NE NE - Tyler Goodrich, 35, left his house to go on a run, Lincoln, 3 Nov 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Bringing this post forward as it contains the police report.

When I look up the police report via the case number, I get this

20231124_135903.jpg

It states: 'Occurred: 19:30 - 19:45'

ie 7:30 pm to 7:45 pm.

I interpret that as 911 call was made at 7:30 pm, police arrived at 7:45 pm, but dispute was no longer in progress because TG had just left the house.

JMO

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231124-135136_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231124-135136_Chrome.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 16
Case Number 22190 KINGSWOOD
Reported11-03-2023 (Friday) 1947
Incident Code:( 99999 ) DISTURBANCE

Sheriff's Incident: C3008326​

GENERAL INFORMATION
PERSONS INVOLVED
ASSOCIATED PROPERTY
Reported: 11-03-2023( 99999 ) DISTURBANCE
Location: 001111 W BURNHAM ST LINCOLN NCase Status: ZU NO OFFENSE/UNFOUNDED/FALSE REPORT
Occurred: 1930 11-03-2023 to 1945 11-03-2023LCode: 051 , RD: LANC
Other Reports:
Related Cases:
Domestic: YDCFS? NWeapon?Veh Towed? NO
Alc/Drgs?ProtOrder?Reason:
Employee Reporting: JONATHAN KINGSWOODEntered By: HANSEN
Contact​
Name​
Race/Sex/DOB​
Interviewed :VOGEL, MARSHALL L
Other :GOODRICH, TYLER S
There is no property associated with this case.

@Knox Can you tell us where you got this information above, that lists 1947 as the reported call time? As @Cedars points out, it isn't included in the online case information when you pull it up. Thanks!

ETA: Nevermind, I found it! If you look at the Daily Activity Log instead of the report number, it is listed on 11/3/23.

http://cjis.lancaster.ne.gov/HTBIN/CGI.COM

Last edited:
@Cedars If you go to the link below, then click "Daily Activity Log," then choose 11/3/23 date, the 8th entry down is it. This is the source for the 1947 (7:47) report time. I looked at other reported incidences and that time listed is the "received" time, then dispatch time is different. So I'm inclined to believe the 911 call was made at 7:47pm. JMO.

Online Report Lookup | Lancaster County, NE
Case Number 22190 KINGSWOOD
Reported11-03-2023 (Friday) 1947
Incident Code:( 99999 ) DISTURBANCE

http://cjis.lancaster.ne.gov/HTBIN/CGI.COM

Lancaster County Sheriff's Office | Lincoln NE

New info from the presser this morning. There is video of him running away from the house. This changes everything in my mind. Sadly, it doesn't change the outcome for me, but it changes how it happened.
I'm behind here, but wondering if 'running away from house' means going for a jog (normal behavior) or running to get away (mad, upset, etc)? Also, do we know the time of the running away video? TIA MOO

Edit: answers provided up thread - thank you

Last edited:
I'm behind here, but wondering if 'running away from house' means going for a jog (normal behavior) or running to get away (mad, upset, etc)? Also, do we know the time of the running away video? TIA MOO
IIRC, the LSO presser said the video was at approx. 7:41, around the last time the phone was active, and that he was "upset" and seen "running away" from the house heading south, which is towards the back of their property where there is a detached garage, pastureland/crops and other neighbors' properties. At that time he was not running towards any road/trails. That's really all we know other than he had his phone, wallet, and smartwatch, and his car was still parked in the garage.

IIRC, the LSO presser said the video was at approx. 7:41, around the last time the phone was active, and that he was "upset" and seen "running away" from the house heading south, which is towards the back of their property where there is a detached garage, pastureland/crops and other neighbors' properties. At that time he was not running towards any road/trails. That's really all we know other than he had his phone, wallet, and smartwatch, and his car was still parked in the garage.
Wait…he was wearing a smartwatch?

Hmmm….

LE should be able to access the data from the watch.

Does anyone else think that LE is VERY quiet?

So here's the overall picture I get from the information I've read online, from LSO pressers, police reports, and family posts.

Around 7:30 on 11/3, TG responded to a text and made a call (unanswered), there was a dispute from approx. 7:30 - 7:45, during which time TG ran out the garage and headed south around 7:41 (blink video). At approx the same time his phone went inactive. At 7:47, MV called LE - the Disturbance call, but when LE got there, TG was already gone and they deemed no crime had been committed and left. By the next morning, MV contacted family and friends and nobody had heard from TG overnight, so he called again for a missing person report around 9:35 on 11/4.

Nothing since, he's "off grid." Searches have been fruitless, as far as we know, LE has used sonar, search dogs, etc. Family/friends have searched trails and such while LE has focused more on areas nearer the home, apparently. Nothing.

Last edited:
Wait…he was wearing a smartwatch?

Hmmm….

LE should be able to access the data from the watch.

I've seen conflicting reports on the watch being anything from a Garmin to a smart watch (latest update I've seen). The family and friends in Facebook say this is part of the mystery, and they don't know if the watch can be tracked, but LE is looking into it.

I don't think we really know anything at this point, and I guess if he turned his watch off when he inactivated his phone, that wouldn't be helpful to LE either. :(

I will never cease to be amazed by what people see in these few-second-long videos of exceptionally poor quality - meaning all the different things people see! If his parents aren't even sure it's him, how can anyone else?

That said, it looks to me like he is hopping off one foot when it strikes the ground, as if that foot is injured.
That was my initial take: How do we KNOW it’s TG in the video?

Maybe they feel certain the video is him based on the time, location, height/hair, clothing matches what his spouse described, circumstances match what his spouse and possibly children describe, so what are the chances it would be anyone else? There could also be additional video that wasn't released? My speculation/opinion only.

Maybe they feel certain the video is him based on the time, location, height/hair, clothing matches what his spouse described, circumstances match what his spouse and possibly children describe, so what are the chances it would be anyone else? There could also be additional video that wasn't released? My speculation/opinion only.
I agree, at some point you have to trust that police/family know more than the public.

No offence occurred is an interesting wording here, sounds to me as if his boyfriend called the police and the retracted the story, why is unclear. Maybe because TG already left. But if there had been an abuse of some kind, it would have left marks or the room in an array and police would have investigated further. So either the boyfriend called as a threat and then TG left, or the boyfriend thought something was about to happen in order to call.

No offence occurred is an interesting wording here, sounds to me as if his boyfriend called the police and the retracted the story, why is unclear. Maybe because TG already left. But if there had been an abuse of some kind, it would have left marks or the room in an array and police would have investigated further. So either the boyfriend called as a threat and then TG left, or the boyfriend thought something was about to happen in order to call.
To me, no offense occurred just means that there was nothing to arrest/charge anyone for. They likely need to put in the code for whatever offense the call was related to. It doesn't mean that anyone changed or retracted their story. "We were having a fight but my partner left to cool off" means no one is presently committing a crime and thus no one gets arrested.

My observation over the years is that when self harm is suspected, the press coverage becomes almost nonexistent. I think it’s probably for the sake of the families. I suspect we won’t hear anything more from LE until he’s found or there’s significant new information.

My observation over the years is that when self harm is suspected, the press coverage becomes almost nonexistent. I think it’s probably for the sake of the families. I suspect we won’t hear anything more from LE until he’s found or there’s significant new information.
Not only to protect families but It also isn't reported because they don't want to trigger "copycat" suicides.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back