NE NE - Tyler Goodrich, 35, left his house to go on a run, Lincoln, 3 Nov 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The light in the Blink video is rather large, it looks like a screen from an IPhone Plus, not a flashlight (imo). I don't think he's limping, maybe it's his "style" of running or just gait?

How far could TG possibly run? This many days with no sightings, no food or water? Very concerning.
I’m starting to think someone picked him up.

Just catching up on this case and wanted to clear up some items in the older news stories. The article linked above says:

• Tyler was wearing running shoes when he left
  • His phone wasn't "pinged", but the time reported was based on a post on Snapchat? “The location at SW 13th and W Van Dorn was not a phone ping. It was a post on Snapchat.”

This article says his wallet was not found at his home, so he must have taken it with him. Isn't that somewhat unusual in a suicide case? Often, suicidal people leave everything behind - wallet, keys, cell phone, etc.

Agree. So where was he going?

Looking south on an aerial view, it looks like he would have run on the property of others.
If he then cut west, he could have fairly quickly/easily gotten over to 12th street.
If he continued south, he would have been going across someone else's property, plus needed to pass through a bit of a wood line to get to the cemetery area. Also, slightly to the east of the cemetery, it looks like there's some kind of retaining pond. I'm assuming that was searched?
If he cut east, he could have gone around the other side of his property onto what looks like an unoccupied lot & come out on Burnham (gone east, then north) or 9th (continuing east).

View attachment 461186

Re: gait. When I first watched the video, I saw it on my phone. In that small screen, it definitely looked like a limp or something noticeable about his gait. When I later viewed it on a bigger screen, it's not as noticeable. And perhaps what people are seeing is not something wrong with his gait but rather that he seems to running on a dirt road/driveway/track (?).

MOO.

The phone may not have been turned off, but in airplane mode. The display would still be on, but the phone would not send/receive or be trackable.
If he knew, for example, that his husband could track the phone that might be a reason to use airplane mode.
Hi. Someone in the FB search group said that the phone would still be trackable in airplane mode. There was also debate about whether the light shown carried by the person in the video clip was bigger than a phone -- mixed opinions.

That was why I said potentially 3 or 4 miles. He seemed to be running pretty quickly in the video, and if he was able to maintain that speed over a long distance, who knows how far he could have gotten. Most of the searching seems to have been fairly close to the house, but it's possible he was far away within minutes.

If he was running barefoot I'd think there's a good chance he could cut his feet and leave a trail of blood?
Yeah, most average non-competitive marathon runners still are not running that fast. You're talking a 6 or 7 minute mile. Highly unlikely, but I digress.

Most distance runners have pretty calloused feet. We protect those callouses because they actually shield our feet from blisters. As a lady, we only smooth them but never remove them. Some people even run barefoot regularly, but I live further south plus It seems that he was known to be wearing shoes so that seems like a moot point.

If that was really his cell phone light seen on the video, why couldn't LE track his cell phone when they were searching for him?

If there was a fear he was going to harm himself they could get an emergency SW.

As a distance runner, I would think he would possibly own a headlamp for running in the dark.

IMO they come in various sizes and shapes of the lighted area.

Maybe his phone WAS off and the light seen in the video was a headlamp he was holding in his hands, instead of/prior to putting it on his head?

To me his gait looks like he's on uneven ground in the dark, so is lifting his feet higher than normal to prevent tripping or stumbling. If the video shows him while still on his own property or very nearby, it would seem expected that he would be familiar and know if there was an especially uneven stretch where more care is needed not to fall.

MOO

As a distance runner, I would think he would possibly own a headlamp for running in the dark.

IMO they come in various sizes and shapes of the lighted area.

Maybe his phone WAS off and the light seen in the video was a headlamp he was holding in his hands, instead of/prior to putting it on his head?

To me his gait looks like he's on uneven ground in the dark, so is lifting his feet higher than normal to prevent tripping or stumbling. If the video shows him while still on his own property or very nearby, it would seem expected that he would be familiar and know if there was an especially uneven stretch where more care is needed not to fall.

MOO
Great post.

Where was he running to? Why was he running? Did someone pick him up? So many questions.

According to his family, Tyler had a Samsung flip phone

Unless he has an old phone, it would be a version of this one:

Just catching up on this case and wanted to clear up some items in the older news stories. The article linked above says:

• Tyler was wearing running shoes when he left
  • His phone wasn't "pinged", but the time reported was based on a post on Snapchat? “The location at SW 13th and W Van Dorn was not a phone ping. It was a post on Snapchat.”

This article says his wallet was not found at his home, so he must have taken it with him. Isn't that somewhat unusual in a suicide case? Often, suicidal people leave everything behind - wallet, keys, cell phone, etc.
running with a wallet is super uncomfortable unless you have a waistbelt or central back pocket or something like that IMO

Yes, I have the same feeling about the 911 call. I think LE perhaps didn't really have enough to give them cause to full out search for a grown man who left his house after an argument, especially considering LE had never been called to that address before. Unfortunately, self harm is what makes the most sense to me, because he left "upset" (per LE) and MV felt it necessary to call 911 soon after TG ran off. He went toward fields and woods, turned off his phone, and nothing since.
we do not know what he said as he left either- if it was"you'll never see me again" or "you'll be sorry you said that when I end it all" or "you be sure to take care of the kids because I'm gone" or something else like an ultimatum, it explains why MV would react. If TG usually ran in certain areas or routes, we have to assume that LE/family checked all those places. What is the nearest water feature? Curious if any coworkers/friends have said that he was upset or not himself.

Quote from article:

Lonnie Goodrich, Tyler’s father, said he’s not sure this video will help in the search aside from further spreading the word.

In fact, he’s not convinced it’s even Tyler in the video.

“I don’t think there’s enough there to say 100% it was Tyler,” he said. “Others have said it’s him; some say it’s not. So make your own judgment on that if you know him.”

IMO the man in the video matches Tyler's description perfectly. His hair in particular seems to be long and light-coloured just like Tyler's in all of the pictures I've seen:

TG Video #2.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SluethinAway
Back