ND ND - Thomas 'Tom' Bearson, 19, Fargo, 20 Sep 2014 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I watched the same video again this time on my computer and made it full screen. I also found this one
http://kfgo.com/blogs/out-loud/939/watch-suveillance-videos-released-in-thomas-bearson-murder-case/
and it appears the exact same.
OK... so after viewing them on the "big" screen at about the same time I said it appeared choppy... 22 seconds or so... it looks like there is in other vehicle that appeared from some bushes or whatever. Am I seeing things or what?

I see what you mean at the 22 second mark----the video kind of jumps or flickers---as if that's when it was edited. But the car is still in view at that point so what was edited out? (Assuming it was edited at that point)

Watch the cloud changes with the choppiness in the video, yeah, definite editing occurred at least twice, clouds do not change that much within seconds.

You are right about the clouds. I see edits at 22 seconds and again at around 40. I still see another car. At 40 seconds you can see a car driving away towards the top part of the screen and looks like it turned left. Then at around 45 a car appears from behind what looks like a dumpster.

Just looked at KFGO version and I noticed that the first surveillance video is 22 seconds long exactly. The second video is obviously a lot longer than that, but the lighting change/flash occurs at exactly 22 seconds. This could be a coincidence, but to me it makes sense that maybe this just has something to do with the video capturing technology saving the video in 22 second clips and then splicing together (and webcams have random lighting changes like that all the time at least mine does). Or maybe police were originally saving the video in 22 second increments? Could just be a coincidence I guess and maybe there really was more editing I don't know for sure just my opinion. Maybe every time the webcam detects motion it's set to take a 22 second video, and that has something to do with it?

Reasons for the car circling in the video:

- Returning in daylight to see how well you can see the body from various vantage points

-Returning in daylight to see how well you can see the body, circling just to keep moving while trying to get a good luck, because if stopped moving more likely for a camera to see inside vehicle and obviously wouldn't want to risk getting OUT of the vehicle

-Driving over what they believe may be footprint evidence?

-Circling to try to see (keeping moving due to camera fear) if anything was left behind they didn't want, maybe can't remember if something was because they threw away all of the other evidence much earlier and didn't look carefully at what they threw away and have no way to get those items back to check?

Reasons for the car circling in the video:

- Returning in daylight to see how well you can see the body from various vantage points

-Returning in daylight to see how well you can see the body, circling just to keep moving while trying to get a good luck, because if stopped moving more likely for a camera to see inside vehicle and obviously wouldn't want to risk getting OUT of the vehicle

-Driving over what they believe may be footprint evidence?

-Circling to try to see (keeping moving due to camera fear) if anything was left behind they didn't want, maybe can't remember if something was because they threw away all of the other evidence much earlier and didn't look carefully at what they threw away and have no way to get those items back to check?

Does anyone know what time it was reported that he was missing? Was it that Saturday evening? What I'm getting at is that the killer may have heard/seen the news report that TB was missing and went to check on the body to see if the police had found him yet. Or they panicked after seeing/hearing the news and went there to drop the body. Just a thought. Doesn't help figure out much more about the car, but the timing would make more sense.

Does anyone know what time it was reported that he was missing? Was it that Saturday evening? What I'm getting at is that the killer may have heard/seen the news report that TB was missing and went to check on the body to see if the police had found him yet. Or they panicked after seeing/hearing the news and went there to drop the body. Just a thought. Doesn't help figure out much more about the car, but the timing would make more sense.

From an early link:

"Bearson, a standout basketball player at Sartell-St. Stephen High School, where he graduated last spring, was reported missing by his family at about 5:30 p.m. Saturday after he failed to catch a ride from Fargo to see his family in Sartell."

ETA: But then there's this: Bearson's disappearance was first publicly reported by NDSU on Sunday night.

https://goo.gl/maps/VVmg7

I am confused! The camera is northeast of the RV lot. http://www.wday.com/news/3674953-po...-camera-near-location-where-bearson-was-found

The video was taken at 7:35 PM, so the sun is setting. You see the sun on the left, so the camera is pointed north. The car turns north, away from the RV lot, so they can't see the body from there I would think.

Were they looking for a place to leave his body? The right turn they made at the end on to I94/Hwy52 is in the direction of the RV lot.

Could this be where he was actually killed? Were they checking to see if there was anything left there that could lead to them?

From an early link:

"Bearson, a standout basketball player at Sartell-St. Stephen High School, where he graduated last spring, was reported missing by his family at about 5:30 p.m. Saturday after he failed to catch a ride from Fargo to see his family in Sartell."

ETA: But then there's this: Bearson's disappearance was first publicly reported by NDSU on Sunday night.

Just thinking out loud here...If he was reported missing at 5:30pm on Saturday his family (and probably police as well) likely would have been getting the word out to all of his friends in the area to see if they knew his whereabouts. If someone who knew him had been involved in his murder they could have heard that he was reported missing through the grapevine by 7:30pm and gone to either check on his body or dumped it. Not necessarily saying that is the case, but the timeline works. Honestly the main thing I would like to know at this point is who the police interviewed that led them to the RV place and what exactly they said. I mean, someone who knew his body was there would have to have a pretty good idea of how it got there. And it is too random of a place for someone to just suggest they look there out of the blue.

