Neighbor and eyewitness Jim Kelley

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I keep thinking that if you are the driver of the white truck on Mr. Kelly's road, you would have come forward to say that by now...unless, of course, there is something "wrong" with why you would be out there. I think this supports the idea that it was the same truck Mr. Kelly saw both during the day and at 2 am, but LE was involved by 2 am, so it does not seem that it could have been the family's truck. Weird.

I keep thinking that if you are the driver of the white truck on Mr. Kelly's road, you would have come forward to say that by now...unless, of course, there is something "wrong" with why you would be out there. I think this supports the idea that it was the same truck Mr. Kelly saw both during the day and at 2 am, but LE was involved by 2 am, so it does not seem that it could have been the family's truck. Weird.

It's possible they have and LE just hasn't made an announcement of it.

carbuff.... You are so smart! Now why didn't I think of that!!!!

May I please ask if someone knows the answer to this.Was one of the sightings down this rd(2nd sighting at 2:00 am?)a white camper truck?I think read some where someone said it was a white camper truck or something like that.I cannot find out where I read or saw that.I read a residence borders the Horman property, and search efforts checked this property?I believe they have a white camper truck?Do the people that live there know the Hormons?Was this camper truck possibly the camper truck seen at 2:00 am?I am more concerned who would be out there at 2:00 am.Who ever was there They apparantly got scared off and possibly went somewhere else.

Can you please link me to thier statements about the white trucks?

Is anyone living on the property searched near Kyrons home?

Checking in to say that freefallzzz & I drove this route yesterday when we were out mooching around. And, to confirm that there is no way someone would be down by JK's house by accident. The road is considerably more rutted now than when the google car came through.. big ruts and noisy gravel. We saw the neighbor with the dogs and as we passed her house (the last one) and realized the road had run out, we had to back out to be able to leave.
We were driving out, when a car came up the road from Folkenberg, and had to back up into a pullout near the horse paddock to let him by (he gave us the stink eye!) as there isn't room for 2 vehicles to pass.

This incident has been one that has stuck with me since I first read JK's quote. I still think it's a very unusual thing, and will turn out to have some significance.

edit: I forgot one other detail; another of Kyron's close friends also lives back in this group of houses, but not as far in as JH's house.

Checking in to say that freefallzzz & I drove this route yesterday when we were out mooching around. And, to confirm that there is no way someone would be down by JK's house by accident. The road is considerably more rutted now than when the google car came through.. big ruts and noisy gravel. We saw the neighbor with the dogs and as we passed her house (the last one) and realized the road had run out, we had to back out to be able to leave.
We were driving out, when a car came up the road from Folkenberg, and had to back up into a pullout near the horse paddock to let him by (he gave us the stink eye!) as there isn't room for 2 vehicles to pass.

This incident has been one that has stuck with me since I first read JK's quote. I still think it's a very unusual thing, and will turn out to have some significance.

edit: I forgot one other detail; another of Kyron's close friends also lives back in this group of houses, but not as far in as JH's house.

Hmmm...:waitasec:trying to envision this look...guess it wasn't a nice one like, "howdy neighbor"...lol!

I can't imagine the family even being asleep by 2 am the first night Kyron went missing. I thought to that if it was someone local that they would step up. That makes me wonder if its just a coincidence. The first white truck might of been a non local lost... Even with my gps I miss most of my turns. The second white truck could of been teens..... Who probably don't even realize the white truck is so talked about, and maybe they weren't suppose to be out. The times don't even make sense, unless Kaine isn't telling us if Terri left at all around 3am, and how does terri leave the house at 2 am....

I'm still laughing about the "truck acting suspciously" in the OP. No offense to the poster, but...... that's funny.

Kelley, who lives about a mile and a half down hill, at the end of a winding, secluded country lane off Cornelius Pass, said police, federal agents, K-9 teams and helicopters scoured the area Saturday.

