ND ND - Thomas 'Tom' Bearson, 19, Fargo, 20 Sep 2014 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Not sure that it is or not related but man did the video of the police getting AS to agree to be an informer is tough to watch.

It's eerie to watch because he has since passed. Though I would add that the death of AS certainly appears to be a suicide. And there is nothing to suggest that his work as a CI contributed to his death. I know his mother doesn't want to believe it was suicide, and I understand that it is painful for her to deal with the idea that her son took his own life. I feel for the Sadek family as they deal with that reality.

Bearson Investigation Still ‘Active, Open’

http://ndsuspectrum.com/police-bearson-case-still-active/

Moorhead Police say the investigation into Tom Bearson’s murder is “very much an active, open investigation,” despite a year and a half since the freshman was killed.

In the 18 months since his death, investigators still have no person of interest nor have they released details surrounding Bearson’s cause of death.

“We haven’t identified a person of interest,” Moorhead Police Lt. Tory Jacobson said. “We certainly do not know who committed this crime or what the motive was at this point.”

Despite the amount of time that has passed since Bearson’s death, the case is far from cold, Jacobson said.

“It’s a case we’re gonna continue to seek answers that identify who’s responsible for this,” he said.

A cold case, he added, is one that has exhausted information either provided in evidence or created in theories by investigators.

“It’s come to the point you’re looking for something new to pursue,” Jacobson said. “Due to the huge size of this case, we have not hit that point yet.”

I'm glad to hear this is an open, active investigation -- what could be the hold up?

Seems police have a good working theory on what happened, but not the evidence they feel will hold up in court to get a conviction. While I want someone arrested and charged with Tom's death, I want the right perp, and I want the conviction!

While LE can't bring Tom back, they can bring a conviction! I wish the wheels of justice moved faster, but if Tom's parents are OK with what LE is doing, then I have confidence as well. Afterall, it's THEIR son!! So you know they want a conviction! And they know more than we know.

Case isn't cold. I can't imagine living with the fear that at any moment my actions were going to come to a streeching halt when LE arrests! Any minute could be the minute! Every day someone is watching you, waiting for that moment to make that arrest. Waiting on results from the lab, or that one tip that solves the case. Nothing is completely hidden. No one is going to hide your secret forever. At some point, you'll pissed off the person that knows the secrets, and then what? They'll go to police with everything, and you'll be left alone! Yup, time on LE's side. They don't have to rush to make an arrest! They're continuing to investigate and gather those pieces to seal a conviction. The stress of that would drive me bonkers!

Seems police have a good working theory on what happened, but not the evidence they feel will hold up in court to get a conviction. While I want someone arrested and charged with Tom's death, I want the right perp, and I want the conviction!

While LE can't bring Tom back, they can bring a conviction! I wish the wheels of justice moved faster, but if Tom's parents are OK with what LE is doing, then I have confidence as well. Afterall, it's THEIR son!! So you know they want a conviction! And they know more than we know.

Case isn't cold. I can't imagine living with the fear that at any moment my actions were going to come to a streeching halt when LE arrests! Any minute could be the minute! Every day someone is watching you, waiting for that moment to make that arrest. Waiting on results from the lab, or that one tip that solves the case. Nothing is completely hidden. No one is going to hide your secret forever. At some point, you'll pissed off the person that knows the secrets, and then what? They'll go to police with everything, and you'll be left alone! Yup, time on LE's side. They don't have to rush to make an arrest! They're continuing to investigate and gather those pieces to seal a conviction. The stress of that would drive me bonkers!

Not necessarily disagreeing with you but the ole' saying "justice delayed is justice denied" comes to mind!
While we wait it out, we have a killer(s) walking about. Just look at the perp in the Jess*ca Chamb*rs case--he may be responsible for another murder months before! Many violent offenders and murderers have numerous offenses so no one is necessarily safe until the murderer(s) put away.

I am hopeful that this case will be solved soon & that justice will be served. The community needs to be safe.

New here; actually my first post. :greetings:

Growing up very close to Fargo (about 20 miles east) & attending/staying @ NDSU for 2 years I decided to dig into TB's case and found this thread. Unfortunately, it seems most people in the "area" (I now reside about 120 miles east of Fargo) have stopped talking about the case.

Having attended my fair share of house-parties 8 years ago on or around campus I have a hard time believing no-one saw him after he left the last house. There were always people walking everywhere at all times of the night, at least that's how it was when I attended.

There are/was just simply too many people out and about.

Someone out there (obviously) knows someone who did it and is keeping their mouth shut. It's only a matter of time until someone slips up and mentions something to the wrong person.....at least I hope.

its just so sad that his so called friends who all must know things have just gone silent.

Well? I've got my fall colors on. Where is everyone?? Looks like we are approaching TWO YEARS??? since this happened?!! I think it's time for the local police to give some more information out. It's quite obvious now that their, 'active investigation' has slowed to a crawl. Where are you all? Let's get some discussion going.

I agree with you 100%.
We need more info from LE in order to help solve this case.
Why are they so against letting the public know. In other cases they do not do that.
Too shocking to know the details of the killing.
We cannot handle the truth.
I think we can so how bout letting us in all more of what you know.

And also this. Many of us living in the area wonder when the FPD, MPD and the State of ND will finally address and admit to the gang problem. Many news articles are afraid to identify the attackers as black or native for fear of retaliation. If you do not actually live in the area like I do, you will have no idea how out of control it has become. http://www.kfyrtv.com/content/news/St-Cloud-mall-stabber-identified-393917471.html

Two years later, search continues for NDSU student's killer

http://www.jamestownsun.com/news/state/4118078-two-years-later-search-continues-ndsu-students-killer

Investigators confirmed last week that they still haven't identified a motive or any persons of interest or suspects. One of Bearson's shoes and his cellphone are still missing. Police have asked for the public's help in finding both items.

Moorhead police have taken the lead in the investigation, with help from Fargo and NDSU police as well as the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension and the FBI. While there isn't a detective dedicated to the investigation full-time, authorities say the case is far from cold.

As recently as August, detectives were conducting interviews and sending away evidence to be processed by the BCA, Moorhead police Lt. Tory Jacobson said, declining to elaborate on these developments.

Jacobson said investigators have explored a number of theories of what led to Bearson's death, but wouldn't say what those are.

"There have been some new theories that were recently discussed and continue to be investigated," he said. "I wouldn't say that there's an agreed-upon theory."

‘It’s A Battle Every Day’: Parents Speak Out On NDSU Student’s Unsolved Murder

As a Catholic school teacher in Sartell for most of her career, September was once filled with excitement for the year ahead for Deb, Tom Bearson’s mother.

“It’s no longer a fun month for me, and obviously for us,” Deb Bearson said. “It’s just that constant pit in your stomach and you just wish it were different.”

However, after their 18-year-old son was killed, September seems different.

“It’s a battle every day,” Greg Bearson said.

You aren't forgotten Thomas!!! Two years.....I really thought this would be solved by now. Hopefully soon, as their is a murderer or murderers walking free, and that needs to change ASAP!

Every time I watch a basketball game I think of Tommy.

I really wish something, ANYTHING would shake loose on this case. I think of Tom and the people missing him often.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustMe196503
Back