ND ND - Thomas 'Tom' Bearson, 19, Fargo, 20 Sep 2014 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Please do not sleuth persons who are not named suspects. Thanks, Lambchop

Alcohol is the worst drug of all. And pregnant woman using alcohol gives the child the gift that keeps on giving

Look guys, could we please stop with all this debate about alcohol vs drugs etc.? We all have our opinions on it, and they are probably all a little bit different. Debating them here isn't going to change anyone's mind, or help solve Tom's case. I realize there hasn't been anything new released so it is easy to get sidetracked, but if you feel like debating that stuff then go comment on some news articles or in a different forum. The "which is worse: alcohol or drugs?" debate has absolutely nothing to do with Thomas Bearson so there is no reason to bring it up here.

Look guys, could we please stop with all this debate about alcohol vs drugs etc.? We all have our opinions on it, and they are probably all a little bit different. Debating them here isn't going to change anyone's mind, or help solve Tom's case. I realize there hasn't been anything new released so it is easy to get sidetracked, but if you feel like debating that stuff then go comment on some news articles or in a different forum. The "which is worse: alcohol or drugs?" debate has absolutely nothing to do with Thomas Bearson so there is no reason to bring it up here.
Fair request by all means, debate that is...
With ALMOST NOTHING released in this case, it has led to sidetracking
Haven't heard from you in quite awhile bizzle2
Can you offer something to discuss on this thread so that it does not go completely quiet?
IMO, I do think that either alcohol or drugs or both or the belief that Tom was a snitch, could likely factor in this case.
I was just viewing WS threads today of two other young men, one has a total of 3 pages, the other 8 pages. Sadly, both of them died much earlier than Tom. Much more information is known in those cases, and that has largely been due to family pressure, which is continuing, and I guess it gives me the impression that they aren't trying to be forgotten other than on here, regardless of any possible involvement with alcohol or drugs.

Fair request by all means, debate that is...
With ALMOST NOTHING released in this case, it has led to sidetracking
Haven't heard from you in quite awhile bizzle2
Can you offer something to discuss on this thread so that it does not go completely quiet?
IMO, I do think that either alcohol or drugs or both or the belief that Tom was a snitch, could likely factor in this case.
I was just viewing WS threads today of two other young men, one has a total of 3 pages, the other 8 pages. Sadly, both of them died much earlier than Tom. Much more information is known in those cases, and that has largely been due to family pressure, which is continuing, and I guess it gives me the impression that they aren't trying to be forgotten other than on here, regardless of any possible involvement with alcohol or drugs.

I have no new thoughts to offer, but I would agree it is important to keep the conversation going. In the spirit of that I will offer my thoughts, though I don't think any of these are different than what I have said before.

1. I think drugs or alcohol were involved in some way. (That time of the night on a weekend in a college town...) That could mean many things...drug buy gone bad, drunk person picked a fight with him, and many other scenarios. I don't want that to come off as me saying it is TB's fault in any way. Even if he was drunk or making a drug buy that still obviously doesn't give anyone the right to murder him, and it's not meant to say that there is anything wrong with his character -- millions of college students use those substances every year and most of them turn out just fine.

2. I still think a car hitting him is a possibility. Not the most likely possibility, but something that can't be ruled out.

3. I don't think this was a random attack, and I think that at least one of his friends knows a lot more about this than has been released to the public and maybe more than they are telling police.

4. It wouldn't suprise me if the story of him leaving the house at 3:40am is either inaccurate or a lie. I also think that the tweet about being lost could be very significant in what happened to him.

5. I don't know what to make of the surveillance video released by police. There could be a strategy behind releasing it, or maybe they actually just wanted to identify the car. I'm leaning toward the former, but I really don't know.

6. My three most likely scenarios are 1) drug buy gone bad, 2) fight at a party, and 3) hit by a car.

None of this gets us anywhere new, but I would like to keep the conversation going so there is my two cents.

I have no new thoughts to offer, but I would agree it is important to keep the conversation going. In the spirit of that I will offer my thoughts, though I don't think any of these are different than what I have said before.

1. I think drugs or alcohol were involved in some way. (That time of the night on a weekend in a college town...) That could mean many things...drug buy gone bad, drunk person picked a fight with him, and many other scenarios. I don't want that to come off as me saying it is TB's fault in any way. Even if he was drunk or making a drug buy that still obviously doesn't give anyone the right to murder him, and it's not meant to say that there is anything wrong with his character -- millions of college students use those substances every year and most of them turn out just fine.

