NE NE - Jason Jolkowski -19 - Omaha - 13 Jun 2001 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Is this the video by detectivegotcha?
Hi RiddarX! I believe detectivegotcha was going to record a current walk through Jason's neighborhood. I'm not sure when this YouTube was recorded, but it's actually like a Missing Persons' episode....I do remember having watched it. Hopefully detectivegotcha will have some time to do a current walk-through video so we can view the area as it is today. Fingers crossed!

It all comes down to whether you believe Jason was targeted randomly or not. I'm firmly in the latter camp. If the abduction was random, then it was made extra random by the change to Jason's shift, as only a handful of people knew his movements that morning. It would be unusual for someone to look out of their window, see a 6 foot dude walking past and abduct him on the spot. However, if Jason visited someone in the neighbourhood, then it makes sense why Jason originally volunteered to walk all the way to Fazoli's, then volunteered to meet at the school when offered a ride from his coworker. He knew he had somewhere to go first, albeit briefly. It would also have to be someone who was confident that no one else knew Jason would come there. It was Kelly's opinion that Jason chose Benson High because he was bad at directions, not necessarily the truth.

As far as I know, the Ashland skull has been looked at quite a bit. Here is one article: Human skull found in Salt Creek remains unidentified However, we could always send another query to the investigators. I think we should write and even mention we are still awaiting word re. if the skull could be JJs, as they seem to have excluded a few others. There doesnt seem to be an email to write to re. the Ashland case on Namus, although there is a phone number. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Any Americans here willing to call in? :)

This past Summer there's been some new developments in the case of Branson Perry- a case I always felt was similar to Jason's since they were the same age and happened only a couple months apart. Supposedly he disappeared in front of his house while walking over to his shed to put away cables. Well now it's come out that he was actually last seen at a drug house 7 miles away, and that his death was very likely drug related and caused by the people who lived at that house. This reiterates my belief that 19/20 year olds don't just disappear for no reason. It also makes me believe that Jason could have also likely been at another residence that morning, just as Branson was. NOT saying it was drug related, but for any reason at all. It just so happens that nobody witnessed it.

It all comes down to whether you believe Jason was targeted randomly or not. I'm firmly in the latter camp. If the abduction was random, then it was made extra random by the change to Jason's shift, as only a handful of people knew his movements that morning. It would be unusual for someone to look out of their window, see a 6 foot dude walking past and abduct him on the spot. However, if Jason visited someone in the neighbourhood, then it makes sense why Jason originally volunteered to walk all the way to Fazoli's, then volunteered to meet at the school when offered a ride from his coworker. He knew he had somewhere to go first, albeit briefly. It would also have to be someone who was confident that no one else knew Jason would come there. It was Kelly's opinion that Jason chose Benson High because he was bad at directions, not necessarily the truth.
While I do believe JJ was targeted and this wasnt a random event, I do think JJ meeting the coworker at the school was due to easier for both of them to meet there. I know people and I'm one of them, lol, who are not good at giving directions and remembering street names nearby. However, it did serve another purpose, to make a quick stop along the way! I think the coworker, who was questioned extensively from all reports, was the one to tell investigators JJ's reasoning for meeting at the school. JMO.

Last edited:
This past Summer there's been some new developments in the case of Branson Perry- a case I always felt was similar to Jason's since they were the same age and happened only a couple months apart. Suppoedly he disappeared in front of his house while walking over to his shed to put away from cables. Well now it's come out that he was actually last seen at a drug house 7 miles away, and that his death was very likely drug related and caused by the people who lived at that house. This reiterates my belief that 19/20 year olds don't just disappear for no reason. It also makes me believe that Jason could have also likely been at another residence that morning, just as Branson was. NOT saying it was drug related, but for any reason at all. It just so happens that nobody witnessed it.
I see you came here just when I did, and Im speechless to read this latest development! How on earth did the narrative change so drastically I wonder!? Do you have anywhere to read about this? Interesting. No, I dont think JJ's disappearance is drug related too, unless he witnessed something he shouldn't have at some point.

