NE NE - Jason Jolkowski, 19, Omaha, 13 June 2001 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/omaha/1850255-jason-jolkowski.html

This is a link to a fairly decent discussion of this case on an Omaha local forum. Some interesting stuff re mysterious happenings in the area of his disappearance.

One interesting idea was presented. He vanished apparently on trash pickup day. Someone might have lured him into a house under the pretext of needing help with their trash.

He vanished on trash pick up day ? Likely went from a dumpster into a trash landfill. jmo Can't imagine a motive, except for him knowing about something shady going on at school... JMO. OR, perhaps more likely, some bad blood with a person or persons in very close proximity to where he was last seen. JMO

He vanished on trash pick up day ? Likely went from a dumpster into a trash landfill. jmo Can't imagine a motive, except for him knowing about something shady going on at school... JMO. OR, perhaps more likely, some bad blood with a person or persons in very close proximity to where he was last seen. JMO
He disappeared after the trash was already collected though. He was bringing their trash cans in, meaning the garbage men had already come by to pick up. Interesting point about the bad blood though. I wonder if his parents had any enemies nearby? I couldn't imagine what for. I know sometimes with the mafia (not that I think they're in any way involved here) if the mob has a problem with somebody they would rather go after a loved one of their enemy rather than the enemy themselves. Maybe somebody had it out for Jason's parents and wanted them to suffer with a loss?

He disappeared after the trash was already collected though. He was bringing their trash cans in, meaning the garbage men had already come by to pick up. Interesting point about the bad blood though. I wonder if his parents had any enemies nearby? I couldn't imagine what for. I know sometimes with the mafia (not that I think they're in any way involved here) if the mob has a problem with somebody they would rather go after a loved one of their enemy rather than the enemy themselves. Maybe somebody had it out for Jason's parents and wanted them to suffer with a loss?

I meant trash collection from a dumpster, not a residential trash can. Why did JJ ask to be picked up at the high school ? And how did he get to work the day before ? When I first read about Jason, I thought that this had to do with some kind of ongoing feud. And it was an impulse crime, done on the spur of the moment, close to his home. He was not seen on any video at the high school campus, and I think someone would have spotted him if he had walked the eight blocks. Likely more than one person involved. jmo

I meant trash collection from a dumpster, not a residential trash can. Why did JJ ask to be picked up at the high school ? And how did he get to work the day before ? When I first read about Jason, I thought that this had to do with some kind of ongoing feud. And it was an impulse crime, done on the spur of the moment, close to his home. He was not seen on any video at the high school campus, and I think someone would have spotted him if he had walked the eight blocks. Likely more than one person involved. jmo
Jason arranged the high school pickup because he felt it would be easier for the girl to get him there, since he was bad with directions and didn't want her to struggle with finding his house. The school was an easier landmark. As for work the day before, I assume (could be wrong though) that this was his first shift in the week, since this was only a part time job.His car was set to be in the shop all week, so maybe he didn't need to work monday or tuesday and was supposed to start again the day he vanished. Being that he seemed to disappear off his street, there seems to be only 2 real theories that people can figure on: Creepy sex offender neighbor or Fazoli's set-up. A neighbor would likely know his schedule, know he was without a car, and be able to lure him in. Likewise, Fazoli's new these things as well, but their timing would have to be more precise if there was more than one person involved. Seeing as this was 2001 and not everyone had cellphones, I'd say a multiple-person conspiracy would be a tad harder to pull off. Not impossible though. An opportunistic perp who just happened to be cruising down Jason's block at 10:30 on a wednesday morning is just too convenient sounding to me. More than likely the perp knew exactly where Jason was going to be walking

Jason arranged the high school pickup because he felt it would be easier for the girl to get him there, since he was bad with directions and didn't want her to struggle with finding his house. The school was an easier landmark. As for work the day before, I assume (could be wrong though) that this was his first shift in the week, since this was only a part time job.His car was set to be in the shop all week, so maybe he didn't need to work monday or tuesday and was supposed to start again the day he vanished. Being that he seemed to disappear off his street, there seems to be only 2 real theories that people can figure on: Creepy sex offender neighbor or Fazoli's set-up. A neighbor would likely know his schedule, know he was without a car, and be able to lure him in. Likewise, Fazoli's new these things as well, but their timing would have to be more precise if there was more than one person involved. Seeing as this was 2001 and not everyone had cellphones, I'd say a multiple-person conspiracy would be a tad harder to pull off. Not impossible though. An opportunistic perp who just happened to be cruising down Jason's block at 10:30 on a wednesday morning is just too convenient sounding to me. More than likely the perp knew exactly where Jason was going to be walking

Personally I don't see this as a set up, or anything involving organized crime. Because he worked part time in a pizza place. I've never thought of it as an abduction by a sexual predator either. I tend to believe that the RSO on his block would likely have been more interested in JJ's younger brother, but jmo. I think this was a couple of young guys around JJ's age. Something could have gone down in the area in back of the high school, assuming that JJ made it that far. I wonder if summer school was being held there that day ? Was there much gang activity in that area at that time ?

