MISTRIAL MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I tend to agree with you, the charges could have been more accommodating.
But I think the prosecution thought this was gunna be easy slam dunk.
Will be a tight ship if it gets to trial again.

I stated in a post earlier I predict that when the prosecution bring charges again.... karen will plead out for invol manslaughter and DUI.
Serve under 2 years.
over and out!

moo

(I personally think they will go her harder charges and she is deserving of them but they will meet inthe middle and just be done with this crap show!)
It will be justice of small sorts for John O'keefe.
I am not so sure.
Hopefully, but if there are any political reshufflings in Norfolk, it may never happen.

I am not so sure.
Hopefully, but if there are any political reshufflings in Norfolk, it may never happen.
Well Jackson tried his damnest, brought as many smoke and mirrors as he could muster to the table.
The case wasn't anywhere near as botched as the defence exaggerated it to be.
The sheer volume of people unconnected and unrelated insinuated to be part of a conspiracy that had no substance other than opinions like...well maybe this happened...and maybe that could have happened..... no factual evidence to support it.
The pro karen readers may be loud.... but it can not be discounted the amount of loved ones, professional good people of MA and their supporters... mad as hell at the shade thrown their way.
How sad times we live...when a mother enters the court house of HER SON, a good police officer MURDER trial and she is booed.
All this is brewing into a storm coming KR's way.

Its not going to be let go. No matter how many reshufflings might come along. A reshuffle doesn't mean anything negative for a department keen and capable of getting justice for not only one of their own...but to restore faith in their community that they are a force to be reckoned with.
AJ had to get that not guilty.
He didn't.

I have total faith the state will bring what it needs to this little county and get it done.
And if KR is smart she will plead out for Invol manslaughter and a DUI.

Till then....KR might be free but sleeping with one eye open.....

MOO

Last edited:
Ummm couldn’t we say all of them were drunk and excuse all behavior then. Shes stone cold sober making them interviews and changing up how she last saw him. I mean if she seen him putting her head in the door why would she question hitting him. Drives me crazy that everyone totally excuses everything she does.
When new experts are brought in that say John was hit by a car…then what. Tail light pieces around his body and in his shirt say he was.

All those tail light pieces, with extra pieces that did not belong to the lexus tail light and fit into the reconstruction after it was assembled in the lab. New experts won't be able to account for those extra pieces that aren't a part of the original tail light.

There’s also zero evidence that John ever entered that house or that any one else hurt him. Sadly in my eye so many people’s lives have been ruined over this.

And why is there no evidence of that? Because they never checked the house.

A cop dies on the front lawn and the house isn't even searched. Totally legit.

IMO MOO

I think in trial watching, we have also seen many instances where experts gave conflicting testimony, and we are left to decide which sides experts were more convincing.

What does being an "expert" even mean anymore?

It doesn't take an expert to understand that a man hit by a car so hard he was deposited 8 feet away from the roadway would sustain injuries below his head.

I ask you, with the upmost sincerity, to explain how you think this vehicular homicide played out, exactly?

No matter how many reshufflings might come along. A reshuffle doesn't mean anything negative for a department keen and capable of getting justice for not only one of their own...but to restore faith in their community that they are a force to be reckoned with.

RSBM
How utterly deplorable that their priority would be restoring faith about being a force to be reckoned with, as opposed to a force that operates with justice, truth, and integrity. Nobody doubts that they’re tenacious when they think you’ve murdered someone. What’s up for dispute is how low they will stoop to prove their suspect is guilty.

RSBM
How utterly deplorable that their priority would be restoring faith about being a force to be reckoned with, as opposed to a force that operates with justice, truth, and integrity. Nobody doubts that they’re tenacious when they think you’ve murdered someone. What’s up for dispute is how low they will stoop to prove their suspect is guilty.
Excellent first post. Welcome to WS/out of lurkdom!

I don't think she lied, but even if she did, would that change the fact that John wasn't struck by a vehicle?
It is not a fact that John was not struck by a vehicle.

One set of experts offered this opinion based on pictures they looked at, while not considering other evidence that very much argues he was struck.

For those who watched the trial, we know the ME testified a beating was absolutely possible.

We also heard the CW's dog DNA expert admit that she had no idea how/where John's clothing was swabbed (hint, they came from Michael Proctor) and that dog's claws tend not to transmit DNA because they consist of mostly dead tissue.

And finally, there was pig ear DNA on the clothing. I don't think John likely ate any pig ears that night, but we know many dog treats are made with pig ears.
IMO, DNA swabs should have come from the actual wounds on JO's arms, like a rape kit. And they looked like bite marks so why not test for dog's (or animal) DNA.

Also so troubling that MP had no chain of custody on evidence. Speaks volumes.

IMO, DNA swabs should have come from the actual wounds on JO's arms, like a rape kit. And they looked like bite marks so why not test for dog's (or animal) DNA.

Also so troubling that MP had no chain of custody on evidence. Speaks volumes.

And we have no idea what Proctor allegedly swabbed and sent in. Given that he planted taillight, there is no reason to assume his handling of John's clothing was legit.

Colin Albert " belongs to" ( son of ) Julie and Chris Albert. Chris Albert is an elected Canton Town Selectman. Chris Albert owns a pizza shop in Canton, and is the brother of Brian Albert, previous owner of 34 Fairview where JOK's body was found.
Julie Albert, Colin's Mom...offered to buy a "gift" for Michael Proctor ( Lead Investigator, now suspended without pay) shortly after the death of JOK, for " when this is all over". Testified to in court.
thanks, I missed him in the line up, no pun intended

Thanks..

This bit though..

“The proceedings continue to be the daily subject of commentary on various social media platforms,” the judge added. “People associated with the case have been charged with intimidation.”

Hardly appropriate to refer to an ongoing dodgy, at best, case in this fashion or amirigh

Who has been charged with intimidation?

Regarding JA’s motion to dismiss … who rules on this? Tia!

Judge Beverly Cannone.

I think she'll have to speak to each juror individually and ask each if they intended to find Read not guilty on counts 1 and 3. If all 12 are definitive that they did, she'll have to grant the motion, IMO.

But I suspect she'll find enough ambiguity in their responses to deny the motion. Even though she's the one who screwed up here in not clarifying whether they were hung on all counts.

I found where KR is between BH and JO at the bar, start at about 28ish minutes.

Karen Read's Defense Rips Brian Albert Over Testimony, Allegedly Wiping Cell Phone​

Last edited:
There’s also zero evidence that John ever entered that house or that any one else hurt him. Sadly in my eye so many people’s lives have been ruined over this.
BH testified he thought a tall man with dark hair came into the house.

I would love to see a layout of the house. I suspect JO came in through the main door of the house and BA said the door to the basement was 6-8ft from the front door. That seems odd to be so close, but would like to see.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvdbxo
Back