Found Deceased NE - Sydney Loofe, 24, Lincoln, 15 Nov 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.omaha.com/news/crime/att...cle_a0aaea80-e106-11e7-9cb2-d730ad9f6d23.html

Also Thursday, The World-Herald learned that the body of the 24-year-old Lincoln woman was found in pieces in rural Clay County, according to two law enforcement officials familiar with the case.

That, the sources said, has led to investigation of whether Loofe’s death was a ritualistic slaying.

sick, sick, sick....

Absolutely unbelievable. I was wondering why so many locations were being searched in connection to SL's disappearance. This may be why.

Dismemberment doesn't prompt thoughts of ritualistic slaying in most cases. More a function of transporting/disposal in those I've read about. Wonder what made them think this in Sidney's case?

I read a bunch of comments before this was even released....not sure if it's okay to post....but since the media article did say ritualistic killing....anyway locals were posting her blood was drained. Uh...yah.

Dismemberment doesn't prompt thoughts of ritualistic slaying in most cases. More a function of transporting/disposal in those I've read about. Wonder what made them think this in Sidney's case?

Agreed - dismemberment itself does not lend to the idea of a ritualistic slaying. There has got to be more to it...right? Also, why is the FBI involved? This all stayed in Nebraska right? Or am I missing a part where something occurred over state boundaries? I do remember reading something about Missouri...completely blows my mind, this couple. The age differences alone...there has got to be drugs involved in the mix. Or psychosis. Or both?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So long as the charges are at the felony level they would be handled in the district court. Clay and Saline are in the same district and share jurisdiction. Clearly, the charges will be felony level but there are so many related to death in general it's hard to say yet which ones will be presented against AT.

http://www.claycounty.ne.gov/webpages/district_court/district_court.html

They share a district but I’m almost positive the charges would be filed in the county the crime occurred in. The districts pertain more to the judges presiding over the counties in that district. Any proceedings in the case would occur in that county, the presiding judge would just travel there.

Maybe that’s what you were trying to say and I’m being dense and missed the point. I apologize if that’s what happened, it’s been a long day!

Agreed - dismemberment itself does not lend to the idea of a ritualistic slaying. There has got to be more to it...right? Also, why is the FBI involved? This all stayed in Nebraska right? Or am I missing a part where something occurred over state boundaries? I do remember reading something about Missouri...completely blows my mind, this couple. The age differences alone...there has got to be drugs involved in the mix. Or psychosis. Or both?

Technically It's a cyber crime...which would prompt FBI

Thinking back to when I was told by a friend of a local officer that our minds would be blown when the truth comes out. Proving to be true. [emoji53]

http://www.omaha.com/news/crime/att...cle_a0aaea80-e106-11e7-9cb2-d730ad9f6d23.html

Also Thursday, The World-Herald learned that the body of the 24-year-old Lincoln woman was found in pieces in rural Clay County, according to two law enforcement officials familiar with the case.

That, the sources said, has led to investigation of whether Loofe’s death was a ritualistic slaying.

sick, sick, sick....

This is what I have been hearing since a few days after they found her body. I said a week or so ago my mind was blown by what I had heard, based on the videos they posted I had kind of assumed these two were a little off, and definitely capable of killing her, I think I just struggle wrapping my brain around ANYONE being able to do something so violent and horrible to someone else. And all of this is happening in MY community. So horrifying.

I also wanted to add, Korey Reiman is the attorney appointed to represent AT, from what I know of him, he’s a heck of an attorney, not that it’s a good thing in this situation!

Thinking back to when I was told by a friend of a local officer that our minds would be blown when the truth comes out. Proving to be true. [emoji53]

I was told the same thing by a law enforcement officer too....[emoji26]

Did they just sit out in a field all night doing this? Hoping no one drove by or what? I imagine this would take a great deal of time. Also wasn't it probably cold. I'm just so confused. ****ing sick at all levels. I expected to hear this after all the comments I saw that eluded to it...but I was really hoping it was wrong. Damn.

This is what I have been hearing since a few days after they found her body. I said a week or so ago my mind was blown by what I had heard, based on the videos they posted I had kind of assumed these two were a little off, and definitely capable of killing her, I think I just struggle wrapping my brain around ANYONE being able to do something so violent and horrible to someone else. And all of this is happening in MY community. So horrifying.

I also wanted to add, Korey Reiman is the attorney appointed to represent AT, from what I know of him, he’s a heck of an attorney, not that it’s a good thing in this situation!

I googled korey earlier. Seems he ran for a seat in the house a few years ago. Was known for doing a lot of veteran cases it said among other things, seemed like a "good dude"....on that note are public defenders allowed to pass on cases or naw?
I imagine this case would be hard to take in nebraska...small state...national media attention...heinous murder. Guy has a family and his own kids....no thanks.

Did they just sit out in a field all night doing this? Hoping no one drove by or what? I imagine this would take a great deal of time. Also wasn't it probably cold. I'm just so confused. ****ing sick at all levels. I expected to hear this after all the comments I saw that eluded to it...but I was really hoping it was wrong. Damn.

With the rumors and multiple search locations, I sort of expected this, too. But so incredible, so unbelievable that anyone could be capable of this.

I imagine that LE will be able to tell if they did the dismemberment in an attempt to hide the body, or if it was part of some very sick ritual.

ETA: If LE has the vehicle they drove the night of SL's murder, there is likely evidence in that vehicle.

I expected eventual confirmation of the dismemberment but I am quite shocked they released info on the possible motivation. They must have evidence leaning that way. "That, the sources said, has led to investigation of whether Loofe’s death was a ritualistic slaying." Wow. I also wonder why the main focus is on AT.

http://www.omaha.com/news/crime/wom...cle_a0aaea80-e106-11e7-9cb2-d730ad9f6d23.html

I googled korey earlier. Seems he ran for a seat in the house a few years ago. Was known for doing a lot of veteran cases it said among other things, seemed like a "good dude"....on that note are public defenders allowed to pass on cases or naw?
I imagine this case would be hard to take in nebraska...small state...national media attention...heinous murder. Guy has a family and his own kids....no thanks.

He’s well known for his DUI and Drug cases and he’s very successful at those. I wasn’t aware that he did public defender work but it’s been several months since I’ve worked in that field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member