ND ND - Thomas 'Tom' Bearson, 19, Fargo, 20 Sep 2014 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Meanwhile, back at the ranch...they are holding a big bag of SQUAT.

What really chaps my hide is when the don't want to 'compromise the ongoing investigation' and they have nothing in their bag.

This is unacceptable. It's obviously not working so they should think of trying something else. Very sad.

That's a sad, sad update. But at least there was something to keep his name out there. I certainly understand that cases can be complicated, and that sometimes they just don't have much to go on, but COME ON!!! This young man was at college and by the reports we heard, going back to his dorm!!!
We can all assume this was not a one man job. And since he obviously was "handled" by someone, there should be DNA present. Unless of course, they don't have any matches.
And again, the lack of asking the public for information is just strange to me. The only thing they keep focusing on is his I-phone and shoe. Are either of those 2 items really going to be the clues to crack this case and put someone behind bars? I'm sure that they have pulled all the phone records they could. And I don't know what the shoe would tell them.
I also think it's interesting though that they keep saying they are re-interviewing people. Obviously something doesn't add up for them.
Maybe they need a fresh set of eyes for this case. And what about that suspect profile???

Very sad indeed. I agree with the owner/former if you will of Larry's RVs, of all the places, why here? Yes, why there??? Someone had to have been checking that place out prior to this, maybe not as a body drop, but someone had it in mind.

I believe it is great that LE is interviewing people again. See if any "stories" change over time. If any of these kids made a pact for a "story" can they keep it straight? Did any one of them leave town since? I honestly think LE has a suspect in mind but just don't have the evidence yet. With Tommy's remains being out in the elements for three and a half days both natural decomposition and that of animal / insect activity will destroy a lot of DNA and other evidence. It seems clear that his body was dropped there so the "crime scene" obviously was not there.

Hopefully LE continue to run DNA matches for both ND and MN both now and in the future. One never knows when a fool is going to screw up and get into the system. In a triple homicide a little over a year ago in San Diego it took many months for the fool to get arrested for a non connected felony and BINGO a match. The key is to keep Tommy's case on the front burner of the stove so when it's time to fry...we be ready!

JMO's

970 WDAY: Sandy Buttweiler On Demand

http://www.wday.com/radio/3706866-970-wday-sandy-buttweiler-demand

This didn't offer anything new on the case, but I did appreciate that Tom's previous arrest for DUI was discussed in regards to "why was that information provided in the media and deemed important?" if it had no bearing on his murder. Of course the discussion is nothing but speculation, same as here.
Trying to maintain healthy optimism BankingOnIt, but it's taking a little more than my natural state of mind requires.....

Somehow, the perp(s) knew that Larry's RV Sales lot had inoperable however obvious video surveillance cameras. I find that verrrryyyy interessssttting.....

Meanwhile, back at the ranch...they are holding a big bag of SQUAT.

What really chaps my hide is when the don't want to 'compromise the ongoing investigation' and they have nothing in their bag.

This is unacceptable. It's obviously not working so they should think of trying something else. Very sad.

Other than to satisfy the public curiosity what good would releasing the autopsy report and things like drugs levels/cause of death do?

Lets just say they release that TB had been drinking, and smoking pot, and was beaten to death with a hammer (SIMPLY AN EXAMPLE , I AM NOT SPECULATING), how would that drive the investigation forward?

Would someone be like "Oh yea now I remember, I did see a kid get beaten to death with a hammer at a party but thought nothing of it!" Publicizing this information has no upside, other than to satisfy public curiosity . I would like to hear any idea's or theories on how releasing this info could possibly help.

How do we know these cameras were inoperable?
I'm sorry, but social media information is not allowed here. If the surveillance cameras were functioning there would be footage of Tom being brought there and/or coming there with someone. Wouldn't that definitely create someone of interest, instead of none. Many cases go forward with circumstantial evidence. IMO, that WOULD create some definite circumstantial evidence, anyone being seen coming there by camera between Sept 19 through Sept 23.

If there is talk on social media about the cameras and the "perps" having knowledge that they weren't working, maybe that information should go to law enforcement. Obviously someone knows something.
But we don't know if they have footage or not. For all we know they have video in the dark of unknown person/people dressed in black in the darkness of the night dragging a body to this obscure location with the car parked out of site.

Other than to satisfy the public curiosity what good would releasing the autopsy report and things like drugs levels/cause of death do?

Lets just say they release that TB had been drinking, and smoking pot, and was beaten to death with a hammer (SIMPLY AN EXAMPLE , I AM NOT SPECULATING), how would that drive the investigation forward?

Would someone be like "Oh yea now I remember, I did see a kid get beaten to death with a hammer at a party but thought nothing of it!" Publicizing this information has no upside, other than to satisfy public curiosity . I would like to hear any idea's or theories on how releasing this info could possibly help.

