NE NE - Ryan Larsen, 11, with autism, La Vista, 17 May 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I’m so worried about Ryan. Could he have managed on his own this long? It’s well over a week, and I’m so worried about the water. Any water. Please be ok, Ryan! We’re all praying for you.

I’m so worried about Ryan. Could he have managed on his own this long? It’s well over a week, and I’m so worried about the water. Any water. Please be ok, Ryan! We’re all praying for you.

Luckily (or unluckily, it seems), there are a ton of water sources in the area. Lots of creeks and streams and lakes... some cleaner than others, but if you needed water, you'd drink whatever you could find. The ones in the neighborhoods wouldn't be deep enough to drown in. It also rained all week last week, so even puddles of rainwater would've been accessible.

I am the last person to "Monday Morning Quarterback"...but this should've been done in the beginning:
Rally for Ryan Larsen planned for Wednesday evening
Authorities urge nearby businesses, residents to check security footage

https://www.3newsnow.com/news/local-news/rally-for-ryan-larsen-planned-for-wednesday-evening

They did. They asked people and businesses the first day to check their cameras, then went door to door in his neighborhood on day 2, I believe. They haven't really mentioned it in the last couple of days because they seemed to have been fixated on Walnut Creek, but now they're going back to it. So it's not a new thing, but they probably should've been working both things at the same time. They seem to have enough people to do so.

Search for Ryan: Last credible sighting on May 17th

On the 11th day of searching for a little boy with Autism, police say the most credible lead came the day he disappeared.

Ryan Larsen walked out of his elementary school on May 17th.

That same day La Vista police say he was seen on surveillance video from La Vista Keno near 84th and Harrison.

A resident in the Southfield Apartments also saw Ryan soon after that in the same area. Police say those are the only confirmed sightings, despite all the tips they've received.

Police won't release surveillance footage of Ryan Larsen

Officials said FBI experts in Omaha and in Quantico, Virginia, are analyzing surveillance video and working to enhance it.

"These are not available for public release, and we are not providing additional comment on the nature of those videos; these are part of our investigation," the release states.

What reason could they have for not even discussing the surveillance footage? That doesn't make sense at all since it would be really helpful to see what he looked like that day, what he was wearing, etc.

***I asked for the two duplicate message above to be deleted***
Officials are holding a press conference providing an update on 11-year-old Ryan Larsen. It has been nearly two weeks since Larsen, who has autism, went missing from school.
KMTV 3 News Now

Police won't release surveillance footage of Ryan Larsen

What reason could they have for not even discussing the surveillance footage? That doesn't make sense at all since it would be really helpful to see what he looked like that day, what he was wearing, etc.
My guess:
(1) They probably do not want to release and potential evidence that would alert a suspect(s)
(2) they do not want to release footage showing someone who is not involved nor a suspect but rather just background in the video - i.e., landmarks, license plates, vehicles, people, places or things.
(3) Respect for his loved ones at this time - this footage would be everywhere - online, news, social media, etc.

What was said at the press conference?

Well, I certainly didn't get the impression that they're expecting to find him alive :(

Main take aways:
1) They've been talking to the police who worked on the Kyrin Carter case for ideas
2) They told people they don't need help searching, but to keep an eye out for anything weird or any weird smells
3) They have a couple places they're going to search next week, but wouldn't say where
4) They're working with a company in Virginia to "enhance" the surveillance video from La Vista Keno to make sure it's actually Ryan
5) The family has been cooperating
6) They still think he just wandered off

I'm seriously just praying that he prepared and took a bunch of food and stuff and really is just chilling somewhere. I drove by his school yesterday and noticed the sign says their last day was May 21st. He left the Monday of his last week of school :( I know that's irrelevant, but it just makes me sad.

My guess:
(1) They probably do not want to release and potential evidence that would alert a suspect(s)
(2) they do not want to release footage showing someone who is not involved nor a suspect but rather just background in the video - i.e., landmarks, license plates, vehicles, people, places or things.
(3) Respect for his loved ones at this time - this footage would be everywhere - online, news, social media, etc.

RBBM

I think it would be easy enough to blur out people if that was the major concern. The other possibility is that the footage isn't strong enough or "open ended" enough to show the public (example - it clearly shows where he went, there's no question to be answered or help needed, etc.).

My heart breaks over & over for Ryan & his family. I have a son with Autism in the same school district & can't even begin to imagine what his Mom must be going through. I feel like there were so many lost opportunities to get Ryan back fairly quickly in the very beginning, am I alone with that train of thought? So the school says they noticed after 5 minutes that he was missing & called the police but there's no mention of anyone from the school going outside to look for him, why not?? I mean that's just common sense - if you've misplaced a child that's in your care you go and look for them. Also, it sounds like Ryan headed home after leaving school but there's no mention of the police driving over to his apartment to see if he was there...again why not?? If he left his school at 12:00 and wasn't spotted on the surveillance camera at CVS until 1:30 or 2:00 - where were the police during that time? I know they didn't send out an Amber Alert because they didn't believe Ryan was kidnapped however it's been 2 full weeks now and who knows what really happened to him. I can't help but think that if an Amber Alert had been sent out what might have happened differently. Possibly that law needs to be amended or maybe there needs to be a "Ryan Alert" or a "Ryan's Law" created?? I'm really not trying to point fingers here & I know that it seems that way, I just can't get over the fact of how this entire ordeal has been mishandled & also can't help but feel this is because of Ryan's Autism & his history of wandering. If nothing else, there needs to be a lot of extreme changes brought about within this school district as well as the police department in Ryan's name so that no one ever forgets this sweet angel.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back