Netflix or Amazon Prime recommendations

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I can hardly wait for Season 4 of Ozark to begin. My man and I spent weeks at a time at Table Rock Lake before we grew up and had responsibilities and kids. We lived there for six years. He’s from a little hick town in the Missouri Ozark Mountains. My folks are from the Arkansas Ozark Mountains. So this really hits home.
Ozark Season 4 Guide to Release Date, Cast News and Spoilers
Your man is from a hick town in the Missouri Ozarks? We are probably related!

Your man is from a hick town in the Missouri Ozarks? We are probably related!

Greetings from Ozarkistan!!!

Re: Hinterland -- love love love this show. This show was actually recorded twice, once in English and once in Welsh Gaelic! The first TV show ever in Welsh. Some of the conversations are in Welsh with English subtitles.

Agree that the British crime shows are wonderful.

We're watching Indian Summers now, the Raj in the 1930's. Enjoying the depiction of the social & political changes and of course the sets & costumes.

Waving from Ozarkistan, Laughing

jmho ymmv lrr

I did have ancestors in those areas. Immediate family was a little further west and south from there. Lebanon, Phillipsburg, Conway, Mountain Grove, Nixa and Ozark to name a few.
We moved to St. Louis County to Fenton cause he worked at the Chrysler Truck Plant. My favorite takeaway to keep the six years I lived there is “soda” and “youins”

I'm watching Spycraft. Lots of interesting stuff, amazing some of the things they've come up with.

I just watched The Ripper this morning. I've read a few books about it, and wow, the show really brings home what a terrible investigation it was. Pure stroke of luck it was ever solved, imo. Certainly not through great police work. He was interviewed I think nine times?

I'm watching Spycraft. Lots of interesting stuff, amazing some of the things they've come up with.

I just watched The Ripper this morning. I've read a few books about it, and wow, the show really brings home what a terrible investigation it was. Pure stroke of luck it was ever solved, imo. Certainly not through great police work. He was interviewed I think nine times?

I finished watching The Ripper the other night. Pretty good.

I watched one about Bundy. I didn't know he escaped from custody twice. Didn't know he also got married (in jail) and had a kid. His eyes are so evil looking. Right now I'm watching The trials of Gabriel Fernandez. It's very upsetting. I had to stop twice the other night and I can't binge-watch it - gotta take breaks. Poor little boy.

I haven't read all pages here so some of these may already have been recommended:

Cranford (Judy Dench): Delightful, cozy, has everything if you love historical pieces. Romance, drama, comedy.

Lark Rise to Candleford: Another historical piece but more slow moving and many seasons. I could also read while I watched this, so easy to follow.

Mrs. Wilson: From Masterpiece (watched on Amazon Prime I think.) Compelling British drama. Excellent.

First Cow: Fairly recent movie, very good, on Amazon P.

The Big Sick on Prime. Movie of a few years back. A sweet, good romantic comedy. Ray Romano.

Home for Christmas: "Kind of" Christmasy, but not your typical Christmas movie. Made in Norway or Denmark. Subtitles. I enjoyed it.

Had a month trial of HBO Max: Flight Attendent with Kaley Cucoa fairly good. Edgy and gritty.

The Secret of Roan Innish: Older movie, mystical, magical, quirky.

The Durrels on Corfu: Outstanding. I watched it on PBS, but you can probably find it on Amazon.

I haven't read all pages here so some of these may already have been recommended:

Cranford (Judy Dench): Delightful, cozy, has everything if you love historical pieces. Romance, drama, comedy.

Lark Rise to Candleford: Another historical piece but more slow moving and many seasons. I could also read while I watched this, so easy to follow.

Mrs. Wilson: From Masterpiece (watched on Amazon Prime I think.) Compelling British drama. Excellent.

First Cow: Fairly recent movie, very good, on Amazon P.

The Big Sick on Prime. Movie of a few years back. A sweet, good romantic comedy. Ray Romano.

Home for Christmas: "Kind of" Christmasy, but not your typical Christmas movie. Made in Norway or Denmark. Subtitles. I enjoyed it.

Had a month trial of HBO Max: Flight Attendent with Kaley Cucoa fairly good. Edgy and gritty.

The Secret of Roan Innish: Older movie, mystical, magical, quirky.

The Durrels on Corfu: Outstanding. I watched it on PBS, but you can probably find it on Amazon.

Your list made me think of "Home Fires" (PBS Masterpiece) which is available on Amazon Prime. I hated to see the series end :(

Your Honor ( series)
Showtime

A respected judge's son is involved in something that leads to lies, deceit and impossible choices.

Loved Murder on Middle Beach too. I check for updates on that heartbreaking case.
My recommendations.... Murders at White House Farm on HBOmax. Dramatized true story of a British case. Great acting, shocking story and one that sticks with you.

Equinox on Netflix. A fantastic new Danish series that delves into the disappearance of 22 high school students and the sister of one who investigates years later. Deals with occult rituals and is dark, but not gory. Loved it.

Oldenheim 12 and Shoendam (sp.?) 12 on Acorn (British subscription on Amazon) Dutch. Both addictive whodunnits.

The Missing. On Starz,but available on Amazon prime. Both seasons are great. Set in France, Germany, Belgium and UK, the first season starts slow,but is worth it. I immediately began binging season 2 after,and loved it more. There is a spin-off now called Baptiste( the weary compassionate detective from The Missing) on PBS Masterpiece. Just started,but good.

Department Q. Mysteries. Danish. Available on AMC+. If it isn't there anymore, rent them. These are my favorites. Dark and brooding with 2 detectives who investigate cold cases. The Absent One is the best. It is the second,but you don't need to watch them in order. I've rewatched them, and I wish there were more.

The Head on HBOmax. Whodunnit set in Antarctica, where a dark winter ends,and a researcher's headless body is found. Great to watch with coffee and covers.

I don't really care about series that are episodic...obv. there are exceptions, but these all revolve around a central mystery or case. I'd love feedback if you watch any of these. Hope you like them!

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwantapuppy
Back