NE NE - Jason Jolkowski, 19, Omaha, 13 June 2001 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
DOTR, do you think Jason's case may be related to the Sherman disappearance? I know this has already been discussed,but curious to know your thoughts.

You never know, one teen has family that never stopped searching, and the other, is seemingly overlooked.
Especially since SS's disappearance is almost conspicuous because of the absence of information.
Stranger coincidences have happened, but similarities in age, neighbourhood proximity and timing are interesting.

At the risk of repeating myself, I do think Samuel Sherman could be the key to this case or a complete red herring, either way it would be good to know. Surely the police who investigated Jason's disappearance aren't ignorant of the similarities between the two cases? You would've thought they would take any lead they could get their hands on.

At the risk of repeating myself, I do think Samuel Sherman could be the key to this case or a complete red herring, either way it would be good to know. Surely the police who investigated Jason's disappearance aren't ignorant of the similarities between the two cases? You would've thought they would take any lead they could get their hands on.
As I said in an earlier post, I really don't think Samuel Sherman exists to be honest. I refuse to believe that a missing person case so similar to Jason's, within a month AND only a couple blocks away, got no media attention. I feel like the Sherman case was just a prank perpetrated by someone who either wanted to ride the fame of Jason's case or was trying to lead cops on a wild goose chase to distract from Jason's case.

As I said in an earlier post, I really don't think Samuel Sherman exists to be honest. I refuse to believe that a missing person case so similar to Jason's, within a month AND only a couple blocks away, got no media attention. I feel like the Sherman case was just a prank perpetrated by someone who either wanted to ride the fame of Jason's case or was trying to lead cops on a wild goose chase to distract from Jason's case.

That's a pretty interesting way of looking at things. I had never thought of him not even existing. I thought maybe he was a bit of a nomad. Maybe he was just living his life and didn't even know he was "missing." May his disappearance does have something to do with Jason's. But never that it was just a prank.

That's a pretty interesting way of looking at things. I had never thought of him not even existing. I thought maybe he was a bit of a nomad. Maybe he was just living his life and didn't even know he was "missing." May his disappearance does have something to do with Jason's. But never that it was just a prank.
At first I suggested he was a nomad too, but the fact that there is no evidence of him anywhere is suspicious. I mean, someone had to call him in missing, and can't provide any info about him? And the fact that despite having been at a job interview the day he went missing, the police couldn't track down any resume info about him either?

At first I suggested he was a nomad too, but the fact that there is no evidence of him anywhere is suspicious. I mean, someone had to call him in missing, and can't provide any info about him? And the fact that despite having been at a job interview the day he went missing, the police couldn't track down any resume info about him either?

Yeah it's strange to say the least. That would have provided them with previous work addresses/contact numbers etc. Either this was a really poorly worked case, it hasn't been updated or he never existed. I wonder what the PD would say if they were called about this.

I am pretty sure there is no Samuel Sherman, he simply does not exist. Strange are only the circumstances that he "disappeared" so shortly after Jason. Can't we ask the police department where the report was made about him being missing? They should know who reported him missing.

Not too sure about that, Matthew.

I found another missing person case from the Omaha area. Think it was a few months after Jason went missing. It was a 23 year-old girl, she was last seen leaving with a friend and was never heard from again. Can't remember the name off the top of my head, but this case had little press and no profile picture either. For whatever reason, some cases are just underreported. It's possible Samuel Sherman was a transient who was crashing in Omaha while he looked for work. If there's no family or friends to keep his name in the spotlight he's bound to fade into obscurity.

Not too sure about that, Matthew.

I found another missing person case from the Omaha area. Think it was a few months after Jason went missing. It was a 23 year-old girl, she was last seen leaving with a friend and was never heard from again. Can't remember the name off the top of my head, but this case had little press and no profile picture either. For whatever reason, some cases are just underreported. It's possible Samuel Sherman was a transient who was crashing in Omaha while he looked for work. If there's no family or friends to keep his name in the spotlight he's bound to fade into obscurity.

