Found Deceased NE - Sydney Loofe, 24, Lincoln, 15 Nov 2017 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul Hammel on Twitter
This morning, jailers at Saline County Jail testified about coded letters Aubrey Trail had passed to his fiancé, Bailey Boswell, when both were jailed there in 2018

Paul Hammel on Twitter
Notes were found in jail library stuck under a door with toothpaste. Also, two letters were confiscated in Boswell’s cell including one that told here how to decode the messages

Paul Hammel on Twitter
Earlier in trial, prosecutors said one letter was Trail providing a “story” that Boswell should tell investigators

Bbm

Well after today’s testimonies and video surveillance that I saw I now have no doubt that BB & AT we’re both in on this and it was a premeditated murder. Watching both of them go from Home Depot where they bought a hack saw, hacksaw blades, knives, additional blades plastic tarps, tinsnips, and then to go on to the Aardvark antique Mall and purchase additional tools to include to meat grinders , Weed cutter, a folding saw, a hand drill and a pair of pliers. Then to watch B B go on to two more stores and buy multiple boxes of 30 gallon black trash bags, multiple gallons of bleach. She picked up Sydney anddrove directly to Wilbur. Sydney’s phone was dead 30 minutes after their arrival.
Also to watch B B purchase the aluminum roasting pan’s just prior to going to pick up Sydney made me sick to my stomach

I have no doubt this was a planned murder and both were in on it.

I don't get the landlord and son's testimony that they heard nothing.

I dont think the toxicology report was released. Heck, we didnt even see autopsy. Everything was a big secret until recently.

Paul Hammel on Twitter
Friday afternoon’s testimony in the Aubrey Trail murder trial was about as gruesome as it gets. Talk of cutting up a body, draining the blood and depositing the body in a ‘sacred’ so it would be incarnated faster

Paul Hammel on Twitter
“I don’t believe in the God you do” Trail said at one point to two @FBI interrogators. Hard to disagree with that

Trail lays out explicit details about Loofe's slaying in June 2018 interview

Warning: some of the contents of this article may be found disturbing.

WILBER - Before his trial, Aubrey Trail talked to law enforcement. A lot.

Since his arrest on Nov. 30, 2017, Trail has given an estimated 11-12 interviews to various law enforcement agencies.

On Friday, Trail was absent from his own murder trial for a fourth straight day, but the jury still heard plenty from him.

FBI special agent Mike Maset presented a DVD that contained a nearly three-hour interview with Trail from June 11, 2018 at the Saline County Jail in Wilber.

By June of last year, Trail had already given numerous interviews. In this particular one, Trail is seen wearing an orange jumpsuit, and is interviewed in a small side room by two FBI agents, including Maset.

The questions in this lengthy back-and-forth focused mainly on the night of Nov. 15, when Sydney Loofe came to Wilber with Bailey Boswell, and then the day after, when Boswell and Trail disposed of Loofe's remains in rural Clay County.

As stated before, Trail claims in the interview that Loofe voluntarily participated in a sexual fantasy involving "two other individuals."

Kaitlyn Brandle, who traded her silver Chrysler Sebring for Trail's black Ford 500, is believed to be one of those individuals involved. Trail said Randle was at his Wilber apartment the night Loofe died.

However, Trail claimed sole responsibility for Loofe's death in the interview.

"The truth is, I killed Sydney Loofe," he said.

Trail claimed he offered Loofe $5,000 to participate in the sexual fantasy. Trail also claims he was offered $15,000 by an unnamed party to "set the whole thing up."

"There was strangulation involved," Trail stated. "I never forced her to do anything. The last thing she said to me was, 'will I be okay?'"

Trail was asked by the interviewing agents why he bought a hacksaw, tin snips, drop cloths, bleach, trash bags and other things during the day of Nov. 15 - hours before Loofe was picked up by Boswell.

"I don't know," Trail said, when asked about the hacksaw. "That other stuff is household stuff. I have a lot of antiques. I use tinsnips (and the other tools) on antiques all the time."

Trail said Loofe died in the bedroom of he and Boswell's apartment, and admitted to cutting up the body in the apartment, but wouldn't specify where.

Trail also admitted to using the Clorox bleach that Boswell bought from the Wilber Dollar General to clean his apartment.

The agents proceeded to ask Trail why rural Clay County was chosen as the place to dispose of Loofe's body.

Trail's defense attorney, Joe Murray, said during opening statements on June 18 that Trail made a "series of bad decisions" after Loofe accidentally died, and Clay County was chosen at random after he and Boswell had been driving south and west of Wilber for a couple of hours.

