GUILTY NE - Sydney Loofe, 24, brutally murdered, Lincoln, 15 Nov 2017 #4 *Boswell appeal 2023*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think there has been some truth in all of this, just having to piece it all together and throw out the BS is what’s hard. I really do think they lured Sydney in to be BB’s “kill”. Sometime in there drug induced craze, they started believing this witchcraft stuff and started looking for someone for BB to kill. Remember the girl at Walmart in Beatrice? I think she was their first target but after that didn’t work out, back to Tinder BB went and focused in on Sydney. And I still believe BB was the one who did it. AT would do whatever she said, because he was never gonna find an attractive, young female ever again who was willing to sleep with him.

JMO of course.

I don't think they selected her to be BB's kill. I think they selected her to be AG's kill. I think they used it as a way to hold more power over her. He told AH she could leave the cult at any time until she killed someone.

I also think that BB got off on it.

I also think they made a video with the intention of selling (possibly ended up deleting it).

I think AT was in it for the money, like he said, and BB was in it for the sadism.

(JMO, if starting every sentence with "I think" didn't make that clear already ;) )

Jenna Liston FOX42 on Twitter
Aubrey Trail's testimony recap:

The judge says we could be heading into jury deliberations by tomorrow afternoon.

[video at link. Reporter talks about the day, there is some footage of trail rambling/testifying, and there are some video shots of people listening/reactions in the courtroom during testimony.]

[video at tweet link]
Tommy Rezac on Twitter
Busy day in Wilber today.

Full written, video recap of Trail's testimony:

southeast.newschannelnebraska.com/story/40767766…

Recap from this morning's business:

southeast.newschannelnebraska.com/story/40761146…

Trail:
Trail: "I am the one that caused Sydney's death"
[Video at link]

Aubrey Trail back in court Tuesday for the first time since outburst
Aubrey Trail back in court Tuesday for the first time since outburst
In several lengthy, handwritten messages, Trail essentially gives Boswell a story to tell authorities. He instructed Boswell to tell authorities that he killed Sydney Loofe on purpose.

"You now believe that I planned to kill someone all along," Trail wrote, "and I used you to help me. You will have to fill in blanks baby, but this story is good."

Those tools I bought at Home Depot? I bought them. You just went in with me. I told you I needed them to work on some antiques I had."

Records show that Trail purchased a hacksaw, replacement blades and tinsnips on the morning of Nov. 15 - just hours before Boswell picked up Loofe at her Lincoln residence.

Trail writes to Boswell, "Add this stuff...I asked you to go to Dollar General to buy trash bags and Bleach. I told you (the body) was put into plastic totes, and they were moved from the back seat to the trunk of my car."
imo, why is he not just pleading guilty at this point? He told BB to tell police he killed SL on purpose. He wrote in a letter to BB that he planned to kill someone all along. He reminds BB that HE bought the tools at Home Depot [bought before the murder, presumably used to dismember SL]. Whether it was bs or not is his problem, by saying/writing those things, he is implicating himself in the murder (which he fully admits), disposal (which he already plead guilty to), & IMO premeditation, which is what he seems to be unwilling to admit guilt to by saying her death was an accident. How is he dumb enough to think he can blame it on an accident, when he himself said/wrote those things? I feel like this, in addition to all of the other testimony the jury has heard, and the lack of credibility he has given himself, should ensure a guilty verdict, and I am hoping without a lengthy deliberation.

Last edited:
Star-Herald on Twitter
“Isn’t it true, Mr. Trail, that your performance today is your biggest con?” Doug Warner of the Nebraska Attorney General’s Office asked Aubrey Trail during testimony Tuesday. “That you are throwing some s- — on the wall and you hope it sticks?”

On the stand, Trail changes story about how Loofe died; isn't this 'your biggest con?' prosecutor asks
On the stand, Trail changes story about how Loofe died; isn't this 'your biggest con?' prosecutor asks
After first denying any role in the death of Sydney Loofe, then maintaining it was an accident during the filming of a sexual fantasy, Aubrey Trail spun a new story on Tuesday.

Before a hushed courtroom at his murder trial, Trail said it was all “bulls---.”
It was a stunning change of story for Trail, who had claimed that two women had paid him $15,000 to film a sexual fantasy with a third woman who would be choked nearly to death.

But on Tuesday, after taking the stand in his own defense, Trail gave another version.
Prosecutors tore into his latest account of events, saying that it changed whenever investigators uncovered new evidence in Loofe’s slaying, and that it was a reflection of his life’s work as a criminal and a con artist.

Trail himself acknowledged on the stand Tuesday that he had spent most of the past decade in prison for crimes such as forgery and passing bad checks, and had recently been convicted of scamming a Kansas couple out of nearly a half million dollars.

“Isn’t it true, Mr. Trail, that your performance today is your biggest con?” asked Doug Warner of the Nebraska Attorney General’s Office. “That you are throwing some s- — on the wall and you hope it sticks?”

Trail rejected that and said people will have to “decide what you believe.”