I see you came here just when I did, and Im speechless to read this latest development! How on earth did the narrative change so drastically I wonder!? Do you have anywhere to read about this? Interesting. No, I dont think JJ's disappearance is drug related too, unless he witnessed something he shouldn't have at some point.
There was a recent post about it on R d d i t ( not sure we can mention the site here?). Then when I googled it there was an article from May 2024 that the police were searching a house in Quitman. The owner of the house (main POI) died in 2018. The son lives there now.

There was a recent post about it on R d d i t ( not sure we can mention the site here?). Then when I googled it there was an article from May 2024 that the police were searching a house in Quitman. The owner of the house (main POI) died in 2018. The son lives there now.
Ok thanks! Not sure either re. "R." I will go take a look.

This past Summer there's been some new developments in the case of Branson Perry- a case I always felt was similar to Jason's since they were the same age and happened only a couple months apart. Supposedly he disappeared in front of his house while walking over to his shed to put away cables. Well now it's come out that he was actually last seen at a drug house 7 miles away, and that his death was very likely drug related and caused by the people who lived at that house. This reiterates my belief that 19/20 year olds don't just disappear for no reason. It also makes me believe that Jason could have also likely been at another residence that morning, just as Branson was. NOT saying it was drug related, but for any reason at all. It just so happens that nobody witnessed it.
The case of Branson Perry has been one of those crazy mysteries... As far as I remember there was a young woman helping Branson with making order in the house. I don't understand, how Brandon got to that house, which was 7 miles away from his home. Sorry, this has nothing to do with Jason's case, but here we can see that something surprising can turn out even after many years.

I really don't believe that JJ had any kind of ulterior motive in having the co-worker meeting him at the H.S. Remember, 2001 was before the days of GPS/Smart-phones/etc. & people couldn't easily find unfamiliar locations. And, I can tell you that getting lost & driving all over the place trying to find the exact spot you're looking for can be an extremely time-consuming waste of time. So, I suspect that his main reason for doing this was to expedite things. I.e., he probably correctly thought that it would be easier for them both to just meet at a common, known location vs. meeting at his home.

That all being said - did walking to the school mean that he could make a very quick stop to someone's house along the way for some unknown (to us) reason?! It's possible. As I mentioned in earlier posts, IMHO it would have behooved the investigation if his computer & phone records were checked - specifically the past several months leading up to his vanishing. AFAIK, we don't know whether or not this was done.

Again, I'm torn as to whether JJ's disappearance is connected to a house or a car along the way to the H.S. If it was a car, it's very possible the driver(s) was someone he knew that offered to take him to the H.S.

This came up in my newsfeed today.

I do not know if it’s something we can leverage or not.

A while back I saw where Omaha hired a young researcher who using her social media expertise helped clear several cases and they planed to find her two more interns. I’ve never found any info on this project since. Might be a group we can leverage. I would have to believe they are familiar with Webslueths.

I wonder why Jason isn't listed on that Cold Case page.
Those are all confirmed homicides with bodies present. Technically with Jason there's no real proof that a crime even happened at all since there's been no evidence to point in any direction and no body found. Best guess is that it was in fact a homicide, but I don't think they can legally declare it as such.

Could the cash that Jason had on his person somehow be linked to his disappearance? Is it possible that he decided to make a quick stop on his way to the high school to purchase something and ran into foul play?

Possible. AFAIK, it's not 100% clear how much cash JJ supposedly had on his person when he left that day. I'm actually not sure where this info. even came from. Did he tell his brother/parents that he was going to take $50-$60 in cash with him when he went to work?! I.e., this info. may just be anecdotal.

If he was actually carrying that much, I agree it's a lot to have on you - for that era especially.

These days, almost no one carries any cash anywhere.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor
Back