NE - Omaha Double Murder #3 - *Arrest Made*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The vk.com site provided enough clues for me to uncover MBs two Facebook pages and a profile on a dating site where he's listed only as "Mike". That profile includes height, weight, income and current location. I assume it's up to date as "Mike" apparently signed in within the last week.

I'm trying to figure out what to reveal. I hesitate because MB may not be connected to these murders. That said, there are serious red flags for me. The protection for his co-workers in Calgary is high on the list. He seems to move around a lot. There are other niggling things I can't quite put my finger on. Rumors about MBs departure from CU. The (once) frequently updated tumblr blog devoted to solving Tom's murder (seemingly by someone close to the case/family) goes quiet after posting the Calgary revelations. I also get the feeling some people here may know people touched by this tragedy or even have inside information. Those people have had a keen interest in MB.

Anyway, I'll have more about what I found later.

The vk.com site provided enough clues for me to uncover MBs two Facebook pages and a profile on a dating site where he's listed only as "Mike". That profile includes height, weight, income and current location. I assume it's up to date as "Mike" apparently signed in within the last week.

I'm trying to figure out what to reveal. I hesitate because MB may not be connected to these murders. That said, there are serious red flags for me. The protection for his co-workers in Calgary is high on the list. He seems to move around a lot. There are other niggling things I can't quite put my finger on. Rumors about MBs departure from CU. The (once) frequently updated tumblr blog devoted to solving Tom's murder (seemingly by someone close to the case/family) goes quiet after posting the Calgary revelations. I also get the feeling some people here may know people touched by this tragedy or even have inside information. Those people have had a keen interest in MB.

Anyway, I'll have more about what I found later.

What blog are you referencing? Not sure what a 'tumblr' blog is. Are you referring to the other thread on this board or to one that the Hunter family put on line? Sorry, just would like clarification.

What blog are you referencing? Not sure what a 'tumblr' blog is. Are you referring to the other thread on this board or to one that the Hunter family put on line? Sorry, just would like clarification.

tumblr is a blogging service. The blog I'm referring to:

solvethomashuntermurder.tumblr.com

I don't know who put it up but I thought it might be the family or someone close to the family. Did the Hunter family put that up?

tumblr is a blogging service. The blog I'm referring to:

solvethomashuntermurder.tumblr.com

I don't know who put it up but I thought it might be the family or someone close to the family. Did the Hunter family put that up?

The Hunter family put it up. It was talked about briefly way back on one of the earlier threads. It has a few items of interest, there was even a link to the Websleuths discussion which I think they referred to as 'uninformed speculation.' I haven't gone back and looked at it recently but since it hadn't been updated since about 2009 I guess I didn't figure it would have much anyway. That's about all I'd better say about it..

The Hunter family put it up. It was talked about briefly way back on one of the earlier threads. It has a few items of interest, there was even a link to the Websleuths discussion which I think they referred to as 'uninformed speculation.' I haven't gone back and looked at it recently but since it hadn't been updated since about 2009 I guess I didn't figure it would have much anyway. That's about all I'd better say about it..

Thanks. That's good to know.

The blog was actually updated into 2011 (ending with the news out of Calgary).

Here's what I uncovered about MB from his online activity:

He claims to be living in Abbotsford, British Columbia. He's 6'3" tall and weighs 198 lbs. He has "no steady income". There does seem to be a Kalispell, Montana connection through his acquaintances so perhaps there's something to the LinkedIn/Spokeo profiles. He has "friended" a few pathologists including one from CU class of 2008.

I don't know if this helps or hurts. I thought the height and weight might be useful to compare with the original suspect descriptions. Frankly, I don't think the sketch is a good match (although I did originally). Maybe there was an accomplice or the sketch is not of the killer, etc. There's probably a reason LE is playing it down now.

If Tom and Shirlee's killer is one and the same as the Brumback's killer then his MO sounds like it is front door entry.

If Tom and Shirlee's killer is one and the same as the Brumback's killer then his MO sounds like it is front door entry.

