New book coming out by Paula Woodward

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It's true that this is one particular interpretation of the evidence, although it's one that I personally don't put much credence in. (Judge Carnes clearly disagrees.) My issue with this statement in Woodward's book is that it's presented as conclusive truth, and I find that misleading at best.

Based on this statement and one about JBR having been "brutally beaten", I found myself unable to trust any so-called new evidence this book might purport to contain. I was also bothered by the subjectivity of the author's approach. I'd be willing to read an intruder theory book that came from a place of objective fact and reason, but this is not that book. I returned it after reading a handful of pages. It's the first time I've ever returned a Kindle book.

Peter Boyles didn't name her "Paula the Brown-Nosed Newsie" for nothing.

Carnes was told that and the other side didn't dispute it. Doesn't make it true.

No it doesn't. But i find it strange that there are any discrepancies with any of the autopsy reports and people can't even determine for sure if JBR was sexually abused. There should be no question about an autopsy report and its findings, and the people doing them are usually very qualified to report all their findings. Perhaps because of any cover ups in this case we don't get a true picture of what actually did happen to JBR, and only parts of the true picture, and perhaps evidence is skewed in favor of certain people in this case? And what a convoluted case it all is. All IMO only.

No it doesn't. But i find it strange that there are any discrepancies with any of the autopsy reports and people can't even determine for sure if JBR was sexually abused. There should be no question about an autopsy report and its findings, and the people doing them are usually very qualified to report all their findings. Perhaps because of any cover ups in this case we don't get a true picture of what actually did happen to JBR, and only parts of the true picture, and perhaps evidence is skewed in favor of certain people in this case? And what a convoluted case it all is. All IMO only.

The problem in this case, Karinna, is that the suspects were rich enough to hire their own experts. What you say might be true: I would not be surprised to find out that the DA was pressuring their experts to go in a different direction from the Ramseys. But I encourage people to remember what is forensically established and what was whipped out of thin air, such as the "fingernail marks."

I finished reading this book. Very pro-Ramsey and he interviews with her. She reads as defensive of the R's for sure. I'm glad I read it. Much better books on the case though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I finished reading this book. Very pro-Ramsey and he interviews with her. She reads as defensive of the R's for sure. I'm glad I read it. Much better books on the case though.

I think Sun Tzu said it best: know your enemy.

The problem in this case, Karinna, is that the suspects were rich enough to hire their own experts. What you say might be true: I would not be surprised to find out that the DA was pressuring their experts to go in a different direction from the Ramseys. But I encourage people to remember what is forensically established and what was whipped out of thin air, such as the "fingernail marks."

And stun gun, footprint on suitcase, window an intruder could have entered....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If she was struggling to claw at the rope, where's the skin under her fingernails?

Well this is an answer in that regard BBM from a Q&A session from Kolar on reddit
(quote)
Det. Smit didn’t appear to take into consideration the forensic opinions rendered about the sequencing of injuries. Based upon my review of those theories, it is my belief that the fingernail marks on JBR’s throat were created when the collar of her shirt was pulled tight around her neck, at the same time that the triangular shaped bruise was formed on the front her neck. Next came the blow to her head that rendered her unconscious.

The garrote could not have been responsible for the triangular bruising, and was applied some period of time later, when JBR was unconscious and unable to struggle against the placement of the cord.
https://www.reddit.com/r/UnresolvedMysteries/comments/30nfvc/hi_im_chief_marshall_james_kolar_ama/

For anyone interested in this case. This book is a MUST READ!! This book is well sourced with actual police and DA files, includes BRAND NEW information and debunks the false information that many have come to believe in this case. Not only that, it includes many actual documents and never seen before photos. I appeal to anyone with an open mind and heart to read this book. I just finished reading it today.

One of the revelations is that not only was what resembled pineapple in JB stomach, there was also grapes, grape skin, and cherries. Which resembles a fruit cocktail.

It also clarifies much of the DNA misconceptions and includes actual reports. This book is a MUST read if you are interested in learning more about this case.

https://www.amazon.com/We-Have-Your-Daughter-Unsolved/dp/1632260778

Thanks for the heads-up! Will definitely get it. A different take on it to all the ex cops like Kolar, who have a vested interest to keep saying what they claim.

