NE NE - Chance Englebert, 25, Gering, 6 July 2019 (new father)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Calling a highway a ditch is bizarre JMO
Barrow pit = ditch. as in hold my beer, were about to go in the ditch....
The grassy area next to the highway. the ditch....
"I am ditching it to torrington," walking along the highway in the grassy area off the shoulder however, could Terrytown a location named on his missing flyer be miss interpertaed as Torrington, WY. A town that they would have passed through on the way to Gering???

What I can't understand is why they haven't come up with alternative theories re the water and where the water may have taken him. I still feel strongly that he was overtaken by a quickly rising Platte River and was carried off.

This is my line of thinking as well. I have been looking at the USGS water info from that time. however the problem I am finding is the time of the storm, it has been said from the podcast time of 11 o'clock to Capt. Rodgers quoted as saying signifigant thunderstorm from 9-9:15"

I would also like clarification as to his shoes. One BE is quoted as saying "Old school roper lace up horseshoes, with a horseshoe print on the bottom" but all the missing posters and the first missing article posted in a local paper stated that he was wearing lace up ropers. those are two different shoes. It's a horse person thing. The horseshoe, would have allowed him to golf, cowboy boots, although it can be done, can and do hinder one's golf game.

I think flossing is still very relevant. His call when he said he was walking in a ditch towards Torrington was when he very first left his wife’s grandparents house. So it’s not really relevant to where he was at when he went missing. However Terrytown does have a canal, Owl road, where the dog tracked his scent was near a canal and the river. The flash flood could definitely be related to him being missing. another man who is missing in the area had commented to family members that he planned on going into the river, his vehicle was found parked near the river, but he has never been found.

I looked at the USGS data provided by another poster. The river was at 6.8' and increased to more than 7.4' during this storm from 8pm-midnight. I have also found photos that a local person posted to SM from that night near owl trail and the water if up to the front fender of the car in the photo.

Now I want to know how well he knew the area...

How far is CE's last location (per the search dogs scent) to the WTT stop.??

Brand new to this mystery. I've just read the whole thread here, online articles, and have watched the 2 part (well done) interview of Chance's friend Matt.

Whatever did or didn't happen the day Chance vanished, it sure sounds like major conflict might have been hardwired into his recent enough marriage.

Surface impressions of family can be wildly misleading or inaccurate, but it seems, anyway, that Chance was close to his family? Close enough to
He had just spent a week in a small house in Gering with his in-laws.[/QUOTE]

I have never found a time frame saying how long he had been with the family at the time he went missing....do you have info to support the week time frame??

I looked at the USGS data provided by another poster. The river was at 6.8' and increased to more than 7.4' during this storm from 8pm-midnight. I have also found photos that a local person posted to SM from that night near owl trail and the water if up to the front fender of the car in the photo.

Now I want to know how well he knew the area...

How far is CE's last location (per the search dogs scent) to the WTT stop.??
This is my line of thinking as well. I have been looking at the USGS water info from that time. however the problem I am finding is the time of the storm, it has been said from the podcast time of 11 o'clock to Capt. Rodgers quoted as saying signifigant thunderstorm from 9-9:15"

I would also like clarification as to his shoes. One BE is quoted as saying "Old school roper lace up horseshoes, with a horseshoe print on the bottom" but all the missing posters and the first missing article posted in a local paper stated that he was wearing lace up ropers. those are two different shoes. It's a horse person thing. The horseshoe, would have allowed him to golf, cowboy boots, although it can be done, can and do hinder one's golf game.

I have been able to get clarification on the shoes. CE was wearing Roper brand Horseshoes. NOT lace up Roper brand boots, as had been stated on his last seen wearing description. These Horseshoes are like a healed sneaker. That makes way more sense than golfing in cowboy boots.

Yes, per CE's mother DE this has been looked at by South Dakota LE and has been ruled out to not be involved with the case..
I saw that, but I must say, that is awfully coincidental that the phone showed up when it did. We can't discuss this further because the rest is from social media and there's no MSM link.

I have been able to get clarification on the shoes. CE was wearing Roper brand Horseshoes. NOT lace up Roper brand boots, as had been stated on his last seen wearing description. These Horseshoes are like a healed sneaker. That makes way more sense than golfing in cowboy boots.
I would consider the Roper Horsehoes a hiking boot more than a sneaker.

This is such a baffling case. When Chance originally disappeared, I thought for sure the combo of walking away under bad circumstances/alcohol-fueled impulse plus the bad weather and flooding would result in a tragic, but simple outcome and there would have been resolution quickly. However, the longer this goes on and the more information comes out, I'm starting to question everything and re-thinking my theory. I hope LE has more info than we do, but I'm not so sure.

This is such a baffling case. When Chance originally disappeared, I thought for sure the combo of walking away under bad circumstances/alcohol-fueled impulse plus the bad weather and flooding would result in a tragic, but simple outcome and there would have been resolution quickly. However, the longer this goes on and the more information comes out, I'm starting to question everything and re-thinking my theory. I hope LE has more info than we do, but I'm not so sure.
I'm right there with you. I still believe the storm and the high water played into it...IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024