Nejame Donates $5000 Earnings to Meter Reader Reward

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
IMO, this money is the money that NeJame made off of different TV shows based on how the article is written -

Roy K's attorney confirmed to WESH 2 that they are now considering an offer made by NeJame, who is offering a $5,000 reward to Roy K. That amount represents the money NeJame made while serving as the Anthony family's representative.

If the Anthony's had given a retainer to NeJame, IMO, then the article would have said: "NeJame offers Roy K's the $5,000 retainer from the Anthony's as a reward for finding Caylee".

I don't think the networks pay anyone for interviews... I know for sure that FOX does not, and I'm pretty sure the others don't. So Nejame did not make money by appearing on these news shows. The only way an attorney is going to make money from t.v. interviews is if he is a hired legal consultant... and he was not.

That's exactly the point posters made way back when. When we donate to an organization, you don't expect it your donation to pay for something like that. It really calls into question accountability of what Non profit orgs are doing with money they raise.

Seems to me that players in this case are suddenly desiring to seperate themselves from Caylee related money they were paid or collected. "I'll give it back, I'll give it to so and so as a reward.....".

I know this topic is off limits. However, with more and more info coming out, it's going to be hard to keep out of discussions.

Now, I'm really confused! direct me to which topic is "offlimits" and when was this discussed...over my head...missed it :confused:

IMO, I think it would be nice if RK got some kind of reward b/c he didn't just 1 day stumble upon Caylee's remains. He was persistent and followed thru 3 times and 4 months later, once again. I don't want to see him get in trouble though being a gov't employee and being on the clock when he found them - technically he can't accept any "gifts" (i.e. money). All FL gov't employees, whether county, state or local, can't accept gifts unless they can be shared amongst co-workers (i.e. fruit basket, chocolate). IIRC, whole meals and gifts such as perfume, jewelry, gift cards, etc., cannot be accepted.

According to the A's and their spokesperson du jour, tv shows never pay for interviews.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2008/09/post-1.html

This article explains the rumors of the money. It has never been proven either way. ABC did confirm that it is normal for them to pay to license photos and video. MN tried to conduct himself with dignity and class throughout. I feel bad for him because I feel he got involved with a group of hucksters and was hornswoggled about their intentions. His donation to RK shows the caliber of individual that he is and where his heart is. I also heard that LP was going to give him some cash. Good for him too. RK showed pitbull-like tenacity and deserves any good that comes his way.

I reckon it'd be ok if old Bill Gates stroked him a check too

When professional people are thinking up ways to give away the money they received from particular clients, I think there is a reason.

Nejame was very gracious and very circumspect in what he said vocally about the Anthonys when he resigned from representing them. Now, IMO, he is speaking with his actions. I draw my own conclusions.

thank you, BeanE! :blowkiss:

I still don't like the idea of a missing children's org paying for the representation of the child's grandparents.
I agree. I don't quite see the connection.

Now, I'm really confused! direct me to which topic is "offlimits" and when was this discussed...over my head...missed it :confused:
It's been discussed at length in the past, but unfortunately when I went to look for info. the threads were locked. It's still off limits, but may change in the future (?).

That's exactly the point posters made way back when. When we donate to an organization, you don't expect it your donation to pay for something like that. It really calls into question accountability of what Non profit orgs are doing with money they raise.

Seems to me that players in this case are suddenly desiring to seperate themselves from Caylee related money they were paid or collected. "I'll give it back, I'll give it to so and so as a reward.....".

I know this topic is off limits. However, with more and more info coming out, it's going to be hard to keep out of discussions.
I think the money has become the proverbial "hot potato"!

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2008/09/post-1.html

This article explains the rumors of the money. It has never been proven either way. ABC did confirm that it is normal for them to pay to license photos and video. MN tried to conduct himself with dignity and class throughout. I feel bad for him because I feel he got involved with a group of hucksters and was hornswoggled about their intentions. His donation to RK shows the caliber of individual that he is and where his heart is. I also heard that LP was going to give him some cash. Good for him too. RK showed pitbull-like tenacity and deserves any good that comes his way.

I reckon it'd be ok if old Bill Gates stroked him a check too

Mr. Nejame has certainly redeemed himself AFAIC.
I didn't like him much at first knowing who had pre-paid him,
but he showed his integrity by running as fast as he could away
from this kooky family.
Ya think Bill G is following this case?:propeller:

It's been discussed at length in the past, but unfortunately when I went to look for info. the threads were locked. It's still off limits, but may change in the future (?).

Ok. but I still don't know what we can't talk about. is it nejame's payment or never lose hope org?
:confused:

I think the money has become the proverbial "hot potato"!
Time to drop the hot potato for now :)
This is a good read
From the rules and etiquette section:

>>Realize that a lot goes on behind the scenes. If you are thinking to yourself "Those moderators are either total idiots or they know something I do not", it's safe to assume we know something you do not.<<

>>Realize that a lot goes on behind the scenes. If you are thinking to yourself "Those moderators are either total idiots or they know something I do not", it's safe to assume we know something you do not.<<
Gotcha!

MN deserved a whole lot more than 5K for dealing with the A's...at least one half of the A's. I can't even imagine what he had to put up with.

IMO, I think it would be nice if RK got some kind of reward b/c he didn't just 1 day stumble upon Caylee's remains. He was persistent and followed thru 3 times and 4 months later, once again. I don't want to see him get in trouble though being a gov't employee and being on the clock when he found them - technically he can't accept any "gifts" (i.e. money). All FL gov't employees, whether county, state or local, can't accept gifts unless they can be shared amongst co-workers (i.e. fruit basket, chocolate). IIRC, whole meals and gifts such as perfume, jewelry, gift cards, etc., cannot be accepted.

I am not disagreeing with your post at all but before folks start saying all state and govt. employees better take a look at what all those teachers received at Christmas. Yes, I know everyone is going to slam me for that, but it is the same. They are gifts. How many got gift cards? If exceptions are made for them, then exceptions can be made elsewhere. JMO.
ETA Needed to clarify: I think teachers need to get as many bonuses, presents, gift cards as they are unsung heros in my book, I am not against teacher gifts. I just want MR to get his reward if he is entitled to it.

How donations were spent by non profits involved in this case.

Hi Patty G. We know that Nejame was paid this exact amount ($5k) by Never Lose Hope. Could you please explain why you'd prefer the money offered to Kronk be from a different source? To me, the source of the money isn't important.

The source of money might not be important to you, but the source of that same money might be very important to Nejame who must follow a code of ethics regarding payments he collects, or he risks losing his license to practice law.

I don’t think whether Kronk is deserving of a reward is really the issue.

This is a good read

Thank you JBean. I wanted to type that so many times, but it wasn't my place to do so. :blowkiss:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE
Back