According to Jason's mother, North Omaha was more known for the gangs, not where they were. Jason was never seen on camera at the High School so if something happened there then it was in an obscure corner. However, it's widely speculated that Jason only made it a block or two due to the fact that he was not seen walking by any witnesses that day (though I guess that doesn't mean much since they didn't know at the time to keep their eyes peeled for him). A part of me doubts that it was High School kids, simply because I don't believe they'd be able to keep a secret for that long. All it would take is for one of them to tell a friend and then people would talk.

According to Jason's mother, North Omaha was more known for the gangs, not where they were. Jason was never seen on camera at the High School so if something happened there then it was in an obscure corner. However, it's widely speculated that Jason only made it a block or two due to the fact that he was not seen walking by any witnesses that day (though I guess that doesn't mean much since they didn't know at the time to keep their eyes peeled for him). A part of me doubts that it was High School kids, simply because I don't believe they'd be able to keep a secret for that long. All it would take is for one of them to tell a friend and then people would talk.

I don't think it was high school kids. I think they were older. I think there might have been some kind of ongoing feud . Not so much the kind of thing a guy would tell his parents about. But, I do think it was gang related. I was reading that LE said there was gang activity in Omaha in the early 80's, and it has grown worse with each passing decade. What have JJ's friends ever said ? jmo

I'm still thinking it was an older man who got him. As MatthewTyler said, the problem with a conspiracy (i.e. a group abducting Jason) is that someone most likely would've spilled, there would've been rumours or something. But in Jason's case there isn't a shred of evidence as to what happened to him. That's why I think it was an older neighbour, probably someone who lived alone, who waylaid Jason on his way to the school.

I don't think it was high school kids. I think they were older. I think there might have been some kind of ongoing feud . Not so much the kind of thing a guy would tell his parents about. But, I do think it was gang related. I was reading that LE said there was gang activity in Omaha in the early 80's, and it has grown worse with each passing decade. What have JJ's friends ever said ? jmo
Well if it was gang related then it was probably gang members teaming up on Jason, an innocent bystander. I would be willing to bet my bank account that Jason was not involved in gangs. He was shy, reserved, socially stunted and perceived to be a little slow. I see no mention of friends, so it's likely that he spent his time split between work, school, and home.With it being Summer at the time, that pretty much just left work and home. A neighbor that was potentially watching over him probably learned his schedule just from Jason being home all the time. Once said neighbor (assuming it was a neighbor) saw Jason without a car then maybe they decided to strike.

Going off on my last post as well, IF it was a neighbor, or just anyone who lives within those 8 blocks to the school, they would have had to be pretty ballsy to make sure that nobody was going to see Jason go into their home. Even if they lured him in with, say needing helping with a trash can, any potential witness could have seen and placed Jason with this person at a certain time and place. This is why I believe that whoever abducted Jason probably did so in a car. The whole process would just be quicker, Jason would have more reason to get in a car than in a house (could have been promised a ride to the school) and less chance for witnesses to see who Jason was talking to and where he went afterwards. There are a few questions I would be curious about regarding the neighborhood: 1) Did any neighbors have a beef with the Jolkowskis? 2) Was any neighbor having any renovations/construction done at the time? 3) Did any neighbor move shortly after Jason vanished?

Is it known how long his family had lived on the street/in the area? I listened to the podcast done with his mother but i don't recall them asking anything about that. Had they lived in that same house for Jason's whole life? Were they new to that particular area? I just feel like most people have some kind of idea who their immediate neighbours are. Even if you don't interact with your neighbours you usually have an idea if you have been at the same address for years.. "that's an old widowed lady living there" "a family with 3 kids living there" etc. The area Jason lived in looks like a quiet suburban type of area where people settle or retire. It doesn't strike me as an area that has people coming and going with regularity.

Well if it was gang related then it was probably gang members teaming up on Jason, an innocent bystander. I would be willing to bet my bank account that Jason was not involved in gangs. He was shy, reserved, socially stunted and perceived to be a little slow. I see no mention of friends, so it's likely that he spent his time split between work, school, and home.With it being Summer at the time, that pretty much just left work and home. A neighbor that was potentially watching over him probably learned his schedule just from Jason being home all the time. Once said neighbor (assuming it was a neighbor) saw Jason without a car then maybe they decided to strike.

So JJ had no friends, and never went out ? I just cannot see anyone abducting JJ for sexual purposes ..jmo I also don't think JJ had anything to do with a gang. He might well have been the victim of a gang. Or a gang initiation. jmo

3) Did any neighbor move shortly after Jason vanished?

