Found Deceased Netherlands - Anja Schaap, 33, Katwijk, 29 May 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"Unknown woman
Around 6.10 a witness saw an unknown woman walking on the Melkweg, near the Campingweg. The woman came from Hoorneslaan. On the basis of the report, it is quite possible that this was Anja, but it could also have been a different woman. Was this you? Pass it on to the police."
Talpa Network

(LE wants to be in contact with the woman who was walking there around that time and asks in the broadcast: " Opsporing Verzocht" (that is posted here above) to contact the police, because they are not sure if it was Anja walking there. CCTV recorded those images from a distance.)

Her body has been found north of the Waddeneilanden by a German ship earlier this day. This is quite a distance away (circa 100-150 kilometers)
Lichaam vermiste Katwijkse vrouw (33) gevonden in zee boven Waddeneilanden | NU - Het laatste nieuws het eerst op NU.nl
I just read it.
RIP Anja

"Section and further police investigations must show what happened to Anja Schaap and how she ended up in the water. Her family has since been informed. The surviving relatives indicate that they would like peace to be able to process the loss."
Cookies op AD.nl | AD.nl

Suicide ?
"According to Erik Houtenbos, owner of the In den Blauwen Bock establishment, Anja Schaap was enjoying herself very much when she was in the cafe part of the afternoon and evening. ,, Her behavior was, I understand from employees, completely normal. And she enjoyed it, "he told this site today. At that time it was not known that she was found. Houtenbos emphasized that she never left his business under the influence of influence. That she seems to be difficult to walk on the camera images shown by the police is, according to the bar owner and the police, not striking. According to Houtenbos, Anja Schaap walked differently than normal due to health problems on her legs. "She liked to walk."
Cookies op AD.nl | AD.nl

And this seems odd too (imo)

"Katwijk-I found it very strange that she was standing in front of the snack bar here. She is a regular customer and she knows that we will be closed from 12 a.m., but she was at the door at 2:30 a.m. Very weird.' That says Liping Jiang, the owner of snack bar Family in Katwijk. The missing Anja Schaap can be seen on images from the snack bar. Anja is a regular customer of the snack bar, says Jiang. "She lives nearby and I have known her for a long time. A week before her loss, she visited. Then I spoke with her. She looked good and was happy. "
'Vreemd dat Anja Schaap 's nachts voor de snackbar stond'

The parkinglot she seems to walk to,is known by dalingdrugs,so guess that must have been
generally known...and not a good place to walk to,in case you might need help..

So she was "enjoying herself very much when she was in the cafe part of the afternoon and evening" but she was not drunk? That's a long time to be in a pub. She went to a snack bar when it was closed and she should have known that it was closed? She wandered around for a couple of hours? Something certainly seems off about what she did that day.

If she was seen as late as 3:30AM, I'm curious about the tides that day. With her purse and phone in the ditch, that cannot be an accident.

To me the strangest part is how she came quite close to her home at 2:40am (while in front of the snack bar), but she went back in the direction of the town centre.

I suppose she wasn't ready to call it a night when the pub closed at 2AM. Maybe she was hungry and thought maybe someone was at the snack shop and would open up because they knew her?

Thinking about Hannah Graham, she was at a party and had too much to drink. People told her it was time for her to go home and offered to take her home, but she said she was fine. Instead of going home, she went to another bar, where she didn't see anyone she knew, and then she jogged to the town centre to get another drink. That's where she met a murderer who bought her another drink and then abducted her. Natalie Holloway is another women who drank throughout the day and into the evening, and when it was time to go back to her hotel with her classmates, she hopped into a stranger's car and was never seen again.

My point is that sometimes people have too much to drink and, for some reason, they are determined to have more. Although the pub says she was not drunk, if she was there in the afternoon until 2AM, she was very likely drinking throughout those many hours.

That doesn't answer the question of how her purse ended up in the ditch and she ended up in the ocean, but it might explain irrational behaviour and risk level.

So she was "enjoying herself very much when she was in the cafe part of the afternoon and evening" but she was not drunk? That's a long time to be in a pub. She went to a snack bar when it was closed and she should have known that it was closed? She wandered around for a couple of hours? Something certainly seems off about what she did that day.

If she was seen as late as 3:30AM, I'm curious about the tides that day. With her purse and phone in the ditch, that cannot be an accident.

According to msm she had health problems with her legs. Maybe she took medication for it, that does not mix well with alcohol?

She went to the pub at 19.25/ 7.25 PM (if I remember it correct) It was stated that she drunk white wine,when they showed the footage of her (and her purse) in the pub -->Opsporing Verzocht,Dutch broadcast.

Here it says:
"Anja appears at the Binnensluis at 02.04 am and more than half an hour later she is filmed by a surveillance camera of the cafeteria Family on the Melkweg in the Rijnsoever. She still has her bag with her."In the images that follow, the police are not 100% sure that it is Anja, but there are many similarities in terms of build and clothing," says Opsporing Verzocht. At 3.44 a.m. Anja seems to be walking past the De Heeren van Katwijck snack bar near the Binnensluis and she goes via the Kanaaldijk towards the Uitwatering.She doesn't seem to have a bag with her anymore and she walks like she's cold. Did she fall into the water and therefore lose her bag?"
Meerdere camerabeelden van Anja Schaap

(It was chilly that night)
And the bar owner said, she wasn't that drunk,but I guess I would say the same..as a pub owner,not good for business,right?The media picked up her disappearance,very quickly.
All this is,is speculation from my part.