Well if that's the case then the police work in Omaha is abysmal. I'm still just curious about who then reported him missing. If he was a transient he must have been in contact with at lest ONE person during his stay, the one person I assume reported him missing. Just makes no sense to me. As for the 23 year old girl case, I agree many cases don't get a lot of coverage, even today. But the fact that this guy was the same age and had way too eerie confidences to Jason makes it seem it should be more important.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well if that's the case then the police work in Omaha is abysmal. I'm still just curious about who then reported him missing. If he was a transient he must have been in contact with at lest ONE person during his stay, the one person I assume reported him missing. Just makes no sense to me. As for the 23 year old girl case, I agree many cases don't get a lot of coverage, even today. But the fact that this guy was the same age and had way too eerie confidences to Jason makes it seem it should be more important.

If Samuel was lodging with strangers, there wouldn't necessarily be a lot of information at hand. They'd only have his vitals and the fact that he was going for a job interview. They were probably the ones who reported him missing and the police didn't follow it up because he was a transient. Although, we should acknowledge that we don't know what the police have on Samuel's disappearance. They might well be withholding information because of a possible connection to Jason, but I doubt it.

Wasn't Kelly Jolkowski asked about the Samuel Sherman case recently? If I recall, she was none the wiser about him?

I think Jason was targeted by an older male. A John Wayne Gacy type killer who had a passion for young males. Perhaps someone in authority within the neighbourhood or someone that Jason worked for. It's curious that both Jason and Samuel vanished under work-related circumstances.

As I was doing a bit of research... does not mean anything is really valuable, but you never know...

1. Perry Branson, vanished without a trace 2 hours next to Omaha on April 2001.

Comparing Samuel Sherman, Perry Branson and Jason Jolkowski:

Jason:

• Jason disappearead while he went to the school/work, getting picked up there.
  • Disapperead on June 2001.
  • 19 years old
  • brown hair, brown eyes
  • Height: 6.1
  • Weight: 160-165 pounds

Perry:

• Perry was was unemployed at the time
  • Disapperead on April 2001.
  • 20 years old
  • blond, blue eyes
  • Height: 5.9
  • Weight: 155 pounds
  • Perry went outside to put some jumper cables in a shed and was expected to be right back but he never returned.

Samuel:

• Samuel disappearead while he went to a job interview.
  • Disapperead on July 2001.
  • 19 years old
  • blond, blue eyes
  • Height: 5.7
  • Weight: 160 pounds

Thats strange. Everyone got the same age, nearly the same body characteristics and everyone vanished months between each other. And could Perry be Samuel???

2. On the same day Jason vanished, Jeremy Sheets was released from the prison in Lincoln, Nebraska, 57 minutes away from Omaha. Jeremy was being arrested for kidnapping some girl in the 90s. Not saying that this has anything todo with Jason's or Samuels case but that is just a very stupid fact that he got released the same day Jason vanished.

3. There are so many sex offenders registered in Omaha and even near Bedford Street. I googled a couple and some are terrific, but I do not want to name anyone here...

Wasn't Kelly Jolkowski asked about the Samuel Sherman case recently? If I recall, she was none the wiser about him?

She was asked in the Unfound podcast from September 2016. She did not know anything which we did not already know.

I cannot remember where I read it, but she did not even know about Samuel Sherman until at least 10 years after Jason disappeared.

