Netflix to stream new documentary on Steven Avery - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to go to bed, hopefully someone will have an answer for me tomorrow....

Why did the State drop the Felony possession of a firearm charge?

The theory was that he used that gun to shoot her, so it would be a crime if he did or just had those firearms in his possession.... so why did they drop it? I'm just curious.

Found some dates....

March 1st recorded interview with BD (in the school). I know he had more before this, but it was this interview that allowed them to get a search warrant I believe.

March 2nd Kratz news conference
(I'm not linking it... because it's awful and I only found the date from googling, I didn't verify, so I might be wrong, but it's close)

search warrant March 1st
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3oyz92oaw...davit for Search Warrant on 03-01-06.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oku5c4ae2qdlya/Exhibit 4 - Search Warrant on 03-01-06.pdf?dl=0 <<< the time on it was 4:02 pm.. that was pretty quick after BD's interview, wasn't it?

This is what they took from the trailer/garage, dated March 3rd.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vsj2bfiyyoe60go/Exhibit 5 - Return of Officer on 03-03-06.pdf?dl=0

lab report dated March 31, 2006
http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Steven-Avery-Trial-Exhibit-313.pdf
May have been collected on March 1st? hard to tell. Some of the items I'm pretty sure went in the first searches.

this lab report is dated May 8th, 2006
http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Steven-Avery-Trial-Exhibit-314.pdf
it does have some of the things that were taken from the trailer from that search warrant.

I think it is pretty clear that Kratz had absolutely no evidence to back up his story, or BD's. IMO

Thank you!

Alas, the reason he regrets the press conference. NOT because of the grief and mental anguish he caused her parents.

Case Closed
08-Feb-2016
00:40
Investigating Officer: Missy1974

LOL you are too funny Nocturnal!

I'm glad you made me go look that up.... I think I knew it, but to see it in order like that... just makes me hate Kratz that much more!!

I have to go to bed, hopefully someone will have an answer for me tomorrow....

Why did the State drop the Felony possession of a firearm charge?

The theory was that he used that gun to shoot her, so it would be a crime if he did or just had those firearms in his possession.... so why did they drop it? I'm just curious.

I had this question too. But what I realized is they did not drop the felon in possession, the jury found him guilty. I think what was dropped was the State having to prove he was in fact a felon from previous charges. Possibly to keep his past crimes out of the this trial? not sure if IIRC so I may be wrong. I will look it up.

I had this question too. But what I realized is they did not drop the felon in possession, the jury found him guilty. I think what was dropped was the State having to prove he was in fact a felon from previous charges. Possibly to keep his past crimes out of the this trial? not sure if IIRC so I may be wrong. I will look it up.

think this is what you mean.
attachment.php

Perhaps none of the pro-guilt people:
A HAVE a legitimate reason, because there is none
B. Don't need bullet OR key-chain to convict him. The mountain is big enough without Cop#1 & Cop#2 input
C. Don't need to throw baby out with the bath water because of two potentially smelly turds in the water. They were there-- NOT in command of everything. They can't alter FBI reports, be in 16 places at once, tow cars, whilst dismembering bodies, burning them, scattering bones, tainting witnesses, or every other thing that points to guilt that the "he's innocent!!" ppl want to throw on THEM. Two officers on scene when they SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN does NOT erase the good police work of all of the other police officers on scene and off. Blame Krantz for his poop. Blame Brandon's interrogators for their end. Your assuming we accept ALL evidence.

THEY SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN THERE, BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT TONS OF REALLY GOOD POLICE OFFICERS AND HIGHER RANKING, SOLID, MORALLY & ETHICALLY STRAIGHT ONES WERE.

Do you want to start a new thread discussing the odds of EVERY POLICE OFFICER, EVERY LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICIAL, MEMBER OF THE CLERKS OFFICE, COURTHOUSE, COMMUNICATION PERSONNEL & OUTSIDE AGENCY BROUGHT IN BEING CORRUPT because perhaps one or two officers coughed, tripped and OOPS! dropped a key-chain "accidentally"?

See previous posts about "calling plates in day before" allegations. Don't believe everything a film student/producer feeds you on TV.

First of all, I find that highly offensive that because I have questions about almost every aspect of that investigation, I am basing that off of what a film student/producer "fed me". I have dug much deeper than what the documentary put out there by now.

