NE NE - Jason Jolkowski, 19, Omaha, 13 June 2001 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. I am in the midst of writing a story about the event which will be coupled with photos. It was a wonderful and sorrowful day, all at the same time.

Kelly

A Project Jason Brief:

Wednesday, May 25th is National Missing Children’s Day as established by President Reagan in 1983. This serves as an annual reminder to the nation to renew efforts to reunite missing children with their families and make child protection a national priority. National Missing Children’s Day is a reminder to all parents and guardians of the need for high-quality photographs of their children for use in case of an emergency, and for the need for everyone to pay close attention to the posters and photographs of missing children.

Project Jason is going to the heart of the city for National Missing Children’s Day, and will be at the Omaha OIC at 2724 N 24th St. From 3-7pm, representatives will do free fingerprinting, give away Personal ID Kits, safety brochures, and the Adopt a Missing Person program will be available. Participating children will receive a free balloon.

Jason's Law, LB111, is up for third round debate on National Missing Children's Day. If it passes this round, it will be sent to the governor to sign. He can veto it, but a preliminary check on his thoughts about the bill were positive.

After arriving home from our National Missing Children's Day event, we found out that LB111, Jason's Law, has passed the third and final round of debate. It now will be sent to the Governor to sign or veto. We do not know how long it will take for this final process, but what we do know is that is that we are very pleased that if anyone in the State of Nebraska becomes missing, at least they will now have more of a fighting chance to be found.

Many blessings,
Kelly

Kelly said:
After arriving home from our National Missing Children's Day event, we found out that LB111, Jason's Law, has passed the third and final round of debate. It now will be sent to the Governor to sign or veto. We do not know how long it will take for this final process, but what we do know is that is that we are very pleased that if anyone in the State of Nebraska becomes missing, at least they will now have more of a fighting chance to be found.

Many blessings,
Kelly

Great News!!!!!! Prayers for the signature .... and that it comes soon!

Kelly said:

Many blessings,
Kelly
Congrats!! You have worked hard for this day...

Blessings and prayers,
~frisco

http://www.syracuse.com

Cyclists turn attention to missing youngsters

Nebraska mom among 288 riders who stop at schools to focus on keeping children safe

Saturday, May 21, 2005

By Tom Leo
Staff Writer

Kelly Jolkowski says that most people do not know what its like to have a missing loved one.

They have no clue that approximately 2,000 children a day disappear in the United States.

"Awareness is the issue," said Jolkowski, whose son, Jason, has been missing since June 13, 2001, when Jason was 19.

Kelly Jolkowski, from Omaha, NE, was one of 288 cyclists who participated Friday in the Ride for Missing Children CNY, sponsored by the Mohawk Valley office of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children in Utica.

The 100-mile ride began in Oneida and went through Chittenango, Syracuse, Liverpool and Cicero before ending in New Hartford. The ride was created to raise awareness about children's safety. That's why riders stopped at about 60 schools along their journey, delivering their message of what youngsters can do to stay safe, said Frank Williams, the ride's chairman.

The riders stopped at Nate Perry Elementary School in the Liverpool school district for lunch and were greeted by about 400 cheering pupils.

Sixth-grader Libby Nowakowski, 12, of Salina, watched the riders come in for the second consecutive year. Nowakowski had her picture taken at last year's event and was chosen as the poster child for 2005. Her picture has been distributed on 14 million to 15 million posters throughout New York state, said her father, Ken.

"This is areally important event because a lot of people need to be saved and protected," Libby Nowakowski said.

Each cyclist who participated Friday was nominated by schools or community service organizations. The riders each raised $500 for the Utica office to make posters for missing children. The work of the Mohawk Valley group has helped lead to the recovery of 664 children, a majority of whom were found alive, Williams said.

Geraldine Rogers, 43, of Verona, has ridden in the event for the last four years. She said she had a 4-year-old playmate abducted and murdered in the early 1960s.

Jolkowski said there is no evidence her son was abducted or that he ran away. The last time Jason was seen was in his family driveway, waiting to be picked up by a co-worker to go to work.

Jolkowski has started "Project Jason" - an organization in Omaha named after her son. She travels around the country, promoting children's safety issues and the cause to find missing children.

"A day like this helps me," Jolkowski said. "It gives me hope because I know there are people out there who want to help, and are helping."

Jason’s Law, LB111, was passed by the Nebraska State Legislature by a vote of 47-0 on Wednesday, May 25th, National Missing Children’s Day.

It was signed into law by Governor Dave Heineman on Tuesday, May 31st.

Jason’s Law will take effect on September 3rd, 2005.

We worked on this for three years and never gave up. Now all missing persons, regardless of age, in Nebraska will have a better chance of being found and reunited with their families.

Thank you for your support.

Kelly Jolkowski
President and Founder, Project Jason

Kelly said:
Jason’s Law, LB111, was passed by the Nebraska State Legislature by a vote of 47-0 on Wednesday, May 25th, National Missing Children’s Day.

We worked on this for three years and never gave up. Now all missing persons, regardless of age, in Nebraska will have a better chance of being found and reunited with their families.

Kelly Jolkowski
Dear Kelly,

I thank God that in spite of your heartache and grief that you chose to help others.......thanks to your dedication and the understanding of your legislators other families will not have to endure the frustrations that so many families of the missing have experienced.

Thanks be to God, to you and to all who worked to make this happen.

Kelly said:

Kelly Jolkowski

Congratulations Kelly..... this is a huge giant step !!! God Bless You..
You are in my prayers...

Gabs

Congratulations Kelly!
Your work continues to help people more than you know.
You are an angel.

Blessings,
JJJJ

Thank you, everyone. Perhaps I am still in shock that this has finally happenned. It will sink in. :) We just know that at least the future Jasons and Mauras will have more help here, as they should. We will continue to guide these families and do what LE cannot. I will be contact the State Patrol soon to offer my assistance in any way needed to work on the implementation of the new law.

With hope for all of our missing loved ones,
Kelly

This is wonderful news, Kelly. I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors and my heartfelt prayers go out to you and your family always.

Congratulations, Kelly. Prayers for you and your family as you approach the 4-year anniversary.

Wonderful news, Kelly!!

You are an inspiration, fighting so hard for what you believe in, and making true changes. You should be so proud of yourself!

My Heart & Prayers are with you and your family, always.

My thoughts and prayers are with the Jolkowski family on this day and every other. Thank you Kelly for all that you do.

Prayers and candles were lit in church yesterday ... May God be with each of you, Kelly and family, Jason where ever you are....

Thanks for making a difference to those who also have family and friends who are missing.....

May God grant you strength --- and many blessings.....and may you soon have Jason back home with you.

Kelly,

sending my love and prayers for all of your family..........waiting upon God for answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mel M