Need help with loading the original case here

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There was something that made me wonder. I think it was in the transcription of the 911 call. I don't remember specifically, but I think she said "we". Doesn't mean she had one, just curious.

Somewhere, I also read a post by a woman who lives at the same complex. She stated her hub was walking the dog one night, and got an eyeful as he was passing by HT's bedroom window. Anyone else see it? That always worried me, given her stalker tweet.

BBM I know exactly what you're talking about, Knox! I read that, too, and wondered the same thing and that's what led me to search for mention of a mother's BF. Eventually, though, I realized that the "we" was referring to Hannah and her mother. I'll see if I can find the statement again.

ETA: This is the statement (presumably from Hannah's mom), from the link below, that made me wonder if MH was referring to a BF:
~snipped~
No, sir, not after dark or anything, no, she`s not. (INAUDIBLE) in the past probably week or so, she`s been, you know, taking off and doing this, but I know the area she`s in, so it`s not been a big deal. She`s just getting her privacy and giving us some space.
BBM At first, I interpreted this to mean that MH was giving Hannah privacy while giving her (MH) and someone else some space. But, I think she meant putting some space between her and Hannah. Sounds like there was some friction between them which is not unusual during the teenage years.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1209/14/ng.01.html

School reopened on Aug 10th and after attending school for only 10 days, Hannah’s privileges were suspended by her mother. Why? What did she do in less than 10 school days that warranted the loss of her privileges? Any guesses?

A previous tenant said the complex has a doggie park.

Hannah’s mother left for work at 7 am and returned home at 7:30 pm so Hannah had to take care of 3 animals everyday before and after school. She had to feed her cats and dog twice a day, take the dog to the doggie park several times, prepare her own meals, and do homework. Her father was also teaching her to drive, so she was a very busy gal.

http://www.apartmentratings.com/rate/GA-Gainesville-Lake-Lanier-Club-1203698.html

School reopened on Aug 10th and after attending school for only 10 days, Hannah’s privileges were suspended by her mother. Why? What did she do in less than 10 school days that warranted the loss of her privileges? Any guesses?

A previous tenant said the complex has a doggie park.

Hannah’s mother left for work at 7 am and returned home at 7:30 pm so Hannah had to take care of 3 animals everyday before and after school. She had to feed her cats and dog twice a day, take the dog to the doggie park several times, prepare her own meals, and do homework. Her father was also teaching her to drive, so she was a very busy gal.

http://www.apartmentratings.com/rate/GA-Gainesville-Lake-Lanier-Club-1203698.html

Now this is from NG, but it was mentioned that she was cutting school...not sure if that has to do with loss of privileges or not...

Can a person report a crime to LE and remain anonymous? After Hannah was assaulted, is there any way her assailant would be able to let LE know where she was without revealing their identify?

If a person calls crime stoppers to report a crime, do they have to reveal their identity?

TIA

Now this is from NG, but it was mentioned that she was cutting school...not sure if that has to do with loss of privileges or not...

Hannah’s father wasn’t sure why Hannah didn’t want to ride the school bus but apparently more than 30,000 students returned to school in Gainesville-Hall County, leaving streets around local schools backed up with cars and buses.

Cpl Kevin Holbrook said traffic delays typically last through the first week or so of school.

Hannah lived on the outskirts of the city and she had just started school when she told her father this so the traffic problems could have been why she didn’t want to ride the bus.

<snipped>

&#8220;Of course, we are expecting heavy traffic delays in and around the schools tomorrow morning and afternoon,&#8221; said Cpl. Kevin Holbrook, spokesman for the Gainesville Police Department. &#8220;These typically will last through the first week or so of school&#8221;.

Some streets around Gainesville High will also be closed during lunch hours.
Holbrook said that alternate routes for all other drivers should be used during the first few days of school, if possible.

&#8220;We would like to remind all motorists in the Gainesville area to use alternate routes if possible on Friday when school starts back,&#8221; said Holbrook. &#8220;Most of the major traffic issues occur around the elementary schools, especially Enota (Multiple Intelligences Academy) and Centennial.&#8221;

In another attempt to ease traffic, the city system has implemented two satellite bus stops for tuition-paying students.

Read more at http://www.gainesvilletimes.com/archives/71155/

Still no arrest - The people living at the large apartment complex must be terrified especially if they heard Bethany Marshall describe Hannah's stalker on Nancy Grace's Show.

""Whoever did it was some psycho, pervert oversexed, rich fantasy life, probably a ton of *advertiser censored* on his computer, maybe lives there, maybe has a relative in the apartment building, comes and visits. The research says that the perpetrators in these cases are often underemployed Caucasian males who are not married, single, living in an apartment. We know that one out of every four violent crimes occurs in or near the victim`s home and with young people usually the body is found within a quarter mile!