Here you can find more about the tides:
http://nl.wisuki.com/statistics/2317/katwijk-aan-zee

I suppose she wasn't ready to call it a night when the pub closed at 2AM. Maybe she was hungry and thought maybe someone was at the snack shop and would open up because they knew her?

Thinking about Hannah Graham, she was at a party and had too much to drink. People told her it was time for her to go home and offered to take her home, but she said she was fine. Instead of going home, she went to another bar, where she didn't see anyone she knew, and then she jogged to the town centre to get another drink. That's where she met a murderer who bought her another drink and then abducted her. Natalie Holloway is another women who drank throughout the day and into the evening, and when it was time to go back to her hotel with her classmates, she hopped into a stranger's car and was never seen again.

My point is that sometimes people have too much to drink and, for some reason, they are determined to have more. Although the pub says she was not drunk, if she was there in the afternoon until 2AM, she was very likely drinking throughout those many hours.

That doesn't answer the question of how her purse ended up in the ditch and she ended up in the ocean, but it might explain irrational behaviour and risk level.

In The Netherlands the rules are very strickt,when you leave the bar at certain hours,there is no way you can get back in.Also with other pubs,they close the door.You stay untill closing hours but once you leave..they won't let you in.As a pub owner you can lose your license,LE checks this regularly.

What happend to her..I don't know..maybe autopsy reveals more answers?
If it was an accident? Suicide? Foul play?

Kinda odd,but makes one wonder...:
About 40 km futher from Katwijk,LE is searching for a 55-year-old woman, Judith Turkstra (from Beverwijk),who has been missing for over 2 weeks.Her car was found nearby.
"Dozens of volunteers from the Veterans Search Team are looking for the woman in the dune area today. They completely comb one kilometer around the location of the car. The police and the rescue brigade of IJmuiden also assist in the search. The dune area is difficult to access."
Auto van vermiste Beverwijkse (55) gevonden bij duingebied IJmuiden

Wow! It's a bit much to think that two women in the same area committed suicide in such a short time frame. If Anja is not suicide, I suppose she could have gone into a canal that washed to the ocean.

Wow! It's a bit much to think that two women in the same area committed suicide in such a short time frame. If Anja is not suicide, I suppose she could have gone into a canal that washed to the ocean.
I think the odds of two suicides are much higher than 1-2 murders. I believe in the Netherlands there is circa 2000 suicides a year and 100 murders.

I think the location she was found is a bit West (above the Dutch islands), but they didn't reveal the exact location, other than that it was above the islands.

"Worries after find Anja Schaap: "Cause of death may never be clear"
It is a huge job for pathologists to determine the exact cause of death of Anja Schaap. Frank van de Goot, the well-known pathologist of the Netherlands, reports this. ,, This woman has probably been in the water for so long that any superficial injuries such as scratches and bumps have already been lost. If she was killed by suffocation, then you can no longer determine that."
-

" For the time being, everything indicates that Anja got into the water somewhere and was then drifted hundreds of kilometers to the Wadden Sea.
Edwin Granneman, spokesperson for the Netherlands Coastguard, does not want to speculate about this after consultation with the police, but confirms that this theory cannot be excluded. "Given the currents in the sea, that is indeed possible," says Granneman. He refers to an event earlier this year."
Privacy settings

"Body Anja may have ended up at Schiermonnikoog due to currents"

The death of Anja Schaap poses a mystery to the police. It is not yet clear whether there has been an accident, suicide or crime. None of those scenarios is excluded, says a spokesperson.

The police investigation into the death of Anja is in full swing. The police would like to get in touch with people who know what happened to Anja after she was last seen on camera.

Research is not easy
The fact that her body has been in the water for some time does not make the investigation easy, the police say. Anja Schaap (33) disappeared in the night from Tuesday 28 to Wednesday 29 May after a visit to a café in Katwijk. Yesterday afternoon her body was found north of Schiermmonikoog.

The crew of a German ship found Anja's body by accident at sea. According to the police, it is possible that a body was in the water in Katwijk and, as a result of current, will end up above the easternmost island of the Netherlands. Incidentally, it is not yet certain that Anja ended up in the water
in Katwijk. That is still being investigated by the police.

'Lichaam Anja kan door stroming bij Schiermonnikoog terecht zijn gekomen'

Also LE put in an urgent request:
"If you've seen something, please report."

SBM BBM

THE HAGUE - The police investigation into the death of Anja Schaap (33) from Katwijk continues despite the discovery of her body last week. The investigation still does not exclude a crime. The police The Hague reports on Monday afternoon.

In the meantime a section has been made on the body of the woman who suddenly disappeared from the face of the earth on 29 May after a night out in Katwijk. The police do not want to say what the outcome of autopsy was. Additional research is now being conducted into the way in which she died, among other things by checking the many tips.

Onderzoek dood Anja Schaap voortgezet

According to police, 180 tips were recieved:
Lichaam Anja Schaap terug in Nederland

The Investigation about Anja's disappearnce/death is closed:

Anja Schaap was not the victim of a crime

The 33-year-old Katwijkse Anja Schaap, who disappeared in May and whose body was found after weeks north of the Wadden Islands, was not killed by a crime. The police do not want to say how the woman died.
Privacy settings

Must be hard for her family and friends ,not knowing what happend that night

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissHalle