NE NE - Chance Englebert, 25, Gering, 6 July 2019 (new father)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What the argument was about is not known as far as I know. Which is interesting in its own right. As for the friends he called, I would like to know where they are. If they were in Casper, that is over 3 hours away. They may not have been able to just pick up an come get him. The lack of direct information from friends and family (ie media interviews) is odd.

"Baylee (Englebert, CE's wife) said she got word that someone last saw Chance between 9 and 10 p.m. near the small town of Terrytown standing under a tree during a storm.
When the storm passed, the woman said she saw him run toward the North Platte River over a bridge."
Moorcroft man still missing two weeks later

It is unclear where the wife got this information.
The police, directly from the witness, second hand information?

I hope that LE has tracked down the friends that he contacted for a ride. If he called and wanted to be picked up, did he want to be taken back to his in-laws home and his wife or did he want them to come get him and take him back with them to where he lived in Moorcroft, Wyoming. Seems he would have called his wife for a ride if he wanted to go back to her parent's home.
I think he is OK somewhere and as time goes by it becomes harder and harder to come back and face the music.

Sadly, I think he either fell in the water and drowned or foul play. Even self harm is a possibility, depending on what the argument was about. If he was reaching out to friends to give him a ride, he wanted out of there and possibly as far away as possible. Perhaps he felt he couldn't go home.

Did he drive? Why didn't he take his vehicle if he does drive? Or is it possible he was a little intoxicated and didn't want to chance driving?

"Baylee (Englebert, CE's wife) said she got word that someone last saw Chance between 9 and 10 p.m. near the small town of Terrytown standing under a tree during a storm.
When the storm passed, the woman said she saw him run toward the North Platte River over a bridge."

I believe they commented that the sighting under the tree was not him. Let me see if I can find that article.

I believe they commented that the sighting under the tree was not him. Let me see if I can find that article.
Whoops, sorry guys. You're absolutely correct, he wasn't the one standing under a tree. Thanks for catching that! :)

Moorcroft Man Remains Missing After Weekend Search
Baylee also said that someone reported seeing Chance later that night about two miles down the road in Terrytown, standing under a tree during a rainstorm, but video footage has since ruled out that it was him.

Let's try this again. ;)

Saturday, July 6

7:30 p.m. - CE left residence in the 700 block of O Street
7:49 p.m. - Seen walking past Domino’s Pizza in Gering heading toward Scottsbluff
7:51 p.m. - Last seen on video at the intersection of 10th Street and Martha Drive
8:45 p.m. - Last time friends or family members spoke to him. It was possibly at this time that CE told friends he was walking in a ditch toward Torrington and asked them to come pick him up.
9-9:15 p.m. - Significant thunderstorm struck
10:00 p.m. - Phone pinged in the vicinity of Owl Road, south of the Western Travel Terminal convenience store. The data comes from an arc that is a couple of miles long, covering an area encompassing Scotts Bluff National Monument property in Gering to West 25th Street in Scottsbluff.

If Chance wanted to get out of town, back to Moorcroft how else could he do it besides walking (way to long a distance to walk)?
Call a friend, he did once without luck, did he do it again with a positive response?
Are there train routes through Scotts Bluff where the train would slow down enough for him to hop on and leave town?
Did he hitch a ride on a long haul truck?
Are there uninhabited cabins in that nearby national forest that he could have walked to and be holed up in? Someone could be bringing him food.
I believe he is angry and overwhelmed and needed to get away. The only difficulty with that is the longer a person remains away, the harder it is to go back and face family and friends.

She got that information from a local person commenting on her FB page.

If Chance wanted to get out of town, back to Moorcroft how else could he do it besides walking (way to long a distance to walk)?
Call a friend, he did once without luck, did he do it again with a positive response?
Are there train routes through Scotts Bluff where the train would slow down enough for him to hop on and leave town?
Did he hitch a ride on a long haul truck?
Are there uninhabited cabins in that nearby national forest that he could have walked to and be holed up in? Someone could be bringing him food.
I believe he is angry and overwhelmed and needed to get away. The only difficulty with that is the longer a person remains away, the harder it is to go back and face family and friends.

There is a BNSF yard in Alliance which is north of Bridgeport. Not sure but I would think as many BNSF and Union Pacific’s that go through the area, it wouldn’t be hard to jump on one. I’ve heard of people doing that.

I kind of thought that too. His friends were in Torrington (which is just inside Wyoming) or he was telling his friends to meet him in Torrington. Maybe he was going to try to hitch a ride there or something. I just get the feeling that there are plenty of people involved here that are not exactly telling everything they know.
This seems to be the talk amongst many in the community. I'll try to find the link but on youtube Gering police dept does update on chamce with baylee there. It's a must see for yourself to come to your slow conclusion kind of thing

I read an article that he and his wife got into a argument. She went looking for him but couldn't find him. When she called him he told her he was heading towards Kimball. When he called a friend he said he was heading towards Torrington

I read an article that he and his wife got into a argument. She went looking for him but couldn't find him. When she called him he told her he was heading towards Kimball. When he called a friend he said he was heading towards Torrington
Interesting! Do you have a link?
Welcome to websleuths @Faith75 so glad you’re here!

Anytime I hear missing guy near water, my heart sinks. Never turns out good.

I looked at his FB; looks like a great guy. I really hope this is a self imposed “time out”, and he gets back in gear. He has a wife and child waiting on him; something many men would give their right arm for.

I have this niggling feeling this fella might have found himself going down the wrong path. It’s not too late for him to find his way back home. (If he is able). I hope he does.

Amateur speculation and opinion only

An engagement, marriage, new baby, lost job, new job, move to a small town of about 1,000 people away from support of families, visit to in-laws, all in a little more than a year. This is a lot for a young couple to manage.
I am sure there was a lot of advice from family as to what they should do, where they should go, where the best opportunities for jobs and future are. Because that is what families do with all the best intentions but it isn't always received that way.
I hope his walk away is just that, a time to clear his head but I fear with each passing day that may not be the case.
MOO MOO MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member