Netflix or Amazon Prime recommendations

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I would definitely recommend Lucifer for those looking for some comedy with detective work. I've been binging it this past week and its great!

I highly recommend What We Did On Our Holiday (Amazon Prime) if you want something sweet, light, and funny! Starts out a little slow the first 10 minutes or so - just stick with it. The kids are hilarious! I will admit to watching it more than once (saw it on a plane the first time). My husband will even sit down and watch it with me and he typically gets bored easily with movies.

I’ve been on COVID-related furlough since March 22. I am looking for Netflix or Prime recommendations, as I have completed rewatching all nine seasons of The Office.

I watch tv for enjoyment and pleasure, so I enjoy comedies and lighter dramas. Nothing violent, occult, or sad. There is too much tragedy and sadness in real life. My debriefing is watching a tv show or two at night before bed.

I would appreciate recommendations, thanks!

(Hmm. Thinking.)

eta: I can’t think of anything...Netflix, what’s that?

I can certainly offer up some covid videos though :D:D Pick your Press Conference :D:D

—-

ohhh...is Psych on there? I loved that show, light and comedic imo.
(TV Series 2006–2014) - IMDb

Last edited:
I watched this! In fact I watched it twice because I dozed off and missed a couple things the first time.
Well I still didn’t make it all the way through, fell asleep lol. (I just read the book about a month ago)

I have Prime, no Netflix but I have Apple TV and Popcorn, and Crackle. I watch Prime most of the time. I just heard about Peacock and I hear it is a good, FREE, app to download lots of stations and movies, and TV. I paid to get Yellowstone, all 3 seasons. I heard that it was free on Peacock, so I will let you know if it is any good. Yellowstone was good, kept me entertained for a few weeks. I also watched the Affair, it was good too, but I have to pay for season 3.

On Prime, I wanted an interesting documentary called Gloriavale. There are 3 episodes available free on Prime.

I watched Kim’s Convenience on Netflix. Four seasons available and a fifth should be available soon.

Im currently watching Anne w/an E...cant stop!

Really enjoyed Virgin River, patiently waiting for season 3.

Both on Netflix.

Loved Virgin River.

Just started "The Wilds" on Amazon Prime, on episode 2, jury still out on this one. Will update as I get further in.

I got Netflix last month and have been binge watching.
So far: Supernatural-15 seasons
Virgin River-2 seasons
Retribution
Reign-4 seasons
Don’t eff with cats-documentary about Luka Magnotta

Tudors is

From Amazon-The Marvelous Mrs. Maizel

Most of my stuff is historical or fantasy with crime and comedy mixed in. I’m weird.

So finished "The Wilds" - It was very dark, good but dark. I tried to explain to some of the people in my office, it was very Lord of the Flies like, but they looked at me like I had three heads and I can't even say they are young :(, definitely old enough that they should get the reference. I am so thankful I had an English teacher that made us read the classics. Do they even have required reading in school anymore?

HBO max - The Undoing ( Nic Kidman)
HBO max - Succession
Netflix - The Imposters
Amazon Prime - Mad Dogs
Netflix - Unbelievable
Netflix - Kominsky Method
HBO - Murder on Middle Beach
Amazon prime - Still Mine

Last edited:
Well I still didn’t make it all the way through, fell asleep lol. (I just read the book about a month ago)

I did not like The Midnight Sky. Was disappointed.
Better off to watch George in his older flick” Gravity”.
I think some of Clooney’s best acting was in “The Descendants” .
Also he was great in “Up In the Air”.

MOO

HBO max - The Undoing ( Nic Kidman)
HBO max - Succession
Netflix - The Imposters
Amazon Prime - Mad Dogs
Netflix - Unbelievable
Netflix - Kominsky Method
HBO - Murder on Middle Beach
Amazon prime - Still Mine

I just binged "Murder on Middle Beach". I don't know if it's just the timing or what... but it's the best true crime with heart documentary I've seen in quite awhile. Once I dabbed my weepy eyes and sniffly nose (it brought a few tears)... I had to come back and thank you for this recommendation :)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eddie_van
Back