ND ND - Thomas 'Tom' Bearson, 19, Fargo, 20 Sep 2014 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm curious where the talk awhile ago about Tommy having gravel on him came from.

Sorry... I think I answered my own question from reading back through some things.

Was there snow on the ground Sept.23, 2014 or did the media take those photos for the recent piece they just ran? I believe LE may have cut the fence in order to get vehicles and investigators close to Tommy's remains.

JMO's

I realize there wasn't snow on the ground on September 23, 2014; I have lived in the Midwest for 50+ years and am well aware that would be unlikely. However, none of us know what the area looked like where he was found, when he was found, versus what it looks like now. For example, that piece of fence may have been laying the same way it is now as it was in September. And IF there were tire tracks in September when he was found, they could very well be covered with snow now. So yeah, who knows. JMO

I really wonder how much information will be given out today at the press conference since they have been saying the final results may not even be shared. If that is the case, what would they talk about? Hopefully they have information now that ties everything together and an arrest(s) will be made soon!!!!! I sure hope some people are getting a little nervous. And I highly doubt only one person is involved. MOO.

Here we go! I sure hope this Press Conference holds some answers!!!

I would not get my hopes up. It probably will not clarify much,I would guess they may not even release the results in fear it will hurt the investigation then go on to say the case is still active and they are pursuing leads but currently have no motive or suspect.

Listening to broadcast now:
TB did not die of drug overdose or alcohol poisoning and was not working as a confidential informant, but they will not release details of autopsy.
On Saturday evening, a surveillance camera 7:40pm at address of 2225 hwy 52 south, a dark colored 4 dr passenger car, stayed 1-2 minutes in parking lot before leaving. Looking for anyone with information about this car, and this car has a brake light out.

From presser:

TB was not a CI
He did not die of drugs or alcohol
4 door car seen on suriveillance video nearby---will release video

Want to dispell rumor of mutilation

FBI brought in to do a suspect profile

Aside from the surveillance information, this didn't seem to break much new ground. :(

Listening to broadcast now:
On Saturday evening, a surveillance camera 7:40pm at address of 2225 hwy 52 south, a dark colored 4 dr passenger car, stayed 1-2 minutes in parking lot before leaving. Looking for anyone with information about this car, and this car has a brake light out.

I'm don't know how to snapshot an aerial but the address 2225 Hwy 52 shares the north lot border w/the RV lot and the lot runs east/west w/the only entrance coming off of Main Street. Appears to be a transport facility/large tanker trucks.

I'm don't know how to snapshot an aerial but the address 2225 Hwy 52 shares the north lot border w/the RV lot and the lot runs east/west w/the only entrance coming off of Main Street. Appears to be a transport facility/large tanker trucks.

Google Maps does not understand this address and gives an approximate location off to the south. However, I believe this is about the area you are referencing:

https://www.google.com/maps?q=2225+...25+Hwy+52,+Moorhead,+Minnesota+56560&t=h&z=18

Another clip of the car apparently leaving:

http://www.inforum.com/news/crime/3...eillance-camera-scene-where-bearson-was-found

At glance, this was the most similar model that came to mind:

2006_ford_taurus_4dr_sdn_se_maroon_tilt_wheel_97245941430101734.jpg

This seems weird. Why couldn't they release this footage months ago? It was ok to tell us to look for the phone, shoes, and the guy that was seen checking out the RV place, but not this car?

This seems weird. Why couldn't they release this footage months ago? It was ok to tell us to look for the phone, shoes, and the guy that was seen checking out the RV place, but not this car?

They said they thought they would have found the car sooner. I fail to see why that's a motive to conceal it until now, however.

They said they thought they would have found the car sooner. I fail to see why that's a motive to conceal it until now, however.

I think there is a very plausible explanation as to why law enforcement would conceal a vehicle that may have been at the scene. It actually relates to what I personally think is the most likely scenario given what we do and don't know about this case.

I think that TB was hit by a vehicle, the occupant(s) of that vehicle panicked, and put him in the car. I don't claim that this is exactly the case, but it seems that with the information we have and the timing of release of certain information, this could be more likely than not.

For example:

1. The news has reported that when TB was initially found, investigators were unable to immediately determine a cause of death. It was not obvious what had killed him right away. If TB were hit by a vehicle, it may not necessarily result in obvious injuries to the outside of the body. Internal bleeding or a broken neck are not usually visible to the naked eye, but would be immediately apparent during an autopsy - and are injuries that would be consistent with homicidal violence. This could also explain a panic from the parties involved - if TB had internal bleeding but seemed otherwise okay, and then he suddenly took a turn for the worse - I could see a "dump" happening.

2. In the same respect, not releasing detailed information from the autopsy could be because of the nature of those injuries - it could indicate to a potential perpetrator that the police are looking for a vehicle - or maybe even the autopsy indicates that glass or paint fragments were found embedded in TB's skin. There is plenty of reason to want to withhold that type of information, even if it is frustrating to the public. And I am pretty sure that TB's family would be told the content of the autopsy.

3. Releasing the information about the vehicle now means they have more than likely been looking for this vehicle the whole time. Maybe they were hoping some evidence found on TB's body (if any, we don't know what, if anything, was found) could link a make or model. And it also gives the perpetrators the illusion they aren't being sought - what is the first thing you would do if your vehicle had been used in a crime? Dump it, sell it, get rid of it. Not releasing that information bought law enforcement a little time to try to identify the vehicle on their own.

4. The timing of the "dump." The car was seen at 7:35 pm. This would be over 12 hours from when TB was last seen, from my understanding. If he seemed okay, and then suddenly wasn't, that could explain the timing discrepancy.

Of course, I have no idea if any of this is true, and I don't have any info or knowledge to back it up other than the analysis posted above. I do know that car accidents don't necessarily leave "evidence" (like broken glass) all the time, but you would think that if there was an impact hard enough to break a neck or cause internal bleeding there would be some evidence of a crash. It is just an idea, and my own opinion. *shrug*

:gaah: Soooo have they been just waiting for that vehicle to show up on college campus, or a college sports game??? Heck it could anywhere by now, even down a ravine, or taken to a shredder, or if any damage was there, could have been repaired ANYWHERE!!! Was this the vehicle he was driving when he got the DUI? I don't think we ever found out who owned that vehicle.

BUT, we do know that Thomas was NOT intoxicated by alcohol nor drugs! Perhaps someone at the party thought he was a 'snitch' because we wasn't doing what the other party goers were doing?? Maybe thought they would rough him up to see if he would admit, and when he didn't, the beating had become severe enough to cause fatal injuries???

All just speculation.... I just want whoever killed this young man arrested, and sentenced ASAP!!

Where they able to locate his phone?
What about phone records?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member