ND ND - Thomas 'Tom' Bearson, 19, Fargo, 20 Sep 2014 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Watching SM it appears that the TRAP members are all still there. JW is off SM but has been referenced once or twice since 9/25. The one that seems to have gone off the SM grid is the student who was arrested at the same time TB was for the DUI (the other CM). Anyone see anything different?
Trap members have remained active on SM, but deleted some posts. J still has SM, but it went completely quiet until one post very recently. The other C has SM but appeared to not have been very SM active prior to 9-19-14, and continues to not be SM active. Many other acquaintances in the college scene have changed their accounts to protected, or deleted all posts from that time period, and their accounts only show as beginning in October or November of 2014, or have went completely quiet since September. It is very interesting when you look at an account and only September of 2014 is MIA.

There seemed to be a lot of reference to Yik Yak awhile ago too. Maybe it just got old and they stopped using it.

Some of the ones that I know created new twitter and snapchat and kik accounts. yik yak was big down here last fall now seems like no one uses it.

Maybe they have heard that people are looking in.

If I was on SM and was in this in even the most innocent way, I might delete my posts.
Sincere possibility. I know that I have a tendency to believe when you've got nothing to hide....you've got nothing to hide. I know it is human nature to assume that others view things the same as yourself, when that isn't always the case.

yik yak is still big there, i'd like to post on it anonymously asking "why no one is afraid when a student went missing and turned up dead a couple days later", just to find out some simple information.. but you need to live in a 10 mile radius from fargo to post on it

Cops share the blame too as they do some shady stuff. In Fargo the police departments always tells UI to setup deals at a bar called Labby's.

Why Labby's? Well at any other bar if you get busted with a bag of weed its a misdemeanor and a slap of the wrist. Labby's is across the street from a high school football field so its a felony.

The cops know this, they are not simply trying to stop people from buying/selling weed, setting up a sting at any bar would do that. They are trying to ruin the peoples lives by making them a felon.

No matter how old I get, (and I'm very old) I just can't get over how much I don't know.

I truly did not know that the police used such underhanded tactics. They get them with a felony and then leverage it so they eagerly become informants. Somehow there is a fine line there and it's being straddled.

Keep in mind grandma, that this is one persons opinion. Maybe it happens....but I'm skeptical personally.

If it does happen it shouldn't. Just need facts for me to hang that tag on 'em.

Maybe they have them sell drugs at a particular bar because they know that's where many drugs are bought and sold.

If they don't know that selling drugs near a school is a felony, maybe they should sell Avon instead.

I still can't wrap my head around why Tom would tell people at the party he was going back to the dorm if he wasn't.

Pretty hilarious that they're busting people for selling drugs at Labby's, a place that exists only to sell the most dangerous drug available in this country. (Also pretty good food).

If my kid went to that school, I'd be much more concerned that there's a bar that close to my school than any illegal drug deals. There's a Happy Harry's liquor store over there too. How about we make the owners of those establishments work as informants?

Well folks today we are one day closer to finding out what happened to this young man and justice being served.
Sorry.... that's all I've got.

Pretty hilarious that they're busting people for selling drugs at Labby's, a place that exists only to sell the most dangerous drug available in this country. (Also pretty good food).

If my kid went to that school, I'd be much more concerned that there's a bar that close to my school than any illegal drug deals. There's a Happy Harry's liquor store over there too. How about we make the owners of those establishments work as informants?

Oh please :notgood: No one is ever MADE to work as an informant.

Oh please :notgood: No one is ever MADE to work as an informant.

Going one step back: no one is forced to break the law by selling or doing drugs either.

Also for dennygreen - if alcohol is "the most dangerous drug available" let me ask this question: if you had to leave your kid with one or the other, would you pick a junkie or a drunk? (Academic question - most of us would not do either.....but might help to frame that statement you made.)

IMO There is some confusion going on here...

Illegal drugs are against the law and ingesting, selling, and buying them is dangerous. Alcohol can be just as dangerous. Legalizing ANY drug (alcohol is a drug by the way) does not negate it's potential for harm. Do some of you really believe that is the question here?

These young adult CI situations HAVE resulted in deaths. I’m sure that if someone is even unjustly interpreted as being a CI that could have a disastrous effect. Have illegal drugs been stifled by this CI "process", obviously not, otherwise there would be no need for any of these conversations. Do some of you really believe that is being questioned?

Would some here believe it would be beneficial to society to clear DUI or MIP offenses from a person's record, if only they would agree to go sell alcohol to other minors?

1 wrong + 1 wrong = right? IMO, it does not.
The definition of dangerous does not change because a law exists.

However, this thread is about Thomas Bearson, a young man whose killer has not been apprehended yet. I don't believe that is in question at all.
I have to hope that more evidence exists than what we are being informed, and that actually there are SOME person(s) of interest. One thing is for sure....there is ENOUGH time for that revelation. Time isn't always a friend to the guilty. I'm a believer in the concept of what some call “karma”, and that life (not necessarily law) has it's own way of making the punishment fit the crime.

I am going to apologize in advance, because I am not inferring that this has anything to do with Tom. Please forgive me for that.

There have been a lot of conversations regarding legal vs illegal substances, and the processes.

I can't help but mention that many legal drugs are being utilized illegally.
This means that WAY TOO MANY PEOPLE are prescribed medications that actually they don't need. These legal drugs are worth a lot of money illegally on the street, and are very dangerous. They are also worth a lot of money legally. IMO, starting at the sources of origin is a more effective approach with ALL drugs.
The CI method reminds me of this......trying to eradicate a noxious weed, by going out spraying them in small groups at a time, and occasionally eradicating helpful plants in the process, and the claimed purpose not being gained at all in the true sense.
But, going straight to the source...that might put some functions that are performed legally (pharmaceutical companies, chemists, drug task forces, government taxable funds, etc. ) out of jobs and/or money.

Prime example:

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/90-pounds-cocaine-cargo-ship-owned-anti-drug-senators-family/

IMO, money truly can be the root of all evil. Okay, I've said all I need to say about that.

I have to say that I don't buy that the car has no link to this crime. If so, why edit the video? I do believe it was edited.

It depends on what the person is using. I'd rather have my kid with a guy who is high on weed over a drunk guy. Drunk guys do stupid things like fight and pick fights, people high on weed aren't violent. The bigger question is would you rather have him buy a drink underage from a bar or buy something else from a drug dealer. The answer is always the bar in that case. I think that Tom was buying things that only a dealer would have, putting him in contact with a bad guy or guys who may have been concerned that he was a snitch. That is a very bad combination that I can easily see going bad fast. That was my point from the beginning.

Tom received a DUI and MIP prior to his homicide, exactly one week earlier (previous weekend). Tom's father reported that they enjoyed that weekend with Tom, and that Tom said

he'd "do better". No mention has been made of Tom's activities during the week after that, other than his room-mate Wyatt saying that he believed Tom was trying to drink less

than he had been and buckle down with school so to speak. Next weekend arrives, Tom tweets that he's "bored", I would assume lying low is boring. Very soon

thereafter just entering the weekend, Tom is murdered.

Where did the alcohol come from? Was something else found during that arrest? Did Tom share with ANYONE any information in regards to those questions?

I can't help but think that the two incidents are related.

There were tweets on twitters of NDSU students regarding "too many Narcs" prior to Tom's murder. "Narcs" about what I wonder? I would have to assume that it could be alcohol, could be drugs, could be both....?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mbennett90
Back