2. I still think a car hitting him is a possibility. Not the most likely possibility, but something that can't be ruled out.

3. I don't think this was a random attack, and I think that at least one of his friends knows a lot more about this than has been released to the public and maybe more than they are telling police.

4. It wouldn't suprise me if the story of him leaving the house at 3:40am is either inaccurate or a lie. I also think that the tweet about being lost could be very significant in what happened to him.

5. I don't know what to make of the surveillance video released by police. There could be a strategy behind releasing it, or maybe they actually just wanted to identify the car. I'm leaning toward the former, but I really don't know.

6. My three most likely scenarios are 1) drug buy gone bad, 2) fight at a party, and 3) hit by a car.

None of this gets us anywhere new, but I would like to keep the conversation going so there is my two cents.
Interestingly, my thoughts mirror yours in several aspects

1. I think alcohol or drugs or both were involved in some way. Whether it be that the belief existed that Tom was going to or already had "snitched" regarding alcohol and/or drugs, drug buy or sale gone bad, or drunk and/or high fight gone bad, or a mixture. I am in complete agreement that this is not meant as a character assassination, simply because I personally am not judgmental and I try my best to not apply stereotypes to others.

2. I think that events surrounding his DUI/MIP exactly one weekend earlier is related to the weekend of his murder.

3. I think that several types of injuries could have been inflicted in this process either during his death and/or post mortem during the attempt to cover/hide.

4. I don't think this was random either, and I believe that his cell phone inactivity is indicative of the time of his death very early on 9-20-14.

5. I think his body was placed at the RV lot in an attempt to confuse or portray the scenario/possibilities of involvement of other(s).

6. I think that the video was released with a purpose that is currently unknown/unreleased, but I do not believe it was found to have no bearing at all.

:twocents:

None of this gets us anywhere new, but I would like to keep the conversation going so there is my two cents.[/QUOTE]

Since i inadvertently started the drug debate, I agree completely to drop it.
1. I agree with you, i continue to think that he was buying and something went wrong, maybe cause they thought he was a snitch. I would be shocked if it related to buying booze. I'm in college and have never heard of a snitch type deal with buying booze other than cops getting kids to go in and see if places sell to underaged kids. I wouldnt discount the whole fight deal over maybe a girl or something else, but lean towards the buy instead.
2. The car could be possible, but you would think that the autopsy would have shown if this was the case, but we dont know much from that.
3. I think friends know way more than they are saying. They are covering since they are probably doing the same kinda things
4. I have always thought the whole 3:40 thing was made up. Who knows the exact time if you are partying at 3:40. I know that I am always clueless to time late at night. He may have never been back at the house.
5. I think someone dumped him at the RV place, but have no idea why the police released the video when they did. This whole thing doesn't sound like amazing police work in action, but who knows they may have a master plan that we dont know.

No matter how old I get, (and I'm very old) I just can't get over how much I don't know.

I truly did not know that the police used such underhanded tactics. They get them with a felony and then leverage it so they eagerly become informants. Somehow there is a fine line there and it's being straddled.

Thank you for your first statement.
People assume that they are the "smartest guy in the room" but we all come from a variety of life experiences & educational backgrounds that can lead to interesting discourse.

It's something all of us should try to remember when replying to people in general.

Just my 2....

Moo

1. I agree with you, i continue to think that he was buying and something went wrong, maybe cause they thought he was a snitch. I would be shocked if it related to buying booze. I'm in college and have never heard of a snitch type deal with buying booze other than cops getting kids to go in and see if places sell to underage kids. I wouldnt discount the whole fight deal over maybe a girl or something else, but lean towards the buy instead.
2. The car could be possible, but you would think that the autopsy would have shown if this was the case, but we dont know much from that.
3. I think friends know way more than they are saying. They are covering since they are probably doing the same kinda things
4. I have always thought the whole 3:40 thing was made up. Who knows the exact time if you are partying at 3:40. I know that I am always clueless to time late at night. He may have never been back at the house.
5. I think someone dumped him at the RV place, but have no idea why the police released the video when they did. This whole thing doesn't sound like amazing police work in action, but who knows they may have a master plan that we dont know.
As you mentioned that you are in college, I am curious, has it been your experience that minors at college obtaining booze is only through either another person, bar, liquor store or at a party with friends? I would imagine that each under-aged college student that wishes to obtain alcohol, has their own unique experiences.