"We had two odd sightings of a vehicle on our road Friday," Kelley said. Around 3 p.m., he and a neighbor reported seeing a white pick-up truck with a female driver pull to the end of the long road, idle and then turn around. Then again at 2 a.m. Saturday morning, a similar white pickup truck appeared, idled and when a neighbor loosed her dogs, eased away.

"A, it was strange to have a car there, any car there, that we didn't know, and B, it was strange to have a vehicle come down our dead-end road twice in the same day, hours after a little boy goes missing," said Kelley. "That's beyond rare."

Kelley said authorities have twice searched the deep ravine, creek and railroad tracks located near the end of his street by air and on foot.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/day_three_search_continues_hun.html

First gut reaction? Casey Anthony. Driving the truck in to throw a dead body out of the truck, and then coming back at 2 a.m. to make sure the body is still there. Or, driving the truck in to get a body into the truck, and going back at 2 a.m. to make sure nothing was left behind. (This would warrant a third sighting of the truck, though, but what if this neighbor wasn't home earlier when TH first dropped off a body? The only other problem is this gave little time to dispose of the body in a different place, unless she had one chosen by the point).

I hope there isn't water there, and I hope his poor body is hidden in the underbrush, and that's why they didn't find it the first time. Dear God, it is just EERIE the similarities between this case and the Casey Anthony case.

Of course, if that wasn't TH or the Horman truck, which I admit is a big possibility, then I'm wrong, but I am sitting here shivering right now. All IMO.

First gut reaction? Casey Anthony. Driving the truck in to throw a dead body out of the truck, and then coming back at 2 a.m. to make sure the body is still there. Or, driving the truck in to get a body into the truck, and going back at 2 a.m. to make sure nothing was left behind. (This would warrant a third sighting of the truck, though, but what if this neighbor wasn't home earlier when TH first dropped off a body? The only other problem is this gave little time to dispose of the body in a different place, unless she had one chosen by the point).

I hope there isn't water there, and I hope his poor body is hidden in the underbrush, and that's why they didn't find it the first time. Dear God, it is just EERIE the similarities between this case and the Casey Anthony case.

Of course, if that wasn't TH or the Horman truck, which I admit is a big possibility, then I'm wrong, but I am sitting here shivering right now. All IMO.

Reminds me of Scott Peterson too. He went back to the bay many times to look toward the water.

I think that the fact that it came back at 2 am is very important. I also think that the focusing on the "sexting" that's been going on could be a red herring in that it creates the idea that a man may have been involved in this whereas to me there's a real feeling to this case (IMOO) that a woman has abducted Kyron.

One of the theories I run through my head is that Terri simply dropped Kyron off some place for a pre-planned pickup by someone else. Perhaps the person was unable to find Kyron at the pickup point and Terri was then trying to search herself for him.

There is no way in hell Terri could have gone back in a truck at 2 am without being tailed by the cops. I find that highly implausible.

Let's assume it was their truck. Couldn't it have been that Kaine and/or Terri did drive around the neighborhood at some point(s) to see if Kyron had tried to walk home, was hurt, etc? The first time was "around 3 pm", which would have been around the time they learned that Kyron was not on the bus and had been marked absent at school. 2 am, I will admit is an odd time and the police were involved in the search by then. But, they could have went out driving again out of desperation. I know my parents did that with me if I was still out riding my bike too late or something.

This is a good question; but, Kaine returned home around 2pm (will have to double check that time?) If Terri had left around 3 Kaine would have noticed. I believe they discovered he was not on the bus at 3:30.

It does make you wonder though ... if it were not Terri or Kaine in the truck (was it the same kind of truck besides being white?) then why would the person driving not come forward to LE to put that rumor to rest if they had nothing to do w/ Kyron? This was put out very early and was pretty widely known. I wonder if LE has figured out who was driving that truck and if it were related?

There is no way in hell Terri could have gone back in a truck at 2 am without being tailed by the cops. I find that highly implausible.

I've thought about that also.. and discounted the whole "truck sighting by JK" until we drove up that road Friday.

First of all, I am very familiar with the location of the road, passed it many many times, but had never been down it.

There is a sign on Cornelius Pass Rd, indicating that you are coming up to 8th Ave, but the actual street sign ON Corn Pass and 8th Ave is VERY hard to see. Even knowing the road and area, and looking for the street, I still had to put on the brakes and we made a very quick turn off of Corn Pass and on to 8th Ave.

Honestly it looks like somebody's driveway from Cornelius Pass, not a street.
I just looked at Google street view, the area is much more overgrown with the trees and brush than on the street view.

As we got to the end of 8th Ave, it was rather confusing, we both knew the map of this area by heart but when we turned right on to Folkenberg, this was the conversation.. (paraphrased)

"Are we on the road?"
"Are we going up somebody's driveway?"
"Is this 6th Ave or Folkenberg?"
"Wow, it's so bumpy and rutted, how on earth did the Google camera get clear shots on this road?"
"Whoa," *bump* "sorry about that".. *bounce bounce*..

(I 4WD a lot, and although we did not need 4WD yesterday, I imagine this road would be even worse in the rain - As this is the first and longest dry spell we have had since Kyron has gone missing)

The road curved to the left so we figured we were on 6th Ave (no street signs), we saw a 2 story house off to the right, and continued on to the next house on the right.. We knew we were on 6th Ave, when we saw the address on the mailbox of the last house.

It was rather confusing as just as we passed the last house on the right, the road suddenly ends. There is no "end of road" sign or anything, you just see the trees and the woods.

This had to be the place they saw the white truck idling on that Friday, and I honestly cannot imagine why someone would be just sitting there, you cannot see anything but woods.

We had to back up on the road and then back into their driveway with the barking dogs, (BIG dogs) to turn around.... PDX said there were two people out on the porch in what looked like their bathrobes? smoking..

I was just in shock that the road had suddenly ended as I was expecting more of a warning, and I didn't want those dogs near us, even though we were in a vehicle, and was more focused backing up and turning around the only place available, which was the driveway of the last house on the road, with the barking dogs.

As we headed back down 6th Ave, we encountered the man in the Subaru type vehicle, we had to back up again and look for a place to back into, as no part of this road could have two vehicles passing each other. I backed up until I saw a tiny part in the road where I could back in (an entrance to something but gated) and in the process my tires were spinning as it was a bit steep to be backing up and I didn't have it in 4WD.
This gave him room to pass, although part of my Jeep was in the road.

As PDX said, he gave us the "stink eye". I can understand why though, as there is NO reason or way someone could get lost on that road unless they were trying to visit somebody on 8th, Fokenberg, or 6th.
I can understand possibly driving onto 8th Ave perhaps, but when you turn on to Folkenberg Rd, you do question yourself if you are on someones private drive as there is no indication of any road signs for Folkenburg, or even 6th.

I cannot stress how different this area looks, how the trees and bushes have grown, and the road has become deeply rutted vs. Google street view..

So to recap JK's story below, I will highlight what stands out to me, and why I feel somehow this sighting is connected in SOME way, "how", I do not know...

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/day_three_search_continues_hun.html
<snip>
Kelley, who lives about a mile and a half down hill, at the end of a winding, secluded country lane off Cornelius Pass, said police, federal agents, K-9 teams and helicopters scoured the area Saturday.

"We had two odd sightings of a vehicle on our road Friday," Kelley said. Around 3 p.m., he and a neighbor reported seeing a white pick-up truck with a female driver pull to the end of the long road, idle and then turn around. Then again at 2 a.m. Saturday morning, a similar white pickup truck appeared, idled and when a neighbor loosed her dogs, eased away.

"A, it was strange to have a car there, any car there, that we didn't know, and B, it was strange to have a vehicle come down our dead-end road twice in the same day, hours after a little boy goes missing," said Kelley. "That's beyond rare."

Kelley said authorities have twice searched the deep ravine, creek and railroad tracks located near the end of his street by air and on foot.
<snip>

Someone being at the end of this road one time?... coincidence..
But the same type of truck being on the road AGAIN, at 2am?
IMHO, NOT coincidence..

