NE NE - Chance Englebert, 25, Gering, 6 July 2019 (new father)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly, we have many threads where a young fellow has gone in the river. Current and temperature play a big part on when they surface, but it “seems” it’s usually around 4-6 weeks.

Long time. I guess I was thinking a few weeks. I suppose it depends on factors. I hope he is just taking a time out. I really hope he isn't in that river. Why would he have been down there? Pondering, perhaps.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Sadly, we have many threads where a young fellow has gone in the river. Current and temperature play a big part on when they surface, but it “seems” it’s usually around 4-6 weeks.

I'm assuming that LE has discovered when CE last ate and how much he had eaten along with the water temperature and currents of where he possibly went into the river.
I'm also assuming that they will be looking down river as time goes on.

Yeah, I think this is most likely what happened. He may have become so despondent when the friend he called for a ride said no and just said "eff it." :(

Yeah, I think this is most likely what happened. He may have become so despondent when the friend he called for a ride said no and just said "eff it." :(

He was walking in a ditch next to the road according to news reports.
A major storm came through around 9:00-9:15pm according to reports.
It would not be the first time that someone was swept away by water from flash flooding, especially if he was walking in a ditch.

He was walking in a ditch next to the road according to news reports.
A major storm came through around 9:00-9:15pm according to reports.
It would not be the first time that someone was swept away by water from flash flooding, especially if he was walking in a ditch.

True. Just happened where I live (pregnant mama in a car with her son :( )

I'm assuming that LE has discovered when CE last ate and how much he had eaten along with the water temperature and currents of where he possibly went into the river.
I'm also assuming that they will be looking down river as time goes on.
I actually glanced at the water levels of the river at Minatare. I dont know how full it was three weeks ago but there really isn't much of a flow there. Sand barges and very shallow pools. I wonder where the Tri-State dams up? It's deep and swift. Seventy-five miles is it's run.

I actually glanced at the water levels of the river at Minatare. I dont know how full it was three weeks ago but there really isn't much of a flow there. Sand barges and very shallow pools. I wonder where the Tri-State dams up? It's deep and swift. Seventy-five miles is it's run.

I was just quoting a news report from 7/23/2019:

"The North Platte River is not safe to enter at present, according to (Gering PD Captain) Rogers, due to the rapid and unsteady conditions of the river."
Moorcroft Man Remains Missing After Weekend Search

Hey new folks - welcome to Websleuths! This is an great forum because we stick to the facts. I've been a member for 9+ years, and appreciate how our Moderators keep things running smoothly, and with integrity.

When I joined, someone on a thread shared this with me, so thought I'd pass it along. Here are the rules that keep the forum running smooth, and the various do's and don'ts. (No rumors, no talk of psychics, if you state something as fact then share the source link from main street media (MSM), or state something is your opinion.

I found this helpful, and hope you will too!
The Rules

Last edited:
He just doesn't strike me as a man who who would self harm. He does strike me as a man who would say "I've had enough of this *******, I'm outta here !" He has strong interest in rodeos, and car racing, he has a strong circle of friends and even his mother comments on the family's independent kind of life style. He has the work ethic and skills to find a job if he is not tied down to people and place, so I think he has taken off for a while.

He just doesn't strike me as a man who who would self harm. He does strike me as a man who would say "I've had enough of this *******, I'm outta here !" He has strong interest in rodeos, and car racing, he has a strong circle of friends and even his mother comments on the family's independent kind of life style. He has the work ethic and skills to find a job if he is not tied down to people and place, so I think he has taken off for a while.
Praying you are right!

It has been four days since family members have seen or heard from 25-year-old Chance Englebert, a Moorcroft, Wyoming man who was visiting family in Gering Saturday night.

On Tuesday night, family and friends announced they have pooled together $7,800 in reward money to find Chance, and reconnect him with his wife and newborn son.

A total of 16 agencies have been trying to retrace Englebert’s path from Saturday night. Gering Police Captain Jason Rogers says that Chance left a home on O Street around 7 p.m. for a walk. The family says he never returned, but through the investigation the last known location he was seen was walking north on 10th Street near Martha Drive at 7:51 p.m.

Gering Police Chief George Holtus adds that preliminary cell phone data pinpointed his last location in the vicinity of southwest Scottsbluff.

On Monday afternoon, crews set up the Region 22 Emergency Management Mobile Command Unit at the YMCA Trails West Camp, and search teams walked the area up to the Avenue I river bridge.

On Tuesday afternoon, more agencies got involved, and expanded the search area as well. The AirLink helicopter provided aerial support, while more than 50 people from 16 agencies scoured their search area on the ground.

Holthus says they’ve also been in contact with the Moorcroft Police Department to see if Englebert managed to hitch a ride back home.

Search efforts will continue on Wednesday, and police and family members are urging the public to come forward with any information on the whereabouts of Chance Englebert.

Family and friends offering reward to locate Chance Englebert

IMG_1474-789x1024.jpg

How was his day spent July 6th?

Thanks for the old articles. I liked hearing his actual voice in the bull-riding video (2015) Briar Patch posted.

Including the articles in the archive, but I sure wish some news outlet would pick this story up and report again.

Chance Englebert Case Archive:
Chance Englebert -NE by amanda reckonwith

Attachments

• 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    21.6 KB · Views: 19
Thanks for the old articles. I liked hearing his actual voice in the bull-riding video (2015) Briar Patch posted.

Including the articles in the archive, but I sure wish some news outlet would pick this story up and report again.

Chance Englebert Case Archive:
Chance Englebert -NE by amanda reckonwith

Another rodeo video of Chance with a brief interview.

Last edited:
Gering Police investigating report of man missing since Saturday
This is the link to what I posted a couple of days ago.
This article says he told his wife he was walking south toward Kimball but also told friends he was walking toward Torrington.
Kimball is anI-80 truck stop area. Has it been plastered with flyers etc. and has LE looked into camera footage of the area?
Or, since Torrington is NE of Gering do you think he told her that so throw the early searchers off? I haven't read anything that says anybody is looking south toward Kimball
Google Maps
Maybe he hitched a ride south to Kimball.

I think he hitched a ride somewhere if he's alive.
However I do not think he survived the storm and flood.
I guess I just cannot give up the idea he is alive somewhere and will be back when whatever sent him away is resolved in his mind. The alternatives are just too awful.
The distance between Scotts Bluff and Kimball is 45 miles. He could have picked up a ride down and then had the option of a train out of town to Cheyenne or a long haul truck.

Last edited:
This article says he told his wife he was walking south toward Kimball but also told friends he was walking toward Torrington.
Kimball is anI-80 truck stop area. Has it been plastered with flyers etc. and has LE looked into camera footage of the area?
Or, since Torrington is NE of Gering do you think he told her that so throw the early searchers off? I haven't read anything that says anybody is looking south toward Kimball
Google Maps
Maybe he hitched a ride south to Kimball.
He may have told his wife he was walking south but a witness, surveillance video, and phone data have him going the opposite direction.

7:49 p.m. - Seen walking past Domino’s Pizza in Gering heading toward Scottsbluff
7:51 p.m. - Last seen on video at the intersection of 10th Street and Martha Drive
10:00 p.m. - Phone pinged in the vicinity of Owl Road, south of the Western Travel Terminal convenience store. The data comes from an arc that is a couple of miles long, covering an area encompassing Scotts Bluff National Monument property in Gering to West 25th Street in Scottsbluff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rose2024