Also, about all of those "TONS OF REALLY GOOD POLICE OFFICERS AND HIGHER RANKING, SOLID, MORALLY & ETHICALLY STRAIGHT ONES WERE" there. Do you mean like the ethical Ken Kratz, who just so happened to be from that "OUTSIDE AGENCY" you spoke of? Because he was there as early as 11/05. Why didn't those morally and ethically straight ones keep MCSO completely out of that investigation? We probably wouldn't be here asking these questions today, if that had happened.

I am not just calling the bullet and the key into question? I am calling MANY things into question.

A. Why was the MC coroner walled off from the crime scene, yet other KEY MCSO officers were allowed to come and go as they pleased, signing in/out (or not) as they saw fit. The coroner had ZERO to do with the wrongful conviction charge or the lawsuit that was pending, yet she is the ONLY one that they chose to recuse. Why is that??
B. Why did they not wait until the Coroner from another county to get there, to properly examine those bones and the evidence in situ, rather than hastily shoveling up the remains into buckets, probably damaging them further, to be sent off to the Crime Lab?
C. Why was there no documentation done of the bones in situ...I have never heard of that NOT being done before this case.
D. Why did they just DELIVER the bones in a box to the medical examiner's office, as they did? She testified herself on the stand during cross that she was confused as to the way that evidence came to be in her possession for examination, because she had no idea that she would be receiving them. She came home from a seminar (I think) on 11/10 to find them sitting in her office waiting for her.

Those are just the questions I have about the CREMAINS alone, there is too much for me to list of everything I found to be WRONG in that investigation. But there is just the start.

Also, I do not recall where people who questioned the investigation have said that ALL OF LE present during that investigation were corrupt? I have seen it stated MANY times that people do NOT believe that way. It would probably only take a handful of corrupt officers to taint that investigation, and that is EXACTLY what was allowed to happen when Cop #1 and Cop #2 were allowed to blissfully traipse ALL THROUGH that crime scene, IMHO.

For the most part BCA, we do respectfully disagree... we try to provide links, testimony, etc. And I totally get what you mean. However, when it is clear that some believe that he is guilty because of what they were fed pre-trial, or because he was convicted, or believing statements that are not true and have been proven to not be true, and there is just no budging... it's really hard LOL But we will keep trying.... LOL The same can be said about the one's that believe he is innocent because they watched a documentary and signed a petition... Gotta do your homework. Be willing to discuss it :)

I'm not talking just here either. You should see some of the theories out there.... our tin foil hats are much smaller compared to theirs LOL

I see you as very unique in the way you dealt with your loss. Not everyone is as strong as you. Everyone grieves in different ways---sometimes family members and friends are not open to that possibility....I had a friend whose mom was dying and she refused to accept it. It wasn't until 10 years later that she finally admitted she was being selfish when her mom died. We didn't push her to accept it--we just let her grieve in her own way--did she hurt herself by doing that--absolutely--they just need time to heal....and again I'm not saying anyone on here is a family member or friend.

From my experience--I think everyone here has been quite friendly and accepting of each others thoughts ideas etc. I just don't know how a family member would react to someone saying he is not guilty...that's all I'm trying to say.

I agree with you COMPLETELY on this, but I have a legitimate fear that we, and more importantly her family, may NEVER find out what happened to that poor girl. I am no longer as concerned about SA and his guilt or innocence now because he has Zellner looking for the truth of that aspect of the case. But this is 10 years down the line now, and while KZ is hard at work looking for PROOF of SA's innocence it is not her job to find out who actually committed the murder. That was on LE back then to do that and they did not care about TH then.

After 10 years, and all of the shadiness going on in that investigation back then, I truly feel that the victim, and also people such as yourself, BCA, who live in close proximity of this crime may never be able to feel closure about what really happened back then to Teresa Halbach. I can only hope that if SA is truly innocent of this crime, and it is proven, that they are able to also prove that someone such as that Martinez guy did it, who are at least in prison for other crimes they have committed and not still walking the streets and that no one else has lost their lives due to the extreme negligence and tunnel-vision of MCSO. :(

Oh...we definitely agree on that! :smile::smile:

Sorry--didn't mean to give the impression that I live in close proximity---I do have family north of there--thought of moving up there someday! I love the area--but more north of Green Bay...

First of all, I find that highly offensive that because I have questions about almost every aspect of that investigation, I am basing that off of what a film student/producer "fed me". I have dug much deeper than what the documentary put out there by now.

Also, about all of those "TONS OF REALLY GOOD POLICE OFFICERS AND HIGHER RANKING, SOLID, MORALLY & ETHICALLY STRAIGHT ONES WERE" there. Do you mean like the ethical Ken Kratz, who just so happened to be from that "OUTSIDE AGENCY" you spoke of? Because he was there as early as 11/05. Why didn't those morally and ethically straight ones keep MCSO completely out of that investigation? We probably wouldn't be here asking these questions today, if that had happened.

I am not just calling the bullet and the key into question? I am calling MANY things into question.

A. Why was the MC coroner walled off from the crime scene, yet other KEY MCSO officers were allowed to come and go as they pleased, signing in/out (or not) as they saw fit. The coroner had ZERO to do with the wrongful conviction charge or the lawsuit that was pending, yet she is the ONLY one that they chose to recuse. Why is that??
B. Why did they not wait until the Coroner from another county to get there, to properly examine those bones and the evidence in situ, rather than hastily shoveling up the remains into buckets, probably damaging them further, to be sent off to the Crime Lab?
C. Why was there no documentation done of the bones in situ...I have never heard of that NOT being done before this case.
D. Why did they just DELIVER the bones in a box to the medical examiner's office, as they did? She testified herself on the stand during cross that she was confused as to the way that evidence came to be in her possession for examination, because she had no idea that she would be receiving them. She came home from a seminar (I think) on 11/10 to find them sitting in her office waiting for her.

Those are just the questions I have about the CREMAINS alone, there is too much for me to list of everything I found to be WRONG in that investigation. But there is just the start.

Let's not jump all over my comments and re-organize them K?
IN CONTEXT
You said:
"My main beef with the pro-guilt people is that the fact that MCSO had anything to do with that investigation. In all my reading and researching I have been doing I have yet to see ONE person give a legitimate reason for their presence anywhere REMOTELY near there."

And I responded re: THE MCSO guys that shouldn't have been there. Your "beef"

KEN KRATZ, the appointed special prosecutor WAS ALLOWED THERE, no? Two separate topics.

ANOTHER topic: The horse crap fed to everyone- the inference that Cobourn MUST be corrupt and was most likely standing at the car when he called the plate in.
(CUE CONSPIRACY THEORY) AND goooooooooooooo!
PPL have run with that (as the film makers wanted) and gone as far as to say he must have found the car elsewhere, possibly her body as well, single-handedly or with help followed through with burning her body, planting remains, planted the car, etc. TO BE CLEAR before you stroke out, I'm not saying YOU said that. I'm explaining WHY I closed out my comments mentioning him and pointed you to previous discussions about him. YOU mentioned MCSO ppl that shouldn't be there. You said they must be there for "nefarious reasons" only. I'm assuming perhaps you think HE'S one of the shady MCSO ppl---so I encouraged you to go read previous discussions re: him. Not saying that he's cop of the year. I don't know. But a film producer started the ball rolling and conspiracy theorists having helped that ball right down the mountain. There are ENDLESS logical, reasonable, completely NON nefarious reasons for him to have called those plates in. Without him ever having been within a mile of the car OR plates.

Yet another topic: OUTSIDE AGENCY as in the other police officers from CALUMET county. Some who seem to have even stuck their necks out a little on the stand to infer (without accusing) that NO--that key was NOT there during the previous 4 thousand searches.
AND
The FBI assist-- betcha THEY weren't losing their pensions & retirement trying to frame some high profile felon who seemed to be progressively hanging himself nicely over the years.

You also said "Do you mean like the ethical Ken Kratz, who just so happened to be from that "OUTSIDE AGENCY" you spoke of? Because he was there as early as 11/05. Why didn't those morally and ethically straight ones keep MCSO completely out of that investigation? We probably wouldn't be here asking these questions today, if that had happened."
I agree!!! But wait, did I imply Ken Kratz was morally and ethically straight? Must have been a typo.

You "KEY MCSO officers were allowed to come and go as they pleased, signing in/out (or not) as they saw fit."
It seems that you are correct. INITIALLY. I cannot verify this, but it seems as tho SOMEONE ethically sound and conscientious from Calumet County finally said WTF? MCSO is walking all over this place! SOMEONE START A LOG! Direct ALL PERSONNEL to sign-in and out of here. I'm not going down with this ship! (<------totally imagined dramatic scene added to amuse myself)

In general: us "pro-guilt" ppl might all agree with your A, B, C & D. Something definitely stinks in Suburbia.

You said: "I have yet to see ONE person give a legitimate reason for their presence anywhere REMOTELY near there. I have seen many posts that say, " I agree that MCSO shouldn't have been there, BUT there is a mountain of evidence against him." REFERRING TO MCSO personnel specifically.

So let me reiterate: Maybe there isn't ONE PERSON pro-guilt that has a legitimate explanation. Maybe we all agree they shouldn't have been there. We all perceive the "mountain" differently and cling on to our own individual key evidence points and decide for ourselves what is relevant and not.

As for me, I can toss the key chain evidence, the hot mess of potentially magic bullets, and every word out of a sixteen year old's terrified mouth and I'd STILL never let that man walk. NOT HAPPENING.

As far as the bones, I'm assuming the MC coroner was walked off the scene because she was MC? SOMEONE again had an "Umm...let's not and maybe get someone else in here" moment? total speculation. Was no other coroner available? Just curious because I really don't know the answer. Not a deal breaker for me because I AGREE......THEY SHOULD have waited. AS LONG AS IT TOOK.
Last we "spoke" I went digging (all puns intended) and found this:

https://books.google.com/books?id=O...epage&q=remains not recovered in situ&f=false

SMH!! Did regular ole patrol officers handle the scene or what?

I realize there are a ton of questions. I'm SO there with you.
But don't assume that just because I (we?) aren't overly concerned with a few bad apples or don't have answers for some WHY's or how certain things transpired---- that we are off in some corner somewhere DUCKING questions or runnin scared.

Certain circumstances may just be more relevant to you.

And again, if I had a dollar for every time an officer called in a plate to verify DATA because they::: couldn't find their notes, were pooping, were yacking away, eating, interviewing, pen-less, paper-less, Clue-less :pullhair:, off-duty half listening, on their portable radio/ out of range or OFF THE CLOCK for lunch having a "NOON-er" :rockon::winkkiss::censored: I'd be out of this God aweful itchy polyester uniform on a beach somewhere with a Margarita in hand. :seeya:

Also, I do not recall where people who questioned the investigation have said that ALL OF LE present during that investigation were corrupt? I have seen it stated MANY times that people do NOT believe that way. It would probably only take a handful of corrupt officers to taint that investigation, and that is EXACTLY what was allowed to happen when Cop #1 and Cop #2 were allowed to blissfully traipse ALL THROUGH that crime scene, IMHO.

I'm going to ask that you (we) refer to them as Thing 1 & Thing 2 from this point on, mostly because it amuses me lol...
I simply don't think Thing 1 & Thing 2 could pull off this entire thing and set the entire "framing" up all by themselves.

NOT EVEN WITH the help of Mr. Creepy McCreeperson (his words) and his gross molestache (my observations) directing a few puppets he MAY have had strings on.

Unlike lawyers or political figures that are constantly called into question for being dirty or corrupt----- cops (Calmut county, FBI etc.) aren't going to (collectively ALL OF THEM) passively sit back and lose their a$$es and everything they've worked for to put away some guy in a county 20 miles away when it's outside their PERSONAL circle of concern.
Maybe a few. Maybe some seem ok with bullying the crap out of 16yo boys who most likely cannot even spell the word intimidate? (Thing 3 & Thing 4) But collectively, no.

IMO--- Based on what I've seen with multi-jurisdictional operations-- cops get a little ummm, I'll say "jurisdictional"

If the bulk of the guys pounding the pavement suspect a few rogue apples FROM A NEIGHBORING JURISDICTION who shouldn't even BE all up in THEIR case--- Are going to compromise their investigation, reputation, and overall outcome?? Umm, no......
They're going to START *****n to their superiors RIGHT now.

Calumet County officers had NEGATIVE -36million reasons to go down with that ship trying to care about frying some junkyard dog

JUST my opinion.
Until something new comes up to change my opinion.

Maybe in 20yrs some now retired LEO Florida snow-bird will correct me???
Until then, SA is still technically serving time for the firearm thing technically IIRC? not murder yet.
Let KZ do her magic.

