Netflix to stream new documentary on Steven Avery - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I do feel sorry for the victim as well. Still, I am very grateful to the documentary for bringing Brandon's case into the light. He is a second victim, and I hope the interviews and his "confession" will now be scrutinized.

Someone posted a video of the very first Dassey "confession" that was taken at the cabin while the family was up north on 11/7/2005. This was taken in the back of a police cruiser. Don't think Barb even knew they were interrogating Brendan at this point. :(

[video=youtube;9zePg5OfvyU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=9zePg5OfvyU&app=desktop[/video]

BBM. Just a note since you made comments recently about poor use of grammar by one or more people involved in this case. You might not realize that you often use this particular word incorrectly and always in the past tense. Should be, "I saw this on reddit last night." (http://proofreading.ie/portfolio/saw-or-seen/)

What does this have to do with Steven Avery or this case? Can we stay on topic please?

What does this have to do with Steven Avery or this case? Can we stay on topic please?

About the same as it was on topic when Missy first brought up grammar of people in this case.

I never said that, but it's one of those things if no one ever tells you, it's not something you'd ever necessarily know. Now that you know you can choose to use the proper grammar if you want (or not).

To publicly scold someone, then pretentiously
claim you were just trying to, helpfully educate them, is just so transparent. We do have a pm system if you feel the need to offer unsolicited grammer/spelling advice.

Personally, I find the way Missy uses that particular word, endearing. It helps me *hear* her authentic voice... She has a lot to offer the discussion, and obviously has put a lot of effort into researching the case.

About the same as it was on topic when Missy first brought up grammar of people in this case.

you mean this post? Looks on topic to me..... just sayin....

http://www.wisn.com/news/steven-aver...-free/37562046

SA wrote a letter to a reporter (after she wrote him)

On a side note.... and I don't want to sound rude... but he has spent a lot of time in prison.... 18 yrs the first time, 10 yrs now.... don't they have some classes he could take? learn to speak/write proper English?

To publicly scold someone, then pretentiously
claim you were just trying to, helpfully educate them, is just so transparent. We do have a pm system if you feel the need to offer unsolicited grammer/spelling advice.

Personally, I find the way Missy uses that particular word, endearing. It helps me *hear* her authentic voice... She has a lot to offer the discussion, and obviously has put a lot of effort into researching the case.

Thanks Safeguard! I have done a ton of reading. I was really hoping that the transcripts would help clarify some things, and, in my mind, would be able to decide whether I thought he was guilty or not.... but it hasn't :( I still think it's possible he did it.... I still think it's possible someone else did..... I still think that it's possible LE planted some of this evidence, and I still absolutely believe that this case should have some sort of review about how it was handled.

BD's case.... well, after seeing the doc and doing a bit of research, my opinion is he is not guilty, he is collateral damage and I really hope that he gets a new trial or something. I have said it before and will say it again.... I have a hard time watching those tapes etc just because of the age and I have boys that age, it totally breaks my heart.

Thanks Safeguard! I have done a ton of reading. I was really hoping that the transcripts would help clarify some things, and, in my mind, would be able to decide whether I thought he was guilty or not.... but it hasn't :( I still think it's possible he did it.... I still think it's possible someone else did..... I still think that it's possible LE planted some of this evidence, and I still absolutely believe that this case should have some sort of review about how it was handled.

BD's case.... well, after seeing the doc and doing a bit of research, my opinion is he is not guilty, he is collateral damage and I really hope that he gets a new trial or something. I have said it before and will say it again.... I have a hard time watching those tapes etc just because of the age and I have boys that age, it totally breaks my heart.
Yup. This is about where I'm at too execpt I still firmly believe he didn't do it, but have to allow the possibility, because the truth is not clear by any account. (It surprises me that there are still a small minority that think that is it!) They are the ones claiming the doc was so totally one sided, yet further factual research, from many other sources, finds that same "slant", again and again.

Then there is the misplaced indignation of those who feel the documentary should have been, "The Teresa Halbach Story", and focused more on her life, and times, but it's focus was on a terribly flawed justice system, and as such, I found it breathtaking.

Agree about Brendan. Heartbreaking indeed, I have a ten yr old daughter, and she does that exact same picking at her hands, thing you see him doing, when she is frustrated as to what is wanted/expected from her. That part gutted me.

IMO, there's no reasonable way to have a true Teresa Halbach story, until we get the bottom of this case. I would love for her to get justice and her family to know the truth of what happened to her.

I hope she's haunting whoever did this, if it turns out it isn't SA.

Then there is the misplaced indignation of those who feel the documentary should have been, "The Teresa Halbach Story", and focused more on her life, and times, but it's focus was on a terribly flawed justice system, and as such, I found it breathtaking.

RSBM I would like to hear more about TH. I would like to know who was calling her at all the time. Did she talk to a friend about this? How did no one miss her for 3 days? And if they did notice....why weren't they concerned? did she normally take off for 3 days without telling anyone? IMO that personal side of TH might hold some answers!

IIRC the prosecution and TH's family declined to be interviewed (not sure if her family/friends were asked for sure or not), so it should not have been that surprising to them that 'her story' wasn't portrayed in the show. I don't think anyone realized how big this documentary would be at the time.

on that note..... here is an article with some friends of TH's 'remembering' her :)
http://www.people.com/article/teres...g-a-murderer-victim-think-about-her-every-day

RSBM I would like to hear more about TH. I would like to know who was calling her at all the time. Did she talk to a friend about this? How did no one miss her for 3 days? And if they did notice....why weren't they concerned? did she normally take off for 3 days without telling anyone? IMO that personal side of TH might hold some answers!