So what is the common link? Sex, perversion, sadism, stalking and the belief in the perpetrator`s mind, I love you, you`ve rejected me, I`m going to come after you and slash that pretty little face of yours because you have now really made me angry. That is the MO at the end of the day I think we`re going to find.""

I don&#8217;t know what time Hannah tweeted on Wednesday, but her two other tweets that mention a stalker were made on the weekend so Hannah may have been home Wednesday and possibly Thursday because she was still home when her mother left for work.

Jeff Truelove didn&#8217;t know Hannah was being stalked and her mother told police her daughter was acting out the week before she was attacked because she lost her privileges, so I don&#8217;t think anyone in her family knew Hannah was in imminent danger.
Hannah had to take the dog out several times a day so she couldn&#8217;t hide in her apartment.

Hannah wanted to become a veterinarian so she had to finish high schools so I don&#8217;t think she was skipping school because she didn&#8217;t value her education but because the stalker was terrifying her and closing in on her.

It feels to me like Hannah did not really feel at 'home.' Who wants to sit outside at public tables in the complex , waiting until one's mother comes home from work? It is like she was an unwanted guest, imo.

Why punish a 16 yr old by preventing them from having a cell phone? There are many ways to punish a teen, but cells are security devices. Without a cell, a teen is alone and has no way to reach out for help. This girl had no key to her home, no cell, and not many friends even. Something was very wrong with her situation, imo.

I get a very sad empty feeling when I think about Hannah's last days. :rose:

It feels to me like Hannah did not really feel at 'home.' Who wants to sit outside at public tables in the complex , waiting until one's mother comes home from work? It is like she was an unwanted guest, imo.

Why punish a 16 yr old by preventing them from having a cell phone? There are many ways to punish a teen, but cells are security devices. Without a cell, a teen is alone and has no way to reach out for help. This girl had no key to her home, no cell, and not many friends even. Something was very wrong with her situation, imo.

I get a very sad empty feeling when I think about Hannah's last days. :rose:

Me too, so I hope the person who did this is brought to justice.

Living at the complex oppressed Hannah and you can&#8217;t focus and concentrate on your school work when you're living in a stressful environment. Safety is a number 1 priority. Although Hannah was 16 years of age, she didn&#8217;t work part-time so she couldn&#8217;t afford to buy things for herself. She probably couldn&#8217;t work or participate in extra-curricular activities because she had to be home everyday to take care of her pets. Housing a dog in an apartment is very time consuming because you have to take them out several times a day and supervise them while they play at the doggie park.

Hannah&#8217;s mother will likely regret not allowing her daughter to have a cell phone. Apparently a member of Hannah&#8217;s family spoke out concerning speculations that Hannah&#8217;s mom may have somehow been involved and passed on the message that her mom had nothing to do with Hannah&#8217;s death and she has been in seclusion due to grief and privacy reasons.

Mr. Truelove never said his daughter didn&#8217;t have an apartment key but both parents readily admitted Hannah&#8217;s relationship with her mother was unstable and therefore potentially dangerous. These days you can&#8217;t believe a parent who says their child has disappeared and they don&#8217;t know where they are.

Several residents said they were very disappointed with the lack of safety at the complex. They thought they were safe living in a gated community but apparently the gates were left broken for weeks, there was no surveillance cameras, and people had their apartments broken into and their personal property stolen and damaged in broad daylight.

I couldn&#8217;t find a map of the complex; however I did find a Registered Sex Offender Proximity Map listed in the &#8220;safety&#8221; section which is probably outdated. The two bedroom apartments have 2 or 2 ½ baths and cost $1200-$1500 per month.

http://www.apartmentratings.com/rat...ormerly-Caswyck-Lanier-Apartments-Safety.html
http://laurasayskonnichiwa.com/was-jealousy-and-revenge-a-factor-in-hannah-trueloves-murder/

I'm shocked that there have been no updates on this case. Where is justice for Hannah Truelove?

The residents at the apartment complex must be terrified, especially single women and any parents with children. I hope the owner considers installing security cameras.

I don't feel Hannah's mom was being unreasonable for taking away Hannah's cell phone. Not everyone views cell phones as security devices and Hannah's mom apparently had no reason to suspect her daughter was in any danger. We made it into adulthood 20+ years ago without a cell phone. Many parents still consider cell phones a privilege which children often abuse. Maybe Hannah had been using her cell to text and talk to friends while she should have been studying.

Even if Hannah had a cell phone with her at the picnic table the night she was killed, she may not have thought to take it with her if: 1.) someone known to Hannah lured her into the woods or 2.) Hannah ran into the woods when she saw her mother coming out to check on her. Even if she'd had the phone with her when she went into the woods, her attacker could have approached her from behind, or lashed out at her and incapacitated her before she had time to react. Having a cell phone on your person is no guarantee you'll be able to use it in an emergency situation.