I have to agree with you to a certain extent. Often the manner of death is with-held in MANY cases, and for good reason, such as it is specific information that the knowledge of may indicate direct involvement. The with-holding of that information can be detrimental to a case, and I agree, pointless to provide to the public.

I have no idea why a toxicology report would be with-held, especially if it is not related to his death as was stated. That is unusual, and I can only surmise that with-holding it means something as much as releasing it would, to be honest in my opinion. Toxicology tests aren't even mentioned in some homicide cases in the first place. For some reason, in this case, the fact that it was being investigated was very well known, only to then be with-held, and eventually reported as not significant. That is odd, in my opinion.

What I find completely ridiculous is how we keep hearing about this shoe and cell phone. IF this whole case's chance of resolution lies in the balance due to the lack of these items, that is a bleak picture. I'd be shocked, by the way, if they actually surface ever, especially after all the publicity about HOW important they are to find.

If there is talk on social media about the cameras and the "perps" having knowledge that they weren't working, maybe that information should go to law enforcement. Obviously someone knows something.
But we don't know if they have footage or not. For all we know they have video in the dark of unknown person/people dressed in black in the darkness of the night dragging a body to this obscure location with the car parked out of site.
I have been told by locals, and seen photos where the area is well-lit at night. Couldn't seem to catch a video of the suspicious visitor a few days later in broad daylight either. What causes you to think that information hasn't already gone to law enforcement? This WS site claims that LE actively utilizes this site, and a "very active investigation" should easily yield any information than that of amateurs, right?

I have no knowledge if the information has been given to law enforcement or not, I just hope it has. If these people are stupid enough to be discussing it on social media, then this case will be solved sooner than later in my opinion. And if this area is well lit at night, then that makes this case even stranger than it already is.

Still can't fathom why a Crimestopper anonymous line doesn't exist. Not too difficult, probably easier than finding the shoe and cell phone.....

Surely these cops are smart enough to be reading social media, aren't they?

http://www.wisconsinrapidstribune.c...ase-rewards-useful-others-can-create-problems

“Abrams stresses that Crime Stoppers must remain autonomous from law enforcement agencies to retain privacy”

“The tips can never be breached in court,” Abrams said. “Time and time again they can be subpoenaed and they’ll get squashed, but it’s not the same if that tip goes straight to a police department. Without anonymity we have no value in a community.”

“It’s not the amount of money out there that encourages someone to make tip. It’s the ability to leave (an) anonymous tip, and not have a squad in front of their house,” Abrams said.

“When you offer high rewards, it brings people out of the woodwork that don’t have credible information and may even lie to obtain the reward.”

"Abrams said the organization goes to great lengths to keep tipsters anonymous, including a high-tech text messaging system that routes data through a Canadian contact-information scrubbing program."

"Tips that generate an arrest can then produce rewards, but that process is kept private through a code number that is taken to a bank before the money is paid to a tipster."

“We also get many tips from inmates at jails and prisons,” Abrams said. “We’ve made payouts to jail accounts for people who just want money for smokes, but have information.”

http://www.wisconsinrapidstribune.c...ase-rewards-useful-others-can-create-problems

“Abrams stresses that Crime Stoppers must remain autonomous from law enforcement agencies to retain privacy”

“The tips can never be breached in court,” Abrams said. “Time and time again they can be subpoenaed and they’ll get squashed, but it’s not the same if that tip goes straight to a police department. Without anonymity we have no value in a community.”

“It’s not the amount of money out there that encourages someone to make tip. It’s the ability to leave (an) anonymous tip, and not have a squad in front of their house,” Abrams said.

“When you offer high rewards, it brings people out of the woodwork that don’t have credible information and may even lie to obtain the reward.”

"Abrams said the organization goes to great lengths to keep tipsters anonymous, including a high-tech text messaging system that routes data through a Canadian contact-information scrubbing program."

"Tips that generate an arrest can then produce rewards, but that process is kept private through a code number that is taken to a bank before the money is paid to a tipster."

“We also get many tips from inmates at jails and prisons,” Abrams said. “We’ve made payouts to jail accounts for people who just want money for smokes, but have information.”

Sorry this info is a re-visit as many of you know.
Still can't fathom why this isn't being utilized, heck why not? What's to lose? What's to gain? Too cumbersome? (I doubt that) Not needed? Guess not, just need a shoe and a cell phone... and....that college needs to actually use functional video equipment on their campus too, by the way, I would hope now...

This is not the same as Crimestoppers where the anonymous tipster is provided immunity from being subpoenaed.

How can they subpoena someone if when they leave a tip, they don't leave their name?

From the link:

" Regardless of whether you choose to identify yourself, we thank you for doing your part to help us help the community!"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back