NE NE - Chance Englebert, 25, Gering, 6 July 2019 (new father)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget the Mike Williams case in FL where he was declared dead in 6 months so his wife at the time could collect insurance...and 20 years later his best friend confessed to a plot with Mike's wife and revealed where his body was - they're both serving time now.
Each state has different rules. Nebraska can be earlier than the 5 years stated in the state laws. The case I mentioned from 2013 was out of Peru, Nebraska and the news articles surrounding that mention court action to declare the woman dead earlier in contrast to the statutes so that leads me to believe that it doesn't happen often.

Each state has different rules. Nebraska can be earlier than the 5 years stated in the state laws. The case I mentioned from 2013 was out of Peru, Nebraska and the news articles surrounding that mention court action to declare the woman dead earlier in contrast to the statutes so that leads me to believe that it doesn't happen often.

Tyler Thomas?

In this age of technology we are still relying on cell phone towers to track a persons location? Is the law enforcement not able to acquire access to his online accounts which constantly keep track of a phones location? Things such as Snapchat and Google Maps (maybe Apple Maps) which maintain a constant trace of someones location. Anyone can check their own Google Maps timeline and see that it shows exactly where you have gone. This is just my two cents being a very technologically thinking person.

In this age of technology we are still relying on cell phone towers to track a persons location? Is the law enforcement not able to acquire access to his online accounts which constantly keep track of a phones location? Things such as Snapchat and Google Maps (maybe Apple Maps) which maintain a constant trace of someones location. Anyone can check their own Google Maps timeline and see that it shows exactly where you have gone. This is just my two cents being a very technologically thinking person.

A person that I am talking with about this case doesn't understand this either. She said it's unbelievable he couldn't have had his iphone location pinpointed, Chance's Mom had access to his phone account.

A person that I am talking with about this case doesn't understand this either. She said it's unbelievable he couldn't have had his iphone location pinpointed, Chance's Mom had access to his phone account.

I have my phone's ability to track me turned off. I am very careful about keeping my movements private. I wonder what his USUAL settings were.

The only time I enable the location to keep track of my movements on my iPhone is when I'm traveling on vacation.
It's fantastic for finding your parked car. Turn on location services/Go to privacy, then elect location services to turn it on. Turn on Show Parked Location. Make sure you "pair" you iPhone to CarPlay or Bluetooth in your car. It's a beautiful thing.

1) Do we know Chance's approximate location when the storm started?
2) Who would have computer modeling software which could generate what might have happened to a person in the area out during the storm and its aftermath?

He also called a friend to come get him.
The time of the storm and his disappearance also coincide.
He called his friend MAtt Miller at 723 pm and the storm wasn’t until about 9 that night. I have copies of the times on Matt’s phone when the calls to and from chance to Matt were made. That’s over an hour after. But Chance already wasn’t answering his phone with in 30 minutes of calling Matt for a ride, Matt called him back and he didn’t answer again. That was the last they talked. Per his phone and phone records.

I’ve said this too about the google maps timeline, but they must be logged into his account for his phone to see that. I’ve been told they didn’t have his account passwords. As far as phone records, they’re floating all over locally now. Seems her family and his gave people records and they shared with the world. So the texts and phone calls from chances phone is out. But I don’t understand why they were able to find Sydney loofe that way but not chance :(

He called his friend MAtt Miller at 723 pm and the storm wasn’t until about 9 that night. I have copies of the times on Matt’s phone when the calls to and from chance to Matt were made. That’s over an hour after. But Chance already wasn’t answering his phone with in 30 minutes of calling Matt for a ride, Matt called him back and he didn’t answer again. That was the last they talked. Per his phone and phone records.
Our timeline shows the last time he spoke w/ friends was 8:45. Maybe he was talking with other people too.(?!!)

What about Tim ? The Texas horseman who finds people. Texas Equsearch? People speak highly of him. Could Matt request help from him?!

The time and the where of his last phone ping has different locations but both had him near the Platte and at around 10:00 pm.

Remember, it would have been dark by this time. He may have been disoriented and/or lost and still a little drunk and certainly dispirited. (and probably wet!)

Hang in there. Don't give up!

Just wondering what others thoughts are regarding the phone info you have seen. I have not seen any of his phone records but from what I’ve read, sounds like his last text to aunt Katie did not quite make sense. I have heard different information regarding his calls after calling Matt. I have heard he didn’t talk to anyone after that and I have heard he did. Does anyone know for sure about that? And what are others thoughts on why he wasn’t answering 30 mins later (after talking to Matt)? Do most think he was already experiencing whatever happened to him? Maybe he was pissed Matt wasn’t coming and didn’t answer because he was mad? Someone else already had his phone? I’m also curious if anyone knows what his phone battery looked like as he left. Did his phone die or was it intentionally shut off?

Sorry for the 100 questions. Just the more i read and the more time passes, I find myself convinced this was definitely foul play. My house was destroyed during the flooding in Nebraska so I know what water can do but I just don’t think he would keep walking if the storm was that threatening that evening. I would imagine most ppl would seek any type of shelter they could until it passed. I did consider the possibility someone hit him with their vehicle and got scared and hid his body. I still think that’s a possibility, although a slim one.

Please correct me if I have anything wrong:
1) There was no communication from Chance during or after the storm which arrived at ~9pm.
2) His phone pinged at ~10pm but we don't know if Chance and his phone were in the same location at that time.
3) Chance had been out all day playing golf with his in-laws. Did his wife pick him up at their house or at the golf course? If Chance did not recharge his phone at his in-laws home or in the car with his wife, it's likely that the battery was not at full capacity.
4) What evidence is there that Chance met with 'foul play' that night?

Chance has been missing 6 months now. New wife, new job, new baby? He didn’t walk away. I suspect foul play.

I know when I use to get angry and walk away, I was so in my head, playing over and over again what went down. I paid little attention to my surroundings. And I certainly didn’t think about my safety. And I’m a girl. I’m betting Chance felt no harm would come to him. I know in ,y anger, I stayed angry and fed on it. IMO

Chance has been missing 6 months now. New wife, new job, new baby? He didn’t walk away. I suspect foul play.

I know when I use to get angry and walk away, I was so in my head, playing over and over again what went down. I paid little attention to my surroundings. And I certainly didn’t think about my safety. And I’m a girl. I’m betting Chance felt no harm would come to him. I know in ,y anger, I stayed angry and fed on it. IMO

I understand and agree with your description of an angry state of mind.

I don't understand the foul play aspect.
At ~9pm a big storm rolled in.
IMO, it's highly unlikely that others were out in the storm, either on foot or in vehicles.

11/27/2019: In updated information on Wednesday, Rogers clarified information involving cell phone data recovered as part of the investigation. Rogers said that Englebert’s cell phone last communicated with a tower near Riverview Golf Course, just west of Scottsbluff. The last time Engelbert’s phone was used had been shortly after 9 p.m.
Gering Police release updated information in Chance Englebert investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members