GUILTY NE - Ismenia Marinero, 45, & son Josue, 5, Omaha, 6 May 2015

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks so much to Queen for letting those of us who couldn't watch know what was discussed. It makes me so, so sad to know that the children were with her when she was murdered. I can't imagine the fear that Josue faced after seeing his mother killed and then being driven to the river by her killer. Ughhhh.

I'm absolutely convinced now the treatment of the children was purely practical - five-year-old killed because he could talk and identify, baby just dumped because there was no need to go to the trouble of killing him.

Heaven only knows why mom was killed.

For some reason I can't "reply" to you Queen Bee. It was absolutely heart wrenching. I am in shock. If I wasn't at work I'd be sobbing my heart out. I'm sure the tears will come once I am safe at home.

This one is heartbreaking. I wonder what the motive was really?! Do do something so evil! At least they found Josue and his little brother survived. So much evil it's hard to grasp.

He said much of what I suspected from comments made by people in the area. The kids witnessed the murder and Josue was thrown in alive. That breaks my heart to think of his fear and confusion. This case is awful. Don Kleine will prosecute to the fullest I assume he usually does a fair job imo, but there is no happiness in any conviction in my mind. These people are ruthless monsters.

Gabriela has children of her own which makes my stomach turn. I still think she was more than an accessory, I think she was the voice in his ear for quite some time feeding the hatred toward Ismenia. I think perhaps she said something like "your mom can never help you financially cause she is so busy w her new life and those babies". I think she was the link to getting him involved w bad people. And I think as he got more wrapped up in her and those people he started to snap. I still think drug use is probable and I think he went nuts and decided she was going to pay for not doing what he wanted. The harassment didn't get him his way, so he upped the ante w the fire and that didn't work. Until eventually he was just going to do the most offensive thing possible to the family. I think this has a lot to do with him being an overgrown child mentally and mad mommy was intolerant of the company he was keeping and refused to support his life style. He sickens me. They both do.

The piece of hope I cling to after looking at that photo of Ismenia and Josue many times and setting the love in their eyes is they went to rest together. It was obvious how she loved that boy and I am sure he was inseparable from her. They couldn't be apart and now they can be together free of the burdens of life. Man this is a hard pill to swallow and I find myself getting choked up again today over this case.

Queen Bee, you continue to go above and beyond.
The thanks button just isn't enough
:crown:

I'm beside myself over the loss. The evil that extinguished these beautiful lights. It is simply too much.

I hope he is adjudicated quickly, and receives the maximum the law will allow. The same goes for anyone who helped him! :tantrum:

:rose: :rose:
:floating: :floating:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prosecutors will seek death penalty in slayings of 5-year-old, mother

Prosecutors will seek the death penalty against the half-brother of the boy found in the Elkhorn River on Monday morning.
Roberto C. Martinez-Marinero, 25, reportedly admitted to authorities that he killed his mother, left his 11-month-old brother in a dumpster in La Vista and then threw his 5-year-old half-brother, Josue, over a guardrail and into the Elkhorn River.

Josue was alive when he was thrown into the river, Douglas County Attorney Don Kleine said.
The boy's body was discovered Monday morning about a mile south of the U.S. Highway 275/West Center Road bridge.

Kleine said two aggravating factors exist that would merit the death penalty under state law: There were multiple slayings, and the killing of Josue was done to eliminate a witness to the slaying of his mom, Jesus Ismenia Marinero.
Martinez-Marinero beat his mother in the face and head with a baseball bat then stabbed her multiple times, Kleine said.

Authorities also are trying to determine the exact role played by Martinez-Marinero's girlfriend, Gabriela Guevara. Guevara has been charged with five counts of being an accessory to the slayings of Ismenia Marinero and Josue.

She reportedly was with Martinez-Marinero at the killing of his mother at their apartment near 20th and Poppleton Avenue.

gg1.jpggg2.jpg

http://www.omaha.com/news/crime/aut...cle_f5066f40-f7f3-11e4-812b-63c0f3453bb9.html

I used to be against death penalty... used to but now, idk

Aww.. man. :( Ghastly. Just for the fear alone, while being thrown into the river to drown, I believe the perps need the DP.
And who is to say that that worthless girlfriend didn't participate in the slaying ? Beaten in the head and face with a bat and then stabbed to death ? I'm also feeling very bad for the emt's , police, and whoever had to deal with the bodies of Ismenia and Josue ; what a horrible job they have.

Again my utmost condolences to the father and surviving family.
Rest forever in peace, Ismenia and little Josue !

There is no hell deep or hot enough for these monsters. :furious:

:moo:

How sickening. I don't care that he turned himself in, what he did to his own mother and siblings is absolutely heartbreaking. And for the girlfriend to go along with it is also disgusting. I hope they both get what they deserve and I hope they never forget what they did.

Still alive when thrown into the river. That is a hard one to take.

If he gets the DP I think they should tie some bricks to this and stand him up on the very same bridge he thru Josue off of. Then club him in the head with a bat until he falls in. Sell tickets for anyone that wants to watch the worthless piece of $$*& try and swim his way to shore and give the ticket proceeds to little Angel.

I'm thankful that little Angel is young enough that he won't remember any of this when he gets older. He will be spared the nightmares he most certainly would have or the mental problems he might develop later in life, from seeing his mother killed in front of him.

Still alive when thrown into the river, OMG no!! That's not what I wanted to hear, the poor baby. Please say he was at least unconscious. Conscious is an unbearable thought :(

I really want to know more about why this happened. It's just horrifying. Didn't I read somewhere that there's another older son in his 20s? If so, he'll need prayers and support, too. So sad and unnecessary. I am glad these two can't hurt anyone else at least.

I was 25 when my half-sister was born. She is 2 now and I can say without hesitation that I have not once been jealous of her. What kind of an adult is JEALOUS of a baby?!?!

I was. I was 22 when she came to live with us (she was 4). It was weird going being the sole child for so long to an older sister. It felt weird hearing my parents referring to her with the names that had solely been used for me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BanPokies1
Back