NE NE - Jason Jolkowski, 19, Omaha, 13 June 2001 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This bothers me for the same above reasons - there isn't even anything to speculate on. The only thing I can come up with is that some peers from school did something, a group of boys he didn't get along with happened to cross paths with him while cruising around. Maybe the "jocks" or maybe the "bad boys". If this is the case then it would be a group and most likely one day someone will start talking.

I don't understand how an 18 year old boy can disappear out of a residential neighborhood, in broad daylight in the middle of the day. If Jason had been a girl I would believe it was an abduction by a sex predator (I guess it could still be possible in his case). However since he was a guy I'm more inclined to believe it was a hit and run, a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time and witnessing something he shouldn't have, or as Claudette said, perhaps a group of kids his age did something, either accidental or foul play. I just don't understand how nobody saw anything.

Jason and I have the same birthday...we're just a year apart. He sounded like such a nice young man.

I don't understand how an 18 year old boy can disappear out of a residential neighborhood, in broad daylight in the middle of the day. If Jason had been a girl I would believe it was an abduction by a sex predator (I guess it could still be possible in his case). However since he was a guy I'm more inclined to believe it was a hit and run, a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time and witnessing something he shouldn't have, or as Claudette said, perhaps a group of kids his age did something, either accidental or foul play. I just don't understand how nobody saw anything.

Jason and I have the same birthday...we're just a year apart. He sounded like such a nice young man.

It seems unlikely but, I don't know if you've lived in suburbs ever, even in the middle of my summer people are rarely in front of their houses or driving around. I live in a Chicago burb right on the border of the city. There's always people out walking dogs, jogging, riding bikes, but not that many. A significant amount of time could pass on my street without anyone going by or looking out their window. I think about this every time I drive down it, I am always the only one out on the street.

Jason's case has always baffled me. I lived in the Omaha/C.B, IA area from 2004-2007 and its a gorgeous place to live, I would love to move back one day. When I first learned about Jason's case I googled his name but every story I read is the same, it seems like LE has never had much to go on to really pinpoint remotely what happened to Jason. Some of the theories I have read on here are logical imo, like it could have been a hit and run. But my question is, if it was a hit and run, why take Jason? Why not just leave him there? And surely if this was the case, wouldn't the neighbors have seen or heard some type of commotion going on outside? Jason went missing in Benson, a part of Omaha, and if I am not mistaken, it's a pretty suburban area, so I think everyone needs to go out and re-awaken Jason's case and interview those who lived in Jasons neighborhood the day he went missing. Plus, it was summer time, and I'm assuming a beautiful day to be outside doing yard work, walkings dogs, children playing, and that's what gets me, I cannot believe NO ONE saw anything? It doesn't make sense. I really pray that Jason is brought home to his family and that they can have closure.

Jason's case has always baffled me. I lived in the Omaha/C.B, IA area from 2004-2007 and its a gorgeous place to live, I would love to move back one day. When I first learned about Jason's case I googled his name but every story I read is the same, it seems like LE has never had much to go on to really pinpoint remotely what happened to Jason. Some of the theories I have read on here are logical imo, like it could have been a hit and run. But my question is, if it was a hit and run, why take Jason? Why not just leave him there? And surely if this was the case, wouldn't the neighbors have seen or heard some type of commotion going on outside? Jason went missing in Benson, a part of Omaha, and if I am not mistaken, it's a pretty suburban area, so I think everyone needs to go out and re-awaken Jason's case and interview those who lived in Jasons neighborhood the day he went missing. Plus, it was summer time, and I'm assuming a beautiful day to be outside doing yard work, walkings dogs, children playing, and that's what gets me, I cannot believe NO ONE saw anything? It doesn't make sense. I really pray that Jason is brought home to his family and that they can have closure.

Hit and run is probably the most likely scenario we have here. My thought though is the possibility that because it was trash day, if say, a garbage collection unit was to accidentally knock him down and Jason died as a result, it would be an easy thing to hide the body at that point.
Heck, only one person would have to even know about it.
Only reason I even speculate on this one is that Jason had just brought up the garbage cans, so the trash pickup was going that day for sure.
I don't know for sure and I hate to lean in that direction but I suppose I would check it out if possible.
Who was on the routes that day? Did anyone act differently? Anyone remember anything strange?

Bumping for Jason! I am just wondering, has all info.by OPD been released? Perhaps if more information was released that might help jog someone's memory that day in the neighborhood.

Bumping for Jason to be brought home soon to his family.

Jason Jolkowski was 19 years old on June 13, 2001, the day he disappeared in Omaha, Neb. Jolkowski, an employee at a local restaurant, received a call from his boss that morning and was asked to come in early. Jolkowski's car was in the shop so he arranged to meet a coworker at Benson High School, only seven blocks from his home. It is believed that Jolkowski got dressed in his work uniform and then set off for the school. Somewhere along the way Jason vanished without a trace. Jolkowski's mother, Kelly Jolkowski, has since founded Project Jason, a nonprofit organization created to assist the families of missing adults and children. For more information, visit Projectjason.org.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...ing_n_2076317.html?ncid=webmail3#slide=561344

Seriously, we need to take a good look at this from 3 points of view for just a moment.