Trail, however, said in the June 11 interview that Clay County was chosen intentionally, "because that's a sacred place."

He also said Loofe's body was laid out in six sections. Each section, he says, was put in a specific place.

"In our religious beliefs, we believe in that position, she could (reincarnate)," Trail said.

FBI special agent Eli McBride said in testimony earlier this week that Loofe's body was cut into 14 parts. All but one were found.

The six sections Trail said that Loofe was cut into were head, thighs, pelvic area, torso, legs and arms.

"It took anywhere from an hour-and-a-half or two hours," he said.

Trail said the two other women that were in the bedroom when Loofe died helped him put parts into the garbage bags, which were then put in the trunk of the Sebring.

The only reason Loofe was cut up, Trail says, was because her body couldn't fit properly in the car trunk. He also didn't think he could carry a whole body of the apartment without drawing attention to himself.

"It would have been much better if she were whole," he said.

Once Trail realized Loofe's whole body wouldn't fit in the trunk, that's when the decision was made to cut her up in such a way that was in accordance with his religious beliefs, according to the interview.

The interviewing agents noted that the cuts Trail made on Loofe's body were clean, and also noted that basically no blood was found in his apartment after numerous searches.

In this interview, Trail claimed that he, with Boswell's assistance, made a "deep cut" on Loofe's neck and drained all of her blood into a container. He also says the container was destroyed, but he didn't go into detail on that.

Trail says he was wearing a jumpsuit, or something similar to that, when cutting Loofe's body.

A sauna suit was among the items recovered with Loofe's body in Clay County.

Trail said Boswell helped him dispose of Loofe's body, but said emphatically that "she did not participate" in the sexual fantasy on Nov. 15 involving Loofe.

Trail was then asked why he didn't just go to the authorities and tell them Boswell wasn't involved in Loofe's death.

"I thought I could get away with it," Trail admitted.

Trail faces the death penalty if convicted of first degree murder.

Trail lays out explicit details about Loofe's slaying in June 2018 interview

Warning: some of the contents of this article may be found disturbing.

WILBER - Before his trial, Aubrey Trail talked to law enforcement. A lot.

Since his arrest on Nov. 30, 2017, Trail has given an estimated 11-12 interviews to various law enforcement agencies.

On Friday, Trail was absent from his own murder trial for a fourth straight day, but the jury still heard plenty from him.

FBI special agent Mike Maset presented a DVD that contained a nearly three-hour interview with Trail from June 11, 2018 at the Saline County Jail in Wilber.

By June of last year, Trail had already given numerous interviews. In this particular one, Trail is seen wearing an orange jumpsuit, and is interviewed in a small side room by two FBI agents, including Maset.

The questions in this lengthy back-and-forth focused mainly on the night of Nov. 15, when Sydney Loofe came to Wilber with Bailey Boswell, and then the day after, when Boswell and Trail disposed of Loofe's remains in rural Clay County.

As stated before, Trail claims in the interview that Loofe voluntarily participated in a sexual fantasy involving "two other individuals."

Kaitlyn Brandle, who traded her silver Chrysler Sebring for Trail's black Ford 500, is believed to be one of those individuals involved. Trail said Randle was at his Wilber apartment the night Loofe died.

However, Trail claimed sole responsibility for Loofe's death in the interview.

"The truth is, I killed Sydney Loofe," he said.

Trail claimed he offered Loofe $5,000 to participate in the sexual fantasy. Trail also claims he was offered $15,000 by an unnamed party to "set the whole thing up."

"There was strangulation involved," Trail stated. "I never forced her to do anything. The last thing she said to me was, 'will I be okay?'"

Trail was asked by the interviewing agents why he bought a hacksaw, tin snips, drop cloths, bleach, trash bags and other things during the day of Nov. 15 - hours before Loofe was picked up by Boswell.

"I don't know," Trail said, when asked about the hacksaw. "That other stuff is household stuff. I have a lot of antiques. I use tinsnips (and the other tools) on antiques all the time."

Trail said Loofe died in the bedroom of he and Boswell's apartment, and admitted to cutting up the body in the apartment, but wouldn't specify where.

Trail also admitted to using the Clorox bleach that Boswell bought from the Wilber Dollar General to clean his apartment.

The agents proceeded to ask Trail why rural Clay County was chosen as the place to dispose of Loofe's body.

