Netflix to stream new documentary on Steven Avery

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question regarding cadaver dogs. How long after a person is dead, does the scent become what a cadaver dog is sniffing for ?

In the appeal document for Avery, I see that there was a cadaver dog hit on the golf cart, but it doesn't give the actual date.

Also, would a cadaver dog hit on blood , such as in the rav4 ? Or do cadaver dogs specifically hit on decomposing flesh ?

Lastly, would a cadaver dog hit on bones that had been burned ? I have seen some reports that said there was pieces of not fully burned flesh as well as bones in the fire pit, not sure if that is accurate. But would a cadaver dog hit on that ?

Reason I am asking is I am trying to understand why the cadaver dog would only hit on the golf cart. That would mean that potentially the golf cart was used to transport the body AFTER halbach was dead. I'm sure all the Avery family and relatives had access to that golf cart.

Ok, I did find a study where they said that a body being dead for only 3 hours exposed to a carpet square would result in a hit by a cadaver dog. Blood and flesh cold be detected.

So if someone had a cut hand and got blood on the golf cart, that could result in a hit.

But I am puzzled by why the Rav4 would not then result in a hit - ie, why didn't the cadaver dog find that vehicle? I would imagine that your strongest tool in searching for a potential corpse is the cadaver dog.

Also the bullet in the garage ?

Also the key in the avery trailer ?

So knowing if a cadaver dog was on the property and where it searched, could be evidence of these items not being present on the property at that time. right ?

The father of a Manitiwoc county sheriff's employee and the husband of a clerks office employee? Wonder if the defence was okay with that.

http://m.jsonline.com/news/wisconsin/29326359.html

That's rather unfair. Wonder if the excused juror would be able to determine if either of these were one of the 3 "strong willed" jurors who saw avery as guilty at the beginning of deliberations ?

That's rather unfair. Wonder if the excused juror would be able to determine if either of these were one of the 3 "strong willed" jurors who saw avery as guilty at the beginning of deliberations ?

I found this to be a little bit hinky too in how ironic one of the strong willed for his innocence was suddenly removed due to emergency. http://www.wxow.com/story/11210948/ex-juror-says-he-favored-acquittal-in-avery-case

There was also a statement by RR on Facebook who looks like one of the legit jurors in the trial. Might be the same guy. Posted this morning. https://www.facebook.com/Steven-Avery-Project-161414550884179/posts_to_page/

I found this to be a little bit hinky too in how ironic one of the strong willed for his innocence was suddenly removed due to emergency. http://www.wxow.com/story/11210948/ex-juror-says-he-favored-acquittal-in-avery-case

There was also a statement by RR on Facebook who looks like one of the legit jurors in the trial. Might be the same guy. Posted this morning. https://www.facebook.com/Steven-Avery-Project-161414550884179/posts_to_page/

Ok, read the facebook post by RR and he is the excused juror. I think it'd be a little reckless to jump to the conclusion that the family emergency was someone attempting to remove him. The way I understood it , he was requesting to be removed, and it's a pretty significant claim to say that someone related to the case had a part in creating that family emergency. I'm sure the juror would say so, if he thought that, since he seems fairly comfortable speaking his mind.

He also states that it was the father of a Manitiwoc deputy who was very strong willed, declaring avery's guilt and refusing to deliberate evidence.

Has anyone found any information about this roommate ? He didn't report her as missing for 4 days ? I'd like to hear the explanation for that. It's possible that he notified family and so therefore didn't see it as his place to make that determination. But the fact that he does end up being the one to report her missing, kind of brings that theory into question as well.

If this guy was not at least questioned and given a statement in regards to where he was on that day.

There is alot of talk about where halbach was last seen, but where might she have been headed next ? Did she have another appointment after avery ? On a normal day would she head home ?

The roommate would likely have the best idea of what her daily schedule was like after a work day. He would have known about when to expect her home ? Not sure, but it's something I'd expect police to verify.

Also, what is the roommate's impression of Avery ? Did he have knowledge of halbach being uncomfortable around Avery ? Or anyone ?

Also, if there was a relentless caller/stalker , wouldn't the roommate possibly have more information about this individual ?

If you are going to verify who seen her last, you need to talk to this guy as I'd assume coming home was what she did at the end of a day.

This part never gets explained in documentary or any news report that I can find. But isn't that kind of investigation 101 ?

Once the car and cremains were located on the Avery property, I think suspicion rightly fell away from people like the ex and the roommate. They were probably interviewed when she was a missing person. There has to a limit to what avenues are investigated once a crime scene is found. Otherwise things would be going in absurd directions. Just about any murder could be framed unless caught and arrested in the act. This is my dilemma now - if Avery was set up by someone else at the property like the defence suggest, what could have made police suspect a set up? I can't come up with much.

When you read some of the appeal documents regarding the juror being excused it seems pretty clear that he asked to leave due to multiple issues. One being a car accident his daughter or step-daughter was involved in and then also marital issues. Originally, he said nothing to the judge about having issues with other jurors, that only came up later and at the same time he began denying that he ever said anything about needing to leave in part due to problems in his marriage. It seems to me like his wife got mad about him talking about being wealthy, retired at an early age and being in a band and that, along with the accident, made him want to leave. He was told that no-one would ever know all the reasons for him being excused so it shouldn't be a huge surprise that when it all ended coming out he denied having said some of it and possibly even changed it up to make it more about other jurors.

As for the jurors with some ties to the police or court system, each side has strikes so they can strike jurors they are strongly opposed to. Avery had two great criminal defense attorneys, better than most defendants have, so they either were okay with these two after voir dire, or, there were a bunch more possibilities who were way worse. I actually don't see why the husband of a court clerk employee raises eyebrows. Most court clerks are paper pushers and for all we know she was working on probate cases or something else very far removed from criminal cases. And, even if her job was very involved with criminal cases and court hearings, etc. sometimes those people are the ones who have the most respect for the system. But, it wasn't even that person who was the juror, it was her husband.

Once the car and cremains were located on the Avery property, I think suspicion rightly fell away from people like the ex and the roommate. They were probably interviewed when she was a missing person. There has to a limit to what avenues are investigated once a crime scene is found. Otherwise things would be going in absurd directions. Just about any murder could be framed unless caught and arrested in the act. This is my dilemma now - if Avery was set up by someone else at the property like the defence suggest, what could have made police suspect a set up? I can't come up with much.

For sure, but before the vehicle and remains were found, you'd be searching for who last saw Teresa. Certainly Avery was one to check as it was an appointment. But if Avery says she is no longer there and left at whatever time. Isn't the next question , well, where was she heading next ? Because that person might have seen her. right ? Likewise friends and family would be asked about her typical schedule.

It's 2 days later on Nov 5th that the car is located on the Avery lot. Surely they understood where she lived and that she had a roommate. I also don't think you can so quickly exclude him and the ex-boyfriend, because they are both likely to have knowledge of where she might be AFTER work. If they did do something, of course they'd say "I didn't see her". That's how it would go down. So at minimum asking them where they were that day would be appropriate and when she would typically get home or if that was discussed. The questions wouldn't even be in the context of questioning them as a suspect, but if you talk to them about the hours leading up to the time she is noticed as missing, maybe you remember clues that might help you locate her. That just seems like common sense to me.

When you read some of the appeal documents regarding the juror being excused it seems pretty clear that he asked to leave due to multiple issues. One being a car accident his daughter or step-daughter was involved in and then also marital issues. Originally, he said nothing to the judge about having issues with other jurors, that only came up later and at the same time he began denying that he ever said anything about needing to leave in part due to problems in his marriage. It seems to me like his wife got mad about him talking about being wealthy, retired at an early age and being in a band and that, along with the accident, made him want to leave. He was told that no-one would ever know all the reasons for him being excused so it shouldn't be a huge surprise that when it all ended coming out he denied having said some of it and possibly even changed it up to make it more about other jurors.

As for the jurors with some ties to the police or court system, each side has strikes so they can strike jurors they are strongly opposed to. Avery had two great criminal defense attorneys, better than most defendants have, so they either were okay with these two after voir dire, or, there were a bunch more possibilities who were way worse. I actually don't see why the husband of a court clerk employee raises eyebrows. Most court clerks are paper pushers and for all we know she was working on probate cases or something else very far removed from criminal cases. And, even if her job was very involved with criminal cases and court hearings, etc. sometimes those people are the ones who have the most respect for the system. But, it wasn't even that person who was the juror, it was her husband.

I agree the court clerk spouse might not have been a big deal, but even if they have strikes - how many were used ? I guess I see anyone related to law enforcement, and especially in that county would seem to unfair. I don't know what goes on in the selection process, but maybe that person even knew what to say or not say to be selected ? Which is why a strike might not have been used.

But , if these 2 individuals were the "strong willed" ones, it kind of supports the argument of those saying it's unfair. We have confirmed that one was indeed one of the strong willed. The other 2 ? Would be interesting to know if it was that husband of a clerk.

I guess we have to specify what we see as absurd.

Is the person she lived with and her ex-boyfriend what we'd consider absurd ? I can't imagine it would take long to exclude them, if there is no red flags. But the ex-boyfriend admitted in the trial that he was never interviewed. But would it surprise anyone if he was supposed to meet her that day ? He even said that in trial that he did see her at some point that day, and couldn't specify if it was morning afternoon or evening. Yet the prosecution never knew this because police didn't ask ??