Wednesday, July 10th:
*Trial continues (Day 14) (@ 9am CT) - NE - Sydney Loofe (24) (Nov. 15, 2017, Lincoln; found Dec. 4 & 5, 2017 in Edgar, east of Clay Center) – only for *Aubrey C. Trail (51) charged & indicted (6/11/18) & arraigned (7/13/18) with 1st degree murder & improper disposal of human remains (plead guilty to this charge 6/18/19) & charged (3/1/19) with conspiracy to commit murder. Plead not guilty. No bond. DA will seek DP.
Trial started 6/17/19 with jury selection. Trial started on 6/18/19 & runs thru 7/8/19. Jurors: 7 women & 5 men, with 3 women alternates. One juror was excused for family emergency on 6/28/19 (no gender available). Jurors could be 8 women & 4 men. Now 2 women alternates.
Court info & Trial info from Day 1-11 (6/11/19 to 7/3/19) reference post #21 here:
Found Deceased - NE - Sydney Loofe, 24, Lincoln, 15 Nov 2017 - #4

7/8/19 Day 12: Trail is not in court today. State witnesses: Dr. Michelle Elieff, Pathologist did autopsy on Sydney. Steven Symes, Forensic Anthropologist. FBI Agent Mike Maseth. The State will call one more witness tomorrow & defense has 2 witnesses to call, unsure if Trail will testify. Jury should start deliberations on Wednesday. Trial continues on 7/9.
7/9/19 Day 13: Trail back in court today. Judge allowed letters from jail in as evidence (letters from AT & BB). State witness: FBI Investigator Mike Maseth. State rests. Defense witnesses: Terra Gehrig (friend of Sydney's). JoLana Randall (works at Grand Weaver Hotel in Fall City/helps with reservations & handling money. She saw Boswell/Trail, 3 or 4 times, she said she saw Loofe for sure twice. Another hotel clerk from Fall City (no name given) (saw Loofe with Trail & Boswell there weeks before her supposed dates with Boswell). Aubrey Trail (testified for about 4 hours). The judge says we could be heading into jury deliberations by tomorrow afternoon. Trial continues on 7/10.

*Bailey M. Boswell (23) – Next Pretrial hearing on 8/9. Trial starts 10/25 thru 11/1/19.

I haven’t seen a lot in the media on the cross examination - does it continue today as well? Or is it all closing arguments and deliberation?

I've only seen that the prosecutor stated this was AT's biggest con. I imagine (hope) the cross examination of AT continues today, so the jury has NO doubt whatsoever that Sydney's murder was premeditated, as was her dismemberment and disposal.

JMO, the jury got a chance yesterday to see first-hand just how remorseless and callous this man is. His "stab" at feigning regret was pathetic, IMO, when he said he had to live with what he did everyday.

My guess is if he hadn't been caught, he'd be living with what he did perfectly fine and there would have been more victims, IMO.

So glad the Lincoln police called K.B. and left a message. They were ready to kill another person in Kearney and they high-tailed it out of there after LE left the voice mail.

JMO

So did Sydney know them? The hotel person testified she had seen Sydney with them, and recognised the tattoos. Sydney asked in her date messages with BB whether it would be just the two of them. So did they lure her back with the intention of killing her? That is what it seems like to me. JMO.

So did Sydney know them? The hotel person testified she had seen Sydney with them, and recognised the tattoos. Sydney asked in her date messages with BB whether it would be just the two of them. So did they lure her back with the intention of killing her? That is what it seems like to me. JMO.

They should be able to prove if she was with them on phone records or her work schedule.

I don’t buy it.

Jenna Liston stated in her video that all of Trail's testimony will be uploaded-- all 4 hours worth. I am most interested in the state's cross-examination of him since we have heard so little. I hate that most of the press has been the side of the narrative that Trail wanted to present.

On another note, I don't think I could have sat in that courtroom if I was Sydney's family with Trail stating what he did about the death of Sydney. I would just be destroyed or tempted to rush into him and harm him.

We started out with Terra Gherig again (one of Loofe’s friends).

Prosecutors asked her questions about Loofe’s bedroom/closet/what Loofe used to wear.

The next witness was FBI investigator Mike Maseth.

He ran through a timeline of Loofe’s schedule at Menards. Loofe's timecards show some of the days she was suppose to work & Loofe didn’t show up.

(some of those dates were in September and October).

The last witness was John Cummings - he ran the antique shop near the Grand Weaver hotel.

He said he noticed Trail would come in with his “wife” and Boswell. He didn’t recognize Loofe’s photo but said another blonde woman would be with him sometimes.

We are now preparing for closing arguments - I will be back with more updates after the break. @FOX42KPTM

[wonder who the ‘wife’ actually is, and I’ll bet the blonde Cummings said was NOT SL could very well be the one the other two witnesses from yesterday said was SL at the hotel with Bb and AT multiple times.]

I chose not to attend today. After listening to AT yesterday I have had enough. Prosecution did minimal cross examination yesterday. I fully expect more today
AT has taken all of the testimonies so far in this trial and has used it to create his new story. He is such a master manipulator. I watched the jury very closely yesterday for reactions. When he first took the stand they all just stared at him with looks of disgust but as he went on with his testimony- very soft spoken I observed the juries demeanor change to where they almost looked like they believed him. Then during cross examination he became very arrogant and they once again changed back to the states of disgust

Tommy Rezac on Twitter
Morning break now. Both sides have rested their case. Closing arguments should begin soon. Aubrey Trail is present for the second straight day.

Tommy Rezac on Twitter
Judge Vicky Johnson has also approved live tweeting for the verdict - whenever it comes. @NewsChannelNE will carry the verdict live if it's allowed. Judge is still deciding on that one.

I chose not to attend today. After listening to AT yesterday I have had enough. Prosecution did minimal cross examination yesterday. I fully expect more today
AT has taken all of the testimonies so far in this trial and has used it to create his new story. He is such a master manipulator. I watched the jury very closely yesterday for reactions. When he first took the stand they all just stared at him with looks of disgust but as he went on with his testimony- very soft spoken I observed the juries demeanor change to where they almost looked like they believed him. Then during cross examination he became very arrogant and they once again changed back to the states of disgust

I can't say I blame you. I don't think I could do it.
Thank you for all you are doing and posting - it's much appreciated. Take a much deserved break and do something that makes you happy!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dokkuyifyi
Back