really to elaborate on. He went missing near one city tow lot and was found near another city tow lot. I find that strange. It's not like he went missing near a McDonald's or Subway, where's there's one every few blocks, and was found near a McDonald's or Subway. There's only one City tow lot in Fargo and one City tow lot in Moorhead. I think the odds speak for themselves.

The Moorhead Police have their own tow lot next to the police department in Moorhead. I know because I've had to get a vehicle from there once a few years ago.

The vehicle Tom was driving was not his own, and his DUI involved campus police. Very likely that the car was not towed. If it were, very unlikely that the car would still be impounded over one week later.

<modsnip>

IBS: Can you please share with me the reporters telephone number? I have a number of questions about his report. I can't find a telephone number online. Did you just call KFGO? I would like to find out exactly how far "a short while" is as it is not very specific. Curious minds like to know.

I was wondering the same thing. If the dogs did pick up a scent trail I would be very interested in knowing where the trail began and where exactly it ended. Did the origin of the trail begin "inside" the home or "outside" the home?

It is possible that a dog could have caught the scent of Tom not necessarily walking anywhere at all (to or from) the area.

The vehicle Tom was driving was not his own, and his DUI involved campus police. Very likely that the car was not towed. If it were, very unlikely that the car would still be impounded over one week later.

Where did you find this information? Please link to it.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

Where did you find this information? Please link to it.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2
Tom required a ride home to Sartell. He was not alone at the time of his DUI. No record exists regarding his DUI in Fargo Dispatch logs for the date/time that MSM reported the event. Location of his DUI was in close proximity to campus.

<modsnip>

You can find the phone number online. You just have to Google ' KFGO radio phone number'. It took me 5 seconds to find it.

The Moorhead Police have their own tow lot next to the police department in Moorhead. I know because I've had to get a vehicle from there once a few years ago.

Perhaps this was many years ago, or they have more than one impound lot. Either way, http://www.usacops.com/mn/p56560/index.html shows the Moorhead Police Department at this address;

Moorhead Police Department

Chief of Police
David Ebinger

915 9th Ave N
Moorhead, Minnesota 56560

(218)299-5141

If you call and speak to them on their non emergency line, they do not list that address as where one of their impound lots is currently located.

Either way, this service is contracted out, the company which is contracted for this service can be found in the Moorhead, MN city council minutes which is public knowledge and found online.

Impound lot and City towing services can mean two separate places, two separate things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfcortez8