Found Deceased NE - Sydney Loofe, 24, Lincoln, 15 Nov 2017 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I read correctly that Trail claims he was given 15 thousand dollars and that he offered Loofe 5 thousand; 1/3 of the amount?
For a self admitted greedy person, this seems odd to me.

Bbm

Saying he put the heart in the jar with blood to me may be what he was referencing about her soul. Maybe in this situation heart and soul are interchangeable. I do however get the sick vibe from him that he, if not all of the participants in the murder, drank at least some of her blood.

I wonder if she participated in what I think is referred to as ‘furry’ sex. People dress up and act like animals in a form of role play. I have seen it referenced it at least one other case here on Websleuths, but it was so long ago that I don’t recall which case(s). Maybe the cat collar she left behind was one she wore when playing her role. Who knows, and not that it really even matters, but if that is an aspect it opens it up to another community of buyers. Not saying that people who participate in this type of fantasy are bad people or anything like that, just trying to make some sense out of senseless murder, I suppose.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2016/05/06/inside-the-life-of-a-furry/amp/ Some info on the possible furry angle I mentioned above.
There was a CSI episode about the furries too. Katie's FB page is all about her being a cat mom.

In this article, I noticed Trail stated the following:

"If you have a dead body laying in your bed, if you're a criminal and you have cash and dope in your house, if you've got three hysterical women who you can't leave, yelling and screaming and freaking out, you're stressed," Trail said.

But the landlord, his wife and her son, who were in the house heard nothing that night? I think this is another of his lies. JMO.
I don't know about the husband and wife, but I read in a article, I'll go look for it, that said the son didn't come home till after 10:30 and it already smelled like bleach. I think she was already cut up at that point. IMO that's why he didn't hear much, very surprising though for sharing an adjoining basement wall.

Jenna Liston Fox42
@JennaListonTV

Good morning everyone. I am back on the #SydneyLoofe Murder Trial this week.
As I have mentioned in the past, I am not allowed to live tweet from the courtroom.
I will bring you updates as soon as we hit a break. Stay tuned.
@FOX42KPTM

. Prosecutors are still questioning FBI Mike Maseth. Maseth says Trail at first denied any involvement with Boswell in cutting up Loofe’s body. After seeing Loofe’s arm, Trail said throughout the interview that Boswell had “some involvement” and helped clean up.

Trail told officers that he knew about the date between Boswell and Loofe. Trail said their first date went well and on the 2nd date, Boswell brought Loofe back to their home. During the 2nd date, Boswell and Loofe were making out on the couch and Trail said he joined in.

. Today we are hearing a lot of questions about “witches” Trail keeps referring to in his interviews. Trail mentioned he had 12-13 women in his “group” and were listed. That list was found by the FBI...next to the names included “special powers” each woman had (ex: healing).

At one point Trail told interviewers, specifically off camera, “Witches kill, witches kill and they gain a life for life when they kill.”

Maseth also testified at one point, Trail mentions to him: “50% of what I tell you is .”

. On Dec. 4th: Trail said he accidentally killed Loofe. Trail said Loofe had come to the house in Wilber to agree to join in on this sexual fantasy act for $5,000. Trail said two other women paid $15,000 join/watch this- according to him these women wanted to choke someone.

. Trail told investigators that one of the women was having anal sex with Sydney.
Trail said he was choking Loofe with an extension cord. The other woman was watching as she went in and out of consciousness. Trail said it was too late - When he released Loofe, she had died.

Maseth first interviewed Trail on November 30, right after he and his co-defendant Bailey Boswell were arrested in Branson, Missouri.

At that point, Maseth said Trail maintained he and Boswell’s innocence, adding it wasn’t until Trail was shown a photo of Loofe’s severed arm on December 4, that Trail began to give any information about her death.

“He sat back in his chair and said 'wow'. He continued to say they didn’t have anything to do with it. I said we need help to find out where the rest of Sydney is and he said I don’t know I can’t help you,” Maseth said on the stand.

However, on December 5 in an interview, Maseth said Trail started revealing more details about Loofe’s death.

Maseth said Trail didn’t give many details, but explained Boswell wasn’t involved in Loofe’s death, but did play a role in cleaning up after she was killed and disposing of her body.

Maseth said he alluded to involvement in witchcraft, saying he was involved with a group of women with special powers and it could have been one of them who killed Loofe, but it wasn’t him.

It wasn’t until an interview in February that he began telling the story jurors heard Friday about Loofe’s death being an accident that happened during a sex act.

FBI agent describes interviews with Trail following arrests

Omaha World-Herald on Twitter
The latest from @PaulHammelOWH: Testimony resumed Monday morning in the murder trial of Aubrey Trail, with an FBI agent punching holes in part of Trail's version of the death and dismemberment of Sydney Loofe.

FBI agent pokes holes in story about Sydney Loofe's death, says Aubrey Trail whispered about witches
FBI agent pokes holes in story about Sydney Loofe's death, says Aubrey Trail whispered about witches
FBI agent Mike Maseth told jurors that there were some claims made by Trail that could not be backed up by the evidence collected, including that Loofe was on videotape agreeing to participate in the choking "sexual fantasy" that led to her death.
That tape, and others Trail claimed depicted the fantasy, were never found, Maseth said.