This is an excellent question, and exactly why I feel that the whole SS disappearance needs to be investigated further in relation to Jason's disappearance. Didn't he go missing shortly after Jason did? They said SS was only renting correct? Who reported him missing? Another neighbor? I have so many questions. Like most people do, because there seems to be little to no information on this person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going off on my last post as well, IF it was a neighbor, or just anyone who lives within those 8 blocks to the school, they would have had to be pretty ballsy to make sure that nobody was going to see Jason go into their home. Even if they lured him in with, say needing helping with a trash can, any potential witness could have seen and placed Jason with this person at a certain time and place. This is why I believe that whoever abducted Jason probably did so in a car. The whole process would just be quicker, Jason would have more reason to get in a car than in a house (could have been promised a ride to the school) and less chance for witnesses to see who Jason was talking to and where he went afterwards. There are a few questions I would be curious about regarding the neighborhood: 1) Did any neighbors have a beef with the Jolkowskis? 2) Was any neighbor having any renovations/construction done at the time? 3) Did any neighbor move shortly after Jason vanished?

In any crime of this nature there's always an element of risk involved. Even if the abductor picked him up in a car, it's not like Jason would necessarily jump straight in, particularly as he already had a ride waiting for him. He'd need to persuade Jason to come with him, and during that time anyone could have seen them.

Again, i realize that Seward is approx 77 miles from Omaha, but, what if someone said hop in the tornado is heading this way, or your family member or the the radio station needs you right now, it is an emergency, ect,ect?
speculation.imo.
Seward NE June 13 2001
[video=youtube;rsLSCixTU74]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsLSCixTU74[/video]

Personally I would like to know more about the situation with the neighbor whose house was searched. Obviously the police wouldn't just search a house because they feel like it; there must have been good reason. Why was this house searched? Did the Jolkowskis and this neighbor have a history of animosity? I heard nothing was found but that doesn't mean much after the police waited 10 days to even begin the investigation

Does anyone think this case will never be solved?

Sixteen years later and we're no closer to knowing what happened to Jason. No witnesses, no clues, no leads, no suspects, and a victim without the usual risk factors. It's just such a baffling case.

I know I've said it ad nauseam but if only we knew more about Samuel Sherman. In the same way Johnny Gosch & Eugene Martin are too similar to be unrelated, I can't overlook the fact that two male teens disappeared from the same neighbourhood in a matter of weeks, under similar circumstances. I wish we could find out who the people were who lodged the missing persons report for Samuel. Anyone got any ideas?

It has always stuck out to me that he initially planned to walk to work. The Fazoli's on Cass Street in Omaha is almost two miles from his neighborhood as the crow flies. It would have taken him at least an hour to walk there. Fazoli's was understaffed and he was in a hurry to get to work.

The mean temperature in Omaha that day was 82F, with a range from 72F to 90F, according to Weather Underground. That isn't terrible weather but he would have been sweating by the time he got there.

Does anyone think this case will never be solved?

Sixteen years later and we're no closer to knowing what happened to Jason. No witnesses, no clues, no leads, no suspects, and a victim without the usual risk factors. It's just such a baffling case.

I know I've said it ad nauseam but if only we knew more about Samuel Sherman. In the same way Johnny Gosch & Eugene Martin are too similar to be unrelated, I can't overlook the fact that two male teens disappeared from the same neighbourhood in a matter of weeks, under similar circumstances. I wish we could find out who the people were who lodged the missing persons report for Samuel. Anyone got any ideas?
I still can't be convinced that Samuel Sherman even existed until any further info is released about him. That obviously won't be happening. Either he was never real or he was (in my own belief) just a nomad who left town on his own. If he was indeed a real person who was abducted then I truly do feel bad for him because the lack of attention on his case is really sad. An address wasn't even provided, so even if he was just couch crashing, there's no way to look up who he was actually staying with and who reported him missing. To me that just reeks of a red herring.

It has always stuck out to me that he initially planned to walk to work. The Fazoli's on Cass Street in Omaha is almost two miles from his neighborhood as the crow flies. It would have taken him at least an hour to walk there. Fazoli's was understaffed and he was in a hurry to get to work.

The mean temperature in Omaha that day was 82F, with a range from 72F to 90F, according to Weather Underground. That isn't terrible weather but he would have been sweating by the time he got there.
I don't find it that odd that he was planning on walking at first. Jason seemed like the type of person that didn't want to inconvenience anyone, so he was probably fine with walking. Being that the restaurant was understaffed and they needed him there faster, it makes sense that they would want to pick him up and get him there faster-so that checks out. That's not to say that everyone from Fazzoli's is in the clear, since they did still know the change to his schedule and therefore could still be seen as suspects. But then again, so could anyone else that Jason knew and possibly didn't know.
As for the temperature, I believe that's why he was carrying his work shirt with him instead of wearing it. He probably wanted to avoid sweating so he was wearing his Sammy Sosa/ or cubs shirt (the description says it could be either of those) and planned to change into the uniform at work. I was always curious about his clothing. I wonder if whoever hurt him kept something like his hat or shirt as a sort of "prize" like some rapists/predators do after they discard their victims. None of the articles of clothing ever popped up so I assume everything else was buried with him. Assuming of course that Jason was buried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95