ND ND - Thomas 'Tom' Bearson, 19, Fargo, 20 Sep 2014 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I lean toward internal bleeding/injury or some type of head trauma as well. I'm not a doctor so I can't get too specific there. With the causes that have been officially ruled out plus some logical reasoning based on the statements the police have made (the statement about COD not being obvious rules out a shooting or stabbing in my mind) I think it was probably a beating that possibly involved something like a bat or tool.

One question: Does anyone know if Tom was in the process of joining a fraternity? Probably not relevant, but you hear stories every year about fraternity initiations going too far. And since Tom was a freshman during the first semester I believe that would be the time fraternity initiations happen.

There is a Twitter account called "Justice for Tom Bearson" that has gotten into some dust-ups with SAE fraternity members seemingly implying that they know something about the murder. (I read TOS but I don't know if this is breaking them or not since the Twitter is titled what it is and I'm not naming and SAE members personally. I apologize if I am.)

It seems SAE has some issues in the news as of late and they ARE known as the "deadliest fraternity." As for whether or not Tom was associated with them? There is no proof that I've found. His DUI did occur between the residence hall and SAE frat house (but that could be just a coincidence...) Tom's twitter references a secret handshake and being "bros.." SAE has secret handshake.

It's just all speculation but we really don't know ANY new information since Sept 26th when generic COD was released. No information usually fuels speculation and gossip and skepticism-which is basically what I am guilty of right now.

There is a Twitter account called "Justice for Tom Bearson" that has gotten into some dust-ups with SAE fraternity members seemingly implying that they know something about the murder. (I read TOS but I don't know if this is breaking them or not since the Twitter is titled what it is and I'm not naming and SAE members personally. I apologize if I am.)

It seems SAE has some issues in the news as of late and they ARE known as the "deadliest fraternity." As for whether or not Tom was associated with them? There is no proof that I've found. His DUI did occur between the residence hall and SAE frat house (but that could be just a coincidence...) Tom's twitter references a secret handshake and being "bros.." SAE has secret handshake.

It's just all speculation but we really don't know ANY new information since Sept 26th when generic COD was released. No information usually fuels speculation and gossip and skepticism-which is basically what I am guilty of right now.

Very interesting. Hard for me to take it much further without knowing anything concrete, and it is not a theory that has been discussed much, but I do wonder if there is something there. Thanks for the info!

any email addresses known for TB? I know there was a xbox live account posted a while back. Found an email associated with TB twitter that I thought was odd. p***@c****.**
not sure what domain it could even be.

Thanks for finding the info on the Twitter and email accounts. I feel so stupid... I can't find anything. Meanwhile, I wonder how that suspect profile they talked about is coming along???

Meanwhile, the person(s) responsible for this murder are getting set to enjoy the beautiful spring weather.

This is just so sad. We can only hope they have some leads or are at least getting some answers. I can't believe this will turn into a cold case.

All I can say is with this and other cases, "Where is Big Brother when you need him? Where are all of those security cams that are watching us all of the time? Where is all of that reading of our emails, texts, etc?"

http://ndsuspectrum.com/missing-ndsu-student/

In this article, Timthy Alvarez, NDSU VP of Student Affairs, is attributed with stating that "TB was seen on video" in the paragraph immediately following where Grabow stated he was going back to the resident hall after being with friends.
I am willing to concede that the article may be poorly written, but with no other 'qualifiers' regarding the video, it appears Alvarez said, on September 22, that there is video of TB taken after he left his friends.
Has there been any retraction by NDSU regarding this statement by the VP of Student Affairs?

Regarding the video not been found:
http://www.sctimes.com/story/news/l...dsu-sartell-high-school-tom-bearson/16053665/
"Despite an earlier report from NDSU that there was on-campus video showing Bearson before he went missing, Vandal said no such video has been found yet. Authorities aren't sure yet if alcohol was involved."

And no such video"
http://www.wdaz.com/content/ndsu-press-conference-missing-student-video-0
In the news conference, Alvarez mentions there is campus video of Bearson. However, NDSU Media Relations has since said there is no video and Alvarez misspoke.

You would sure think that there would be video of him leaving his dorm room or the campus at least. If not, I would never feel save sending my kids there.
I would understand if there wasn't video of him returning to his dorm, because he didn't (by all reports).

You would also think that there would be a few cameras on his walk back to the dorm. Unless he didn't get very far at all or got in a vehicle. And I cannot imagine there to be a whole lot of traffic out and about at that time of the morning. The car had to have been on video at some point also. And I DO not believe that there were no cameras in the area of the RV place besides the one the mystery car showed up in. As I said previously, if you use Google maps and zoom in on the buildings, you can see them. Well, unless they don't work...

Its so sad to see how quiet this thread has become. I wish there was something reported so we at least know it is still an "active" investigation.

I started watching the beginning of March Madness of Basketball. Couldn't help thinking of Tommy and the fun he'd be having watching the games. Well maybe he has the best seats ever!

JMO

I remember the Kyron Horman case where LE asked for all video along certain routes.

I wonder why LE has not done this ?

I think they know who did it. I think they have plenty of info and are casting a wider net. I hooe so anyway

I remember the Kyron Horman case where LE asked for all video along certain routes.

I wonder why LE has not done this ?

I think they know who did it. I think they have plenty of info and are casting a wider net. I hooe so anyway

You must be an optimist in real life.
What would be the harm in saying they had a suspect in mind if they actually did?

I don't believe they know who did this because right now they are looking really bad. I don't think they'd allow themselves to look so bad in order to lull the murderer into a false sense of security. Not when they could easily accomplish the same thing by implying to the public (and thus the killer) that they have a suspect. That would quell the public skepticism, make themselves look better AND lull the suspect into a false sense of security...

Nope. Not buying it. I think they don't have much.

But I really do hope you are right, human. And I mean no disrespect in disagreeing with you. :)

They could be watching their suspects. They may be wanting to get a big take down.

I am not an optimist. Just trying for an alternative explanation as to why LE has asked dor such little help from the public.

They could be watching their suspects. They may be wanting to get a big take down.

I am not an optimist. Just trying for an alternative explanation as to why LE has asked dor such little help from the public.

Nothing wrong with being an optimist.

I understand your point, human. You could very we'll be right. And I hope you are.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SluethinAway
Back