IIRC the prosecution and TH's family declined to be interviewed (not sure if her family/friends were asked for sure or not), so it should not have been that surprising to them that 'her story' wasn't portrayed in the show. I don't think anyone realized how big this documentary would be at the time.

on that note..... here is an article with some friends of TH's 'remembering' her :)
http://www.people.com/article/teres...g-a-murderer-victim-think-about-her-every-day

So true, we know so little about her. (Just look at her dedicated sticky!) I wish we did have some answers to those questions you posed, as well as a bit more fleshed out idea of what she was like personally.

I did get the impression that she was a very neat, responsible, yet fun loving woman, from the few pics, and small amount of info available.

She was just getting started in life.

Photographers have such a great attention to detail, I just feel as if she would want us all to really *see* what happened to her. And I feel somewhat obsessed with looking for that, she is always in my mind and in that sense, she is all over this case.

I do feel what we could learn about her, should be up to her family to share, and not this doc.

I had read the interview you linked to, before and felt that that it really did not go beyond the obligatory;"she was a wonderful person, had a lovely smile/ laugh, she will be missed type things. I find the lack of info frustrating...

If someone could even just put that, If I die young" video into some kind of contex, that would be a start

Also I often wonder what pics were on that camera she carried that day. Did she see something photo worthy after she left the salvage yard, and get out to take some pics?

Was this discussed? http://www.khou.com/story/news/nati...n-dassey-transferred-allouez-prison/79158190/

I wonder if all the publicity is making the other inmates kind of target him for mistreatment. **speculative**

I don't know, but this case is making me crazy...I read somewhere that where they moved him to is where Jeffrey Dahmar was moved to and then ultimately killed at, and I worry for Brendan's safety, smh. I have to remind myself that these are actually strangers to me, and I kinda just have to wait to see what happens along with everyone else. :(

I don't know, but this case is making me crazy...I read somewhere that where they moved him to is where Jeffrey Dahmar was moved to and then ultimately killed at, and I worry for Brendan's safety, smh. I have to remind myself that these are actually strangers to me, and I kinda just have to wait to see what happens along with everyone else. :(

Oh snap ! Like ' oh no , he had an accident in prison and can no longer testify if a new trial comes up ' ....... ? Shoot !

Oh snap ! Like ' oh no , he had an accident in prison and can no longer testify if a new trial comes up ' ....... ? Shoot !

I'm not sure how to word this because I can't post a link to it, but his cousin, Carla, posted about this on the family's fb page. She said that he had been there before but was moved because he had issues with other inmates and his lawyer is working on getting him moved closer to the family. She did post before this (and then deleted it) that it was because media requests for interviews, people calling, mail... which... doesn't make a lot of sense to me because now that will just move to the new facility, wouldn't it?

lol love this, I try to always check the mileage before I tell people how long it takes to get somewhere, because I know I drive way too fast. After I thought about it though it's good you mentioned how long it took, because my fiancé goes fishing around there with friends and also said itd take him maybe 90 min max, but usually less and that's from Sheboygan...a trip that google maps says should take 110 min. I have no idea if the Avery's are fast/slow drivers but time it takes to drive there is probably more important than mileage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL...My Grandparents used to live in Iron Mountain about 40 miles north of Crivitz. Prior to 2005, I-43 was 65 miles per hour and 141 was 55 miles per hour. It changed in a town called Abrams. Once they widened the road...I can't remember when they did that..but I believe it was 4 lane in 2005--the speed limit changed to 65 miles per hour. They only widened the road to a 4 lane up to Crivitz and then it goes back down to the 2 lane. Between Milwaukee and Green Bay, you could easily do 70-75 miles per hour. Not on the 2 lane though...have gotten plenty of tickets driving more than that on that road. This past fall they increased the speed limit between Milwaukee and Green Bay to 70 miles per hour, but it is still 65 north of Green Bay.

The bus driver is correct, so the defense is using the correct timeline, at least on that count.

Bobby's testimony is one of the things that I have gone over and over trying to rationalize in my mind, as I just don't see why he would lie if he wasn't involved, but I don't think he's involved, or at least that he didn't commit the murder

Daylight savings time was Oct 30 of that year- is it possible Bobby was looking at a clock that hadnt been changed yet, meaning he saw Theresa at 345, not 245?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had read Brendan's teacher picked him up that morning...I'm wondering if the time change had anything to do with that??

Just a question, I generally don't chime in. Were people not home at the Dassey residence that day/night? How does no one hear over 10 guns shots?

You answered your own question....it was deer season and no one thought anything about it.

Exactly, according to Google Maps the Dassey home is about 70-80' from SA's garage. Most likely, SA would have had no idea who was coming or going when in the Dassey home. IMO, TH was not killed in SA's trailer or the garage - possibly out by the gravel pit, but one would have to discount the testimony of the propane truck driver who saw her vehicle between 3:30 and 4 on 10/31.

There is also the possibility--the propane driver DID in fact see her--who is to say, she didn't leave something at the Avery's turn around and go back to get it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EllDee