NE NE - Ryan Larsen, 11, with autism, La Vista, 17 May 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thank you. I have avoided this thread as it was my worst nightmare when my sons ( 1 in particular ) were kids. My husband is a veteran teacher and his jaw is still on the floor. A car allowance? 11 bucks an hour for a para?
Yes, and yes. I found out the info by looking at the school board minutes soon after they released the budget a couple years ago. Crazy.

This blows my mind- average test score 14.94%. What is going on at this school? He had to have left for a very good reason in his mind. He would know leaving is against the rules. La Vista West Elementary School

Just to clarify, that is not the average test %, it is stated to be the average Standard Score. SchoolDigger.com
I feel badly for schools that have low rankings due to test scores. We don't know all the facts about that (like how many parents opt their students out of testing, or how many students with disabilities are served at that school). I'm not denying there are a lot of struggling, or just outright poorly managed, schools out there. But schools often get judged very harshly based on limited criteria. JMO

This was updated June 22. From the article...

Another surveillance video captured by La Vista Keno, which is across the street from the apartments where Ryan lives, placed Ryan in the parking lot of the business about an hour and a half after he left school. Shortly thereafter, an eyewitness said they saw Ryan “right outside” his apartment near 84th and Harrison streets, a half-mile from his school.

“He could be a walk away, he could have been abducted, it could have been with a familiar person, we just don’t know. At this point, I just find it hard to see him wandering away and getting stuck somewhere,” said Lausten, who in the beginning was operating with the theory that Ryan had run away, something he has done before, and possibly gotten stuck somewhere.

..... the end.

There is more info at the link. It seems more businesses have finally handed over footage and they’re still working on going through that.

Where are you, Ryan?

Few leads one month after 12-year-old La Vista boy's disappearance

This was updated June 22. From the article...

Another surveillance video captured by La Vista Keno, which is across the street from the apartments where Ryan lives, placed Ryan in the parking lot of the business about an hour and a half after he left school. Shortly thereafter, an eyewitness said they saw Ryan “right outside” his apartment near 84th and Harrison streets, a half-mile from his school.

“He could be a walk away, he could have been abducted, it could have been with a familiar person, we just don’t know. At this point, I just find it hard to see him wandering away and getting stuck somewhere,” said Lausten, who in the beginning was operating with the theory that Ryan had run away, something he has done before, and possibly gotten stuck somewhere.

..... the end.

There is more info at the link. It seems more businesses have finally handed over footage and they’re still working on going through that.

Where are you, Ryan?

Few leads one month after 12-year-old La Vista boy's disappearance

bbm

That's an interesting change! So now they're skeptical that he walked away? I wonder what they think happened then... that someone grabbed him from the parking lot of his apartment complex? I'd really like to have that info since I live about half of a mile away and have kids who play outside. Seems unlikely though that someone would grab him since police were presumably swarming the area by that point.

I keep hoping police have more information and that is the reason for the silence. From this side it feels like nothing is happening. Very sad. I’ve still yet to see anyone looking on this side of the street. Literally across the street. But maybe they have information we don’t know about. This is so discouraging and i agree with the poster above. I have children who play out here too. Scary indeed.

bbm

That's an interesting change! So now they're skeptical that he walked away? I wonder what they think happened then... that someone grabbed him from the parking lot of his apartment complex? I'd really like to have that info since I live about half of a mile away and have kids who play outside. Seems unlikely though that someone would grab him since police were presumably swarming the area by that point.
That stuck out to me, too.

I’m sorry your community is left with so little answers so far and that possible inkling of fear.

Really hoping they’re connecting the dots behind the scenes. I’d also hope that if they expected this was any threat to the community, they would say. But maybe not, as to not scare anyone away.

Wow, there seem to be a lot of assumptions in this statement? does anyone else agree??

"Chief Bob Lausten told 3 News Now that the umbrella was given to Larsen by his sister, who had just moved out of the family home, and had special meaning to him. It was found on the grounds of the apartment complex and the discovery confirms that Ryan Larsen — or at least the umbrella — made it back to the apartment complex on or near May 17.

Police also say that he didn't have a key to the apartment and no one was home at that time.

https://www.3newsnow.com/news/local...-new-dna-evidence-in-missing-ryan-larsen-case

Wow, there seem to be a lot of assumptions in this statement? does anyone else agree??