How many people can charm their way into a strangers house? Surely a forced entry is a huge risk in a quiet neighborhood. Either this person is extremely clever in gaining entry or he knew his victims, IMO.

BTW, since my last post, MB has changed his location from Abbotsford, BC to "Arctic Village, United States". There is an Arctic Village, Alaska (and someone here discovered he has a license to practice in Alaska) but Wikipedia makes it sound like one of the remotest places in the United States.

I find the timing of the location change somewhat interesting.

How many people can charm their way into a strangers house? Surely a forced entry is a huge risk in a quiet neighborhood. Either this person is extremely clever in gaining entry or he knew his victims, IMO.

BTW, since my last post, MB has changed his location from Abbotsford, BC to "Arctic Village, United States". There is an Arctic Village, Alaska (and someone here discovered he has a license to practice in Alaska) but Wikipedia makes it sound like one of the remotest places in the United States.

'Tis interesting, bluesman. MB is an educated man despite his professional troubles. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he follows this thread.

Long before MB was in the news about his troubles in Calgary and OPD traveling there to question him about the Hunter/Sherman murders, there was a poster who mentioned 'a Russian man from CU who often visited the Hunters'. (paraphrased)

Perhaps the killer did know the victims but preferred to use a courier, AKA hitman, for communications as opposed to online or US mail. Or maybe the killer was known to the victims and they had no qualms about opening the door. I need to go back and look at pics of the Hunter and Brumback homes. Do you recall if there are windows in the doors where someone from inside would look out to see who is ringing the doorbell?

The whole issue of door entry bothers me. It makes me wonder if whomever is the mastermind on this, maybe they are using the services of a professional hitman. A professional, would be better at allaying fears and getting people to open the door, IMO. If so, that sort of work isn't cheap. Someone must be mad as hell and willing to pay a hefty price...

Long before MB was in the news about his troubles in Calgary and OPD traveling there to question him about the Hunter/Sherman murders, there was a poster who mentioned 'a Russian man from CU who often visited the Hunters'. (paraphrased)

That poster used the word "intertwined" when describing the relationship between the Hunters and a Russian man. It's another reason I can't dismiss MB with certainty.

I keep thinking of the following exchange between a reporter and Lt. Kranger:

Reporter: "Do you think you know who did it and just can't prove it?"
Lt Kanger: "No... I can't say that unequivocally."

That leaves a lot to the imagination...or does it?

That poster used the word "intertwined" when describing the relationship between the Hunters and a Russian man. It's another reason I can't dismiss MB with certainty.

I keep thinking of the following exchange between a reporter and Lt. Kranger:

Reporter: "Do you think you know who did it and just can't prove it?"
Lt Kanger: "No... I can't say that unequivocally."

That leaves a lot to the imagination...or does it?

IMO it does. Interesting choice of words by Lt. Kangar. And the word 'intertwined' describing the relationship between the Russian man and the Hunters suggests more that just a working relationship with Dr. BH. :twocents: Thanks for the correction because I didn't have the time to go back and find the original post.

The Omaha Police chief spoke to a civic group for a luncheon today, most of his talk focused on controlling the rising crime rate in Omaha. Toward the end of his talk he referenced the unsolved murders of Dr Brumback and his wife, lumping them in with the Dundee killings:

http://www.ketv.com/news/local-news...ity/-/9674510/20940796/-/imfve3z/-/index.html

Not his comment on page two of the article. He believes OPD feels the person responsible for these murders will keep killing until they are stopped.
Not much here maybe but an insight into where OPD detectives might be right now.

I will post more on this later. This has been a long journey for many of us who've been on here since 2008. It has been discouraging at times but justice always prevails and evil never wins- in the end.

I was aware of this guy as far back as 2010 but was told it couldn't be him because he was not 'the type' to have done this.

I will post more on this later. This has been a long journey for many of us who've been on here since 2008. It has been discouraging at times but justice always prevails and evil never wins- in the end.

I was aware of this guy as far back as 2010 but was told it couldn't be him because he was not 'the type' to have done this.

Can you elaborate????

The quick picture they flashed show him to be a large man with an olive complexion, which fits the description of the perp in the 2008 slayings.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back