Trail's defense attorney, Joe Murray, said during opening statements on June 18 that Trail made a "series of bad decisions" after Loofe accidentally died, and Clay County was chosen at random after he and Boswell had been driving south and west of Wilber for a couple of hours.

Trail, however, said in the June 11 interview that Clay County was chosen intentionally, "because that's a sacred place."

He also said Loofe's body was laid out in six sections. Each section, he says, was put in a specific place.

"In our religious beliefs, we believe in that position, she could (reincarnate)," Trail said.

FBI special agent Eli McBride said in testimony earlier this week that Loofe's body was cut into 14 parts. All but one were found.

The six sections Trail said that Loofe was cut into were head, thighs, pelvic area, torso, legs and arms.

"It took anywhere from an hour-and-a-half or two hours," he said.

Trail said the two other women that were in the bedroom when Loofe died helped him put parts into the garbage bags, which were then put in the trunk of the Sebring.

The only reason Loofe was cut up, Trail says, was because her body couldn't fit properly in the car trunk. He also didn't think he could carry a whole body of the apartment without drawing attention to himself.

"It would have been much better if she were whole," he said.

Once Trail realized Loofe's whole body wouldn't fit in the trunk, that's when the decision was made to cut her up in such a way that was in accordance with his religious beliefs, according to the interview.

The interviewing agents noted that the cuts Trail made on Loofe's body were clean, and also noted that basically no blood was found in his apartment after numerous searches.

In this interview, Trail claimed that he, with Boswell's assistance, made a "deep cut" on Loofe's neck and drained all of her blood into a container. He also says the container was destroyed, but he didn't go into detail on that.

Trail says he was wearing a jumpsuit, or something similar to that, when cutting Loofe's body.

A sauna suit was among the items recovered with Loofe's body in Clay County.

Trail said Boswell helped him dispose of Loofe's body, but said emphatically that "she did not participate" in the sexual fantasy on Nov. 15 involving Loofe.

Trail was then asked why he didn't just go to the authorities and tell them Boswell wasn't involved in Loofe's death.

"I thought I could get away with it," Trail admitted.

Trail faces the death penalty if convicted of first degree murder.
What is the status of Kaitlin? Is she charged with anything? Is she testifying?

Trail tells FBI agents how Sydney Loofe was killed, what happened afterward in video shown to jurors
Trail tells FBI agents how Sydney Loofe was killed, what happened afterward in video shown to jurors
Aubrey Trail was combative, often veering off the subject and inspiring comments of "bulls---" more than once from his FBI interrogators.
He said Loofe had complained about money problems and had accepted $5,000 for her role. Trail said that she knew it would involve rough sex, but that she was accidentally strangled with an electrical cord.
"It was too many times, too long," Trail told the investigators at one point. "I let a fantasy go down that I knew, when it was set up … that it had the potential for going bad."
He said he’d been paid $15,000 for the fantasy by the two women, and let it happen "because I was greedy."
Trail's story about the intentional placement of Loofe's remains doesn't match previous testimony by law enforcement officials, who have said the body parts appeared to be randomly tossed in ditches. There has been no mention of any cemeteries in Clay County, or any searches there, in prior trial testimony.
Trail, who had an antique business with Boswell and was convicted last year with her of scamming a Kansas couple out of $400,000 in an antique deal, revealed on the tape that he had a second occupation — conducting "hardcore" sexual fantasies for people whom he contacted over the Internet.

He said he got paid up to $30,000, and once staged a fantasy for a woman from Alabama who came all the way to Wilber.
"Everything in the world is based on money," Trail said, boasting that his life was "money, sex and women."

He rejected the suggestion that Loofe was forced to participate.

"It’s always been, 'I'll pay you this much money. This is what you have to do. Yes or no,'" Trail said.

He added that another woman, a prostitute, was to participate in the choking fantasy but had backed out, which led him to suggest it to Loofe.
The agents, Mike Maseth and Eli McBride, expressed disbelief at some of Trail's comments, told him to get back on the subject of Loofe's slaying, and pressed him on how Loofe's body could have been cut up "without a huge mess."
After several minutes passed, Trail said that he had drained Loofe’s body of its blood, and deposited the blood and her "soul" in a place that law enforcement had not located.

"I'm a low-down piece of s---, a monster, whatever," he said during the interrogation. "But I’m not giving anyone up."

That included the two unidentified women whom he said had paid for the sexual fantasy involving Loofe. In it, he said, Loofe was supposed to be brought “to the brink” of death during sex.

"My job was to keep the monsters in the cage," he said of the fantasies.

