ND ND - Thomas 'Tom' Bearson, 19, Fargo, 20 Sep 2014 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I didn't hear them list ANY agencies. They just stated flat out he was not working as a Confidential Informant. Do you have a link to where they listed agencies? TIA

No Rocco - I paid attention....and made notes during the conference - it was specifically stated that "to the best of their knowledge", all agencies involved, confirmed that TB was not working as an informant.

SMECA is not one of the agencies that he listed.
Trying to find the full news brief - betting it doesn't show up.

No Rocco - I paid attention....and made notes during the conference - it was specifically stated that "to the best of their knowledge", all agencies involved, confirmed that TB was not working as an informant.

Ahhh--OK---I understand what you're saying now. But SEMCA doesn't operate in Cass County, which Fargo is located in, nor does it operate in Clay County, which Moorhead is located in. SEMCA – covers North Dakota’s Richland, Random and Sargent counties and Minnesota’s Wilkin County

Andrew Sadek wasn't working as an informant at the time of HIS death either, he hadn't completed the other buys so that's why they had put the warrant out for his arrest again. Could Bearson have been working as an informant BEFORE his death, like, say, in September particularly? I really doubt this is related at all or that he was ever an informant, but it really confuses the issue because I would like to hear them clearly state he was NEVER working as an informant to their knowledge, not just not at the time of his death.

To the point about 90s TV crime shows, not sure if that applies in this case. You have to have a certain amount of visual data to work with to be able to zoom in and capture a make and model, or even a license plate. Most of the computer programs you ever see on TV are just that, made for TV. There is definitely technology to decode unclear out of focus images, but they can only do so much. It would be like asking someone to read the license plate on a car from 500 feet with no binoculars.

To the point about 90s TV crime shows, not sure if that applies in this case. You have to have a certain amount of visual data to work with to be able to zoom in and capture a make and model, or even a license plate. Most of the computer programs you ever see on TV are just that, made for TV. There is definitely technology to decode unclear out of focus images, but they can only do so much. It would be like asking someone to read the license plate on a car from 500 feet with no binoculars.

I agree with you about the limitations of the video technology and ability to zoom. The program I'm alluding to did not rely on zooming etc. it had a database of sort of cartoon-like drawings of all of the different possible combinations of cars that ever existed, and I believe it went through some kind of highlighting of each section of the car (like, trace the window with your mouse type thing) and then tried to match up each piece to the cartoon piece in the program until it identified the exact vehicle. In any case, there are engineers working at the car companies who have spent weeks of their lives designing that exact vehicle. They are going to know the exact year, make, and model when they see it. In my opinion that is a very good picture of that car, and if it were the same make, model, and year as my car, I would easily identify it, and also be able to identify if it was only one year off (because I happened to have also owned the exact car a year older than that one previously). So, it just seems to me that it shouldn't be that hard, and I'm not sure if police really for whatever reason HAVE had that much trouble identifying the make, model, and year, or they are just purposely not telling us that?

I see your point, but I saw in the 90s on forensic files that they could, using very fuzzy grainy images of vehicles, find out the make model and year of a vehicle. I saw at least one episode where they used a very grainy picture of a vehicle, and used some computer program to figure out the make, model, and year. If they had the year, make, and model, they could look at all of ND and MN people who had that vehicle registered, and if they didn't know purple or black they could do both colors. You would think the car manufacturers too would be able to look at it and tell someone what kind of vehicle it is. I am thinking this way too because my parents are really into cars, and they can look at cars older that are 15 years old (not so much new vehicles) and say "oh thats' a 2003 X" It seems to me that picture is good enough for someone to be able to figure out the exact make, model and year.

I definitely agree with you there. I'm somewhat of a car guy (not an expert, but I know cars pretty well) and I think I could put it down to two or three models and within a few years of when the car was made based on the video. I can't tell the color for certain, but knowing the make/model/year would help a ton. So I would think they could bring in an actual car expert to figure that out better than I can. You make a very good point about an expert who could identify it that I hadn't thought about before. Just wanted to point out that it is a very tedious process even if they can narrow down the make/model.

I definitely agree with you there. I'm somewhat of a car guy (not an expert, but I know cars pretty well) and I think I could put it down to two or three models and within a few years of when the car was made based on the video. I can't tell the color for certain, but knowing the make/model/year would help a ton. So I would think they could bring in an actual car expert to figure that out better than I can. You make a very good point about an expert who could identify it that I hadn't thought about before. Just wanted to point out that it is a very tedious process even if they can narrow down the make/model.

