GUILTY NE - Kerra Wilson, 8, Mitchell, 21 Sep 2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Salvador Lopez, 32, has been charged with first-degree homicide and sexual assault of a child and is scheduled to appear on those charges at 11 a.m. in Scotts Bluff County Court.

http://www.starherald.com/

This is just so unbearably sad. Poor little Kerra. Poor sweet little angel.

I am just sickened by this news, but I can't say I wasn't expecting it. I am so angry and distraught that this keeps happening over and over again. Another beautiful child destroyed, and it could have been prevented.

LE did a good job of investigating the case, apparently. The guy is off the streets for now. I hope he is convicted. Kerra deserves justice.

The search for 8-year-old Kerra Wilson has ended with the discovery of her body in a remote area of Sioux County.

In the early evening hours of Thursday investigators from the Nebraska State Patrol and the FBI were notified by a local rancher alerting them to an area that he felt needed to be examined. The area was located several miles north of Mitchell. Upon their arrival investigators located what is believed to be the body of 8-year-old Kerra Wilson.

Preliminary identification of the body was made through articles of clothing, physical characteristics and evidence found at the scene. Due to the rugged terrain and time of night investigators were unable to move the body and process the scene.

Based on the discovery of Kerra's body and the evidence at the scene, Salvador Carlos Lopez, 32, of Mitchell was arrested in the death of Kerra Wilson. At this time Lopez is being held in the Scotts Bluff County Detention Center on a charge of first-degree murder.

http://www.9news.com/rss/story.aspx?storyid=220735

OMG, What else did he do that they need to identify her by clothing and physical Characteristics?

Wow. Simply wow.

I'm so sorry for all of these children who just don't have a chance in this world.

OMG, What else did he do that they need to identify her by clothing and physical Characteristics?

I think the physical characteristics just mean they know it's her cause it looks like her. It sounds like her body (at least her face) is still in tact. They need DNA, yadda, yadda, to say 100%.

Was she in Morrill, I wonder? Is that not North of Mitchell?

I don't know...trying to figure that out too.

Maybe someone from the area will help us out...or someone who isn't as directionally challenged as poor pitiful me.

Other presser still scheduled for 3pm, body found in early evening last night

WOW, BRAVO LE. They are doing an amazing job- sweet Kerra was found yesterday with absolutely no leaks? Honestly I bow down to LE. Think how hard this must be for them... :cry:

So pizzed right now. Absolutely nothing is being done to prevent this sort of thing. Why are they not using 's like this as science experiments? Pull out their brains and study them.

I want to hug that sweet little girl so bad, give her a bowl of ice cream and tuck her in. I have never and will never in my life understand how someone could harm such an innocent sweet baby. Her face is etched in my mind right now and I am so glad she does not have to endure the pain anymore that this monster has probably put her through many many times. Rest in Piece, Love.

So they had already found Kerra's body before the PC last night? That explains a lot.

OH NO!!! I did not want to read this!! I'm so sad for that sweet little girl.

I can't even imagine how many children are heartbroken right now, being told about their friend. I just cannot imagine having to tell my 9 year old his classmate/friend had died. At this age, they ask a lot of questions.... I hope there are grief counselors there at the school right now...

So they had already found Kerra's body before the PC last night? That explains a lot.

No wonder LE called it a "case" last night...

I wonder how they Knew it was the Stepfather and waited to arrest him this 11 am...?

Did this guy have a criminal past?

It'll take some looking for, but he's from Riverside California (according to his FB page). He also worked for a drainage ditch company, so he would be familiar with the surrounding areas with little to no witnesses (and a good front if he was using a company vehicle).

WOW, BRAVO LE. They are doing an amazing job- sweet Kerra was found yesterday with absolutely no leaks? Honestly I bow down to LE. Think how hard this must be for them... :cry:

I hit the report post button on your comment by accident. Hoping it didn't go through. :/

They did a great job. I believe they knew from day one.

No wonder LE called it a "case" last night...

I wonder how they Knew it was the Stepfather and waited to arrest him this 11 am...?

It's only 10:00 there right now. He will be arraigned at 11:00 today. I think they probably arrested him last night.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required
Back