ND ND - Thomas 'Tom' Bearson, 19, Fargo, 20 Sep 2014 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It's more just a gut feeling on my part that it wasn't random thugs. But that certainly could be what happened. Can't rule that one out.

Talk is cheap, Bizzle2. If you can't rule it out, it's time to gently place an egg in the basket. It's the right thing to do.

Talk is cheap, Bizzle2. If you can't rule it out, it's time to gently place an egg in the basket. It's the right thing to do.

Put your eggs where your mouth is....or something like that?!

Freshly back and renewed from my recent vacation, I would like to "UNTHANK" Rocco for his vaca photo of me in my hula outfit.

:behindbar (a reminder to him that 'Paybacks' bigger stronger sister, 'Karma' will be visiting soon.)

Now on to the business of Tom Bearson.

I love Judge Judy. She's the best, she says it like it is and that's the way everyone should be in this life. One of her favorite sayings is this: "If someone is telling you something and it doesn't add up, it's because they are LYING."

Something about this whole entire case doesn't add up.

I do not believe for one second that the investigators in this case had that footage of that car for FOUR MONTHS and couldn't id the car and then within DAYS of releasing the footage suddenly not only have identified the car, but ruled it out.

My opinion is that all of this is only serving to turn the public off. I for one have grown completely bored and disgusted with the whole thing.

In my world I would have handled this a different way. I look at the case of Kyron Hormon and the police in that case operated that investigation almost identically and that case STILL has nothing. Zero.

There has got to be a better way. I don't believe this is it.

The only positive thing I can think of was they said clearly that he was not a Confidential Informant.

I am going with the Sierra Lamar scene. LE had the perp's car in possession when asking for info on it. They even had evidence it was the perp but needed to find her body.

So, I am hoping there are reasons for what LE is doing here in ND

I would like to find out more about the recent drug bust that happened near where the "party" took place. How that maps with his dormitory and where he was found. He may not have been there to get or buy drugs but drug houses (especially those that deal meth) attract an element that can be violent. If Tommy were out at that hour on his way to the dorm and met up with druggies outside he could have been at the wrong place at the wrong time.

I don't know the trade value of an I-Phone but it surely would be enough to get some fools high for the rest of the night.

JMO

I recall that during the presser it was announced that Tom was not a Confidential Informant for any law enforcement.

There are individuals and groups in this world that view "snitches" just as harmful to their livelihood as an official CI. This may not always involve just drugs or outwardly appearing thugs. Some people can appear to be very upstanding citizens, and high achievers, especially with affluence on their side, when in all actuality flaws in ethics and morals exist. These people can be very deceiving in appearance.

I am not implying that with any definite certainty that a situation of this nature influenced Tom's murder. However, I do believe that some potential was present in his situations and surroundings. It would not even have needed to be Tom himself who did the "snitching", but if the individuals viewed him as the reason it occurred, and/or caused him to appear as a threat to their circle.

I am going with the Sierra Lamar scene. LE had the perp's car in possession when asking for info on it. They even had evidence it was the perp but needed to find her body.

So, I am hoping there are reasons for what LE is doing here in ND

Today after reading your post here I finally took the time to read just a little bit about the Sierra Lamar case. WOW. These cases just never end and they never cease to amaze me.

I did not have enough time to go in depth on that case, can you help me understand what the benefit behind LE's ploy with the car was? I'm not understanding why they needed help with the car information when they had the car and they guy in custody?

As I say, I was really reading and skimming through so I easily could have missed something, but you are correct, LE in this case could be using the same mode of operation.

As an aside, am I wrong or have they NOT found her body yet? I'm asking because in that case I really think geographic profiling would be of immense assistance.

TYIA.

Today after reading your post here I finally took the time to read just a little bit about the Sierra Lamar case. WOW. These cases just never end and they never cease to amaze me.

I did not have enough time to go in depth on that case, can you help me understand what the benefit behind LE's ploy with the car was? I'm not understanding why they needed help with the car information when they had the car and they guy in custody?

As I say, I was really reading and skimming through so I easily could have missed something, but you are correct, LE in this case could be using the same mode of operation.

As an aside, am I wrong or have they NOT found her body yet? I'm asking because in that case I really think geographic profiling would be of immense assistance.

TYIA.

O/T but relevant...

If anyone wants a less-googling view of the Sierra LaMar case, I have it archived.

Here is the main section:
http://s296.photobucket.com/user/crankycrankerson/library/Sierra LaMar -CA-?sort=6&page=1
H
ere is a "Justice for Sierra" section for hearings and eventual trial:
http://s296.photobucket.com/user/cr... LaMar -CA-/Justice for Sierra?sort=6&page=1

IB, in Sierra's case, they had video of the Jetta that took her. They located it, watched, watched, watched, but the guy knew he was being watched so he kept his nose clean.

LE went public with it to jog memories in case someone saw it near anywhere he may have dumped her body. Despite weekly searches by a dedicated group she has not been found yet.

And the perp? Young guy, but he'd been tazing women to try and get them kidnapped and raped. 3x they know of before Sierra. He is a married guy with a wife and 2 young children. He married this wife after being accused of rape since she was underage. IDK if she is still standing with him or has moved on.

O/T but relevant...

If anyone wants a less-googling view of the Sierra LaMar case, I have it archived.

Here is the main section:
http://s296.photobucket.com/user/crankycrankerson/library/Sierra LaMar -CA-?sort=6&page=1
H
ere is a "Justice for Sierra" section for hearings and eventual trial:
http://s296.photobucket.com/user/cr... LaMar -CA-/Justice for Sierra?sort=6&page=1

IB, in Sierra's case, they had video of the Jetta that took her. They located it, watched, watched, watched, but the guy knew he was being watched so he kept his nose clean.

LE went public with it to jog memories in case someone saw it near anywhere he may have dumped her body. Despite weekly searches by a dedicated group she has not been found yet.

And the perp? Young guy, but he'd been tazing women to try and get them kidnapped and raped. 3x they know of before Sierra. He is a married guy with a wife and 2 young children. He married this wife after being accused of rape since she was underage. IDK if she is still standing with him or has moved on.

Thank you so much Amanda, you truly provide such a service on here with your archives! And, as always I put a lot of weight on your point of view. I will go try to find her thread now, since I'm interested.

Just re-reading some old news and these pieces are still very interesting to me.

http://www.fergusfallsjournal.com/2...-student-tips-phone-tracking-led-to-moorhead/

"Cellphone tracking, tips and proximity to his last known location"

This is far from his last known location. Well, known to the public anyway...

http://www.valleynewslive.com/home/...Bearson-Case-Than-4-Months-Ago-288612491.html

"This is an extensive investigation that stretches out of our area."

Are they thinking some of the key players who might know something are from out of the area?

yup, there's a lot that they're not telling us. they sure didn't randomly decide to search that place. Hopefully the information that they're sitting on is not something that the public could have helped with 3 months ago.

Here is another article from KNSI radio stating car seen in video is not implicated.
"Jacobson said the vehicle owner has requested to not be identified, but the vehicle in question was a 2005 Nissan Maxima and was among the tips received from helpful citizens.
"Investigators followed up on this information, we're able to identify the party that was there, have them confirm their whereabouts and the actions that they were doing at that location and found them to be legitimate and legal," Jacobson said.
** I may have missed this but I hadn't seen this last sentence in any of the previous articles.

TYIA.

no, they have not found her body.
I think they wanted info on the car without having fake reports to slog through. As we know, people try to be helpful, but LE has to look at everything so if prosecuting, the defense does not say that LE failed to look at some options. So it is an immense waste of manpower to have to follow bad leads.

no, they have not found her body.
I think they wanted info on the car without having fake reports to slog through. As we know, people try to be helpful, but LE has to look at everything so if prosecuting, the defense does not say that LE failed to look at some options. So it is an immense waste of manpower to have to follow bad leads.

:goodpost:

I am curious about the suspect profile that the FBI will be putting together. Does that information go out to the public or is it just for law enforcement? Will we be expected to call in tips if this description matches someone we know? This could certainly bring in alot of unwanted calls and false leads. And how does a decision get made to even do this? And why this case in particular? I guess I have not heard of this being done before except on tv or in cases of maybe serial killers. I just hope its done soon. His family, friends, and his community need answers and swift justice.

Ok...so this sounds super creepy. But if use the street view on Google maps and zoom in on some of the buildings around Larry's RV, it sure looks like a couple of them have security/surveillance cameras. Especially on 29th St S. I wonder if they would have picked up anything in the wee hours of the morning when it was dark (assuming that's when this took place) if this road was used.

I recall that during the presser it was announced that Tom was not a Confidential Informant for any law enforcement.

There are individuals and groups in this world that view "snitches" just as harmful to their livelihood as an official CI. This may not always involve just drugs or outwardly appearing thugs. Some people can appear to be very upstanding citizens, and high achievers, especially with affluence on their side, when in all actuality flaws in ethics and morals exist. These people can be very deceiving in appearance.

I am not implying that with any definite certainty that a situation of this nature influenced Tom's murder. However, I do believe that some potential was present in his situations and surroundings. It would not even have needed to be Tom himself who did the "snitching", but if the individuals viewed him as the reason it occurred, and/or caused him to appear as a threat to their circle.

i havent posted for awhile, but all of the kids that i talk to who knew tom think it was a party supply purchase gone wrong. what if there was suspicion out there that tom was a ci and something made the sellers suspicious and they killed someone they thought was snitch. i think at the end of the day this is going to be the answer. so sad if this is what happened, and i blame the police for putting kids into the role of ci after stupid small weed busts.

i havent posted for awhile, but all of the kids that i talk to who knew tom think it was a party supply purchase gone wrong. what if there was suspicion out there that tom was a ci and something made the sellers suspicious and they killed someone they thought was snitch. i think at the end of the day this is going to be the answer. so sad if this is what happened, and i blame the police for putting kids into the role of ci after stupid small weed busts.

IF the scenario you lay out is what happened, then its drugs....drug dealers....and drug users to blame. Not LE.

Just my opinion but to focus on LE turns a blind eye to the killer in the room.

We can focus where we want but doesn't it make more sense to show outrage and make efforts focused towards the root cause vs towards those who are tasked with fighting against the problem?

Again-MOO. I welcome other thoughts.

IF the scenario you lay out is what happened, then its drugs....drug dealers....and drug users to blame. Not LE.

Just my opinion but to focus on LE turns a blind eye to the killer in the room.

We can focus where we want but doesn't it make more sense to show outrage and make efforts focused towards the root cause vs towards those who are tasked with fighting against the problem?

Again-MOO. I welcome other thoughts.

i dont totallly disagree but in my mind its a little like arresting someone for dui (a crime, but one that most of the population has done) and then in exchange for dropping the charges having the person serve as a ci to bust a huge alcohol importing crime group. these kids who are arrested for small amounts of week (which like 90% of my friends could have been at some point in time) and getting them involved with the really bad higher level drug dealers just seems wrong. talk harder drugs, and its not as clearly wrong, but at the weed level it just seems like the cops should focus their time on bigger issues and dont endanger kids. MOO opinion as well, and i suspect people will disagree.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CouchdetectiveC
Back