"Chief Bob Lausten told 3 News Now that the umbrella was given to Larsen by his sister, who had just moved out of the family home, and had special meaning to him. It was found on the grounds of the apartment complex and the discovery confirms that Ryan Larsen — or at least the umbrella — made it back to the apartment complex on or near May 17.

Police also say that he didn't have a key to the apartment and no one was home at that time.

https://www.3newsnow.com/news/local...-new-dna-evidence-in-missing-ryan-larsen-case

Ok, you know what this all is starting to look like to me? That he met an online predator. In order for him to be abducted, it would've almost had to have been set up. He could've planned to leave school early and meet someone because maybe he knew after school he'd be supervised. So he leaves school, goes back to his apartment complex, and gets in a car with someone. That's why he seemed to have disappeared out of thin air. MOO

But then again, if that were the case, why would he have left his umbrella behind? A person with the intention of abducting him surely wouldn't want that evidence left behind. THAT almost sounds like he was hiding. Like he hid it somewhere around his apartment complex so he didn't have to run and sneak around with that in his hand. hmmmm..... MOO

This one seriously is a mystery.

What are the odds that someone who has a history of hiding out for periods of time and recently searched "how to hide from police" was abducted?

I'm not saying it's impossible, just almost...absurd? possibly part of a plan, if he met someone online, that the search would be less intense or given less than 100% urgency if LE thought he might just turn up again. MOO.

I was hoping he'd turn up somewhere, maybe up to a week later. But it's been more than a month now.

What are the odds that someone who has a history of hiding out for periods of time and recently searched "how to hide from police" was abducted?

I'm not saying it's impossible, just almost...absurd? possibly part of a plan, if he met someone online, that the search would be less intense or given less than 100% urgency if LE thought he might just turn up again. MOO.

I was hoping he'd turn up somewhere, maybe up to a week later. But it's been more than a month now.

I guess it depends on whether or not he discussed his plan with anyone. Maybe he mentioned to the friendly neighbor that he was going to run away. Maybe friendly neighbor offered to help. Maybe friendly neighbor isn’t so friendly.

My first instinct was that he was hiding, but he hasn’t been found. I have wondered if he hid somewhere and got stuck or hurt.

But knowing he went back to his apartment complex gives more credence to the theory that an abduction may have occurred.

I don't disagree. I also feel it's unlikely. The most likely scenario for me is that he hid in a dumpster. That's definitely one of the easiest ways to disappear without a trace. The only thing with that though, is that surely they checked and re-checked them.

He could have been abducted, but what opportunistic abductor would abduct a kid with the police and the entire neighborhood already searching for him?

I guess I had assumed he had been close to home/his apartments the day he went missing since they had footage of him by Lavista Keno…so what am I missing here??

As far as the google search in an attempt to throw everyone off enough to meet up with someone, I suppose it’s possible but IMOO I’m not sure he would think that deep into it. I mean my 2 kids both around the same age and 1 with high functioning autism certainly wouldn’t, at least i dont think they would…well dang now I’m questioning it…

I guess I would view a meet up/abduction to be something that would be quick and without as much evidence of it as possible. Meeting up prob would take more planning on both parts but if an abduction was planned I would think the abductor would be taking a big risk every day that passes if the child knew the plan. Pretty risky IMO that he might spoil the beans someone including friends and there’s the chance that someone might find evidence of the plan. Just MOO.

So…I took the article about the umbrella a little differently but I’m seriously a little confused because I thought we knew he was at or very near his place after he left school already? So I took it to mean there’s just more proof that he was there and that they suspect whatever happened, happened close to home….

I thought we were led to believe that Ryan made it home to his apartment and it was made to seem as if he had been inside and had recently searched /watched videos on how to hide from police. Knowing now that he never made it INSIDE his apartment is a huge red flag to me. At what point had he been searching for the videos? If it wasn’t immediately before he went missing, then how do they know that him missing was even related to “hiding from the police”? If it had been recent, where was Ryan watching the videos - school? friends? You can log in to Youtube from a computer anywhere. Do they know where he logged in from?

Furthermore, if they found the umbrella shortly after he went missing, and just now got DNA on it, why in the world wasn’t the search more focused on the area around the apartments from the get go? I’ve heard it was a pretty distinct umbrella (not sure I’ve seen it posted in MSM) so it would be obvious that it was his even if they hadn’t gotten back DNA yet. Was the umbrella open? Closed? In a dumpster? On the sidewalk?

Ugh. So frustrating. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne
Back