East2West I think you may be correct. Maybe it's a Saturn Ion?IMG_3280.JPG

I have watched this video over and over. I am still convinced there are 2 vehicles and some of the editing was done to cut one of them out. If you look very closely at 20-22 seconds, there are what I believe to be 2 cars emerging and end up parked side by side. At around 23 seconds they kinda morph together and it looks like there is only one. And I think that is where some of the editing was done. But for those 2 seconds, I see two of them. Please tell me I'm not crazy. Or if you do, what would be the explanation for this.
Then at 40 seconds, the car appears to be leaving but at 42 seconds it reappears by the light pole or whatever that is. Then if you look very closely again at 46-48 seconds, there is something strange and blackness towards the back of the car. Or maybe this is just terrible editing again.
There could very well have been 2 vehicles in this case and one of them that we aren't supposed to see is the one that led or gave tips to this very random location.
At this point, nothing would surprise me.

I have watched this video over and over. I am still convinced there are 2 vehicles and some of the editing was done to cut one of them out. If you look very closely at 20-22 seconds, there are what I believe to be 2 cars emerging and end up parked side by side. At around 23 seconds they kinda morph together and it looks like there is only one. And I think that is where some of the editing was done. But for those 2 seconds, I see two of them. Please tell me I'm not crazy. Or if you do, what would be the explanation for this.
Then at 40 seconds, the car appears to be leaving but at 42 seconds it reappears by the light pole or whatever that is. Then if you look very closely again at 46-48 seconds, there is something strange and blackness towards the back of the car. Or maybe this is just terrible editing again.
There could very well have been 2 vehicles in this case and one of them that we aren't supposed to see is the one that led or gave tips to this very random location.
At this point, nothing would surprise me.

I think it's more a matter of how the camera captures video. At one point, a car is there and then it just disappears. I attributed that to "ghosting" for lack of a better word, or maybe quick editing.
If the camera is motion sensing, it would only capture if it senses movement (a car moving). If the car is stopped, and then moves, the video might overlap the last captured frame or frames before it picks up the movement as the car starts to move again. I'm not convinced there were two vehicles, since the camera pointed at the road would have or should have captured them both. JMO.

Okay so something just occurred to me and it hinges on a few assumptions so if someone can point out a flaw in my thought process it would be appreciated.

First and most important: Someone stated that the video was shot at 7:35 p.m. Is this a fact? The time stamp is too small for me to make out. Did LE specifically state that this occurred at 7:35 or is this according to the time stamp and it could have been military time in the morning? I only point this out because 7:35 p.m. is an odd time to do something secretive and hope no one is witness to it.

Second: Presumably, this is the car the dropped off the body and it took place during the portion of the video that we can't see. Personally, I find it hard to believe that they would show up afterward and check on what they had done. Aside from cutting their headlights I would think that if the drop off occurred at a different time that the camera would have been able to capture a car at a different time.

So assuming those two things, that this occurred during daylight in the evening and this was the actual drop off. Who could possibly know that there wouldn't be any witnesses? Someone who worked in the area and knew no one would be around.

When I was an NDSU student, I worked a factory job in the same area and at the time would have known what areas are private at certain times of the day and week. If I was LE I'd be looking at all the employees who work in the area, check to see what cars were registered to those individuals, and see if a mid-decade Saturn Ion showed up. Thoughts?

Does it seem really odd to anyone else that it has taken 5 months to release this video of the car?

:wagon:

They claim they did not release this video earlier because they thought they would be able to identify the vehicle on their own but have not been able to do so. One would think it wouldn't take them 5 months to realize that.

Welcome to WS, Seeker 54321 !

:welcome4:

Okay so something just occurred to me and it hinges on a few assumptions so if someone can point out a flaw in my thought process it would be appreciated.

First and most important: Someone stated that the video was shot at 7:35 p.m. Is this a fact? The time stamp is too small for me to make out. Did LE specifically state that this occurred at 7:35 or is this according to the time stamp and it could have been military time in the morning? I only point this out because 7:35 p.m. is an odd time to do something secretive and hope no one is witness to it.

Second: Presumably, this is the car the dropped off the body and it took place during the portion of the video that we can't see. Personally, I find it hard to believe that they would show up afterward and check on what they had done. Aside from cutting their headlights I would think that if the drop off occurred at a different time that the camera would have been able to capture a car at a different time.

So assuming those two things, that this occurred during daylight in the evening and this was the actual drop off. Who could possibly know that there wouldn't be any witnesses? Someone who worked in the area and knew no one would be around.

When I was an NDSU student, I worked a factory job in the same area and at the time would have known what areas are private at certain times of the day and week. If I was LE I'd be looking at all the employees who work in the area, check to see what cars were registered to those individuals, and see if a mid-decade Saturn Ion showed up. Thoughts?

Here's the map Tracie posted on the previous page: https://goo.gl/maps/VVmg7

So if the lot they were driving around in is at 2225 Interstate 94 and he was dropped off at the 24th Ave. So location, which is the RV site, I don't think the body was dropped off during the portion of the video we can't see. Am I missing something?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jessica1
Back