You make a good point that it is all going to be very tedious anyway. I've been pretty flippant this evening about the police not doing everything fast too lol. I guess I am just getting frustrated and I am less likely at this time than I might have been before to give them the benefit of the doubt. Since the police aren't telling me the make, model, and year, and I don't really see a good excuse why they wouldn't know the vehicle at least down to within a year or two....I guess it's just been so long now I am more likely to think things like, really, please tell me you seriously know what the vehicle is and you seriously aren't that lost, and you're just not telling us lol. Maybe I should give them more benefit of the doubt for having already consulted with car company etc. and having a good reason to not tell us more information about the vehicle, so I will try :p I have always had a lot of faith in the police here, and they seem like a really well run operation. It's just frustrating I guess to us in the public not knowing anything about their investigation and it just going on so long, getting more and more impatient.

2008purpleelantra.jpgcarimage.jpg Doesn't it just look like a dead ringer for a purple 2008 Hyundai Elantra? I honestly have no idea what I'm talking about with this though, but can't help myself lol. EDIT: Could they use a program to get the EXACT color number that the car is, and then find out from the car companies what vehicles used that exact color? Like you know on paint, each color on the pallete has a number or something...

When I watched the video with the car in the RV lot it looked to be circling around several times.Could this be some type of security patrol car? if this person in that car had anything to do with this,why would they keep circling around ?

When I watched the video with the car in the RV lot it looked to be circling around several times.Could this be some type of security patrol car? if this person in that car had anything to do with this,why would they keep circling around ?

If it was a few hours after they had dumped a body there, then maybe they wanted to go back to see if they had left something at the scene or not they were worried about, but realized it might not be wise to get out of the vehicle, or stop for any extended length of time in case there were cameras around? So just kept circling? Or just wanted to look to see if the body was still there? That was all I could come up with?

If it was a few hours after they had dumped a body there, then maybe they wanted to go back to see if they had left something at the scene or not they were worried about, but realized it might not be wise to get out of the vehicle, or stop for any extended length of time in case there were cameras around? So just kept circling? Or just wanted to look to see if the body was still there? That was all I could come up with?

So where was his body found in relation to where the car was driving around? If IB were here, I'm sure she'd post one of her maps and label this for us but as you know, she's lounging under a palm tree and sipping Pina Coladas right now.

View attachment 69061View attachment 69062 Doesn't it just look like a dead ringer for a purple 2008 Hyundai Elantra? I honestly have no idea what I'm talking about with this though, but can't help myself lol. EDIT: Could they use a program to get the EXACT color number that the car is, and then find out from the car companies what vehicles used that exact color? Like you know on paint, each color on the pallete has a number or something...

I'm impressed you found one so quickly, but I'm not sold. Take a look at this and you can see the 360 view. The brake light on the car in question looks vertical, the trunk is less rounded, and I can't tell if it's the fence or not but the indentation looks different on the side.

I'm sure LE would have scoured traffic cams and it's possible they drove through neighborhoods after, but how is it that no traffic cams caught a glimpse of this thing leaving the scene?

Edit: Just started looking around a bit, but what about a mid-decade Saturn Ion? If you look at the view over the trailer of the car it appears to have a bumper that sticks out.

I have been wondering also why they waited so long to let the public see and try to figure out this mystery car. Perhaps they wanted to make sure they had all the information they needed to bring forth a murder charge. Example: what if they located the driver of the car but didn't even have an exact cause of death or much else to go on? what would they question them about if they didn't know anything themselves? I definitely have faith this will be solved. If they have this important bit of information, I'm confident they have more. I'm sure someone right now is a little scared because they recognize that car.

I have been wondering also why they waited so long to let the public see and try to figure out this mystery car. Perhaps they wanted to make sure they had all the information they needed to bring forth a murder charge. Example: what if they located the driver of the car but didn't even have an exact cause of death or much else to go on? what would they question them about if they didn't know anything themselves? I definitely have faith this will be solved. If they have this important bit of information, I'm confident they have more. I'm sure someone right now is a little scared because they recognize that car.

I think you just answered your own question, because the driver would get scared. My best bet is that LE was concerned that if they published the footage too early, the owner would get out of town as fast as they could.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahburhouse
Back