Resolved NE - Omaha, 14th & Sherwood, WhtMale Adult, UP13093, key, Seroquel pills, glasses, clothes, Oct'14 - NamUs removed

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
@lisamkomo88 , welcome to Websleuths!

Unfortunately, the NAMUS map pins are usually way, way off. Glad that you used other location information, and sorry that we still don't know 'where.'

Absolutely agree about the clothing sizes, and no sketch??? A man wearing 34/34 pants looks different than a man wearing 40/34 pants or 36/36 pants; a Medium shirt or an XL shirt.

DNA available? @othram , are you aware of this decedent in Nebraska?

jmho ymmv lrr

Unfortunately, the NAMUS map pins are usually way, way off. Glad that you used other location information, and sorry that we still don't know 'where.'

Absolutely agree about the clothing sizes, and no sketch??? A man wearing 34/34 pants looks different than a man wearing 40/34 pants or 36/36 pants; a Medium shirt or an XL shirt.

jmho ymmv lrr
Not aware, but as always, happy to assist!

jmho ymmv lrr
Thank you for your reply. That is disheartening to hear about NAMUS map pins being inaccurate. That definitely makes it more difficult to find accurate information. I can't locate any news article discussing the finding of the unnamed remains/body, but I would imagine if the individual was local and not homeless there would be someone looking for him. Or it could be someone from another state who was never declared missing or maybe was listed missing and never followed upon. I am unsure as to how frequently NAMUS is updated and who is in charge of uploading the information of the individuals into NAMUS? More experienced individuals might be able to help me out with that information. The same goes for the missing persons' list for example on the NSP website, there has been an individual who has been listed missing since 2014, however, they are not missing, they are incarcerated in the neighboring state. Makes you wonder how frequently the information is updated. I am just rambling now.

Each NAMUS page lists a contact person in law enforcement/LE.

Feel free to email the contact for the missing person you found incarcerated! We amateurs often have more time to look for these things and some jurisdictions do appreciate our help.

Each NAMUS page lists a contact person in law enforcement/LE.

Feel free to email the contact for the missing person you found incarcerated! We amateurs often have more time to look for these things and some jurisdictions do appreciate our help.
Hello. Yes, I did reach out to the individual listed on the page who is the contact person for law enforcement, unfortunately, I have yet to hear back from them. If I don't hear anything by next week, I will try and contact you again. Thank you.

Eight or nine years after discovery - this case strikes me as one that was particularly ripe for genetic genealogy, in that this man was found with a prescription bottle of Seroquel. He was getting professional-strength mental health treatment. I’d be optimistic that the relatives of a man open to that would be curious about, and submitting to, DNA sequencing. I hope that is what has happened here.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stahoe
Back