1. I agree with you, i continue to think that he was buying and something went wrong, maybe cause they thought he was a snitch. I would be shocked if it related to buying booze. I'm in college and have never heard of a snitch type deal with buying booze other than cops getting kids to go in and see if places sell to underaged kids. I wouldnt discount the whole fight deal over maybe a girl or something else, but lean towards the buy instead.
By the way minnyhockey, I loved this! :clap:

I recall that during the presser it was announced that Tom was not a Confidential Informant for any law enforcement.

There are individuals and groups in this world that view "snitches" just as harmful to their livelihood as an official CI. This may not always involve just drugs or outwardly appearing thugs. Some people can appear to be very upstanding citizens, and high achievers, especially with affluence on their side, when in all actuality flaws in ethics and morals exist. These people can be very deceiving in appearance.

I am not implying that with any definite certainty that a situation of this nature influenced Tom's murder. However, I do believe that some potential was present in his situations and surroundings. It would not even have needed to be Tom himself who did the "snitching", but if the individuals viewed him as the reason it occurred, and/or caused him to appear as a threat to their circle.
Revisit food for thought. Sometimes the guilty can be the most unlikely in appearances. And...sometimes it can be exactly who you thought.

Revisit food for thought. Sometimes the guilty can be the most unlikely in appearances. And...sometimes it can be exactly who you thought.

I have brought that up on here as well. Before it was confirmed that he was not a CI, I said that I could realistically see his murder being the result of a situation where someone thought he was a CI much easier than I could see a situation where he was actually a CI.

Here is a theory I have that explains pretty much everything. Many assumptions made by my with this one, but with no new info why not throw out a workable theory right? So here it is...

Tom needs to make some money so that he can pay off the fine from his DUI the previous weekend. Someone at the trap house is a drug dealer who needs to pick up a large quantity of drugs from their supplier. This supplier is pretty high up in the drug business (possibly gang-affiliated) and the dealer from the trap house has grown scared of the supplier based on their previous dealings. But the dealer also really needs to get these drugs so he can make some money selling them. Knowing that Tom needs money, the dealer offers Tom $200 (or whatever large amount, doesn't really matter) to go and complete the buy from the supplier. The Jake who sent out the tweet from Tom's account goes with Tom to make the drug purchase. The deal is set to go down at the RV place. Tom and Jake meet the supplier there around 1am and things go poorly. The supplier is spooked because he has never met Tom. He beats Tom to death and leaves town. Jake is there for the whole thing and manages to escape. However when he escapes he loses his phone, and ends up with Tom's phone in the ensuing struggle. He uses Tom's phone to tweet that he needs help. The guys (including the dealer) who live at the trap house agree that they have to keep their mouths shut or the dealer will get in a lot of trouble because the deal involved a large quantity of drugs. Not to mention they are very scared because they have seen that this supplier will kill if he feels threatened. They make up the story about Tom leaving the trap house at 3:40am hoping that it will suffice as an explanation that they are not involved.

It's not my only theory, and there definitely isn't enough evidence to confirm it. But if you asked me to tell the story of what I think happened then that is what I would go with at this point. Again, just trying to keep the conversation going...

Here is a theory I have that explains pretty much everything. Many assumptions made by my with this one, but with no new info why not throw out a workable theory right? So here it is...

Tom needs to make some money so that he can pay off the fine from his DUI the previous weekend. Someone at the trap house is a drug dealer who needs to pick up a large quantity of drugs from their supplier. This supplier is pretty high up in the drug business (possibly gang-affiliated) and the dealer from the trap house has grown scared of the supplier based on their previous dealings. But the dealer also really needs to get these drugs so he can make some money selling them. Knowing that Tom needs money, the dealer offers Tom $200 (or whatever large amount, doesn't really matter) to go and complete the buy from the supplier. The Jake who sent out the tweet from Tom's account goes with Tom to make the drug purchase. The deal is set to go down at the RV place. Tom and Jake meet the supplier there around 1am and things go poorly. The supplier is spooked because he has never met Tom. He beats Tom to death and leaves town. Jake is there for the whole thing and manages to escape. However when he escapes he loses his phone, and ends up with Tom's phone in the ensuing struggle. He uses Tom's phone to tweet that he needs help. The guys (including the dealer) who live at the trap house agree that they have to keep their mouths shut or the dealer will get in a lot of trouble because the deal involved a large quantity of drugs. Not to mention they are very scared because they have seen that this supplier will kill if he feels threatened. They make up the story about Tom leaving the trap house at 3:40am hoping that it will suffice as an explanation that they are not involved.

It's not my only theory, and there definitely isn't enough evidence to confirm it. But if you asked me to tell the story of what I think happened then that is what I would go with at this point. Again, just trying to keep the conversation going...