"I'm not per se lying," Trail said at one point during the videotape. "Am I covering some people's tracks? Yes. Am I going to make it easy for you? No."

Trail, after being pressed by the FBI agents, denied that Loofe’s heart was removed as the body was cut up. But that led to his dissertation on his "belief system," including that everyone who was there when Loofe died had to leave "something they liked" — which included a sex toy — with the body parts as part of an "apology."
Jurors stared with troubled looks at the video as it played on three screens. Loofe’s mother left the courtroom at one point.

The mood in the courtroom Friday was by far the most somber during the trial, and this was after photographs of the body parts were shared with jurors earlier in the week.
Gosh I cannot imagine how hard it must be for her family sitting in court watching and listening to the videos of this evil pig. He is the lowest of low. IMO

Trail claims he cut up Sydney Loofe to honor his religion
Trail claims he cut up Sydney Loofe to honor his religion
“The reason I’m sitting here telling you anything was, anything at all, the reason I'm going to tell you a lot more is for one reason... the last thing that Sydney Loofe ever said was, ‘Will I be ok?’ and I said yes...but here she is not ok.”
Trail says they had to cut her up and drain her blood to release her soul to the gods in a sacred spot.

Lori Pilger on Twitter
Defense objections kept jailhouse letters from being admitted into evidence so jurors heard testimony from jailers who found them but didn’t get to see them. There apparently were others who could’ve left them where they were found & no proof it was Trail.

Lori Pilger on Twitter
The state had mentioned them to the jury in opening statements.

Tommy Rezac on Twitter
Adjourned for the weekend.

Still combing through details, but this afternoon, we heard a 3-hour interview Trail gave to FBI agents last June.

"I did kill Sydney Loofe," he says, but maintains it was the result of a sexual fantasy gone wrong.

Tommy Rezac on Twitter
Don’t know. I’ve heard the others that were present that night are likely to testify soon. We’ll know more then I hope.

Tommy Rezac on Twitter
I have heard the phrase plea deal. And thank you!

Jury sees interrogation video where Trail talks of 'dark side,' draining Loofe's body of blood
Holy **** so there is a video of it
Trail told the agents he doesn't believe in the God they do.

He sipped coffee as McBride asked what he did with Loofe's heart.

"To the best of my knowledge nobody cut her heart out. Nobody," Trail said in the macabre exchange.

He said the cemetery in Clay County is a sacred place and that her remains were left there, as they were, so she would be incarnated quicker. He drew on a piece of paper where her head was, her arms, her torso and the rest.

Trail said when he and Bailey Boswell, Trail's fiancé, were out there the day after she died, with Sydney in the trunk of his car in trash bags, a cop followed them for 8 miles.
"Can you explain that? I'm having trouble, Aubrey, understanding. You're buying all this stuff to dispose of a body before Ms. Loofe is dead. It looks more than weird. Weird is understated," Maseth said.

Trail said only that he didn't know she was going to die in his bedroom.
Trail said there were two other women in the room when it happened and a video. But he wouldn't show it to the agents.
Maseth said maybe Boswell had heard his talk about the "dark side" and bought in.

Trail denied it. He said he brought her in but didn't want to let her go all the way in. He said his lifestyle was about bringing things to the brink and coming back.

"It was dangerous, and I knew it," he said.
bbm

Hard to see that in words about the video, but some of us here suspected that. I think that was a part of his motivation from the start, to film it.

I didn't anticipate the sinister "religious" garbage to go along with all this though - but I think another WS way back at the beginning did? Referenced another heinous crime in the state from the 70s that might have influenced this guy? I don't remember the details.

:( :(

jmo

Hard to see that in words about the video, but some of us here suspected that. I think that was a part of his motivation from the start, to film it.

I didn't anticipate the sinister "religious" garbage to go along with all this though - but I think another WS way back at the beginning did? Referenced another heinous crime in the state from the 70s that might have influenced this guy? I don't remember the details.

:( :(

jmo
Agree, not surprised there was a video, as I think that was the whole point of it in AT/BB sick heads, but like you said, seeing it in print was hard. Wonder if they ever got the video. He’s a monster. Have thought the worst of him since day 1, and the worst is only getting worse as his trial started and continues to go on. I’m sure BB will have a similar effect. All IMO

Gosh I cannot imagine how hard it must be for her family sitting in court watching and listening to the videos of this evil pig. He is the lowest of low. IMO
Just like with Yingying’s family, I wish they didn’t feel they must listen to it all. There are things you can’t unsee or unhear. Just knowing the basic outline of what happened is bad enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mocitydon87