Found Deceased NE - Sydney Loofe, 24, Lincoln, 15 Nov 2017 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO, this is very interesting because I do believe the dismemberment was THE real purpose for the murder.

IIRC, within a matter of days of meeting on Tinder, there were over 100 communications between BB and Sydney. It appears BB put forth quite a bit of effort into gaining Sydney's trust and BB's goal was to get Sydney to go to the apartment in Wilber. Would she risk making Sydney suspicious by telling her that she lived with a much older man and that he was going to be at the apartment that night? I don't think BB ever mentioned anything about AT to Sydney.

This is all JMO. The testimony at trial this week will tell the whole story.

I have not heard about the 100 communications. Very interesting. Do you have a source for that information

He told them the cemetery in Clay County is considered special in his belief system and the way they disposed of Loofe's body was intentional. He said he dropped in six spots because her death was an accident.

I think he was referring to how many sections her remains were deposited into, not how many pieces her body was cut into. At least, thank us how I read the following to mean:

“He told them the cemetery in Clay County is considered special in his belief system and the way they disposed of Loofe's body was intentional. He said he dropped in six spots because her death was an accident.”

“"If she had died on purpose there would have been eight parts, she was laid out in six parts that helps her reincarnate faster," Trail said.”

In FBI interview, Trail shares his account of how Sydney Loofe died

I would love to know what cemetery he is referring to?! I work 15 miles from where her remains were found and there is no cemetery in that area that I know of! I will check the clay county plat book tomorrow to see if there’s a small country cemetery to be sure.
I think they just wanted the body to be found the opposite direction in which they would later be found and probably got tired of driving with the fear of the body being in the car. It also makes no sense that they would travel Hwy with her body in the backseat. I did pass them searching the ditches back in March 2018 3 miles west of 41 and 15 intersection because there’s a hill there and I remember coming over the hill and was right upon them without warning. Hwy 41 would have forced them to go through Geneva to even continue on towards clay county but Hwy 74 they would have just passed by small towns. I did pass them searching on Hwy 74 on my way home from work one evening and if I recall correctly her body was on 1-2 miles north of Hwy 74.
Basically I just think they are idiots and are trying to come up with any reason they can to justify their gruesome actions.

I would love to know what cemetery he is referring to?! I work 15 miles from where her remains were found and there is no cemetery in that area that I know of! I will check the clay county plat book tomorrow to see if there’s a small country cemetery to be sure.
I think they just wanted the body to be found the opposite direction in which they would later be found and probably got tired of driving with the fear of the body being in the car. It also makes no sense that they would travel Hwy with her body in the backseat. I did pass them searching the ditches back in March 2018 3 miles west of 41 and 15 intersection because there’s a hill there and I remember coming over the hill and was right upon them without warning. Hwy 41 would have forced them to go through Geneva to even continue on towards clay county but Hwy 74 they would have just passed by small towns. I did pass them searching on Hwy 74 on my way home from work one evening and if I recall correctly her body was on 1-2 miles north of Hwy 74.
Basically I just think they are idiots and are trying to come up with any reason they can to justify their gruesome actions.
The part regarding the disposal of the body that baffles me is they did it in the middle of the afternoon from around 2:30-5:00
How do you drive along a road and throw things out the window ie..phone case, phone, credit card DL then drop 17 garbage bags full of human remains and other pieces of evidence in the middle of the day and NO one sees you???

Interesting read while awaiting monday court.

HuffPost is now part of Oath

The Psychology of Corpse Dismemberment - The Motivation Behind the Most Grotesque of Crimes

clipped by me
"The third most common category is usually referred to as an 'offensive' mutilation where the dismemberment is in fact the real purpose of the murder all along, and these include lust and necro-sadistic murders. Those driven by primarily sexual motives mutilate the corpse in characteristic ways, Konopka, Kunz and colleagues report, for example severing genital organs or breasts. Some perpetrators pull out abdominal organs through the disfigured genital tract. Death by strangling is apparently very common in this kind of homicide."