Thanks for the heads-up! Will definitely get it. A different take on it to all the ex cops like Kolar, who have a vested interest to keep saying what they claim.

well the timing of this book couldn't be more opportune for the opposing IDI faction that needs to pull up "fresh material" to bolster lawsuits and save the Ramsey/Wood PR machine

well the timing of this book couldn't be more opportune for the opposing IDI faction that needs to pull up "fresh material" to bolster lawsuits and save the Ramsey/Wood PR machine[/

Consider this rumor but LW offers kudos to PW for this book on twitter. That speaks volumes in and of itself. She literally takes Mark Beckner's Reddit q&a and then makes author comments afterward. She begins repeating herself and reads defensive. Interestingly, at the end of her book in the acknowledgment section, she does not thank JR or BR. Judge Carnes does NOT mention any other fruit in JBR's system- only pineapple during the Wolfe depositions. Read for yourself but reads from emotion than fact. IMHO
Kolar leads the pack with anything more recent on this case.

Kind of like Smit, Peterson, Gray, et al?

Kolar is still a cop actually, in Telluride CO.

I'm kind of confused as to why Kolar would make the comment that it is "impossible" for the bruise to have been made by the ligature. Its simply not true. I know OTG will remember on a thread here he posted several pictures of people who were strangled with ropes, scarves, etc. several exhibit an extremely similar bruise. I won't post the pictures here just because this isn't that kind of thread, but I do suggest one looking up images of people strangled with a ligature of some sort.

I was searching YouTube for vids of JBR. Ms. Woodward popped up as the maker of several vids of the Ramsey's house. I watched part of the first one. Some man narrating the thing. Guess she got access cause she was their friend.

Kolar is still a cop actually, in Telluride CO.

I'm kind of confused as to why Kolar would make the comment that it is "impossible" for the bruise to have been made by the ligature. Its simply not true. I know OTG will remember on a thread here he posted several pictures of people who were strangled with ropes, scarves, etc. several exhibit an extremely similar bruise. I won't post the pictures here just because this isn't that kind of thread, but I do suggest one looking up images of people strangled with a ligature of some sort.
Your confusion over why Kolar would make that comment is explained by your first sentence: "Kolar is still a cop actually, in Telluride CO."

Indeed, Kolar is a cop, he's not a medical type person. He has to depend on others to tell him what the medical aspects mean, and unfortunately, he somehow puts a lot of faith in what Spitz says. When Spitz is wrong, Kolar is wrong. Kolar (IMO) got a lot of the circumstances right, but even he is wrong when trusts the wrong person's opinion.

(And yes, Annapurna, there are multiple examples of the same injury on other strangulation and hanging victims.)

Cops who at least worked the case. As opposed to a retired reporter with a spotty record who has a vested interest due to being suckered by the Rs.

Paula Woodward has anaesthetised the story. I'm taking my time reading this because I've got other projects going on.

She talks about John and Patsy's courtship and mentioned that John and his first wife grew apart. There's no mention that John strayed. This is a very important detail because the Paughs were very religious. John was a divorcee and had committed adultery in his previous marriage. This wasn't a small detail for Patsy or the Paughs.

When Paula covers the cancer, she fails to include the part where Patsy felt she was cured. Jesus cured her. Patsy wanted to stop treatment and didn't want to follow-through with the invasive surgery at the end where they would take samples throughout her body looking for cancer. This was a major and painful surgery (she had already had a radical hysterectomy when they discovered the cancer.) Oh, and there was the breast augmentation.

"PR: Uh. I had a breast augmentation." http://http://www.acandyrose.com/1997BPD-Patsy-Interview-Complete.htm

This book is a kind of cleansing of any negative facts out of the Ramsey's lives.

I gave it 1 out of 5 stars.

I bought this book online when I was FIRST reading about the case. At that time I was forming by opinion about whodunnit. The preface tries hard to sell the book. I liked the house diagram although it seemed a little off like it was missing things or mislabeling the rooms(?).

After reading the first chapters, I could tell it was glossing over things and did not seem to really contribute much in the way of figuring out the crime. I lost interest and deleted it. I requested a refund from Amazon, and Amazon gave me my money back. Seems like a cash grab IMHO.

OK.
Robert A. Whitson PH.D He was one of the officers who attended that day. Couldn't find anything from Arndt.

https://www.amazon.com/Injustice-JonBenet-Murdered-Sadistic-Psychopath/dp/1475074824

Did this guy work the case? I don't think so. So you have a cop who only saw the Ramseys while they played victim who writes a book about them being victims. The guy has very limited first hand knowledge that he wanted to turn in to a book, what other conclusion could he come to?

Dave said "cops who worked the case", so this guy doesn't really qualify. Neither does Lou Smit for that matter as, according to Thomas, he had already come to a conclusion without possibly having time to review the case file. He was hired to take the case in another direction, plain and simple.

Dave is correct though, any cop that actually investigated this case has come to the same conclusion, the murderer was a family member.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay