NE NE - Chance Englebert, 25, Gering, 6 July 2019 (new father)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, yesterday the Lets Start With Chance site deteriorated into the same mess as some of the others.
IDK if it is deserved or not, or warranted at all but it went downhill like an avalanche. Blaming the wife and her family
and some even accused them of murdering Chance.

I think he is in the river.

I've been keeping the Case Archive updated as there is news and when I have permission to post search pics.
The SM sites don't know what I do or how I do it, so they have not given me much permission to share.
That's OK, most times I don't even know why I do this.

Chance Englebert -NE by amanda reckonwith

Unfortunately, yesterday the Lets Start With Chance site deteriorated into the same mess as some of the others.
IDK if it is deserved or not, or warranted at all but it went downhill like an avalanche. Blaming the wife and her family

I noticed that also, but I guess the admins. cleaned it up and deleted and it is now back to the way it was. Thank goodness !!

It did, right after I posted my comment, haha. However, I see why it did, and I don't blame the Admin for blowing up like they did. Sketchy people around, that's for sure.

I've been keeping the Case Archive updated as there is news and when I have permission to post search pics.
The SM sites don't know what I do or how I do it, so they have not given me much permission to share.
That's OK, most times I don't even know why I do this.

Chance Englebert -NE by amanda reckonwith

I’m not seeing anything but ads when I click the link. Any idea what I could be doing wrong?

Last edited:
Is this CYA that's a pretty detailed statement ... Puzzling.

I think so.
They are facing some criticism and people want FBI to step in. Seriously, why have we thought WTT was the last ping now since July?

WTT is 2-3 miles from RGC.

SSE of the Riverview Golf Course is the river.
At the end of Owl Rd (didn't dogs trace him there?) is a rocky crossing when the river is low. It connects to another dirt track on the other side.

Last edited:
I just listened to The Vanished. Some things stand out to me:
-His wife says she is actively looking for him.
-She speaks of him in the present tense.
-She asked his place of employment not to hold his job.
-She had her neighbor remove the phone from her porch.

I have no idea what to make of this.

Last edited:
There must be some information that is known only to a few and not on here, because excellent efforts are being made to find his body.

But, there doesn't seem to be the same level of coordinated effort to find a live Chance, by LE or by private efforts. LE still considers him to be a missing person due to lack of any evidence that he met accident or foul play. And, as an adult, he can walk away and LE is not obliged to actively search, only to respond to tips.

Family and friends and other locals have said that he would never leave his new baby or not be in touch with his mother, but, the high level of stress he has been under the last year may have made him snap, at least momentarily. People do strange things at times.

So out of curiosity...in a standard missing person's case - does law enforcement monitor their SSN for activity? There's been discussion that Chance would need to use it if he can't find work "under the table", but for some reason I thought only P.I.s would be looking for that type of thing. Anyone know?
Not that I've seen. In general, if Social Security's records do not show the individual is deceased, they must presume the individual is alive. They cannot disclose information about a living individual without his or her consent unless that information is required to take an application for benefits.

Not that I've seen. In general, if Social Security's records do not show the individual is deceased, they must presume the individual is alive. They cannot disclose information about a living individual without his or her consent unless that information is required to take an application for benefits.
If an minor child gets benefits, the non-custodial parent's SSN (tax records) will be monitored for income which can be used to offset the cost of the government benefits provided for the child. This can occur at the administrative, not investigative, levels of government.

Also, if a law enforcement agency discovers someone "missing" is alive, they would generally issue a statement that indicating the person is alive, they don't wish to be contacted, and the case is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Merythe