ND ND - Thomas 'Tom' Bearson, 19, Fargo, 20 Sep 2014 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Final Autopsy DONE!
New article today about TB just posted: http://www.wday.com/news/north-dakota/3670640-autopsy-ndsu-student-tom-bearson-finalized
"The Ramsey County Medical Examiner’s Office tells WDAY that the report was finished “a few days ago”, but could not release details."
"Moorhead Police say they plan to release more details about this case in the next few days."

Looks like WDAY is running a story tonight at 6 and 10.

Final Autopsy DONE!
New article today about TB just posted: http://www.wday.com/news/north-dakota/3670640-autopsy-ndsu-student-tom-bearson-finalized
"The Ramsey County Medical Examiner’s Office tells WDAY that the report was finished “a few days ago”, but could not release details."
"Moorhead Police say they plan to release more details about this case in the next few days."

Looks like WDAY is running a story tonight at 6 and 10.

Wow!! You're really on top of this, Mama Sleuth!! Thanks for posting this. I would have missed the broadcast if not for you. Sounds like this is really heating up and we're finally going to get some information.

Actually, they didn't say 'fallen fence'. They said ' found lying on the grass inside a short fence surrounding an RV dealer in Moorhead'

ETA: They also said he still had his wallet on him. I don't think we've heard that before. Too bad they didn't say anything one way or another about the back pack.

Both pics are screencaps from the WCCO video, and are in the archive. Clicking either will take you to the Case Archive.

You can see the broken-ish fence and tall grasses would have hidden him from passers by on the street.

Both pics are screencaps from the WCCO video, and are in the archive. Clicking either will take you to the Case Archive.

You can see the broken-ish fence and tall grasses would have hidden him from passers by on the street.

It would be interesting to know if that piece of fence (or cattle panel or whatever it is) was already there and his body was placed on it OR was his body brought there on that; for example could that have possibly been dragged behind a car with him laying on it? If so, that could've caused severe injuries and/or contributed to his death?? Any thoughts?

After looking at the pictures of where he was found and the fence, one would think there would have been tire tracks in the grass (assuming he did not get there himself). Looks like a field or open area behind the RV business. So, he probably would have been unnoticed for awhile if not for the tip or whatever led them to this place.

Was there snow on the ground Sept.23, 2014 or did the media take those photos for the recent piece they just ran? I believe LE may have cut the fence in order to get vehicles and investigators close to Tommy's remains.

JMO's

It would be interesting to know if that piece of fence (or cattle panel or whatever it is) was already there and his body was placed on it OR was his body brought there on that; for example could that have possibly been dragged behind a car with him laying on it? If so, that could've caused severe injuries and/or contributed to his death?? Any thoughts?

It would be helpful to have a picture of the scene at the time he was found. This picture was taken a few days ago and may not be representative of what the fence looked like 4 1/2 months ago.

There was not any snow at that time. In prior pictures of where they showed a group of men standing around in the lot, there was no snow. And I was thinking also, that if Tom was to go home to see his parents again after their most recent discussion about him drinking and him wanting to be better, why would he be out partying with the possibility of being hung over and having to face them again?

Was there snow on the ground Sept.23, 2014 or did the media take those photos for the recent piece they just ran? I believe LE may have cut the fence in order to get vehicles and investigators close to Tommy's remains.

JMO's

You've been reading my mind again, jggordo. :seeya:

I know it has been very frustrating waiting for the final autopsy results and lab work. But I have actually been encouraged by it. Don't know if I am being overly optimistic but with it taking longer gives me more hope. LE and Medical Examiner did not come out sooner and say "we found no usable DNA samples" or "due to extensive decomposition" we could make no definitive conclusions".

In all the cases I have followed over time I have found when toxicology and DNA takes this long and this much time is spent on the case LE is doing DNA matches to have the proof for arrests. Also since the Supreme Court ruling last year regarding cell phones, a separate search warrant has to be obtained for each device. It is really time consuming. And probable cause has to be shown to a Judge to obtain the SW and that proof has to be as good as getting a SW for someone's home. LE can no longer able to go on "fishing expeditions" on people's phones and computers like they once did. And if they do any evidence is not usable in Court.

JMO's

Forgive me for 'skimming' as I'm reading and then posting. I don't like doing that because I sometimes miss things.

I would like to know if the photos taken of the fence area were actually where he was found or if this is just a typical example of the media just taking a photo of a 'similar' spot within the context of the report. Perhaps they recalled where the general area the police were standing was.

I don't know.

WDAY just released this:
Autopsy has been received by Moorhead Police.
The department intents (intends) to provide the public with a timely status update to the investigation through a press conference next week. Tentatively, a press conference is planned for Monday, February 9.

http://www.wday.com/news/minnesota/...has-received-final-autopsy-report-tom-bearson

I have to agree with jggordo...the LE knows what they have and they know who they are looking for. All this hype w/no information being shared, I think it is directed right at the killer(s) to see who cracks first (no yolk intended). Someone is peeing their pants and is going to start talking!

I have been trying for days to find the very early on article that stated that finding Tommy was the result of an "interview" that led them to the RV lot. Then an officer found him in about 20 minutes. SOMEONE knew he was there, IMO. Yet if that person "lawyered up" and would not be questioned anymore it would leave LE in the lurch. Now with POSSIBLE DNA or other evidence they can connect some dots.

Anybody know what article I am thinking of? It was right after he was found. The article did not say "tip" it said "interview".

JMO's

I have been trying for days to find the very early on article that stated that finding Tommy was the result of an "interview" that led them to the RV lot. Then an officer found him in about 20 minutes. SOMEONE knew he was there, IMO. Yet if that person "lawyered up" and would not be questioned anymore it would leave LE in the lurch. Now with POSSIBLE DNA or other evidence they can connect some dots.

Anybody know what article I am thinking of? It was right after he was found. The article did not say "tip" it said "interview".

JMO's

Yes, I remember that. It clearly said 'interview'. I'll try to find it.

JMO's
http://kstp.com/news/stories/s3571673.shtml
At :30 near the end of the broadcast.

It is also on Page 4 (currently) of the case archive.

Also... remember it is just a reporter saying "interview" but he did say it came from the police.
I don't trust much in what is reported, but it is all we have to go on since LE is silent.

Feb 9 is a heck of a long wait before a presser. Are they hoping to have an arrest to announce?

It is also on Page 4 (currently) of the case archive.

Also... remember it is just a reporter saying "interview" but he did say it came from the police.
I don't trust much in what is reported, but it is all we have to go on since LE is silent.

Feb 9 is a heck of a long wait before a presser. Are they hoping to have an arrest to announce?

I'm wondering the same thing. Seems like it would be a huge coincidence that his parents finally give an interview, the autopsy is completed, and they're going to give a presser---- all within a one week time frame------ after 4 1/2 months.

I remember hearing/reading vague statements about "interview" vs "tip" and then "investigators have not said what led them there". Well I'm guessing they didn't plan the search in that strange location just on a whim. And if it was indeed a tip or an interview, or whatever they want to call it, I'm sure that person/people are/were/ scared for their own life perhaps. I would be. I am optimistic that there will be some real answers soon. I'm thinking maybe they had a pretty good idea of what happened at the beginning but they needed a little more time and possibly those reports to wrap it all up.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back