Call me mr skeptical, but I am pretty sure that I would remember the last time of day that I saw someone on the day they went missing with relatively little thought. I mean he should have immediately been able to rule out the evening since she supposedly wasn't seen by anyone after Avery's junk yard in afternoon. And since she was doing auto trader appointments that day, wouldn't it have to be the morning that he saw her ? Yet he can't specify ?

I am open to the guy maybe being nervous on the stand and flustered. But is it possible that he realized at that point what the defense was asking and suddenly didn't want to say something without more thought ? Or possibly because he thought they might be aware of something he didn't previously think they were aware of ?

Hard to say. But I don't think it would be at all an absurd direction to spend a half hour exploring. An ex-boyfriend who saw her the day she went missing, is worth spending some time getting to know. imo

Thanks for the heads up. Making a note to check it out.

My mindset is about where yours is on just about EVERYTHING you have stated here.
This EX inserted himself into the investigation for good reason.
Made sure to send the victims cousin in the direction of the victims vehicle WITH A SPARE CAMERA HE JUST HAPPENED TO HAVE!( GIVEN TO HIM FROM " THE ROOMMATE " )
Mind you, NO ONE else in on the search of the Avery property went with a camera. Or was SENT with a camera.
SO MUCH of this CASE/TRIAL/ DOCUMENTARY( even just up to episode 5) REEKS of INJUSTICE!!
The saddest part of all?
In BOTH of Steve's cases, the REAL perp is getting away with, ( and did get away with until caught ) and free to commit other crimes.
For now anyway.
I guess we have to specify what we see as absurd.

Is the person she lived with and her ex-boyfriend what we'd consider absurd ? I can't imagine it would take long to exclude them, if there is no red flags. But the ex-boyfriend admitted in the trial that he was never interviewed. But would it surprise anyone if he was supposed to meet her that day ? He even said that in trial that he did see her at some point that day, and couldn't specify if it was morning afternoon or evening. Yet the prosecution never knew this because police didn't ask ??

Call me mr skeptical, but I am pretty sure that I would remember the last time of day that I saw someone on the day they went missing with relatively little thought. I mean he should have immediately been able to rule out the evening since she supposedly wasn't seen by anyone after Avery's junk yard in afternoon. And since she was doing auto trader appointments that day, wouldn't it have to be the morning that he saw her ? Yet he can't specify ?

I am open to the guy maybe being nervous on the stand and flustered. But is it possible that he realized at that point what the defense was asking and suddenly didn't want to say something without more thought ? Or possibly because he thought they might be aware of something he didn't previously think they were aware of ?

Hard to say. But I don't think it would be at all an absurd direction to spend a half hour exploring. An ex-boyfriend who saw her the day she went missing, is worth spending some time getting to know. imo

ALL legit questions that I too, would like answered.
Has anyone found any information about this roommate ? He didn't report her as missing for 4 days ? I'd like to hear the explanation for that. It's possible that he notified family and so therefore didn't see it as his place to make that determination. But the fact that he does end up being the one to report her missing, kind of brings that theory into question as well.

If this guy was not at least questioned and given a statement in regards to where he was on that day.

There is alot of talk about where halbach was last seen, but where might she have been headed next ? Did she have another appointment after avery ? On a normal day would she head home ?

The roommate would likely have the best idea of what her daily schedule was like after a work day. He would have known about when to expect her home ? Not sure, but it's something I'd expect police to verify.

Also, what is the roommate's impression of Avery ? Did he have knowledge of halbach being uncomfortable around Avery ? Or anyone ?

Also, if there was a relentless caller/stalker , wouldn't the roommate possibly have more information about this individual ?

If you are going to verify who seen her last, you need to talk to this guy as I'd assume coming home was what she did at the end of a day.

This part never gets explained in documentary or any news report that I can find. But isn't that kind of investigation 101 ?

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Does everyone agree that there is no way she had her "throat slit" and/or was stabbed on that mattress? [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Does everyone agree that there is no way she had her "throat slit" and/or was stabbed on that mattress? [/FONT]

Yes, I agree. And it makes me so sad for her family that they were told that. Even the prosecution ended up saying she was killed in the garage because of no evidence in the bedroom.

At first I thought the ex. & roommate. Now I'm thinking Chuck Avery. And I'm thinking he may or may not have acted alone. I also think he sold his innocent STEVE out to the cops, meaning Chuck helped move things along so that they would be found. IF Chuck or a family member didn't do it, they sure the hell have zero faith in Steve.
I believe Brendan and Steve are innocent.
Erased phone messages, no evidence in that trailer. I could go on and on.
Did you see how SMALL that trailer was?
They SLIT her throat? Shot her? Where? The mattress that's still on the bed? Where is the blood splatter?
Such a mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member