GUILTY NE - Sydney Loofe, 24, brutally murdered, Lincoln, 15 Nov 2017 #4 *Boswell appeal 2023*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Friday, August 9th:
*Status Hearing (@ 9am CT) - NE - Sydney Loofe (24) (Nov. 15, 2017, Lincoln; found Dec. 4 & 5, 2017) – only for *Bailey M. Boswell (23) charged & indicted (6/11/18) & arraigned (8/6/18) with 1st degree murder & improper disposal of human remains & charged (3/1/19) with conspiracy to commit murder. Plead not guilty. No bond. DA will seek DP.
Trial starts 10/15/19 to 11/1/19
Court hearings from 6/18/18 thru 3/1/19 reference post #348 here:
Found Deceased - NE - Sydney Loofe, 24, Lincoln, 15 Nov 2017 - #3

Next Status hearing on 4/3. 4/3/19: Trial has been set for October 15 thru Nov. 1. Next Status hearing on 4/17. 4/17/19: Waives speedy trial. Next hearing on 8/9. Trial starts 10/15 thru 11/1/19.
8/1/19 Update: Defense files motion for change of venue.
*Aubrey C. Trail (51) – Found guilty of all charges 7/8/19. A 3-judge panel will hear penalty phase. Motions hearing for new trial on 9/11.

Not available to EU so I found this other link that has everything in it.

Aubrey Trail is seeking a new trial according to documents

The reasons they list are:

• The Court's rulings at jury selection
  • The Court's denial of defendant's pretrial motion to server
  • The Court's denial of defendant's pretrial motion to exclude evidence of Home Depot purchases
  • The Court's decision to allow gruesom photographs which unfairly prejudiced the jury
  • The Court's denial of the defendant's motion for mistrial after the defendant sliced his throat with a razor in front of the jury
  • The Court's decision to allow the mother of the victim, the first witness called by the State of Nebraska, who was subject to a sequestration order, to remain in the courtroom for the balance of the trial over the objection of the defendant, thereby preventing defendant from recalling her as a witness

Last edited:
Bailey Boswell faces new charge in slaying of Sydney Loofe, her attorney seeks change of venue

From the article:

<snip>"Boswell, 25, now is charged with conspiracy to commit murder, in addition to first-degree murder and improper disposal of human remains."<snip>

<snip>"After an hourlong pretrial hearing on Friday, Saline County District Judge Vicky Johnson took under advisement several motions, including one filed by Boswell’s defense attorney requesting that the trial be moved out of the southeast Nebraska county due to extensive coverage of the Loofe case and of Trail’s trial last month."<snip>

Per the article, the judge didn't rule on the motion for change of venue. Trial date is 10/15/19.

Judge mulls whether to move Boswell's trial from Saline County

Another article about Boswell's hearing today. It mentions Aubrey Trail's request/motion/whatever(eye roll) for a new trial and states this:

<snip>"Meanwhile, Trail's attorneys have sought to get him a new trial in part over an open-court incident where he slashed his own throat.

A hearing on that request will be held next month."<snip>

Nothing seems to be coming up for Boswell - can someone check this site:

Multi-Court Case Calendar

Mark "District Court" - pick Saline County

And put her name in the search.

TIA! :)

Hey, Niner, I just tried the website and put the info in as directed--it did not give me any results (I'm in the U.S.), only returned me to the original search page with nothing selected or entered. It's currently Sunday here, not sure if maybe someone's working on the website outside of regular court hours or what. Sorry I couldn't get any results for you.

Thanks for checking on that @?mysterian? That's what it did for me too. Could be because it's Sunday. Strange, but I guess! :) I'll just check it out again tomorrow. Again - thanks!

Hey, Niner, I just tried the website and put the info in as directed--it did not give me any results (I'm in the U.S.), only returned me to the original search page with nothing selected or entered. It's currently Sunday here, not sure if maybe someone's working on the website outside of regular court hours or what. Sorry I couldn't get any results for you.
Working now

Attachments

• 8E0582CA-4DA8-4FCB-B147-CDC1482EF809.png
    8E0582CA-4DA8-4FCB-B147-CDC1482EF809.png
    203.1 KB · Views: 14
Thanks JenniD. Thinking there should be at least one more hearing before her trial. I'll keep an eye out on the court site. Hopefully, it will work! :)

Prosecutors add conspiracy charge in death of Sydney Loofe

Lawyers are also asking the judge to ban cameras in the courtroom and to sequester potential witnesses. Lawyers are also asking the judge to ban the jury from being shown gruesome pictures.

Defense motions filed:
Motion for the defendant to be free from restraints when in the presence of the jury
Motion in Limine Hearsay Statements
Motion to Exclude Memorial buttons, clothing, signs, pins, photographs or other items
Motion in Limine to exclude testimony related to witchcraft, sorcery, or the occult
Motion to allow the defendant to wear civilian clothing when in the presence of the jury
Motion to Sequester (perspective witnesses)
Motion to prevent law enforcement witnesses for testifying while wearing uniforms, badge of office or firearms
Motion in Limine Other Bad Acts or Character Evidence
Motion to Send Venire Supplemental Questionnaire
Motion to Prevent Death Qualification of the jury

Still no future court hearing but the trial date on court site.

Prosecutors add conspiracy charge in death of Sydney Loofe

Lawyers are also asking the judge to ban the jury from being shown gruesome pictures.

Motion in Limine to exclude testimony related to witchcraft, sorcery, or the occult

Motion in Limine Other Bad Acts or Character Evidence

Motion to Prevent Death Qualification of the jury

Still no future court hearing but the trial date on court site.

SBM

Banning these would be a great injustice to Sydney IMO. Let’s hope justice prevails.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yedi
Back