Nelda Watts

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If you will read all of Nelda Watts testimony in the penalty phase, you will find out Darlie was standing south of the sidewalk by the tree and Darin to the north of the sidewalk and the driveway to the north also. No way they passed each other disposing of dead flowers. The stuffed animals were deliberately thrown to Darlie and she tossed them back to Darin who turned and tossed them to the Pathfinder. The wreaths were removed later.

I've read it, but I also know that just because someone is under oath doesn't mean that they cannot lie. I guess I tend to reason all things through in my head before I just cling to them as fact. To me it makes no sense that this event transpired as it was reported. The only way it would was if Darin AND Darlie were BOTH callous, cold blooded killers. How could this have happened this way if Darin is completely innocent? Where was his pain and agony? And even if he was an accomplice after the fact, certainly he would still have pain and agony from losing his boys....even if he chose his wife over them. Certainly he would still be mourning them, and still be angry with Darlie. He may publically appear to stand behind her, but he would still be angry with her. This display in the front yard was obviously not meant to be viewed by anyone, so why would he "play along"?

Darin is just not real deep. Remember his asking the paramedic if he'd noticed the size of Darlie's breasts. And the comment to the police officers about this being 'the biggest thing to happen in Rowlett.' These comments were made when one son was lying dead in the house and the other was being rushed to the hospital. Also, Darin does not refute his part in this scene; he only says it was Dana and not Darlie who helped him.

OK, he can be the most shallow, self absorbed (or Darlie absorbed) person in the world, those were his boys and they were taken from him horrifically! And yes, I know he admitted that it was him, but I don't think that was exactly how it happened. I think it was blown out of proportion and twisted a bit. That's all I'm saying.

I have heard this before, and while I in NO WAY think Darlie is innocent, hasn't it also been said that the person throwing and catching stuffed animals with Darin was Darlie's sister Dana?
I do myself think it was most likely Darlie, but I am throwing out there what I heard...WISH I COULD REMEMBER THE SOURCE!!!!!

The source for this info is Darlie's family. Nelda Watts had lived across the street from the Routier's for 3 years and could certainly tell the difference between Darlie at 26 and her younger sister, Dana, 16.

I just went and read a lot of the sentencing witness testimony and I can honestly say 'wow, what a family'. IDK what to make of Nelda Watts' testimony. I believe her but I can't figure out how a father could act like that. And he admitted to his own role, so there's no doubt that he did play around with those memorial wreathes and stuffed animals. Some of the things he said and did were so off the wall, that I don't think there are any excuses for his behavior. I did get the impression from testimony, that Darlie liked hanging out with really young teens, having wild times, was very materialistic, was vain, and just plain did not have room in her life for 3 kids. Gosh, those kids were either outside all day or being carted off to their grandparents'. I guess since Darrin was happily married, he was all of those things too. Darlie was his trophy. Another thing that jumped out at me was how successful some of his family was...on the way uppers. I don't think Darlie would be ok with being an on the way downer. One more thing I noticed. Mentally, Darlie seemed to have something seriously wrong with her. The story of the way she treated her baby was horrific. I don't think it was postpartem depression, but some illness that she had before and probably still has. She's really strange in interviews-like she is detached from her own situation. I could see a woman like that being able to detach herself from her children, and if they were in the way, being able to kill them. just blank out and do it. MOO.

I think that Darin never even bothered to ask Darlie if she did or didn't kill the kids. I think he doesn't want to know what happened, and just went along with the "intruder" claim from the start. I think deep down he knows she did it, but he has found a way to justify it in his own mind. I also think that both of them still believe that she is somehow going to get out of prison, which might be why he stuck beside her all these years. It boils down to this: Living in total and complete denial.

I just went and read a lot of the sentencing witness testimony and I can honestly say 'wow, what a family'. IDK what to make of Nelda Watts' testimony. I believe her but I can't figure out how a father could act like that. And he admitted to his own role, so there's no doubt that he did play around with those memorial wreathes and stuffed animals. Some of the things he said and did were so off the wall, that I don't think there are any excuses for his behavior. I did get the impression from testimony, that Darlie liked hanging out with really young teens, having wild times, was very materialistic, was vain, and just plain did not have room in her life for 3 kids. Gosh, those kids were either outside all day or being carted off to their grandparents'. I guess since Darrin was happily married, he was all of those things too. Darlie was his trophy. Another thing that jumped out at me was how successful some of his family was...on the way uppers. I don't think Darlie would be ok with being an on the way downer. One more thing I noticed. Mentally, Darlie seemed to have something seriously wrong with her. The story of the way she treated her baby was horrific. I don't think it was postpartem depression, but some illness that she had before and probably still has. She's really strange in interviews-like she is detached from her own situation. I could see a woman like that being able to detach herself from her children, and if they were in the way, being able to kill them. just blank out and do it. MOO.

I think that witness obviously did not like Darlie and she was upset because Darlie and Rebecca were laughing at her.She did not convince me that Darlie mistreated her baby.Her whole testimony seems suspicous to me.I don'tbelieve that Darlie showed her the jewelry to try to sell it to her.Tried to sell it to someone who is being paid $50 to do laundry? I also don't believe that Darlie confided in this person that she needed money and that she brought up that conversation at the funeral.I doubt it's true that she mentioned at the funeral "I'm sorry you had to spend all that money " and Darlie replied "it's ok.I got the insurance money"

I think that witness obviously did not like Darlie and she was upset because Darlie and Rebecca were laughing at her.She did not convince me that Darlie mistreated her baby.Her whole testimony seems suspicous to me.I don'tbelieve that Darlie showed her the jewelry to try to sell it to her.Tried to sell it to someone who is being paid $50 to do laundry? I also don't believe that Darlie confided in this person that she needed money and that she brought up that conversation at the funeral.I doubt it's true that she mentioned at the funeral "I'm sorry you had to spend all that money " and Darlie replied "it's ok.I got the insurance money"

I think she just misunderstood that blanket over the head thing. But it did prompt the family to justify it by asserting Drake liked to sleep with a blanket over his head so who knows.

the jewellery was downstairs so she obviously showed it to Helena. What was she doing? Just showing off or what? I believe what Basia said. She knew the business was in trouble and that Darlie was too. She tried to get Darin to get Darlie some help.

Since Darlie and Darin both have lied so much, I would tend to believe Helena and Basia over them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli
Back