Solid theory, I have a very similar theory. The twitter posts from the guys at 824 trap house make it obvious that it really is a trap house. This wasn't the first deal they made but may have been the biggest or with new clientele. They could have been buying from someone or selling but Jake came through some how earlier in the week and TP picked up around the 18th. TP drives JW and TB to go make the drop at the RV place around 1130 and either jack dudes or get jacked(there were earlier tweets about room mates always stealing from parties). Once it goes down a fight breaks out TB loses his phone JW ends up with it and they all get split up. TP takes off so JW tweets off TB phone to get a ride. Ride shows up and JW can't find TB, thought he got away. They go back to the trap house scared without TB and collaborate a story.

Why bring TB this time? Either he had the hook up or was brought along in case anybody tried anything.

Why say they last saw him at 3:40? If they did make this up there is a reason they chose this time. Last time JW used TB phone?

Also whats the word on the surveillance video of the suspicious car? Is it me or does the video look edited also with there being two vehicles?

I have always thought that video showed 2 vehicles. I never did understand why it needed to be edited. Because it was too long? How many of us have watched longer than they should be funny cat videos and never thought anything of it? The whole thing is just weird.

Maybe the car in the video is unrelated, but why would they have waited so long to show it? Doesn't the FBI have experts in identifying vehicles? Perhaps they put the video out there to scare someone, ex: if there is another car in a video somewhere. Maybe that person would think "Oh no! They have this one on video!! How about me? I was there in that same general time frame".

And how do we even know for sure that he didn't end up at his dorm (if even for a short time) that morning? All I ever remember hearing is that he missed his ride at noon. And what about when he didn't show up? What kind of confusion and panic was there? It was reported that they "didn't think anything of it". Did someone actually knock on his door?

Until (if) we know the truth, I think drugs/drug buy played importantly into this murder, and that the trap house residents or those that hung out there are knee deep in knowing most of what happened.

Maybe they did not see the actual murder, but they aren't telling the truth about the time Tom was last there. The JW tweet has never made sense.

MOD is homicide. COD is unknown. Alcohol/drugs was not COD. No shooting, no stabbing, no dragging, no beating, no stangling, no head injury... then what?

^or am I confused about this?

Until (if) we know the truth, I think drugs/drug buy played importantly into this murder, and that the trap house residents or those that hung out there are knee deep in knowing most of what happened.

Maybe they did not see the actual murder, but they aren't telling the truth about the time Tom was last there. The JW tweet has never made sense.

MOD is homicide. COD is unknown. Alcohol/drugs was not COD. No shooting, no stabbing, no dragging, no beating, no stangling, no head injury... then what?

^or am I confused about this?

I think the COD is known---they're just not releasing it. The only thing they're willing to disclose is that it was not an alcohol or drug overdose.

As you mentioned that you are in college, I am curious, has it been your experience that minors at college obtaining booze is only through either another person, bar, liquor store or at a party with friends? I would imagine that each under-aged college student that wishes to obtain alcohol, has their own unique experiences.

most kids that i know have a fake ID and buy themselves or get booze from older friends or at house parties. i have never heard of any sort of alcohol dealer like there are for things that are illegal. if drinking played a part in this, my thought is that either TB or the people who hurt him were drunk and acted stupid.

most kids that i know have a fake ID and buy themselves or get booze from older friends or at house parties. i have never heard of any sort of alcohol dealer like there are for things that are illegal. if drinking played a part in this, my thought is that either TB or the people who hurt him were drunk and acted stupid.

I graduated a year and a half ago, and my experience with underage drinking in college was very similar. Five bucks for a cup at a house party would get you all the beer you could drink from the keg. And everyone had at least a couple older friends who would grab a bottle of booze for you as long as you reimbursed them. Something like an alcohol "dealer" would never exist. Way too many easier ways to get booze.

I hope everyone understands that when I post that alcohol could be involved I mean so in the way that minnyhockey described. Someone at a party who is drunk and Tom accidentally bumps into him, then this drunk person decides that since he's having a bad day he's going to go after Tom for bumping into him. Wouldn't be the first time it happened. Things can escalate pretty quickly for an angry drunk. Most people are fine when they drink, but everyone knows someone who gets drunk and their personality morphs into that of someone who feels they need to prove their manhood or something. I knew a guy like that in college. Nice guy when he was sober. But he wasn't any fun to drink with because he could get super mad over the simplest stuff when he got drunk. Luckily he never took it too far, but there were a couple occasions where he definitely would have crossed the line if his friends didn't put a stop to it in time.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amber81
Back