NE NE - Tyler Goodrich, 35, left his house to go on a run, Lincoln, 3 Nov 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Why would you call police about a dispute if the person left the house? Fear that he might return and be even more angry?

He was seen running away at 7:41
Phone call to LE was 7:47

There are possible explanations, but in all the cases I've followed here, I don't think I've ever read one like this.

Why would you call police about a dispute if the person left the house? Fear that he might return and be even more angry?

He was seen running away at 7:41
Phone call to LE was 7:47
a possible explanation for this could be:
tyler runs off at 7:41, threatening to hurt himself
his partner gives him about five minutes to cool off and see if he’ll come back
he realizes that tyler may actually have meant it and called police out of fear that tyler will actually go through with it
this also fits with why LE has been pretty silent, if it’s a potential or probable suicide case there tend to be fewer public reports out of privacy to the family and to prevent future copycat suicides (whether it is or isn’t a suicide, someone might still take inspiration)

he realizes that tyler may actually have meant it and called police out of fear that tyler will actually go through with it
this also fits with why LE has been pretty silent, if it’s a potential or probable suicide case there tend to be fewer public reports out of privacy to the family and to prevent future copycat suicides (whether it is or isn’t a suicide, someone might still take inspiration)
I doubt this is true because the Sheriff was treating the husband as a suspect to the point the husband had to hire an attorney.

One reason the Sheriff may be silent is that Tyler is no longer missing. I hope that is the case.

JMO

Could this be one of those "you have to wait 48 hours" & "Tyler is a grown man who can leave if he wants to" kind of delays in taking action?
Considering that the cops were called for a domestic disturbance, no I don’t think that’s the case It was also 14 hours difference from the time the cops were called there and from when the husband reported him missing. Also why didn’t he tell his family before that?

I don't want to trigger anyone but it is easy to asphyxiate oneself.
I was going to say this too - just because Tyler didn’t have a gun or anything on him doesn’t mean he wasn’t able to hurt himself. People get creative when they’re struggling. A scenario that makes sense to me is that TG could’ve had some problems going on prior to the night he disappeared, his husband called LE after a fight because he was worried about TG’s mental state, TG had been having thoughts of suicide but hadn’t planned it out far enough to have a reliable weapon on hand… and ended up getting creative somewhere isolated. all JMO based on what we know, of course. I just don’t think we can discount suicide as a theory just because he “didn’t take anything with him”.

We can’t discount suicide because he loved his kids/was a “family man” either. I know as humans we want to believe that love is enough to save us, but sometimes, it isn’t. Very loved people commit suicide every day.

I was going to say this too - just because Tyler didn’t have a gun or anything on him doesn’t mean he wasn’t able to hurt himself. People get creative when they’re struggling. A scenario that makes sense to me is that TG could’ve had some problems going on prior to the night he disappeared, his husband called LE after a fight because he was worried about TG’s mental state, TG had been having thoughts of suicide but hadn’t planned it out far enough to have a reliable weapon on hand… and ended up getting creative somewhere isolated. all JMO based on what we know, of course. I just don’t think we can discount suicide as a theory just because he “didn’t take anything with him”.

We can’t discount suicide because he loved his kids/was a “family man” either. I know as humans we want to believe that love is enough to save us, but sometimes, it isn’t. Very loved people commit suicide every day.
What I'm curious about is that he reportedly ran south toward their outbuilding. I've read that was either a garage or barn for their horses. Might he have gone to that building to get something?

Last edited:
Exactly this. I don't like the implication of statements like this which unfortunately have featured in some comments...It seems to imply that those who commit suicide don't love their families, they don't love their children. It's insulting and beyond disrespectful to not only the person who is suffering to the point they feel they have to take their own life, but to the family and loved ones left behind. JMO.

Last edited:
Imo I think it is possible that Tyler was threatened with exposure of something. True or not. Pure speculation on my part and JMO.

That accusation could make him want to leave and never come back. Could he be wanted as well as missing? JMO

Last edited:
in this case, wouldn't the police report reflect that? The report was about a disturbance or argument, supposedly - not fear that TG was going to harm himself.

I believe those times are incorrect, but am not going to re-argue about it.
Post #304 shows the police information which states the call was made at 7:47 pm (listed as 1947, military time).

The video has widely been reported as being timestamped at 7:41 pm.

I am not sure how belief plays into this. Can you explain what you think is incorrect?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back