The agent also testified that once, Trail told his FBI interrogators that he had something to say but didn’t want to say it on videotape. So he led them into a restroom where he whispered to them, "Witches kill, witches kill, a life for a life and they gain more power when they kill."

Maseth said that a list of 12-13 women was found in the purse of Trail’s co-defendant and girlfriend, Bailey Boswell, that detailed the “special powers” of each woman, such as "see danger" and "heal."

But, the FBI agent testified, Trail also told the agents that “50% of what I tell you is bulls---.”

Read the news reports not much to add
Did want to clarify a couple things
AT said he was offered $15K to set up the sex fantasy and says he offered SL $5k to participate
The comment made this morning as I heard it was slightly different from what is posted above. I heard “Witches Kill, Life for Life, they gain more power when they kill”
FBI testimony this morning basically reviewing how AT interviews showed how he changed his story each time FBI agent said AT used information he obtains thru interview then adapts his story to coincide
An example he gave was when they interviewed AT about he and BB driving west on the 16th he said they have never gone west, but when presented with phone tracking data at next interview he changed his story to say he and BB had driven to York for antique business. Defense objected and jury was instructed to disregard that portion of the testimony
Good source tells me 1 of the women will testify this afternoon and 2 more tomorrow
I think the first woman might be Ashlie Hills

Did I read correctly that Trail claims he was given 15 thousand dollars and that he offered Loofe 5 thousand; 1/3 of the amount?
For a self admitted greedy person, this seems odd to me.
He could offer any amount - after all, if his plan was to kill her (which I think it was), he never was going to give her a penny.
jmo

He could offer any amount - after all, if his plan was to kill her (which I think it was), he never was going to give her a penny.
jmo

That's true! (Oddly, as obvious as that is, I hadn't thought of that obvious possibility)

Has LE released any info to support this claim (large sums of money for a film) or has all of that come from Aubrey Trail with no text or phone communications to support that?

Aubrey Trail’s trial takes turn toward the occult
Aubrey Trail’s trial takes turn toward the occult
On Monday, Maseth told the jury Boswell had a list of women in her clutch when she was arrested. After each name was a corresponding "magical power” they were said to have. One could see danger. One could heal. After another, it said fire.
Maseth said Trail brought up a group of “treacherous women” he was involved with but he didn’t want to talk about it on camera. He said at one point Trail asked him and Lincoln Police Investigator Matt Franken to go discuss it with him in the bathroom. One at a time, he whispered the same thing in their ear.

“He said witches kill, a life for a life, and they gain more power when they kill,” the special agent said.

Trail often spoke in cryptic terms, Maseth said, and also spent a lot of time talking about sexual activity in their house in Wilber. Trail referred to it as freaky sex.

In an interview Dec. 4, 2017, Trail talked about the dark side of human nature, how everyone cranes their necks to see gruesome things, like car wrecks. Maseth said Trail spoke of the deepest, darkest thing a person would do and what price they would pay for it.
Off camera the next day, Maseth said, Trail told Franken where they would find Loofe’s head, near a grove of trees.

It wasn’t found near trees.

On a piece of paper, Trail drew a map that he said showed how he had placed the pieces of her body. At the top was a smiley face with lines around it.

"What’s that,” Assistant Attorney General Mike Guinan asked Maseth.

"That’s where he said he placed Sydney Loofe’s head," Maseth said.

He said Trail claimed they had missed two little bags in rural Clay County. One with her blood, the other with her soul. He wouldn’t say what he meant, Maesth said.

Paul Hammel on Twitter
Trail admitted to @FBI agents that ‘50%’ of what he was telling them was bulls&$t. Some claims could not be backed up by evidence, such as video tape of ‘sexual fantasy’ that led allegedly to Loofe’s death
Paul Hammel on Twitter
Trail also claimed to have an ‘insurance’ policy — a tape in which he claimed that Loofe agreed to participate in the fantasy that included rough sex and choking to near death
Paul Hammel on Twitter
That video was never found even though @FBI and @salinecountysheriff office reviewed dozens of DVDs found at apt shared by Trail and Boswell

The way this is worded makes me wonder if the video of her murder was never found, the video of his supposed insurance policy was never found, or both. I feel like of course the insurance policy one was never found because it does not exist and was part of the 50% BS, but did feel it was more likely that there was a video of the murder, however, I don’t recall if we know whether it was found by LE or not?

That's true! (Oddly, as obvious as that is, I hadn't thought of that obvious possibility)

Has LE released any info to support this claim (large sums of money for a film) or has all of that come from Aubrey Trail with no text or phone communications to support that?

I've not seen anything other than Aubrey Trail's comments and he did tell the FBI that about 50% of what he says is b.s. JMO, I think about 98% of what he says is b.s.

F5D8B904-A734-4C35-A122-2DFEA41CF51A.jpeg 3292110D-2887-4E2C-90B7-007A74E25231.jpeg
Old article but just citing source of Road S and Road 309 was blocked off and searched in Clay County when her remains were found. I mentioned yesterday I would look for cemeteries in that area and sure enough there is a small rural cemetery straight north 1.5 miles. Maybe coincidence that he mentioned a clay county cemetery being the reason they chose that area but I will do some more digging on the name of the cemetery and the religion of it as it didn’t show up on my original google search beings it’s rural.
FBI confirms Sydney Loofe's body likely recovered | Foul play expected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members