Well that was quite a disturbing article. I could see this being a lustful, sexually deviant act on Trail’s part. I could also see it potentially being part of a “message” to any people who were potentially present to keep their mouths shut. When he talks to law enforcement and says he won’t roll over or narc on anyone, I wonder if that is actually a message for others to keep quiet about any other knowledge they may have.

The part regarding the disposal of the body that baffles me is they did it in the middle of the afternoon from around 2:30-5:00
How do you drive along a road and throw things out the window ie..phone case, phone, credit card DL then drop 17 garbage bags full of human remains and other pieces of evidence in the middle of the day and NO one sees you???
Oh, my I had not heard that that was their disposal timeframe! I am even more baffled now because I work in an ag related business and know for a fact November/early December of 17 farmers were in their fields shredding and fertilizing due to the high temps.

Oh, my I had not heard that that was their disposal timeframe! I am even more baffled now because I work in an ag related business and know for a fact November/early December of 17 farmers were in their fields shredding and fertilizing due to the high temps.
It was part of the testimony last week. Both of BB phones were tracked leaving Wilber around 2:30 in the afternoon on 11/16 and traveling west to the sites where remains were found. Surveillance cameras on the south side of the school in Wilber which adjoins AT/BB back yard showed the vehicle leaving

What a contrast - hardworking farmers working in the fields to grow crops while this slob of a pervert is riding around tossing human remains out the car window.

jmo

It could be possible in rural backroad areas to go unnoticed, but not very bright at that time of the day. I would be curious to know how long it was from the time of her death to the the time that they left to start disposing of her body. I don’t know if that could ever be determined other than relying on witness testimony. Also, it would be interesting to know if any drugs were found in her system (other than possibly marijuana) since the homeowners claimed to not hear anything out of the usual. However, with the removal of organs and blood, I don’t know if that would be possible to determine either. I remember seeing that the house owner noticed the air conditioning had been set to 60 degrees, even though it was cold outside. Also, Trail bought thermometer at Menards the day he crossed paths with Syd. Interesting, but not sure if there is any correlation.

Last edited:
Something has been bothering me all day. Let me preface the following by saying I think AT and BB murdered SL and I think it was intentional. BUT something about the demeanor of BB and AT on all the surveillance tapes shows that BB is on a mission. AT seems a little worried- you see him looking around while checking out at the antique mall, standing back and paying at Home Depot while BB gets right to sacking items.
My gut feeling is BB is the mastermind

Something has been bothering me all day. Let me preface the following by saying I think AT and BB murdered SL and I think it was intentional. BUT something about the demeanor of BB and AT on all the surveillance tapes shows that BB is on a mission. AT seems a little worried- you see him looking around while checking out at the antique mall, standing back and paying at Home Depot while BB gets right to sacking items.

I’ve been saying this from the beginning. I think he’s trying to protect her, because really, BB is an attractive young woman and that old gross probably never encountered someone like her interested in someone like him. IMO

I’ve been saying this from the beginning. I think he’s trying to protect her, because really, BB is an attractive young woman and that old gross *** probably never encountered someone like her interested in someone like him. IMO

He's definitely trying to protect BB. I think he felt she was a real prize. I don't know what to think about "who" was in charge.

That thought crossed my mind before. IMO I don’t think she is someone who was just brainwashed by AT and follows his commands blindly . BB is too cool, calm and collected after the fact if she was “forced” to do all these things. Maybe that is why he is trying to “protect” her and take all the blame for Syd’s death. Constantly trying to proclaim her innocence and shouting that she is innocent before cutting his own throat. Always maintaining that loyal allegiance to her? Is she planning on testifying for his trial?

That thought crossed my mind before. IMO I don’t think she is someone who was just brainwashed by AT and follows his commands blindly . BB is too cool, calm and collected after the fact if she was “forced” to do all these things. Maybe that is why he is trying to “protect” her and take all the blame for Syd’s death. Constantly trying to proclaim her innocence and shouting that she is innocent before cutting his own throat. Always maintaining that loyal allegiance to her? Is she planning on testifying for his trial?
It was stated that when they were arrested in Branson Trail was willing to talk to FBI- probably a bunch of lies, but BB was not. I think it was said a couple of times that she would not talk
No idea if she will testify- I am not expecting it but with every bizarre turn this case has taken-who knows!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member