We don't know for sure yet whether Hannah was skipping school because she was afraid to ride the bus. Many teens don't like school. Even when they have aspirations for the future, they often don't consider their schoolwork relevant to their aspirations.

I hope LE has a POI and is close to making an arrest.

I'm shocked that there have been no updates on this case. Where is justice for Hannah Truelove?

The residents at the apartment complex must be terrified, especially single women and any parents with children. I hope the owner considers installing security cameras.

I don't feel Hannah's mom was being unreasonable for taking away Hannah's cell phone. Not everyone views cell phones as security devices and Hannah's mom apparently had no reason to suspect her daughter was in any danger. We made it into adulthood 20+ years ago without a cell phone. Many parents still consider cell phones a privilege which children often abuse. Maybe Hannah had been using her cell to text and talk to friends while she should have been studying.

Even if Hannah had a cell phone with her at the picnic table the night she was killed, she may not have thought to take it with her if: 1.) someone known to Hannah lured her into the woods or 2.) Hannah ran into the woods when she saw her mother coming out to check on her. Even if she'd had the phone with her when she went into the woods, her attacker could have approached her from behind, or lashed out at her and incapacitated her before she had time to react. Having a cell phone on your person is no guarantee you'll be able to use it in an emergency situation.

We don't know for sure yet whether Hannah was skipping school because she was afraid to ride the bus. Many teens don't like school. Even when they have aspirations for the future, they often don't consider their schoolwork relevant to their aspirations.

I hope LE has a POI and is close to making an arrest.

Cellular evidence greatly enhances a criminal investigation and unfortunately investigators don't have one in this case.

Investigators find that cell phones and cellular service providers are a vast source of evidence and Cell phone analysis is now a key investigative tool.

http://www.columbuspolice.org/LawEn...2/04 16 2012 Cell Phone Analysis_external.pdf

RSBM

My stepson's teachers post all grades into an online grade book on a daily basis that parents can access to check grades and make sure all work is completed and/or turned in. Hannah's school may have the same type of program, which her mom checked regularly. MOO.

As for the skipping school: if she was skipping, the school most likely contacted her mom to let her know.

I really hope Hannah gets justice. This is just so sad.

Hannah&#8217;s predator may have noticed Hannah didn&#8217;t have a cell phone with her when she was outside and that&#8217;s why he went ahead and attacked her.

Bumping....cannot believe there is no news on this investigation??.

It seemed so promising with multiple poi's at first. So sad. Maybe they'll start naming suspects for us to sleuth!

I've only just come across this case. Its so sad, I really feel sorry for Hannah, sounds like she was having a tough time at home before this happened.

I have children, and I freak out if they forget to take their mobiles to school (even though I collect them by car). I just like to know I can contact them if I'm going to be delayed ... and I like the thought they can contact me if anything happens. I would NEVER remove a safety/security device as a punishment.

I'm not sure if I've understood this correctly, but was Hannah unable to enter her home until her mother came home each night? If so, why would you put your daughter at risk like this? I'd want to know my kids were safely inside at night, not having to hang round outside till I got home.

<modsnip: Victim blaming>

All just MOO

I've only just come across this case. Its so sad, I really feel sorry for Hannah, sounds like she was having a tough time at home before this happened.

I have children, and I freak out if they forget to take their mobiles to school (even though I collect them by car). I just like to know I can contact them if I'm going to be delayed ... and I like the thought they can contact me if anything happens. I would NEVER remove a safety/security device as a punishment.

I'm not sure if I've understood this correctly, but was Hannah unable to enter her home until her mother came home each night? If so, why would you put your daughter at risk like this? I'd want to know my kids were safely inside at night, not having to hang round outside till I got home.

Obviously we don't know the full story, but this leaves me wishing she'd lived with her dad - in my opinion, she'd still be alive today if that was the case.

All just MOO

I cant understand her not letting her daughter enter the home till she came home unless she caught her in a compromising position at one time and decided to lock her out till she came home. I have a 16 yr old with a GF and he drives and he is home alone many times and I do worry.... but make other arrangements for her. Teens are teens they get in some trouble ya deal with it.
Cant leave her sitting outside. JMO

I cant understand her not letting her daughter enter the home till she came home unless she caught her in a compromising position at one time and decided to lock her out till she came home. I have a 16 yr old with a GF and he drives and he is home alone many times and I do worry.... but make other arrangements for her. Teens are teens they get in some trouble ya deal with it.
Cant leave her sitting outside. JMO

BBM
I had thought about this reasoning, too. It sounds like the mother didn't trust Hannah, and for all we know maybe with good reason. Hannah's dad didn't seem to think Hannah had earned that distrust. It's not clear, though, whether Hannah didn't have a key to the apartment (I think that's what her dad suggested) or she just didn't want to be inside when her mother got home that particular evening because she was mad at her mother.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j@nky
Back