I'm curious if the police/search teams looked in sewers for the body. I noticed just on the path he would have taken to school that there were several sewer grates and a couple of manholes. If he was abducted and then murdered, he could have been subsequently thrown into the sewer to get rid of the evidence. He probably would have needed to be cut up first. Not sure what the wildlife is like in Omaha, but by me we have raccoons that hang out in our sewer grates. If there are rats and racoons in the sewer grates they could have eaten some of his remains. Apologies for the graphic idea

[video=youtube;VqwAjNLEunI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqwAjNLEunI[/video]

Just watching this clip of his parents on the Montell williams show from the way they describe the last sightings of him both from the neighbours and his brother it doesn't even seem like he started the walk to the school at all. If he was picked up or abducted it must have been directly from his house. If two neighbours spotted him taking in the trash cans it shows that that neighbourhood does have people around at that time of the day looking out of their windows, attending to their gardens or whatever. It just doesn't seem possible that he would not have spotted by at least one neighbour in streets lined with houses had he started the walk.

Thats strange. Everyone got the same age, nearly the same body characteristics and everyone vanished months between each other. And could Perry be Samuel???.

Personally, I don't think Perry Branson's disappearance is linked to Jason or Samuel's. From what I've read up on it, there was rumoured to be drugs involved. I think that makes sense. Perry makes an excuse to leave (i.e. grabbing some jumper cables from the shed) but he really goes to retrieve money/drugs. He goes along with the dealers and you can fill in the rest.

Just watching this clip of his parents on the Montell williams show from the way they describe the last sightings of him both from the neighbours and his brother it doesn't even seem like he started the walk to the school at all. If he was picked up or abducted it must have been directly from his house. If two neighbours spotted him taking in the trash cans it shows that that neighbourhood does have people around at that time of the day looking out of their windows, attending to their gardens or whatever. It just doesn't seem possible that he would not have spotted by at least one neighbour in streets lined with houses had he started the walk.
So his younger brother played baseball? Interesting. I wonder if his coach was ever checked out. Being close to his family, I assume Jason has been to some of his brother's games. Maybe the baseball coach saw Jason and started taking an interest? Jason was a baseball fan so maybe they've talked about sports before in the past and that built Jason's trust with him, or heck maybe even Jason used to play Baseball and the coach already knew him. I know it's a complete stretch, but it could be another person in Jason's life to look into

Hello, John.

You make a good point and it's one I've raised before. I said that if Jason had been abducted, it must not have been long before he started his walk, because obviously the longer the walk the more chance of witnesses seeing him. And yet the last confirmed sighting was when he was taking in the trash. That means he might have been intercepted on his own doorstep, like you say, or not long after he headed out.

Are there any other known stranger abductions of someone Jason's age and size? Even John Wayne Gacy had to use a ruse to control his victims. This makes me wonder if the unsub knew Jason, even tangentially. Enough that he might get into this person's car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm curious if the police/search teams looked in sewers for the body. I noticed just on the path he would have taken to school that there were several sewer grates and a couple of manholes. If he was abducted and then murdered, he could have been subsequently thrown into the sewer to get rid of the evidence. He probably would have needed to be cut up first. Not sure what the wildlife is like in Omaha, but by me we have raccoons that hang out in our sewer grates. If there are rats and racoons in the sewer grates they could have eaten some of his remains. Apologies for the graphic idea

I considered the possibility that a manhole cover was left open, unattended and that he may have accidentally fell down it. Given the size of the cover, it would not possible to fall straight down a manhole unless you're a cartoon character.

I had not considered that someone would have disposed of the body by sewer. But could they have done it through a manhole? That sounds far fetched.

I considered the possibility that a manhole cover was left open, unattended and that he may have accidentally fell down it. Given the size of the cover, it would not possible to fall straight down a manhole unless you're a cartoon character.

I had not considered that someone would have disposed of the body by sewer. But could they have done it through a manhole? That sounds far fetched.
That's why I suggested that he may have needed to be cut into pieces first. Or the sewer grates that connect from the curbs of the sidewalks. I don't see it being super likely, but it's something to consider. I don't know if manholes are screwed shut, I've personally never tried to lift one off. If his body was disposed in this way, I'd assume it was in the dead of night. It also still wouldn't explain what happened to him before his death, whether or not he got into a car or lured into a house

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bubbajax