I wonder if they could be off on the time during the day-time incident. Maybe it was after 3:30. IF TH had the truck when she went back to the school, it could have possibly been her.

I know it may sound strange that they could be off by that much, but one time I had to work out a time-line and I was only guessing. I didn't know it was going to be important for me to remember EXACTLY.

JMHO
fran

I've thought about that also.. and discounted the whole "truck sighting by JK" until we drove up that road Friday.

First of all, I am very familiar with the location of the road, passed it many many times, but had never been down it.

There is a sign on Cornelius Pass Rd, indicating that you are coming up to 8th Ave, but the actual street sign ON Corn Pass and 8th Ave is VERY hard to see. Even knowing the road and area, and looking for the street, I still had to put on the brakes and we made a very quick turn off of Corn Pass and on to 8th Ave.

Honestly it looks like somebody's driveway from Cornelius Pass, not a street.
I just looked at Google street view, the area is much more overgrown with the trees and brush than on the street view.

As we got to the end of 8th Ave, it was rather confusing, we both knew the map of this area by heart but when we turned right on to Folkenberg, this was the conversation.. (paraphrased)

"Are we on the road?"
"Are we going up somebody's driveway?"
"Is this 6th Ave or Folkenberg?"
"Wow, it's so bumpy and rutted, how on earth did the Google camera get clear shots on this road?"
"Whoa," *bump* "sorry about that".. *bounce bounce*..

(I 4WD a lot, and although we did not need 4WD yesterday, I imagine this road would be even worse in the rain - As this is the first and longest dry spell we have had since Kyron has gone missing)

The road curved to the left so we figured we were on 6th Ave (no street signs), we saw a 2 story house off to the right, and continued on to the next house on the right.. We knew we were on 6th Ave, when we saw the address on the mailbox of the last house.

It was rather confusing as just as we passed the last house on the right, the road suddenly ends. There is no "end of road" sign or anything, you just see the trees and the woods.

This had to be the place they saw the white truck idling on that Friday, and I honestly cannot imagine why someone would be just sitting there, you cannot see anything but woods.

We had to back up on the road and then back into their driveway with the barking dogs, (BIG dogs) to turn around.... PDX said there were two people out on the porch in what looked like their bathrobes? smoking..

I was just in shock that the road had suddenly ended as I was expecting more of a warning, and I didn't want those dogs near us, even though we were in a vehicle, and was more focused backing up and turning around the only place available, which was the driveway of the last house on the road, with the barking dogs.

As we headed back down 6th Ave, we encountered the man in the Subaru type vehicle, we had to back up again and look for a place to back into, as no part of this road could have two vehicles passing each other. I backed up until I saw a tiny part in the road where I could back in (an entrance to something but gated) and in the process my tires were spinning as it was a bit steep to be backing up and I didn't have it in 4WD.
This gave him room to pass, although part of my Jeep was in the road.

As PDX said, he gave us the "stink eye". I can understand why though, as there is NO reason or way someone could get lost on that road unless they were trying to visit somebody on 8th, Fokenberg, or 6th.
I can understand possibly driving onto 8th Ave perhaps, but when you turn on to Folkenberg Rd, you do question yourself if you are on someones private drive as there is no indication of any road signs for Folkenburg, or even 6th.

I cannot stress how different this area looks, how the trees and bushes have grown, and the road has become deeply rutted vs. Google street view..

So to recap JK's story below, I will highlight what stands out to me, and why I feel somehow this sighting is connected in SOME way, "how", I do not know...

<snip>

<snip>

Someone being at the end of this road one time?... coincidence..
But the same type of truck being on the road AGAIN, at 2am?
IMHO, NOT coincidence..

I definitely think the truck is connected. I just don't think it has anything to do with TH. I'm crawling back up on the fence by now because aside from the MFH plot (which could have totally been blown out of proportion, even if she was really angry for a few months and considering it) but there's nothing that makes sense.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quiet Place
Back