[video=youtube;hEkCV8qASsA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEkCV8qASsA&feature=youtu.be&a[/video]

I don't even think it took a handful of cops to plant any evidence.... Maybe it was just Thing 1 and Thing 2... maybe it was just Thing 2 LOL I think it could have taken 1 or 2... and then it just takes incompetence from there... which seemed to be contagious in that county IMO Add in a bit of turning a blind eye to the "bad cop" beside you, that's all it took in this case IMO Even denying the coroner at the crime scene... they can't even argue that they didn't know the protocol... why? ... because she was literally on the scene telling them to let her in because it was protocol, but they didn't let her in... and didn't call anyone else.

What evidence was found by MCSD? It's too early in the morning to go investigating, but I think it was the majority of any "damning" evidence.

Calumet County investigators interviewed BD... maybe at the direction of Kratz... but they are still responsible for THAT! Fassbender/Wiegert were in charge of the investigation, maybe they were just incompetent... maybe they just didn't care that MCSD was there? I don't know... but they didn't do a good job IMO

The FBI... they did nothing at the scene IIRC, they did try to extract DNA from the bones, but were no more successful than Culhane. Other than that the FBI did that EDTA test.... that rushed one, the one that they said would take months but instead they finished in a few weeks... yep that one. I don't think the FBI had any other involvement? I could be wrong.

Dr. Eisenberg... the anthropologist... I'm not sure who she worked for? But it doesn't really matter because she wasn't on the scene either.

KZ is at it early on a Monday morning...

Kathleen Zellner &#8207;@ZellnerLaw 3m3 minutes ago
Police reports: Only SA a suspect despite BIG RED FLAGS on others. Must have to do w/BIG GREEN DOLLARS.

letter from SA 2.jpg

it's obvious???? Martinez? it's the only non-family member mentioned in court documents.

ETA: after I hit send.... she deleted and tweeted this...
Police reports: Only SA suspect but BIG RED FLAGS on others. Must have to do w/BIG GREEN DOLLARS. #MakingAMurderer
lol she took out the word despite

With that being said--how do you know that bullet (evidence) wasn't the most compelling thing that a juror used to convict him? Just because it didn't hold any weight for you doesn't mean it didn't hold any weight a a juror.

I think the blood on the bullet could have been swabbed on the bullet just as easily as the blood could have been planted in the vehicle, especially in light of the fact the bullet and casings weren't found on the first search. Those casings were pretty scattered based on those big yellow black number signs. Did SA go to each of those odd locations in the garage just to fire a bullet into TH from those different angles? For all we know that bullet fragment and those casings could have been planted or were laying there for years.

I had read, I think, one of Blaine's statements, where he said no one shot their weapons on the property, everyone went up to Crivitz to sight and shoot their weapons, yet here on the day of TH's disappearance, somebody shows up unannounced to go shoot rabbits with AD. At dusk. For ten minutes. On the golf cart that was hit on by a cadaver dog.

And none of the witnesses and other potential suspects could get their stories straight about what happened that day.

You "KEY MCSO officers were allowed to come and go as they pleased, signing in/out (or not) as they saw fit."
It seems that you are correct. INITIALLY. I cannot verify this, but it seems as tho SOMEONE ethically sound and conscientious from Calumet County finally said WTF? MCSO is walking all over this place! SOMEONE START A LOG! Direct ALL PERSONNEL to sign-in and out of here. I'm not going down with this ship!

In general: us "pro-guilt" ppl might all agree with your A, B, C & D. Something definitely stinks in Suburbia.

Not to mention that Lenk's testimony about when he was at the TH auto crime scene didn't line up with the log.

This would be the first time in the history of law enforcement where one law enforcement agency was ordered to keep an eye on another law enforcement agency in an investigation because of conflict of interest, mistrust, etc.

They knew full well that the other agency was flat out corrupt based on SA being framed the first time.

It's unheard of in the annals of crime investigations for one LE agency to babysit another.

One last thing before I go to work.....

I feel highly validated in thinking he was framed (or at least evidence was planted) when a highly respected lawyer believes the same. And Zellner is not the only lawyer or LE official that we have seen in the last 6 weeks or more come forward saying the same, for both SA and BD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tased×20