Netflix or Amazon Prime recommendations

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Blown Away on Netflix
'Blown Away' Brings Glassblowing to Netflix | Arts & Culture | Smithsonian Magazine

“When I say I’m a glassblower, people think I make pipes and bongs,” says Katherine Gray with a laugh. A professor of art at California State University, San Bernadino, Gray is the chief judge on “Blown Away,” a new Netflix reality competition centered around the dramatic, sweaty, creative process of glassblowing. Far beyond the paraphernalia Gray’s interlocutors ask about, the art form demands incredible skill and produces stunning works worthy of any museum collection.

Adds Gray of the stereotypes she encounters, “Or, they think I make work like Dale Chihuly. Which is not a bad comparison, and I’m glad people know of his work. But Chihuly’s work is just one—albeit, very famous—interpretation of glass. This show will showcase the huge range of work that’s being made in glass, and what different generations are doing with it.”

Premiering this Friday, July 12, the show is the first-ever competition series to focus on glassblowing. In each episode, artists create a finished piece in a matter of hours, each hoping to avoid elimination and emerge the winner, who receives a $60,000 prize and a coveted artist residency at the Corning Museum of Glass.

Glass artists, as well as many art institutions, hope that the show will raise public perception of glassblowing as a fine art—a perception that has been diminishing in recent years, according to Cybele Maylone, executive director of Connecticut’s Aldrich Contemporary Art Museum and former executive director of UrbanGlass in Brooklyn, New York.

Hello! I have Netflix, and just recently joined Amazon Prime. I also have Acorn. I tend to stick with true crime , but also fictional crime and horror. If you are able to find them, I recommend some older British comedies:
Are You Being Served-shenanigans at the fictional Grace Brothers Department store
As Time Goes By-starring the great Dame Judy Dench
and my favorite-Keeping Up Appearances-Hyacinth Bucket pronounced Boo-Kay tries to social climb but is hindered
by her crazy family.
On Amazon Prime for a fictional crime show I recommend
Whitechapel-investigators look to the past to solve new crimes. I am off to watch Whitechapel right now .

"Lupin" is excellent, I really liked it. It's a French thriller series. But it's dubbed in English, in addition to the subtitles.
I LOVED Lupin. Can not wait for Part 2. I watched it in the orignial French with subtitles- I can not stand dubbed shows- I need the original voices and inflections.

Allen V Farrow HBO
Episode 2 - is up now
This second one is much faster with more (sadly) details.
A feeling of arrest is in the Epstein , Maxwell & Weinstein type air....IMO

Behind her Eyes on Netflix- the ending will just wow you...you think you figure out what is going on but so many twists and turns that you get it all wrong!
My hubby and I finished watching this last night. It was great. I was not expecting that ending at all.
2 thumbs up

Anyone into Korean dramas? Some are really fun and addictive to watch.

One I especially loved is on Netflix called Crash Landing on You. The premise sounds silly—a South Korean woman paraglides and accidentally lands in North Korea. Crazy, right? :p Wonderful cast of characters she encounters and gets to know in North Korea while she tries to get home.

I was sad when it finally ended (lots of episodes!). A mixture of romance, comedy, drama, action and suspense. It made me cry at times (heartwarming tearjerker tears). :)

Crash Landing on You (TV Series 2019–2020) - IMDb

I watched one about Bundy. I didn't know he escaped from custody twice. Didn't know he also got married (in jail) and had a kid. His eyes are so evil looking. Right now I'm watching The trials of Gabriel Fernandez. It's very upsetting. I had to stop twice the other night and I can't binge-watch it - gotta take breaks. Poor little boy.
BBM
Watching this today. It is upsetting.
Wow. The collective work to be a voice for this child.
I noticed in the program lead in, they show a young boy(in shadow) walking up the court house steps ❤️

MOO

I have no idea what this is about but just going by the name it sounds interesting lol. Now On my todo list for the weekend :D

warning - there are some graphic parts
it's a very disturbing look at the fishing industry worldwide
you'll be shocked by some of what the documentary finds out
people really need to stop eating fish - it's the only way to stop these conglomerates from depleting the oceans

Last night I dozed off watching a movie I had seen before and awoke to Ice Age, a disaster movie from 2012. At first I thought it was a comedy, the acting was so bad and the plot was ridiculous.

The situations the main characters found themselves in were just laughable. If you ever need light entertainment check out this volcano/glacier disaster gem.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randell9587
Back