NE NE - Ryan Larsen, 11, with autism, La Vista, 17 May 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Interesting. A woman with his picture (the same one being circulated) asking questions about him the day he disappeared. Seems like someone just trying to help. I wonder if they actually think she can help or if they're grasping at straws hoping she heard something in her search that maybe they didn't.

The article says May 18, so it sounds like she was just going door to door looking for him and asking if anyone had seen him. I think you’re right, they are hoping she came across information they haven’t.

I think this will be updated soon, any local who knows her will likely let her know if she hasn’t already seen the article. I think she was just being helpful searching for Ryan when there wasn’t much else being done.

Interesting. A woman with his picture (the same one being circulated) asking questions about him the day he disappeared. Seems like someone just trying to help. I wonder if they actually think she can help or if they're grasping at straws hoping she heard something in her search that maybe they didn't.

that’s now we originally heard about the case, a woman was asking about him and whether or not we’ve seen him.

The article says May 18, so it sounds like she was just going door to door looking for him and asking if anyone had seen him. I think you’re right, they are hoping she came across information they haven’t.

I think this will be updated soon, any local who knows her will likely let her know if she hasn’t already seen the article. I think she was just being helpful searching for Ryan when there wasn’t much else being done.

that the impression we had. If I recall correctly, we saw her the same day he went missing but I’ll have to ask hubby to be sure. He works nights and is still sleeping.

that’s now we originally heard about the case, a woman was asking about him and whether or not we’ve seen him.

I heard about it on Nextdoor when people were asking what all the helicopters were doing. So of course I came straight here. I hadn't been on WS since Sydney and Lucas :( Now I have Ryan and Xavior and then hopefully I'll be able to escape this depressing place again... I just can't handle how sad these cases are. They literally keep me awake at night.

(snipped by me)

Not really any vacant houses. It's an average middle-class neighborhood. There IS quite a bit of construction just a little way down on 84th Street though. That would be a good place to hide. Construction also seems like it could be the kind of place you could get stuck.

The thing is, he was seen on camera at the corner of 84th and Harrison. That is a major intersection. There is almost no pedestrian traffic there, so I really feel like someone would have seen him if he tried to cross the street. It would have stood out. That goes for anywhere along 84th, Harrison, Giles, or 72nd St. They're all busy and you'd almost have to cross at a corner... unless he crossed at night. If he was just wandering down the street, someone would have seen him... even at night. If he went through a neighborhood, someone would have seen him or have video of him. People have cameras and those Ring things. There's no way he would've been able to just disappear like he did.

I don't want to say it, and I'm sure LE has thought of it (and probably checked), but I really hope he didn't hide in a dumpster.

(snipped by me)

Not really any vacant houses. It's an average middle-class neighborhood. There IS quite a bit of construction just a little way down on 84th Street though. That would be a good place to hide. Construction also seems like it could be the kind of place you could get stuck.

The thing is, he was seen on camera at the corner of 84th and Harrison. That is a major intersection. There is almost no pedestrian traffic there, so I really feel like someone would have seen him if he tried to cross the street. It would have stood out. That goes for anywhere along 84th, Harrison, Giles, or 72nd St. They're all busy and you'd almost have to cross at a corner... unless he crossed at night. If he was just wandering down the street, someone would have seen him... even at night. If he went through a neighborhood, someone would have seen him or have video of him. People have cameras and those Ring things. There's no way he would've been able to just disappear like he did.

I don't want to say it, and I'm sure LE has thought of it (and probably checked), but I really hope he didn't hide in a dumpster.
Is there any way to find out the commercial garbage pick-up schedule in that area?

His family said he likes construction vehicles. One of the things they mentioned about what he loves. I noticed you mentioned that there was that near his last location

Absolutely. There's a huge project with the La Vista city center. A parking garage, what looks like apartment buildings... I don't even know what else... it's massive. Lots of construction equipment. He could have gotten there in 10 minutes from where he was last seen without having to cross major streets. AND, he would have known it was there because it's so close to his house. If he left with a plan (which it sounds like they think he did), that would be an ideal location.

It was also raining pretty much the whole week he disappeared. That would also lead me to think he probably looked for shelter of some kind.

(snipped by me)

Perish the thought, but my mind keeps thinking of Larry Ely Murillo-Moncada, who was missing for 10 years and was ultimately found behind a cooler in a closed No Frills market - **for those not familiar and/or who do not live in the area: Grocery store employee missing for 10 years found behind store's cooler | CNN

I would hate to think Ryan met his demise in a similar way, but IF he had the tendency to hide when afraid...I'm sure the search teams have thought of this as well.

I wonder if she took these photos herself. Maybe theres a chance he approached her on the street or she approached him asking where his parent was? Maybe he asked for help or said something that set off her hinky meter? Was it apparent that he is autistic? Could she have taken a picture just in case? Maybe to ask around to see if anyone knew him? A possibility he became frightened and ran off? Many questions.

I wonder if she took these photos herself. Maybe theres a chance he approached her on the street or she approached him asking where his parent was? Maybe he asked for help or said something that set off her hinky meter? Was it apparent that he is autistic? Could she have taken a picture just in case? Maybe to ask around to see if anyone knew him? A possibility he became frightened and ran off? Many questions.
I believe it was a screen shot from the Find Ryan facebook page. They have talked with her and she did not offer any info...

I believe it was a screen shot from the Find Ryan facebook page. They have talked with her and she did not offer any info...

Would that mean that the Find Ryan page was set up that soon after he was said to be missing? Any chance her picture came first and then appeared on the FB page? I figure it doesn't matter now that she was unable to help.

I have not seen this posted so I will share in the 3 relevant Threads. Yesterday a body was discovered in Nebraska near the Pawnee Lake. The body has not yet been identified and no possible age or gender has been released. There are at least 3 possibilities that are being considered:

Xavior Harrelson went missing approximately 4 and 1/2 hours from the Lake. Ryan Larsen was last seen approximately 1 and 1/2 miles from this lake. Carly Schaaf went missing approximately 20 minutes from this lake.

According to a press conference given yesterday, the body was located in a wooded area just a few feet from a parking lot to the swimming area. The body could not be seen from the lake or parking lot. The body was covered up but they would not say what the body was covered up with.

Investigation underway after human remains found at Pawnee Lake

I have not seen this posted so I will share in the 3 relevant Threads. Yesterday a body was discovered in Nebraska near the Pawnee Lake. The body has not yet been identified and no possible age or gender has been released. There are at least 3 possibilities that are being considered:

Xavior Harrelson went missing approximately 4 and 1/2 hours from the Lake. Ryan Larsen was last seen approximately 1 and 1/2 miles from this lake. Carly Schaaf went missing approximately 20 minutes from this lake.

According to a press conference given yesterday, the body was located in a wooded area just a few feet from a parking lot to the swimming area. The body could not be seen from the lake or parking lot. The body was covered up but they would not say what the body was covered up with.

Am I looking at the wrong Pawnee Lake? It looks like it’s 58 miles from La Vista where Ryan went missing.

Am I looking at the wrong Pawnee Lake? It looks like it’s 58 miles from La Vista where Ryan went missing.

No, that's the one. I can't see any way Ryan would be there, unless someone took him there. Even if he wandered that distance, trails and things wouldn't end up there.

I can't imagine it being Xavior either. Why would someone take him and leave him right by Lincoln? I'd think they'd choose somewhere more remote.

It's almost certainly Carly. She went missing from Lincoln under suspicious circumstances.

No you are correct. Ryan would be 1 to 1.5 hours from the lake.

I think you meant Ryan was 1 to 1.5 hours from the lake, not miles...but stranger things have happened (should it be Ryan or Xavior's body there).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back