Suicide = Extremely unlikely, though only a handful could truly know his state of mind at the time. But from all reports, just wasn't in that state of mind. Starting new job and all.

Someone harmed him = Probably the most likely, whether accidental or not.
If this was the case, what could have happened to him?
I've said before accident, but as stated by Mrs. Jolkowski, the road traveled on was very light, and someone should have seen him. Of course there are accidents.
Gang activity? Anyone know the area well enough to say yay or nay on that?
Drug? Same as above? I know from all stated that Jason wasn't involved in those things, but could someone have tried to push it on him, ending badly?

Any other possibilities in this category?

Walked away = No one saw anything at all? If something happened to him to be taken to a hospital, I believe he had ID on him...
Here you have a young man who wanted to be a DJ... did he just mean to get away for a while??? Bear in mind I don't think this is what happened... (I think accident) but I don't know... what do you think? What kind of turmoil does a person have to be going through? Difference in opinion on religion with the family?

All simply questions. Just been thinking about all of this lately.

Seriously, we need to take a good look at this from 3 points of view for just a moment.

Suicide = Extremely unlikely, though only a handful could truly know his state of mind at the time. But from all reports, just wasn't in that state of mind. Starting new job and all.

Someone harmed him = Probably the most likely, whether accidental or not.
If this was the case, what could have happened to him?
I've said before accident, but as stated by Mrs. Jolkowski, the road traveled on was very light, and someone should have seen him. Of course there are accidents.
Gang activity? Anyone know the area well enough to say yay or nay on that?
Drug? Same as above? I know from all stated that Jason wasn't involved in those things, but could someone have tried to push it on him, ending badly?

Any other possibilities in this category?

Walked away = No one saw anything at all? If something happened to him to be taken to a hospital, I believe he had ID on him...
Here you have a young man who wanted to be a DJ... did he just mean to get away for a while??? Bear in mind I don't think this is what happened... (I think accident) but I don't know... what do you think? What kind of turmoil does a person have to be going through? Difference in opinion on religion with the family?

All simply questions. Just been thinking about all of this lately.

Just quoting in case someone missed it. Like to get a conversation started on this one.

On another note, just caught a video on youtube about Jason, where his mother was speaking her thoughts on the whole situation. If I'm understanding it right, Jason had some classy taste in music. His favorite song was "500 Miles" by The Proclaimers. Awesome duo... anyone?
Also by them... "I'm on My Way". Brilliant
Puts a whole lot of humanity on him.

:bump: for Jason and his loved ones . . . Jason disappeared 12 years ago this week. :(

Snipped:

Jolkowski has never been heard from again. He left $650 behind in his bank account, which has not been touched since his disappearance. He has not cashed any of his paychecks, used his cellular phone or automatic teller machine (ATM) card, or picked up his car from the auto repair shop since his disappearance.

7l1X3Vp.jpg

Jason Anthony Jolkowski

has anyone interviewed his close high school friends? was anyone out to hurt him for any reason? was there any gossip about possibly "getting him back" for something?

For me, I would not go with a hit-and-run, running away scenario, suicide, or such. Mr. Jolkowski disappeared along the route...so, my first line of enquiry would be, who lived at that time in the different homes along the most probable route he took? Who might have fit a loose profile of a child abductor, and I say child because Mr. Jolkowski looked youngish in his photo. A loose profile of a male abductor. Who may not have fit in, exactly? Was there anyone who may have moved or picked up and left shortly afterwards? Who may have appeared well-off? Who may have had a shady background or shady connections? Who may have had experience in this area before? Most likely an abduction and likely a very fast one due to no witnesses (or no witnesses coming forward yet at this time)...who lived along the route and who may have wanted to abduct a child that day? Someone who either quickly grabbed him and forced him to quickly go into a home, or who lured him in by perhaps asking him if he'd help him with a quick task.

This is such an intriguing case, as there seems to be almost no evidence at all! I've just started reading about this one so forgive me if my comments appear silly to someone more familiar with the case:

Whoever mentioned the possibility of some sort of hit-and-run involving a garbage truck...I think that is worth looking into! I wonder, did police ever speak with the garbage truck drivers who did the route that day?

The Charley Project mentioned Jason had some speech/language disabilities. He also appears to have been a helpful, nice, friendly guy -- even from his photos you can just tell he is a friendly person! I wonder...was he ever a victim of any sort of bullying at school? Sometimes bullies will pick on the "nice kids" very severely. I would be very interested in what was going on at Jason's school at the time...any kids known for being bullies, any kids known for harassing others, etc.

I agree Nova. I am pretty Jason was a very nice and caring young man and if a neighborly person that he may or may not have been familiar with asked for assistance with something and that neighbor did something to him, we may never know. I am sure this has been asked, were the neighbors/sex offenders in the area every looked into and or questioned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauriedries23456!